When you call, mention priority code 15F6-C7M2

Rating and Reviews: BC Rich NT Warlock Guitar

With snarling tone and solid, neck-thru construction, the NT Warlock guitar delivers serious sustain and lends itself well to playing in drop tunings.

"Metal axe" submitted May 30, 2012

By Aleksey K in Madison, WI
Overall
Musical Background: A couple of years, not a pro but not a novice.
Music Style: Black Metal, Death Metal, Blues, Folk
Overall: The guitar came in a great shape, well padded in a sturdy cardboard box. No scratches, no damage. Mint as mint goes. The action was extra low and strings rattled even in regular tuning. I adjusted the action, tuned it to D and the sound was great even with the thin stock strings that were put on the guitar at the factory. For stock strings they are really good and if you dig 9-42s there will be no reason to change them for a while. Not changing the strings just yet but I will be putting 11-60s on this lady fairly soon. It's what I am used to and I can barely feel thin ones through my calluses. The sustain is something to witness, blows out my other two decent guitars that have a set in neck and a bolt on. The pick ups are hottt. Turning down the tone knob and messing with amp settings you can get some decent bluesy vibes out of it but it really is made for metal and a lot of high grain/distortion. Even though Korean made, the pickups look and sound very solid, the wiring looks great, lots of copper was put into those things. I have no desire to buy more expensive ones, maybe once I get bored with the stock sound but I really doubt it could happen. Frets needed conditioner, they were a little dry. If you like to put your own grease into them over time -- go ahead -- but I used leave in conditioner from Dunlop, let the board dry a little and then wiped off the excess. The ebony really turned much darker and the action became very smooth. Some black dye got on my fingers but nothing severe. The filing of frets is OK but I am used to my Silvertone Les Paul knock off and that guitar has very nicely filed frets, however, I won't be touching them on this BC Rich, let them wear out a little over time. I can totally live with the way they came. Perhaps it is just a little different design then what I am used to. The overall feel of the guitar is that it's very well made. Well put binding, smooth curves, well installed hardware. Nothing is flimsy or needs tightening. You will spend some time tweaking the action but it's well worth it to find that great feel. For the price I bought, even though I was skeptical at first, it's really hard to go wrong. It is a beautiful guitar with a great sound, built very solid. A true metal axe suitable for anything this kind of music throws at you. I appreciate the craftsmanship Chinese put into it, there's real love put into the instrument. Also gotta say that the neck is very well designed, can't see the way it was set but it feels very comfortable and so smooth I just want to slide my hands up and down the black painted wood over and over again :D P.S. Didn't deal with the manufacturer and hope never have to but it gave it 5 stars just because.

"great bang for your buck (@ $349)" submitted April 15, 2012

By D S in San Jose, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 3 yrs self-study of guitar, strictly practice at in-home studio
Music Style: all kinds of metal, classic rock, funk
Overall: I've only previously owned a warlock bronze, warlock nj, and jr v, prior to picking up this warlock nt. Besides the Jr. V neck-thru, this Warlock NT really can't be beat for $349. Unplugged, the sustain is huge. The manufacturing of the NT i received was surprisingly impressive, for a made in China, guitar. The action was a tad bit high, which I adjusted to my liking and all was good. Binding, ebony board w/ inlays, fretwork, electronics are super clean; no issues there for me. Grover tuners are solid; just what I would expect from them. Neck is nice and thin; just the right kind of thin for me (no shoulders, more of a thin D-ish shape to it). The only support I had was for a query on what model Duncan Design pickups were in the NT. Fortunately, that's all the support i've needed thus far. I received a quick response to my query from a support rep (Tim Keyes), to include a direct link to the pickups on the Duncan website. That's how customer service should be...thorough with details. Tim's enthusiasm to help was icing on the cake (Keep it up Tim!). The only issue I had was with a broken high-E string. The NT looked to be slightly down-tuned for the delivery, but again the high-E string was broken when i opened up the box. I typically change strings right-off-the-bat anyways, so not that big of deal to throw a fresh set on. But i thought I'd mention it anyways, as the NT is marketed as having D'Addario strings installed from the factory(which is super awesome), but in my case, really isn't a selling point since i had to restring due to the broken string. All-in-all, I'm really pleased with this NT purchase. I'm not a frequent reviewer of product, but overall when the quality of product, to include the purchase/support process, was as great as it could have went, I had to make mention. If you want metal looking axe, with a solid feature set, for under $350 US, I'd highly recommend the Warlock NT.

"An Excellent Axe Indeed" submitted May 8, 2013

By Nick S in Zeeland, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar for about 13 years off and on. I also play bass, keyboards and sing. Been in a variety of bands semi pro.
Music Style: Progressive Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Jazz, Blues, Pop, Art Rock, Punk
Overall: I have often been drawn to the warlock shape, as have many a metal head. Often, I hear this sited as the only thing that the company has going for it. As a musician I could never sacrafice sound or quality no matter how awesome something looks. I really had to play some of these guitars to see for myself. My conclusion is that like any other guitar company, you get what you pay for.In this specific case, a Neck Through guitar, with ebony fretboard, grover tuners, a basic bridge, and some off model of Seymour Duncan pickups. All that is actually very solid on paper, and for $400 is a steal!!!First off, this guitar (among other high end B.C. RIch guitars) has disproven for me the idea that the company is low quality, or incapable of making a great instrument. The quality of this guitar is flawless. The fretts are on straight and well filed. The neck is straight and secure. All the parts are in great working order with no visible defects. I have seen their lower end (bronze series) and can understand why people might question the quality there, but I challenge anyone to play a 200 ESP, Gibson, Ibanez, or Fender, to compare. They tend to all have problems on the low end. Now, about the sound. This guitar sings, roars, screams and squeals. This is the first neck through guitar I've owned, and the first with an ebony fretboard. There is a definite difference in how this guitar sustains compared to bolt-ons, and set necks. The attack is very crisp. I think it's the ebony fingerboard, but every note seems to be crisp and brite. Much better than rosewood, and even maple in my opinion. The bridge and tuners combine to hold tunning very well. I can play for hours and it stays where I've dialed it in. The pickups are the weak link, but still better than the companies own BDSM stock pickups which they use on their lower end. I felt that the low end crunch seemed a little dry. It is kinda brutal in it's way...just not my thing. Leads and clean sound pretty good if anything a little thin. Overall, these pups are better than even some other more reputable companies stock/low end pups. I plan to change them eventually anyway. However, the out of the box sound is still great. Head and shoulders above any other guitar in the price range.I like the playability of this guitar. I've heard horror stories of it being uncomfortable to sit on your lap, and awkward to hold for after a while when standing. My experience has been to the contrary. The action needed some slight adjusting, but now plays nice and close to the neck without buzzing. Standing or sitting is comfortable. Maybe it's just my lap...but the pointy edges angle away from my leg and don't dig in at all. The neck is fast and slick. It's not as slim and fast as say an Ibanez...but still better than many other guitars that I've played...and I sorta like the feel of a little something solid there. The only weak links here are the bridge and pickups. The bridge is very functional, but I prefer the style that sits lower with the holes in the body directly below it. The pickups need an upgrade for perfect sound, but you could do a lot worse at this price point. I can't speak to manufacturer support because I haven't delt with it.I highly recommend this if you want a great sounding guitar for a good price with awesome looks.

"BC Rich NT Warlock - Onyx with White Binding" submitted September 14, 2012

By Lumena Atherton
Musical Background: Profession - 20years
Music Style: Various - instrumental guitar
Overall: Really impressive and surprising. Beautiful to look at.This model is pretty much all the features of the Pro X model- except the pickups. It has the ebony fingerboard and thru neck - only shortcomings were the pickups and the action. It needed to be set up at shop to correct neck ($25) and I replaced the pickups with Sheptone custom wound. When you buy an electric guitar what you are really buying is the fingerboard and the body. The ebony and mahogany combo is pretty much the wood of all old gibson electric customs - SG - Les Paul etc. All the sound you want is there just waiting for the right pickup combo. For me getting a custom wound PAF sounding pickup helps to bring out the sounds of the wood and to be able to get the sound of all the great guitar recordings. This guitar had all the right features and the price was incredible...even adding the new pickups and setting it up properly added to the cost I am still way below $600 to end up with a great custom shop quality model. No complaints at all.Good place to start to make a perfect guitar.

"BC Rich NT Warlock" submitted July 15, 2012

By Shannon K in Beckley, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Garage Band, Pro Luthier, Play Drums and Guitar, been in music since Jr. High, now 45
Music Style: Metal, Southern Rock, Rock, Outlaw Country, Classical
Sound: The Duncan Designed pups did not impress me at all, and the controls just do not seem to work the way they should. I would have sent it back due to this, but I bought it to customize and take all this junk off of it anyway. Shame on B.C. Rich for changing to DD's from Rockfields Feature: Pro's: Neck-Thru construction, solid body, Grover tuners, Ebony fretboard (the new Ebony, it's not black but a very dark almost Rosewood looking) The black Ebony is almost a thing of the past due to the availability of it. Con's: Cheap pups, cheap bridge, poor wiring, and who need a coil tap on a Warlock? Ease of Use: An effects pedal and a High Gain amp might produce decent sounds. With a good set-up the playability is good Quality: Body and neck are made very well, good Tuners. Replace all the cheap stuff (nut, pup's and bridge) and this will make a great guitar This IS an entry level guitar with a solid base to start with for improvement. Value: For $350 is fine, but the $599 that you see these go for in other place is an absolute no-go Manufacturer Support: Support????? HAHAHA...... I've emailed them twice w/ no reply. They must not know what the controls diagram is supposed to be and don't have the wiring diagram so that I can check to see if something was done wrong and causes the thing to sound like crap The Wow Factor: great looking guitar, love the headstock..!! Spend about $300 more for quality parts and the WOW factor will skyrocket Overall: Bought this brand new from zzounds, it was two years old when I received it. It was very dirty, and no set-up had ever been performed. And there were a couple of scuffs from the packaging. After two days of cleaning, polishing frets, setting it up, and hand rubbing the scuffs out. It now looks like a brand new guitar.

"A steal" submitted September 30, 2013

By Joe pp in arvada, CO
Musical Background: semi_pro
Music Style: All possible
Overall: I got a scratch n dent item and for the money I got a great guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 15F6-C7M2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976