When you call, mention priority code 1616-9SSL

Rating and Reviews: Behringer AMP800 Amp

Route your mix to up to four independently controlled stereo channels with this affordable monitoring solution from Behringer.

"Beringer did pretty good with this little guy." submitted March 31, 2008

Musical Background: Drums 17 years, pro player
Music Style: funk, blues, fusion
Sound: Ive never owned a different headphone amp. But I cannot tell that I am having any sound problems with it. I have a decent set of headphones and it cranks them pretty hard and it sounds clean. Feature: Seems to have nice features, 2 inputs to select from. Works fine for me. Ease of Use: Really easy to hook up and use. Quality: It is plastic but what do you expect for 50 bucks, and it works fine. Value: For the money, you likley wouldnt buy a better new headphone amp. It does what it says its going too. Ant the sound is good. Manufacturer Support: The best, the kind you dont need The Wow Factor: Looks pretty good in my rack, and level indicators look cool too. Overall: Overall sound is clean and has plenty of power and options for me. 4 people can monitor at the same time. For the money what else can you ask for.

"looks and sounds good enough for me" submitted March 30, 2006

Musical Background: engineer, producer, musician
Sound: I wouldn't use this with headphones to mix or master; there is some noticeable noise added which is typical of almost any headphone amp, but this doesn't really matter to me because I only use this for live tracking. There are amps much more expensive yet with much more noise. I use a higher quality headphone output on my digi 002 for reference when mixing/mastering. Plenty of power. Just as much as my digi 002, but this amp doesn't sound quite as good. Feature: Plenty of inputs/outputs. More than I will ever need. Ease of Use: Not a very detailed manual, so setup could potentially be confusing for some people. Actually, I did receive a very extensive manual, but it was in German (I think) and I didn't get an english one. Oh well. I don't personally need one anyway. Quality: It's fairly light, but doesn't necessarily feel cheap. It could probably take a beating. Overall well built and the sound quality, for live tracking, is just fine. Value: $45 with shipping? Really freaking good deal. I prefer this amp to many that are much more expensive. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with behringer and I own a lot of their gear. This is a good thing. Their speakers aren't too good, so I avoid them. Their electronics/rack gear/mixers are generally fantastic. The Wow Factor: Anyone needing a reliable, well built, good sounding headphone amp won't be disappointed with this one. Looks snazzy. Overall: Love it. Will keep it with me for year to come; hopefully it won't go out on me. I don't think it will. Behringer electronics are usually fantastic and very affordable.
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best $50 I ever spent. Band practice, broadcasting or Podcasting for days!" submitted April 11, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician/Sound Engineer
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: I am amazed at the sound quality of this little guy. It's clean, clear and produces no noise at all. I am using it with a drum practice rig and my Aural Exciter sounds awesome through it. Feature: This amp has everything you will need to monitor or use instead of amps and speakers. I use it at the end of the chain and all my effects sound like your playing live. besides the front 4 headphone inputs, you have 4 more on the back sharing the volume control of the front 4. That's 8 total headphone inputs! It also has balanced inputs/outputs and a link connection for other boxes in the series. For monitoring or live practice it's absolutely perfect! Ease of Use: It's as simple as it gets. There is no learning curve as everything is straight forward. You have front level and output controls that are a cinch to set. Turn your headphone level up and your rocking. That simple. Quality: This is the only section I can't answer yet as I just got it. I have no idea how long it will last. Switch's, knobs etc are tight, but not the absolute highest quality. This thing might work for years though. It has a plastic housing and great looking LED's and level indicators. Value: There is no better value in the catalog. Pristine sound, awesome inputs and levels for $50 bucks shipped? You gotta be crazy not to get it. Manufacturer Support: not had to use it. The Wow Factor: Not as sexy as some, but dynamite comes in small packages. The only complaint I have is there is no rack mount capabilities on this little guy, but he sits on top of my effects rack just fine. It does have rubber strips so it wont move. Overall: I will use it till it breaks. I can't see why I would need anything different. I would replace it in a second as long as there are no quality concerns in the model.

"Webcaster / Sports Producer" submitted April 20, 2010

By a customer from parkland.edu
Musical Background: Executive Producer
Sound: I use this amp for sports coverage in the field. It works as advertised. Hard to beat it for the price. In my application, equipment take a beating, and this AMP 800 stands up quite well.

"Amplifying the whole house" submitted February 27, 2008

Musical Background: 20-year radio production, DJ, show host, broadcast engineer
Music Style: anything anyone wants to hear - string quartet to cowboy poetry to car commercials
Sound: I'm using it as a distribution amp for sound systems in each room. I have a studio and seperate systems where you could monitor the sound from the living room to the garage and bathroom. This was the perfect answer... and it only cost $45 with shipping. Feature: It elimiated all the ground loops I was chasing and strengthens the sound. I realize this wasn't intended for such a task, but computer speakers mesh with headphone outs, so I can use a JBL system in one room, Cambridge in another and HK in the third. All sound excellent. Controls are wonderful and the balancing input volumes are a welcome addition. Quality: Brand new condition. It won't stay that way as it will sit behind the wall. Value: DA's don't normally cost $45, unless it's some transistor model you scrounged from an old radio station. Manufacturer Support: First Behringer unit. I got their catalog so I'll start the wish list soon. The Wow Factor: Doubt anyone thought of using this as a DA. Typical solution for my problem would be a Symetrix unit for roughly $400-500. More user friendly than a Henry unit. Overall: It's been on line for a week. Let's see how it holds up during thunderstorm season.

"GET IT!!!!" submitted January 7, 2009

Musical Background: Recording Engineer pianist
Music Style: ALL
Sound: Not to bad for 50$ its better then the more expesive ones Feature: it has 8 outputs like wow i never would need that many but its cool Ease of Use: a dof could do it Quality: its made of plastic but other then that its sex Manufacturer Support: never need it Overall: i got it in canada its is a great add on looks are ok and its sound like sex in my ears i would never buy a expensive one i had a expesive h phone amp and it crapped out after a year and it didnt souund all that pretty this one is soooooo much better

"One of the worst headphone amps to get!!" submitted October 31, 2013

By Marlon W in Houston, TX
Musical Background: Keyboardist/ Bass guitar play
Music Style: Jazz, Christian, Gospel
Overall: I bought this headphone amp a while back and right when I got it out of the box only one port worked. When I plugged up my music to listen to through the AMP800 I could only hear it on the left side on port 1. None of the other ports worked at all!! Sweetwater helped out to trade AMP800 and get the ART headphone amp! Save your money and go for the ART headphone amp! It's the best one to use ever!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1616-9SSL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976