When you call, mention priority code 160V-MXY9

Rating and Reviews: Behringer B-215D Speaker

Build an affordable, portable PA system with these Behringer powered speakers. With angled sides, the B215Ds work as floor monitors as well as main speakers.

Behringer B-215D Speaker Customer Review submitted July 14, 2010

Music Style: Christian Rock
Sound: I'm very impressed with the sound! It's very clear, and plenty loud, even with the dials at 12 o'clock. I love powered speakers because of the built in amps. We use JBL powered speakers that are very comparable in size and these sound just as good, and they are a bit lighter, and a couple hundred dollars cheaper. I love how they are designed to be both main PA speakers, and floor monitors. They are not meant to withstand a lot of bass, even tho they do handle it well - main pa speakers are really meant for mid to high range. These paired up with a couple of subs would sound great for any application. Feature: The features are awesome. I like simple, and this really is a plug in and play type speaker. High and low EQ and volume built right in, but you shouldn't really have to make any turns on the EQ knobs because they sound great set at '0.' I like all the built in components as well; the limiters protect the speaker, the crossover, etc. The molded plastic case is well built and I see it lasting a while with proper handling. Ease of Use: Ease of use? Very. Plug it in, turn it on, adjust the volume and eq, and that's it. No external eq or power amps required. Quality: The quality of how it's made? It's as pretty as a powered speaker can be. The power button and eq knobs seem to be well built as well as the input and output jacks. The metal speaker grill is just like any other powered speaker grill. The pole mount under the speaker is very handy, and the 45 degree angles allow the speaker to be arrange in a variety of ways. Value: The value is the main reason I buy Behringer. Power to weight ratio is awesome, well built, sounds great, durable, and low cost compared to other brands that are just as good. Manufacturer Support: Never had to have a product serviced or replaced by Behringer, despite some of the other reviews, but I have called them with tech questions, and everytime I've called I've had a pleasant experience with very knowledgable staff. I will be looking forward to finding some matching Behringer powered subs! The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? You wouldn't catch me humping it, but it looks like a powered speaker should look - modern. Overall: I would replace this speaker if I had to because of all the features and value I've listed above.
55 of 56 people (98.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This thing is a beast!!" submitted June 25, 2013

By joseph k in houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 16 years in music. I play nearly any instrument, and produce a wide range of styles with many local bands and artists.
Music Style: hard rock,metal, punk, electronic, hip-hop, blues, techno, trance, house, dubstep.
Overall: I got a pair of these to practice with my metal band and to use as a PA for when im playing EDM around the city. I just have to say..WOW. These things are awesome. just one by itself is louder than my line 6 half stack, which is one of the louder guitar amps you can find. The sound quality is excellent, You could run a whole band through it, and I do. Although, you may want a pair for that. When used as a pair, these things start to drown out the rest of the band when playing in our practice room. Man i dont have to worry about getting our volume on par with the drums. When im playing club music around the town I dont have to worry about what kind of sound the venue has, this thing will do a great job. And if by chance its a really big venue who insist on running thier own sound, I just use these as stage monitors, or just stick one behind the drummer so he can hear everything. The only thing i would say is watch for clipping, some of the newer models have an indicator light on the front so you can make sure you know when clipping happens. For some smaller events, i just turn these things backwards.. this allows me to play very loud without feedback and gives me a view of the clip indicator light on the back side of the speaker. that being said, you have a high volume ceiling for clipping and feedback so it is only an issue if you are extremely loud.. which these are. Each of these things put out 126db at one meter. So when i say these are loud i mean it. Also, the bass hits hard, 99% of the time this is all you will need.. but if you want earth shattering bass, you will want to check out the B1800d subs to go along with these.. I promise you, get these things, the value is undeniable, and i dont think there is a better deal on the market. These by themselves are a full sound setup.

"Great Powered Speaker.. " submitted January 11, 2013

By John H in Barberton, OH
Musical Background: 36 Year Musician / Dj / Karaoke
Music Style: All Styles
Overall: I recently sold my big rack of gear because, i got sick of hauling it around with me to gigs, and also got rid of my 76 pound JBL's.. I had a friend who had told me to check out these Behringers, and he told me about all the benefits of having powered speakers, so i decided to buy one to check it out..I am extremely impressed with the sound of these powered speakers, and also love how light that they are compared to my old speakers..These sound fantastic, and they have a lot of power..I just ordered a second speaker to use as my mains for my Karaoke/Dj show and also for gigs with my band..These sound a lot better than my old JBL's, very clear highs, and plenty of bass..I went to a Local music store and compared these with the JBL Eon's , Mackie Thump, and an Alto powered cabinet, These sounded better and were cheaper.. So I called and ordered these from Zzounds, and I am an extremely happy guy..Lightweight, Great sounding, powerful, and very reasonably priced..I would recommend these to anyone that is looking for a Quality Powered Speaker!

Behringer B-215D Speaker Customer Review submitted December 3, 2011

Musical Background: Gig twice a week in a cover band
Sound: Great speaker, and very affordable. If this is your price range, these are the best you can find. After alot of research, it was between these and the Mackie Thumps. After a side by side sound test, it was an easy choice Ease of Use: Simple 3 knob eq. Plug and play Quality: I gave it a 10 because it is well made for the price range.

"Jamm'n to the Beat!!" submitted July 26, 2011

Musical Background: Promoter
Music Style: Various
Sound: This Speakers are Awesome!! Great sound, Highs And Mids are excellent. I wish the Lows had just a little more Thump!! But its perfect for the events the do. Feature: Built in Amp!! Quality: Light weight for us guys to carry around!! Black plastic cabinet & finish that will last a long time!! Value: Well worth it!!

"The best of the best! 10+++++" submitted October 9, 2011

Musical Background: DJ
Sound: The response to my DJ system is AMAZING! Everytime I DJ I feel like im in a nightclub having a blast, never had speakers like this definitely the best ones thus far!!! This speaker is perfect as is ! Quality: Everything is nice and tight, smooth edges, pretty heavy due to the awesome parts within the speaker to produce the awesome sound! But all around its EXCELLENT! Value: This product is definitely worth its price, the performance that the speakers give out is amazing! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: The appeal matches my DJ equipment to the T, its gives everyone the look as if it were to be "FIERCE" and it questions you saying "Are you ready to party?".. Thats the kind of appeal this speaker give you! The best!!! Overall: The best speakers I've ever invested in! Never will be replaced! Excellent sound and quality all around! if the ratings can reach to 20, I eouldnt hesitate to rate it that high, and also zzsounds for their awesome payment plan if it wasnt for that, I wouldn't have these speakers. Thanks zzsounds! AJ
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome Value!!!" submitted August 9, 2011

Musical Background: Club/Mobile DJ, Sound Installer/Engineer
Music Style: House,Techno,Trance,Top 40,Latin,Rock,etc...
Sound: For a powered speaker under $300 (actual price was $279.99)the sound is clear with good amount of detail and bass. With 126db output they get pretty loud. I paired them off with the B1800D subs using a DBX DriveRack PX and they sounded great. Very impressed with the sound from these Behringers. I was not expecting much from them. Feature: Good and simple features. Has 1/4in TRS and XLR input along with XLR output which is good for linking more speakers together. Also has volume, bass and treble controls wchich make it ideal for use as single PA. Ease of Use: Very easy to use and setup. Just plug them in and you're ready to go. Quality: The quality is as good as any other. Value: The value of the B215D is incredible when you consider the price, power, weight and sound. $279.99 is a steal. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed to call support. The Wow Factor: The look is clean and simple. Overall: The Behringer B215D gives you alot bang for buck. I own JBL PRX and SRX speakers and was looking for a budget speaker to kick around for the occassional low end gig. I as blown away by the sound and value the Behringer B215D offered. Was not expecting the level of sound and quality the B215D produced. I have used Behringer in the past in a small club that has 4 B215D and 2 B1800D as their system. They rock good and hard every weekend. They give JBL,EV,QSC and Mackie a Real Good run for their money at a 1/4 to a 1/3 the price. You can buy 2 B215D along with 2 B1800D subs for $1799.95 from ZZounds and thats including $41.99 shipping for the subs. With their Play as You Pay program you can't go wrong. I ordered mine on Friday afternoon 8/5/11 and got them Tuesday 8/9/11. I highly recommend these for any DJ beginner or pro on a budget looking for good sounding set of speakers.
28 of 30 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Love this speaker!" submitted June 8, 2012

By Trish D in Willcox, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Don't play music, just plug Ipod in.
Sound: I use this for Zumba and R.I.P.P.E.D. both have loud and fun music. This speaker sounds amazing! Feature: I love it, because it is pretty much plug and play. I don't need a bunch of fancy features, just a speaker that booms! Ease of Use: This is sooo easy to use. Just plug (in my case an Ipod) and play! Quality: I think this product is super well made. It has been hauled back and forth to my classes for a couple of months now and is holding up amazingly well. Value: I think the price is really good for what you get. I purchases another speaker before this one, it was only $70 cheaper, and it was terrible! This speaker is a super value! Manufacturer Support: I accidentally bought the wrong cord to connect my ipod to the speaker, I called Behringer support spoke to a human immediately, and he told me what was causing my problem. Excellent customer service from Behringer! The Wow Factor: It looks like a beast, and sounds like a beast. Everyone commented on it, saying how it sounded great and looks pretty cool! Overall: I use this speaker for my group fitness classes in a large dance studio. It sounds awesome! The bass is good, and it fills the room. It is also very easy to transport to and from class.

"Suprising!" submitted October 31, 2013

By Derek S in Merced, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Club/Rave DJ for 6 years. DJ Manager/Sound Manager at iParty Productions.
Music Style: Hiphop, Trap, EDM.
Overall: First of all im a sound perfectionist an i had high hopes for these speaker and well... i was right! These speakers sound great! Powering on these badboys you get a slight signal hiss but that disappears soon as you play music. These being LOUD speakers i already expected there not to have much low end bass BUT the bass is definately there and something you can feel across the room but if your looking for hiphop/dubstep bass you definately need subwoofers. The highs and mids are clear and full sounding and LOUD i honestly havent turned the volume past HALF and its almost TOO loud! So you have headroom with these! As for build quality they feel solid and a little on a heavy side but if you want good speakers deal with it. The plastic material shell does scratch fairly easy but other than that im thoroughly impressed. Everyone that hears these speakers has that "wow" face on haha ill be buying a pair of the powered 18s and another pair of these badboys pretty soon. They cheap enough to replace if they do break down on you but these a reliable so far! Enjoy!

"These have been rock solid for years of use!" submitted March 14, 2011

Musical Background: Mobile/Club DJ
Music Style: Rock, Hip-hop, Dance and more
Sound: Well for starters, I think just like ANY product on the market (even more with budget items such as these) you have a bit of a hit and miss track record and that needs to be understood by anyone looking to buy these or ANY other powered PA speaker. I used a set of JBL Eon 1500's for years, all the while being disappointed with the low end, always needing to bring along subs to get good sound, and also experiencing HF driver failure on both of my cabs @ separate times (And having JBL refuse to replace them under warranty!) Now working & DJ'ing at a small bar/club we bought a pair of the Behringer 215D's and I have been nothing but impressed! they have more low end then my EON's and get almost as loud on the high end! They really get abused here too,out of town DJ's and bands, getting thrown in and out of storage and 3-4 times a week to get used and abused.. We use them for DJ's, karaoke,open mics,etc.. You do need to really watch the clipping, without a clean signal they do clip fairly easily if you try to push them too hard. And we've had a few DJ's that just don't understand that, and have forced them into overload protection, but they reset quickly and keep ticking! I am so impressed with them that if I had to do it over again I would buy 4 of these for the price rather than 2 JBL EONS's and have WAY more sound for less money! Just as with any powered or passive cab of this size you will need a sub if your really trying to get that "club sound" but from my point of view, and experience over the last few years with these they ROCK for this price they are well worth every penny! Feature: Inputs, outputs and High, low and master volume control. You don't need anything else really. If you want more then your gonna pay for it! Ease of Use: Easy to set up, just take a little time really listing to them at the volume you are going to want them to be used at and tune them from there. Don't try to get concert sound volume out of them and you won't be disappointed! Quality: Using these speakers is so simple, as it should be, the controls are easy to get to, feel fairly solid and as I have already stated we abuse these more than I think most of you would, getting pulled in and out of storage several times a week, used by DJ's, Karaoke singers, and as monitors for bands. And they have taken it all. Maybe we just bought the best pair Behringer ever made. But I'm willing to bet the rest are pretty close in Quality to the ones we picked up ;) Value: Personally with my experience with the ones I have used for the past two years I would recommend them 100% to any one looking for a nice, very portable, powered cab! (At just about any price) Manufacturer Support: Gave them a 6 just because I haven't had to use the support. The Wow Factor: Its a pretty sexy item, fairly run of the mill look, but I like it, as do most. And it looks good on a stand in any room, not too big, not too bulky and just sexy enough haha! ;) Overall: These would only be replaced for a permanent house set up,with much larger cabs and external amps. but for portability to my mobile gigs they are just awesome! Maybe if I found a CRAZY deal that was too good to pass up on the new EON powered 15's then I would replace these but at this price they sound great and are way too good of a deal to get anything else!

"Great speakers" submitted March 9, 2014

By Danny Caldwell in Spfld, MA
Musical Background: I've been a dj for over 20 years
Music Style: All types of music....you pay I'll play
Overall: I was impressed with the sound, the thumb and the power of the speaker in general, great price for more speaker

"sounds good for the price" submitted November 18, 2013

By Richard Reed III in Indianapolis, IN
Musical Background: Been a Dj for about 30 years club, mobile, radio
Music Style: House dance r&b hip hop
Overall: They sound really nice. I updated from a pair of yamaha 115 club series passive speakers. These sound as good in my opinion. I do use a active sub with these. I play hip hop r&b and soulful house so they get a variety played thru them. To summarize I am satisfied.

""The absolute best for the $"" submitted August 2, 2011

Musical Background: Singer/Songwritter/Guitarist/Recording Artist for 47 years
Music Style: Play/Sing/Write all styles
Sound: It sounds excellent, great sound quality, responds perfectly to my playing, especially to my material from my digital recorder when I play to it live, the sound is very expressive, helps me achieve THE sound I'm looking for, perfect for my style, all the sounds are great straight across the board. Sounds great with just my playing (vocals and accoustic guitar) and singing, and also with the recorded stuff, lots of bass guitar and drums. At high volumes it sounds clear and the fidelity is wonderful. Feature: The only accessories were the power cables. The features are simple and very easy to understand and use. That's just how I like it. There are no least useful features. I can't think of anything I would add to it. Ease of Use: To get a great sound out of this thing all you have to do is plug it in and turn it on (as long as what you put into it sounds good in the first place) It has a really good variety of inputs, super options here. There's hardly anything to learn about it, except, with good quality input material, you'll get the same back out of it. Quality: It is made very well, extremely road-worthy, and will hold up. Great tough finish, perfect size, and absolutely a great weight, super light for 15' and a horn, and for it's size it is extremely powerful, I've never had it over half-way on the volume and it kicks butt. Value: For the money, this is absolutely the best you can get. Great value. Manufacturer Support: Don't know, and don't think I'm gonna have to find out, 'cos this thing is built very, very well. But I've dealt with Behringer before and they hook me up. No complaints. The Wow Factor: It has no sex appeal. But it does provide the best sound quality for the money. It is a practical addition to my set-up. Overall: I'll be satisfied with this item until someone comes out with something better for a lower price. I chose this one 'cos of the price and what it will do for the price. I does help my goals in putting out the RIGHT sound. If lost or stolen, I would replace it with the same thing. Like most: it kicks major butt, like least: it's still heavier than what I wish it were. Nothing that I wish I knew before I bought it.

"great speaker for the pricd" submitted June 20, 2014

Overall
Overall: Loud!Loud!Loud! Strong sound. Little light on the lows but overall good sound for the price. Highly recommend.

"4corners" submitted February 6, 2014

By Patrick B in Ganado, AZ
Musical Background: indoor/outdoor events
Music Style: uptempo music
Overall: I got a pair and what awesome sound!!

Behringer B-215D Speaker Customer Review submitted July 31, 2010

Feature: I demoed this Powered speaker and it really sounds as good as any powered speaker that would cost over $500 bills. The only blemish I noticed is that the EQ Knobs are not recessed or enclosed which could be a problem when loading or shipping. You have to be careful how you load them for transporting.

"nice sound" submitted March 19, 2014

By Tayvin K
Musical Background: I'm a moble dj
Music Style: I play a variety of music
Overall: Love the sound of my pa system

"Great... Until something goes wrong...." submitted June 1, 2012

By Louie F in Anacortes, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing over 15 years, not professional, just love music.
Music Style: Hard Rock, Grunge, Blues, Country...
Overall: I bought these as the main speakers for my PA. I was impressed with their volume, though the lows were not as low as you would expect with 15s, but nothing a sub wouldn't pick up. However, after a couple of months, one just cut out and will not work any longer. I cannot even turn it on without input and it clips and shuts down. The real issue.... Try getting warranty service on these things. I have tried thru their website. Multiple calls (both times I got fed up after being on hold for an hour and just leave a message), using the care@music-group email address. I cannot even get anything other than an automated response. Normally I get warranty issues resolved in less time than I have been sitting and just trying to get a response. BEWARE....

"SO FAR HAS PASSED MY EXPETATIONS" submitted November 8, 2011

By a customer from LIVE.COM
Musical Background: dj
Music Style: latin
Sound: WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOWWWWWWWWW WHAT GREAT SOUND IN REALITY I COULDNT BELIEVE IT JUST ONE THING JUST TI B SINCIRE THEY R NOT 550 RMS BUT PEAK BUT NEVER THE LESS THET SOUND UNBELIVABLE Feature: THEY R MOST USFULL FOR FLOOR OR SMALL ROOM Ease of Use: GREAT AND SIMPLE Quality: THE FEEL LIKE A MILLION BUCKS Value: CANT BE BEATING Manufacturer Support: ZZOUND GREAT The Wow Factor: COULD B BETTER Overall: I WOULD WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

"Behringer B215D Speaker" submitted February 11, 2013

By Del Israelson in Armstrong, BC
Music Style: Southern Gospel music
Overall: I would definately not advise anyone to buy these speakers. I purchased 2 and within months had to send one in for repairs. The other one also gave out a few months later. I sent it in for repairs and a week later it gave out again and so i need to send it in again. Of course the shipping to the repair shop is at my cost. Behringer will not replace them which is what I feel they should do as they were practically new. They seemed to overload and shut down for no apparent reason while just turned on and not in use. I bought B212's at the same time for monitors and they have been fine so far. I suspect Behringer was a better Company when their product was actually manufactured in Germany.

When you call, mention priority code 160V-MXY9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976