When you call, mention priority code 1755-YRMW

Rating and Reviews: Masterpiece Mockingbird

Turn some heads with this guitar! The uniquely shaped agathis body boasts an AAA quilted maple arched top. Two humbuckers deliver tones from creamy to dirty.

"Great Value" submitted January 24, 2013

By James Scherer in Jim Thorpe, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing over 30 years. I play over 100 shows every year a real professional
Music Style: Blues, R&B,Soul Classic Rock
Overall: First I would like to thank Zounds for quick service I live in Pa. the guitar shipped from NJ and was to me the next morning, also the 4 payments makes it affordable to us working musicians, this is the second guitar I purchased from Zounds in the last 6 months. Now for the review,I received the guitar and the action was a little high after a day of letting the guitar settle in I adjusted the neck, the truss rod was very loose, if you ever set up a guitar you always start by adjusting the neck before anything else, then maybe adjust the bridge if need be. After tightening the truss rod the action came down that the guitar plays like butter, there is the obligatory fret buzz when playing the guitar unplugged but when plugged in it's not even noticeable. The neck now has nice relief, the fretboard is nice,the fret wires however could have been finished off a bit better.The body is finished nice,the arch top is beautiful,the controls,2 volume,1 tone and a three way toggle are easy to get at and use.The flame maple top is nice and the finnish is flawless, the only finnish error is on the headstock the red on one side bleeds through the white binding a bit but hardly noticeable. The pickups are better than expected, I personally see no reason to have to change them out. The neck pickup is a warm,creamy clean, that I love a lot. The bridge pickup is the hot treble lead pickup. Let me tell you this guitar does everything tone wise that my Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus does. Finally the tuners are obviously cheaper but they do the job, the keep the guitar in tune. In summary this is the first guitar since 1987 that I will be playing out over 100 times a year that does not say Fender or Gibson on it. It really is that good. I last purchased a Fender Start with a humbucker and this guitar way outdoes that one. The Dragons Blood color is awesome.

"Real nice guitar" submitted August 6, 2013

By Len M in Smithville, MO
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 40 years. I teach guitar and jam with friends. My days on the stage are in my past.
Music Style: Rock, Blues.
Overall: I'm a Gibson man but I thought I'd give this a shot because it looked so cool. I'm not disappointed. Beautiful guitar with a good sound. Doesn't play like my Les Paul but it cost a quarter of what I gave for my Paul. I'll be playing this for quite awhile.

"A nice surprise" submitted December 11, 2013

By Travis P in Bountiful, UT
Musical Background: 30+ years
Music Style: Rock & blues
Overall: I bought this for my daughter as her first guitar. Frankly, the only reasons I chose it were the price & the fact that her favorite player has a signature Mockingbird. She loves it. Even sleeps with it in her bed. But she's a child & just started learning to play, so what does she know?I, on the other hand, am a nitpicky old fart who loves American-made Fenders. In shopping around, I was thoroughly unimpressed by the Epiphones & Squiers in the same price range. So I expected an okay guitar with a flawed finish & fret wire I'd have to attack with a file to keep it from shredding my daughter's fingers. What I got was a guitar that is solidly built, well set up & beautifully finished. The neck is comfortable & fast. And the pickups are capable of any tone you would expect from a HH setup. It is a great guitar for the Zzounds price, and would still be a good deal at full retail.Two nitpicky complaints: the location of the strap button & body shape cause the neck to drop if you take your hand off it. Also, the cutaway is so narrow that it severely hampers your dexterity when playing above the 18th or 19th fret. Even with my little hands I have to slide across the last few frets to reach the 24th, and once I get there, my hand is basically wedged in place & immovable except to slide back down to a playable part of the neck.

"Quality beyond the price!" submitted November 18, 2012

By Patrick Smith in Milwaukee, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years experience as a singer sonwriter and recording artist, Drummer ,Bassist and Guitarar
Music Style: I play all original music in the Blues, Rock styles
Overall: These guitars have such a great sound, right out of the box!. the pickups sound great and the tone is amazing in all three pickup positions. for this price ...you will Never find a better sounding guitar ! I play through a Crate Flexwave 120 amp and a Digitech Rp 255 and play Blues/Rock.

"KILLER Guitar!!!!" submitted January 27, 2014

By Jamie Garrett
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 25 years now..
Music Style: ALL!! I like to play anything!!
Overall: I got my Sunburst Mockingbird Masterpiece and it is Absolutley Beautiful!!! Looks, Plays, Sounds, and Feels AWESOME.. It is what I expected from B.C.Rich.. A KILLER GUITAR!!!

"beautiful gutar" submitted November 4, 2012

By scott m in spring city , PA
Musical Background: been playing for 25 years, i do regular gigs
Music Style: Metal rock and classic rock
Overall: I bought this as a back up for gigs. I changed out the pickups to a set of emg pickup but other than than it is a reliable axe and very beautifully made. I am giving this tony son who has been playing for a few years now I have been playing for close to 25 years and have no complaints.

"B.C. Rich, u have blown my mind wayyyyyy open!!!" submitted June 27, 2012

By Adam Ramirez Jr. in Waco, TX
Musical Background: 4 years just playing, bout to tour soon
Music Style: Mainly metal, punk, and pop, but I diversify time from time
Sound: Can rangw from blues, like B.B. King, to somw pretty intense metal, ive gotten aome mwahuggah type sounds out of it. Its juat amazingly versatile. Feature: Its just amazing, period. u can like it or dont, everyone is entitled to their own opinions Ease of Use: Just the 24 fret thing. Got used to it after an hour. Lol! But a its super easy to play Quality: Looka fine to me. Guitars a guitar, no matter the scratches or shine, its always goin to be a beauty Value: Definately dood!! Manufacturer Support: Not yet they seem genuine tho. :) The Wow Factor: Its just, les paulish to me, and I love LP sounds. Its just a beating classic to me, and the mockingbird is that beating modern twist on the classic Overall: I had recently sold my les paul to help out with an upcoming event in my life (gf's prom) And I wanted to get a new ome, well I looked imto schecter and my friends all play them or just own them so I askes to borrow one to play with. I wasnt too impressed, until my friend brought in this guitar... Holybajonkaz it was epic!!! I got on zzounds and placed my order immediately! 24 frets, 2 Hb Pups, c neck, its so comfy!! It feels just like my Lp... :'(. But now starts a new era for me and this guitar. B.C. Rich have got me sold in guitars. My next victim a Bich model.

"B.C. Rich Mockingbird Purchase" submitted July 7, 2014

By Tom H in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: Advanced amatuer
Music Style: Anything. This guitar seems to be able to do it all.
Overall: The Mockingbird was everything ZZOUNDS said it was.A very reasonable price.

"Good First Guitar" submitted March 2, 2014

By Shelby Poolson in Greenville, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 2 years. Jam at home and with friends.
Music Style: Rock, and blues.
Overall: This is a beautiful looking and playing guitar but the pickups can be a bit muddy.

"almost a masterpiece" submitted April 15, 2013

By John Davison in Portland, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 13 years and was in a band for about 8.
Music Style: rock/metal
Overall: Great guitar for the price and nice sound. My only problem with this guitar which I think is just B.C. Rich all together, is that since they put the top strap knob on the back of the body instead of the fin the headstock tends to want to lean towards the ground which is not a huge deal just really annoying. Ive played about 4 types of bc rich guitars and they have all done this......buy a better guitar.

"Much more than I expected from a cheap instrument" submitted January 11, 2012

Musical Background: 25 years of guitar
Music Style: Alternative, progressive, metal
Sound: Neck pickup - sweet, jazzist, quiet, very good one! Bridge pickup - hot, louder, quiet even strong, good for rock, metal, etc. Feature: Two volumes, one master tone, 3 way switch. They could make one master volume also, that's enought. Ease of Use: Very good action, in the store, better than some original Gibsons. Not need adjustment. 24 frets in 24-5/8" scale makes the neck pickup very close to bridge pickup, if you are used to play instruments like Gibson or 25-5" scale, you will hit the neck pickup with your pick (not a big deal, you can handle that! :-)) Quality: For the price, nice finish. Mine had two problems: 1. I needed to release the neck to adjust it's right position (string was in "diagonal"), very simple and ok, perfect after adjustment. 2. Eletric wiring... very, very poor. I needed to change all. But, after all, a good instrument, strong, quiet, responsive. Value: Very good guitar, you can use it for all pourposes, recording, jamming, performing, etc. Manufacturer Support: I bought in USA, but I'm living in Brazil, so I did all for myself, I don't know about company support. The Wow Factor: Guitar is like a "friends", or best, "lovers". In my experience this one is a faithful one. Overall: I always trying a new instruments, so this one is not the "last one", but it doesn't need to be replaced, is one more. If it were lost or stolen problaby I will buy a new one.

"Looks can be deceiving." submitted March 25, 2012

By Paco B in Singer, LA
Overall
Musical Background: singing at jam-parties 20 yrs, drumming 15 yrs, and playing guitar for 7 years.
Music Style: Reggae, rock, blues, funk, metal, country, classical, and small amounts of jazz. I can play rhythm or lead, and I enjoy bits of
Overall: This guitar is a great show-piece, but little more. The bolt-on neck saps the tone and sustain, and the cheap humbuckers don't deliver a good quality sound. The hardware is not very impressive. A neck-thru mockingbird with good pickups and hardware, which runs around $625 shipped, and with a case (that's what I paid for my ST in dragon's blood), is a beautiful monster. It is a truly amazing guitar. This mockingbird, however, is a cheap, misleading version of something respectable, and should not be called by the same name, or allowed to look so similar. These low quality, mass-produced guitars with sexy looks are what give B.C. Rich a bad name. Their mid and high-end guitars are something special, but this is a joke. Don't be fooled by the glossy finish; this guitar may look and play great by design, but it will never equal a well-built version. Save your money for a real guitar or go buy a Squier, because this one will not deliver the sound that the bold looks hint at. I suppose it would be a fine beginner's guitar, but a seasoned musician looking for a quality axe that will stand the test of time and sound great should look elsewhere.

When you call, mention priority code 1755-YRMW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976