When you call, mention priority code 15TM-FZK5

Rating and Reviews: Behringer B205D Speaker

Put sound right where you need it with this pint-sized powered speaker! Small enough to mount on a mic stand, the B205D has 3 inputs with individual volumes.

"All I thought it would be." submitted August 22, 2010

By a customer from yisup.com
Musical Background: Songwriter
Music Style: Everything
Sound: Very little noise. Goes loud. Great sound. Amping my seagull acoustic with an LRBaggs M1 Active and an AKG C300 mic. Perfect for "hearing myself" when composing/practicing my own material. Feature: OK the marketing materials that show you putting this on a stand with a boom are *stupid*. I didn't really believe it could make sense. I tired it. It doesn't work. Get a separate stand. Very, very nice *small* package. Very solid feeling. Smaller than I imagined, which made me happy. Love that it has phantom mic power for my AKG C3000. Ease of Use: Super easy to use. "No Duh" front panel. Plug in whatever to the two mic/line inputs. Quality: It feels so solid. Could use just a bit more "polish" on the look and feel. The "Behringer" triangle on the speaker grill is a little bit crooked! EQ knobs could use just a little more "positive click" when centering the EQ. Value: Price can't be beat. Sound is great. Super easy to use. Manufacturer Support: Don't take this support ranking to mean much. I have a number of Behringer products (mixer, direct boxes)...never had a problem so I don't know what their support is like! The Wow Factor: Who wouldn't want this? I can think of so many times that I want amplification without breaking my back. This really is a go-anywhere unit. Wanted it when it was first announced...now I got it. Overall: I can easily see getting another of these to go with my 1204 mixer for a quick, cheap, easy-to-move system for fun gigs with friends - especially for getting the vocals out above the cacaphony!

"The best monitor solution for a small venue." submitted March 2, 2011

By a customer from johnstreetjam.net
Musical Background: Musician, club owner
Music Style: Folk-Rock; Americana
Sound: I can't get over how good this thing sounds, given how light it is. Three-band EQ let's you fine-tune the sound locally - after you set it at the board. Feature: In/out on the front panel including RCA jacks for ambient sound between sets. Line in/out on back for daisy-chaining. Even has phantom power. Ease of Use: Plug it in and go. Very intuitive. My only complaint is that its angle on the mic stand is fixed and sometimes I wish I could have more control over the direction of the sound. Quality: I've only had it for a few months, so it's hard to assess long-term durability, but it works very well and it's easy to carry. Value: Lightweight, high power, plenty of control. For $200 this thing is a real bargain. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it, but the manual is very thorough. The Wow Factor: This is exactly what I was looking for. I have a tight stage with no room for floor monitors and most musicians are uncomfortable without hearing themselves. I bought 3 of these and they're perfect. Drummers love them, too! Overall: I would replace it if it stopped working out of warranty.

"Where has this been all my life?!" submitted November 21, 2011

By a customer from mymts.net
Overall
Musical Background: Since I was 11 ( I'm 61)
Music Style: Rock, blues
Sound: This is what you are looking for. It's crystal clear, loud as h---, and small. Each member of our band bought one and we are all thrilled. We don't even need our PA speakers for practices! Feature: 1) I was considering a passive monitor but am I ever glad I got this with its EQ and volume! 2) We all really like the way this monitor lets you attach your boom mic to the top of the monitor. Many other reviewers complain about this for some reason, but I don't know why. They supply you with sturdy attachments and two locking rings that allow you to adjust the the position of the boom exactly how you want it and then lock it tightly in place. Very clever design. (German—what do you expect?) Ease of Use: Here's my big p.o.: Assuming you are in a band, and you want to connect more than one monitor ( we bought 3) to the other(s)...good luck figuring it out. My other band member and I took two evenings to figure it out! The manual is devoid of any information that explains how to connect more than one monitor. So I'll save you some grief and explain it now: !) To connect your PA to monitor: Plug chord into your PA's "Monitor" jack and to the "MIC/LINE 1" jack located on the front panel of your new monitor. This creates (what I will call) your Master monitor. This monitor's volume determines the minimum volume for all other "slave" monitors connected to it. (Note: each other "slave" monitor's volume can be individually adjusted higher (but not lower). 2) To connect Master monitor to a slave (2nd) monitor: First you have to buy a 3-Pin XLR Male to 3-Pin XLR Female Audio Cable. Plug in the female end into the "THRU" input, located at the back of the Master monitor and plug the male end into the "MAIN IN" input, located at the back of the slave monitor. 3) Repeat this connection method for other slave-toslave monitors. IMPORTANT: Keep all the monitors' volumes set fairly high, (3/4 all the way or more). We had our monitors hooked up correctly but under-estimated the volume required, which resulted in no sound. Quality: It's built like a German tank. No worries that it will hold up well. Value: This is so cheap when you consider all you are getting. It's a little PA + a litle guitar amp + a little CD player...all in one, all at the same time. I really recommend this high quality product. Before our band bought these monitors, we used to rent 3 big, clunky floor (wedge) monitors for $30.00 ea month! But these little Behringers are way better. This is the ffirst time in my 35+ years of playing that I can actually hear my voice midst the loud noise our band makes (and I play right next to our drummer!) Manufacturer Support: Just bought them, but highly doubt there will be any problems. The Wow Factor: I wouldn't even want to practice with my band without my Behringer. I am spoiled rotten now. This deceivingly small monitor is all I ever hoped for. Overall: This is as important as my mic. It isn't a "nice-to-have" item. I would buy another and another if I had to. It's really that good.

"Solidly built, crystal clear sound, lots of power and a great price. Super-fast shipping. What's not to love about this speaker" submitted December 5, 2011

By a customer from bobshelley.com
Musical Background: I'm a magician, performing for 35 years professionally
Music Style: Comedy magic
Sound: Amazing sound quality from a speaker that weighs less than any speaker I've ever used with this kind of clean, clear power. From auditoriums to gymnasiums to outdoor venues, crystal-clear audio (and, at least in my experience, no unwanted echo!) Feature: Versatile, adaptable, with jacks to suit my needs and mics and I can set it on a shelf, on a microphone stand or a Camera tripod (which I use primarily). Ease of Use: Plug and play. Simple as that. I'm in no way a tekkie or inclined to mess around with umpteen controls. For the pro who wants that or the performer who wants to plug it in and get on with it, this is a winner. Value: I'm a performer who likes to keep the costs down and the quality up. This is the best value I have seen for a speaker with this kind of power and flexibility. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had a need to contact the manufacturer. The speaker is solidly built and will take a lot of abuse. I know, because I work a lot, carry my own stuff, and I know a good speaker when I see one. This is the best--well-built, lightweight, expandable. What's not to like? The Wow Factor: Try it once and you will love it. Overall: I keep this baby under wraps. If I lost it or it was stolen I would replace it with the exact item.

"Small size and easy to control." submitted December 25, 2011

Music Style: Folk and Classic Rock
Sound: As this small monitor is only needed to provide our guitar sound to the three of us (sitting in a close semi-circle), we are not in needed of excellent tonal quality. Specifically, because the speaker is so small, it does not provide any deep bass. But the tone controls can be adjusted to at least make the sound this monitor produces to be pleasant and comfortable. We use this speaker as our only stage monitor when we run our sound through one or two Bose L1's system adjusted to relatively low house volume. It helps us hear our sound easily without having to increase the house sound. Feature: The quality of the connectors is excellent, and they provide the ability to easily interconnect this speaker with other speakers. Ease of Use: Determining how to connect the mics and guitars, and control the volume and tone was straightforward. The control knobs are solid, easy to see and adjust. Quality: I am consistently impressed with the quality of material and construction of all the Behringer equipment I have owned. I have owned various Behringer products, e.g guitar amps, powered and non-powered mixers, equalizers, feedback suppressors, cable tester, and all have been made with excellent construction. (However, some of the mixers seemed to have more noise than those of competing brands.) The item I am reviewing today (B205D) is their small powered speaker/monitor, and I am VERY happy with its performance! Value: Behringer consistently provides more features on their equipment vs. all the competitor's similar priced items... and always at a lower price! Manufacturer Support: Never needed to call/email support, but their User Manuals are well written and clearly explain all the controls and their functions. The Wow Factor: This monitor can be used on small stand, table, or just placed on the floor. Because of it's small size, when placed on the floor it does not seem to "get in the way" when located near your feet... nor is it visually obstructive to the audience! Overall: If mine was stolen, because of its size, quality and features... and low price, I would not hesitate to buy this exact same product again. In fact, if I were considering a wider stage, I would buy 2!

"Saved my voice!!!" submitted June 23, 2010

Music Style: Country, Rock
Sound: This monitor has saved my voice! Our band uses these as personal vocal monitors on a very small loud stage. We have found them to be especially useful by plugging our mics into one of the three channels on the front and running each output in the back to a seperate channel on the house sound board. Just make sure you dont turn the monitor's channel input up to high cause it will distort the house. 12 o'clock seems to be good for sm58's. We are able to hear our own vocals very good and can take them out of the stage monitors which avoids feedback. Feature: Not to impressed with the mic stand boomarm "extention". We found that putting the monitor on a seperate straight stand worked much better because we could adjust the monitor's height. Ease of Use: Sounds great! I wish there was a four band EQ, or just make the frequencies smarter. Who needs 100hz knob with a 6.5" speaker? It needs a 1.25Khz knob. I'm still happy though! Quality: Behringer has really tightened up their QT. Thank God for that!!!!!!! This is a great monitor! Value: Better than paying twice for that other brand!!!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: I have other Behringer products. A "light bulb fuse" blew in one of my Behringer floor monitors. I called Behringer...they gave me a case number and had me call the company that makes the fuse...two days later I receive a package in the mail. Reasonable price, cause fuses aren't covered under warranty, fast shipping, great service!!! The Wow Factor: Fits great on a straight stand...not in the center of a boom like the say. It's small and light weight...doesn't take up much room on stage! Overall: Could use some pre-amp LEDs for input levels. Overall...saved my voice!
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A quality music/mic amp" submitted March 22, 2011

Music Style: Pop
Sound: I was looking for a compact, efficient musical instrument amplifier/speaker at a reasonable price, and discovered the Behringer. Sound quality and feedback rejection are excellent. Highly recommended. Feature: No accessories needed. Most useful are the separate instrument and mic level controls. Ease of Use: Two units can be connected together to expand coverage. It also accomodates low impediance and high impediance mics automatically. Quality: Quality construction. Value: When comparing features, this German-made unit is less expensive than US-made competitors. Manufacturer Support: Excellent support from zZounds Overall: I am so satisfied with this device that I recommended it to another musician who also has purchased it.

"Great unit for the price" submitted November 29, 2011

By a customer from 40milesout.com
Musical Background: pro level - over 20 years
Music Style: pop, r&b, blues, jazz
Sound: I really like the clean and clear sound that I get from this unit. Feature: The multiple inputs and the pass through on this thing are great. Ease of Use: This thing is very easy to use. Quality: When I got the unit, I was really happy with the quality of how it was made. Value: For the money, it is a great buy. The Wow Factor: I fills that need for someone who wants some monitor but not earphones. Overall: I love this unit.

"I use it alot and it is holding up great now go get one you won't be sorry" submitted November 1, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician and recording engineer
Music Style: Country, Rock, Blues and Gospel
Sound: I am a keyboard player for a cover band Old Rock, Blues, and Country and this thing is the best for monitoring my keyboard good construction mounts solid to a mic stand, if you play keyboard this is a great item to have. Manufacturer Support: Have not used support yet

"Great spot monitor" submitted November 12, 2012

By Jim N in Syracuse, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 40 yrs playing guitar.
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: I bought the Eurolive B205D to use as a monitor for our band's drummer. It is perfect for our needs. So much so I am going to order another for our keyboard player. I think it is a good value and the foot print is no more than that of a microphone stand.

"Not perfect but excellent value." submitted September 19, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Musician, Sound Engineer, Teacher.
Music Style: Acoustic Eclectic
Sound: I use these in school as instant plug & play PA systems in halls and classrooms, AV monitors for presentations, choir foldback monitors, small ensemble foldback monitors and anywhere else I need usable volume and ease of operation. Don't expect extended bass or treble since you won't get it, but the sound is more than adequate for most purposes. I prefer these over large monitors when playing as part of a duo since the sound is clean and controllable. Feature: You can plug in just about anything and get a reasonable sound. There is a stereo input option [summed to mono] as well as XLR and jack plug combo sockets, all with separate volume control, plus master level. And an additional input and link output at the back. Oh, and a nice bright blue power on LED. Ease of Use: You can plug in just about anything and get a reasonable sound. For non-techies they are ideal. Mounting on a mic stand is not brilliant due to the fixed angle of the 'top hat'. Quality: The case is solid and nothing seems to rattle inside. The pots are the weak link as with most equipment at this price, but take care of the kit and it should keep working. Value: It's a Mackie clone and does the same job for a lot less dosh. Mackie's build quality seems to have gone downhill of late [maybe I've been unlucky]. I've not had a Behringer failure yet, but I do try to have a back up, just in case. The Wow Factor: Pay more and you might get a better finish and possibly more reliability, but I like the feel and solidity of these monitors, and they look the business, so perceived value is quite high. Overall: Not perfect, but when viewed overall, the value is excellent and the sound quality good enough for most applications. I certainly expect to use them for a good many years and would happily purchase another one or two if necessary.

"Eurolive Active Speaker Review" submitted January 9, 2014

By Doreen Moore
Musical Background: jam at home, Keyboards, flute, Karaoke, sing
Music Style: R&B Jazz Electronic Rock Reggae
Overall: Honestly, this is the first time I will be using the PA speaker on my own. My previous experience has been with my foray in Karaoke by way of an ex who is also a Sound Engineer. We initially utilized Behringer products and I liked the size (as well as the sound) of the product and now that I am doing Karaoke on my own, it only made sense to go back to a tried and true product for me.

"surprised me!" submitted July 3, 2012

By Rodney McCoy in Beckley, WV
Musical Background: drums, bass, sound engineer 20+ years
Music Style: Christian rock, metal, anything in between
Overall: wow, this little thing rocks! i am more than surprised how much output this thing has, and the sound is unbelievably natural, especially for vocals and guitar. as stated before, the boom mic attachment is a bit lacking, but that is the only downfall. just use it on a seperate stand and leave the wedges on the truck! why waste $$ on mackie, when this little guy does the exact same thing? i have it mounted to my drum rack, and will be ordering more for the rest of the band.

"Great Personal Monitor" submitted May 13, 2012

By Doug S in The Villages, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 40 years, currently doing classic and oldies rock in an 8 piece band.
Music Style: Rock, country
Overall: My band has been using this these units for about a month. They add a lot of flexibility to our setup because we can actually use them for band rehearsals and not have to lug around the heavy equipment. Just daisy chain them together and you have all that you need. For gigs they save us a lot of stage space and allow us to personalize our monitor volumes. We also no longer experience feedback due to stage monitors. I accidentally dropped mine from about 5 feet onto a hard stage floor and there was no damage. I highly recommend these units. I have not needed manufacturer support, so the rating for that has no meaning.

"I'm sold" submitted March 14, 2013

By a customer from gmail.com in 2350 Broadway, NY
Musical Background: 40 years , jazz vocals
Music Style: jazz,
Overall: I'm sold on the sound of this thing for the small intimate gig. I was not one to believe it until I saw a friend use one. I ran out and got one immediately and used it on a small bar gig. I put it in my back pack and took the train to the gig instead of driving in Manhattan with my larger speakers in tow. I really enjoyed it. Very powerful for the price.

"Great Little Guitar Amp" submitted March 12, 2014

By Ethan S in Henrietta, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for over 11 years now. Any guitar, professionally in a band called Eternal Light, as well as my solo career.
Music Style: Christian/Country, Christian/Rock, and Praise and Worship mostly, a little blues and secular genres as well but mainly stylistic
Overall: I used to lead worship in a small church of 100 people and the pastor then (as well as the elderly) would complain about the noise coming off the stage from my guitar amp......well, this little box solved everything!!! (well not everything, I'm not there anymore, but it solved the noise issue) This was my vocal monitor and it was great for that! But I had already taken my amp home and was just running my pedals to the house (lame especially playing a hollow-body Gretsch) and the problem remained. I liked my monitor up really loud and even worship team members (the pastor's wife mostly) would complain about the volume (which this little gem has plenty of!!!)...then it hit me. I pulled the B205D off my mic stand and set it on the floor, plugged my pedal chain into the Line 1 input and ran a mic cord out of the thru to the house PA system. Eureka!!! It made the perfect "in-church" guitar amp. All I did then was turn the main volume down so as to bypass the B205D's speaker, got some in ear monitors, and we were rockin' and rollin'!!! I want one of these for my self now. It achieved great, tube amp quality, tone without the hassle of micing your amp and worrying about stage noise in a smaller venue!!!

"good quality sound!" submitted April 4, 2010

By a customer from stauros.com
Music Style: christian
Sound: Have several Mackies... so long as the Behringer holds- up, it is a great price! Don't expect to run all instruments thru it... just vocals, some guitar and maybe some keys. Feature: just what I need! Quality: seems fine... time will tell Value: again, compared to the Mackie... half the price!! Manufacturer Support: heven't needed it?
22 of 27 people (81.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buy It!" submitted March 30, 2012

By Eric B in Orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing drums for 30 years. Small clubs, bars and various venues.
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Blues
Overall: This baby rocks! No more floor wedges, no more 25-35 pound space hogging monitors. I am a drummer that needed a monitor to hear the vocals and guitars. I didn't need any bass as I am sitting next to the bass cabinet. This thing cuts through with plenty of volume to spare. I love that is is small as many of the venues that I play are very limited in drumming space. What is so amazing is that this thing delivers it all (except low end) in something that is the size of a shoe-box and weighs only 6 pounds. The guys in my band all are ready to ditch their heavy wedges and buy one.

When you call, mention priority code 15TM-FZK5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976