When you call, mention priority code 15Z4-JKW8

Rating and Reviews: Behringer ADA8000 AD-DA

Add 8 mic preamps and 8 channels of 24-bit conversion to your DAW or digital mixer, with the Behringer ADA8000 Ultragain Pro analog-to-digital converter.

"perfect solution for my multi input problem" submitted August 30, 2006

By a customer from brainwashaudio.com
Music Style: electronic rock
Sound: sound is clean & flat. doesnt colour the tone positive or negatively. i'm sure more expesive pre's have more oomph to them, but for the price this thing is great. Feature: simple. line ins, line outs, volume, phantom power & the adat connections. it's a great interface for my creamware card. i can route audio pretty much any way i want with this thing. Ease of Use: it's pretty basic. all controls are there. i have yet to play with the word clock. be sure to send adat light pipe both ways & slave it. Quality: the only thing that bugs me is the volume knobs. they dont quite line up uniformly so if you are trying to boost in stereo (say 2 mics or a stereo in), you have to check levels elsewhere or trust your ear. otherwise it's solid. not top of the line by any means but anyone shopping in this price range should expect that. Value: good bang for the buck if you want multiple inputs & have an adat friendly soundcard. Manufacturer Support: havent dealt with behringer yet. so far no trouble with any of their gear. The Wow Factor: perfect solution for my multi input problem. i wanted to use my creamware card to capture jams. drums, guitar, keys, ext... with 2 of these connected to the adat pipes on my creamware card i capture 16 channels of audio at once. straight to the hard drive. it's a clutch position in my setup. Overall: only reason i can see to replace this is if i start recording past it's 48khz limit which seems kinda pointless at the moment. i'd like to pick up a higher end mic pre for vocals & lead instruments & keep this for drums & synths.

Behringer ADA8000 AD-DA Customer Review submitted July 12, 2011

Overall
Sound: It just work's! What more could you ask for?? I have 3 hooked up to a RME hdsp 9652 and they sound great! -102 DB s/n at idle, -72 DB s/n wide open. For 48 KHZ Mine are all stable and sound great. Feature: Would be nice if they had included the TOSLINK cables! But fortunately I had a few spares. Ease of Use: Hooked up the TOSLINKS, set the switch and I was ready to work! Simple and easy! Quality: They have held up well! Even looped back and used as stand alone pre's! Value: Its a great product for the price. If the specs fill what you need its a great deal! Manufacturer Support: Honestly, there are many that don't seem to like Behringer and have probably never even uses their products or spoken to them. I called their support number before purchasing these to ask if I could use them in loop back mode as stand alone pre amps. The person I spoke with was very knowledgeable on the product and knew the answer immediately. THats better service then I get from most companies. The Wow Factor: I like the look, simple and clean, no frills that break.

"TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!" submitted November 29, 2004

By a customer from pobox.com
Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, sound engineer, performing singer/songwriter
Music Style: acoustic rock
Sound: Clean, clear, pure. Far, far better than my Behringer low-end mixer. Feature: I would give this a 10, but there is one thing I think it is lacking. There's no switch to connect the inputs to the outputs for use as an analog mic pre. The Behringer is basically two units in one. The mic preamps on the front convert into optical digital TOSlink OUTPUT. The XLR outputs on the back carry whatever signal is coming in from the TOSlink INPUT. The circuits are separate. I bought this primarily for use as a live mic pre-amp (8-in, 8-out). Without a TOSlink cable to slave the INPUT to the OUTPUT, it doesn't work as a live mic pre-amp. Fortunately, I had an optical cable with me when I bought it, because I bought it the day of a concert I was running sound for. Not a big deal, since it's CHEAP, sounds GREAT, and wasn't intended as a plain 8-in/8-out mic pre. On that note, it's a terrific mic preamp for running live sound. Quality: Well constructed, solid metal. As road-worthy as the rest of my rack-mount gear. Value: Look at the competition. Hands down, this is an unbeatable value. None of the 8 input mic pre's in this price range provide ADAT optical in's/out's. Use this for live sound, take it home and use it for digital recording. I like it!! Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them, but have a friend who has. He's very happy. He had a bad V-Amp, they sent him the rackmount pro version as a replacement which he was thrilled about. Have used Behringer products for about 7 years now. Never had problems with mine. The Wow Factor: It's aesthetic in a utilitarian cold-steel-kind-of-way. Clean lines, simple layout, brushed metal. Looks solid, feels solid, inspires confidence. It's not "sexy" like Focusrite or Avalon mic pre's, but it's not competing with that high-end market. Overall: I like it cause it was a very good price, it saved my butt a few hours after buying it (live concert needed mic pre), works as advertised, and it does two things for me. (1) Live analog/analog mic pre for live sound. (2) Analog/digital 8-channel conversion for recording studio.
26 of 28 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Behringer ADA8000 AD-DA Customer Review submitted November 15, 2008

By a customer from thinkeye.com
Musical Background: Active Musician Recording Engineer
Sound: Sound is great for this price range. No better value for this price. Of course the Focusrite and Avalon pre's do sound better. I have used 3 of these for live and in the studio. They sound great doing both jobs. Feature: One thing I wish it came with was light pipe cables. All inputs and gain knobs are in the front so be ready for the cables to be in your way to adjust gain. Ease of Use: Straightforward usability. Quality: Very well made for what it is. Value: You won't find a better value. Manufacturer Support: Never needed them The Wow Factor: I had to have it well 3 of them to record live bands big drum kits and not break the bank. Overall: I will be satisfied with this product for as long as Behringer makes it. If really serious about vocals, invest in a nice single channel or channel strip pre for this. This is a great product and got me well on my way in my studio and mobile recording rig.

"Best 8 channel ADAT upgrade in any price range." submitted February 7, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician, recording engineer
Music Style: All
Sound: The sound of this is great. I have owned this piece since the first day it came out. Have you wondered why they are always sold out. Never on ebay used? Come on people get with it. If you have good ears and know how to record and mix properly then this will work wonders. I have loved it since day one. Has been in my 002Rack for over 2 years now, never a problem ever. Feature: For the money, you tell me who beats it? Quality: Awesome Value: Can not beat it. Manufacturer Support: I called Behringer for how to sync this my 002R slaving it in my digital chain for word clocking purposes. They where very helpful. The Wow Factor: it's not sexy but neither is the toyota prius, but it gets 60mpg, nuff said. Overall: Buy it now.

"Nice for the Price" submitted July 31, 2006

Musical Background: Active musician, Studio Engineer
Music Style: RnB, Jazz, Gospel
Sound: Transparent enough to use for instruments with built in preamps, Like guitars and rohdes pianos. I use the line inputs to ADAT for about 20% of my recording. Which I think is saying alot considering my pres, API-312, Neve-73, Summit-tpa200, and UA 610. I wouldn't use it for major vocals or instruments in a mix. But not bad. Feature: Needs separte phantom for each mic input Ease of Use: I'm using this with a EMu 1212 sound card. The ADA 8000 was a snap to hook up. The EMu recognised the ADA 8000, But setting up the Emu Patch software took about 40 min. Quality: I've owned this unit one year. So far very reliable. Value: For the money and compared to other simular products, worth the money. Manufacturer Support: Not Used Overall: This unit is worth the money. I've recomended it to home studio owners.

"Simple" submitted November 21, 2012

Overall
Overall: Overall. I bought two of these to use in conjunction with an Maudio Profire 2626. Sure the profire records at 192 khz @ 24 bit, but DVD-quality sound is 48/24. This unit performs flawlessly. I run DIRECT OUTS that are on each channel on my board to the TRS inputs. of the units. With these two inexpensive units, I now have a 24 track system. Features - this is no frills. As long as I can get a sterile representation of the sound while recording, I can use my DAW to shape it the way I want it.Quality - I haven't run into any problems in the few days of use.Sound - Seems to give an accurate representation of the sound.Ease of use - plug and go.Value - bought it because of ADAT capabilities, I'm happy.Wow Factor - there is none. It is a straight / flat unit that serves its purpose without being pretty.

"So far, so good!" submitted April 10, 2004

Music Style: acoustic and worship
Sound: The preamps are fine. I recorded a live cocert through another mackie board, using the inserts to send signal to my behringer and then into my digi002. I was surprised at the quality. Feature: Considering the size...how much more could you want? Quality: It works. i agree with a previous reviewer that it seems resistant to spikes...either it has amazing head room that the knob doesn't access, or there is a limiter circuit...listen to me, sounding like I know what I'm talking about:)...I recommend it. Value: I can't complain for the price. I bought it primarily for drums. I'll use my neves for the detailed recordings. Manufacturer Support: never had the need but the rumor is that they are horrible! The Wow Factor: got a digi 001, 002? get it!

Behringer ADA8000 AD-DA Customer Review submitted December 25, 2006

By a customer from villanova.edu
Musical Background: musician, comp/electrical engineer
Sound: Sounds decent. Definately needs to have phantom power separate for each channel but that would probably jack the price up. Other than that, it works great.

"Occupies a unit of rack space quite nicely." submitted April 18, 2006

Musical Background: Active musician/engineer
Music Style: Name it
Sound: This is basically two units in one. On the input side, it's quite usable. The preamps are nothing to write home about, but are adequate for stage use. It might also be useful in a studio setting if you need a bunch of pres for miking, say a drum kit, and quantity is more important than quality. You probably don't want to run your vocal mic through these. On the output side, again nothing stellar, but adequate for non-critical applications. My particular unit exhibits some really nasty high-frequency aliasing that renders it completely unsuitable for critical listening. I don't know if this is a design problem, or if it's specific to my unit. [If you have one of these, try running pure sine waves through it at, say, 10k, 12.5k, 16k and 20k. If your unit has the problem that mine does, this test will make it very obvious.] I have this unit connected to the ADAT in/out on a Creamware SCOPE card. A/Bing the Behringer against the AD/DA converters on the SCOPE's line in/out makes it pretty clear that Creamware's converters are vastly superior. So much so that I don't really use the Behringer unless I'm really tight on I/O. Feature: Typical Behringer feature-richness. Ease of Use: Pretty straightforward -- not a lot you can do wrong. It would be nice if the +4 and -10 positions on the gain controls were detented, or if there were some other way (pushbutton or whatever) to lock it to those settings. It loses some points for the all-or-none phantom power, as well as for the fact that the phantom switch could easily be pressed accidentally by a fat finger on its way to the power switch. Quality: Not bad. The principal moving parts, the gain knobs, are a bit flimsy, have excessive play, and are non-uniform in stiffness, suggesting some problems with the quality of build and/or materials. The signal LEDs do a funky little dance when phantom power is switched on or off; this makes me wonder a bit about the quality and consistency of the electronics. The connectors seem okay, although I don't know how many plug/unplug cycles they could stand. Overall, not something I would be likely to take on the road. Pity, since it's not really suitable for critical applications in a studio either. Value: For what it does, the price is pretty good. If price is more important than high fidelity and long life, this might be a good choice. Manufacturer Support: No experience. The Wow Factor: Behringer doesn't generally go for sex appeal. This item is in that "get the job done cheaply" category. Overall: The bottom line is that I basically don't use it. I bought it for studio use, basically to take advantage of the ADAT I/O on my sound card and move the AD/DA conversion out of the noisy computer. Unfortunately, the degradation of sound quality relative to the analog IOs on my high-end sound card is just a bit too severe to be useful to me.

Behringer ADA8000 AD-DA Customer Review submitted November 7, 2009

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Overall
Musical Background: all of the above
Music Style: all of the above
Sound: i wanted to add an additional 8 channels of analog to my old trusty digi 001,. that exactly what i got,. just hook up the adat in and out to the digi 001 pci card,. and route you 9-16 channels to adat 1-8 and your done,., now i can use my old mackie 32 x 8 to mix which is fun now because i got so used to my digital board,.., converts the sound great,. dont really want to use the preamps but now i can record up to 16 tracks at once., Feature: its an ada converter great for the price Ease of Use: easy as pie, just hook it up, didnt even have to switch anything Quality: its a behringer,,. but i put my trust in them, lets see what kind of life i can get out of it, only had it less than a month so far Value: great value

"Good enough for live pre-amping; but not a studio-quality product." submitted January 24, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Recording drums mainly for about 5 years.
Music Style: Funk
Sound: Sound quality was okay, still a differente between the MOTU828 pre-amps and the ADA8000. But lately two of the 8 channels hum even when there is nothing connected to it. Never tried the outputs. Feature: I was primairely looking for a 8channel pre-amp with Adat-out. That's what is does. Not a single optical-cable included . . But I got them for free so I'm not complaining. Quality: Finish and style is okay (typical behringer) but sturdy enough. Those huming channels are a real bummer, though. Unit is only 1,5 years old. Value: If nothing would have buckled it would have read 10. But channel 2 and 4 . . . Manufacturer Support: Haven't tried support yet. Overall: Whenever I have some money left I'll go for a Focusrite, Macky or presonus 8-preamp adat unit. I was warned on forehand and sadly enough the warning was justified . . .

"you get what you pay for but you might want to pay more and get a better one" submitted February 15, 2008

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: recording engineer, working musician
Music Style: rock, alternative, blues
Sound: I am using this ad converter/preamps with a digidesign 002rack unit for recording in protools. I guess you get what you pay for. I purchased this unit because it was the most affordable unit around I could find to expand my inputs from 8 to 16 (using adat optical connections)and it works fine but the sound quality is not nearly as good as the sound of the digi's preamps. In addition the AD8000 must be used as the master clock with my protools rig (this is a feature that could definately be fixed). If I try to use the digi as master clock,and the AD8000 as the slave, there is a lot of digital error clocking noise. So I end up using the inferior of the two clocks to synch my system. the result is that unless I am recording a full drum set, where I need the additional inputs, and I am not as particular about the preamps for drum mics, I don't use the behrenger at all it just fills up a rack space. I would use the unit more if I could use it as a slave rather than the master. The up side is that this unit is considerably less expensive than it's nearest competitor. Ease of Use: this product does not play well with others. It should be able to use as a slave without all the synch noise Quality: all the cosmetics are great and it is light weight etc . seems to be mechanically well made but the bit rate switch should be mounted on the front of the unit (not in the back where it currently is). Value: you get what you pay for, these are cheap preamps and they sound ok Overall: as soon as I can afford it and have more studio business that requires the additional imputs, I will buy a better one

Behringer ADA8000 AD-DA Customer Review submitted January 3, 2008

Sound: I needed an d to a converter. I was considering purchasing a surround sound receiver and using the digital in to convert my computer output (Sonar) to analog for monitoring. When I found the Behringer ADA8000 with a d a and mic pres for under $200 (blemished) , I got pretty excited. However, I could only get a digital signal with my flute of -10 with my Crown SASS mic. An email to Berhinger suggested using a preamp, but that defeated the idea of an all in one unit. So I was back to using it only as an d to a converter for monitoring. Unfortunately, there was some minor distortion present. I can't say that it was the Behringer ADA8000 as I don't have another d to a converter to check that out, but I have never had the problem before with my old now defunct converter. Rather than try to follow this up any further, I am shipping it back and will go ahead with my original idea of a surround sound receiver for my monitoring since the pres are not workable. zzounds.com was very understanding and emailed a RA with no questions.

When you call, mention priority code 15Z4-JKW8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976