When you call, mention priority code 173D-BTSN

Rating and Reviews: BC Rich Gunslinger Retro

Return to the glory days of heavy metal with this guitar from BC Rich Gunslinger Retro. Designed with a maple neck, Grover tuners, and a Floyd Rose tremolo bar.

"Gunslinger Retro.....Back to the 80s and loving it!" submitted May 3, 2013

By John Copassaki in Tallahassee, FL
Musical Background: Jam at home, played for about 5 years
Music Style: 80's hair bands and glam metal, rock, country
Overall: I recently purchased a BC Rich Gunslinger Retro from ZZounds.com and I have to tell you I was very surpised. The guitar arrived within four working days and the only problem was the high E string was broken when I took it out of the box. After changing the strings out (I prefer .10 gauge strings as opposed to the .09 gauge it comes with) and setting up the Floyd Rose Special Series Tremolo, I plugged the guitar in and was amazed at how awesome this instrument really is. Besides the neon green color and reverse headstock, I immediately got the sound I was looking for. I plan on changing out the pickup to a more powerful output, but the guitar still had a screaming 80's metal sound that can't be ignored. I will most certainly have an incredible time playing this guitar and I may even buy another for a back up. The Floyd Rose keeps it in tune even after bending the whammy bar time and time again. God Bless BC Rich, I love this guitar!

"Great for the price!!" submitted March 5, 2014

By Byron Nix in New Haven , IN
Musical Background: Im a lead guitarist for local band, and I jam at home
Music Style: Rock, metal
Overall: I wanted something sort of 80's style, and also something to help me get a van halen tone, and my own tone. And this thing does, with a basswood body and and smooth maple neck. A lot of people say the floyd rose special sucks compared to the original, and the only difference is the block and the saddle is a different metal. The pickup sucks, so when you buy order a good pickup with it, I put a dimarzio super distortion and this thing kills any tone i want!. It was solid right out of the box! the only thing i had to do was get the floyd parallel with the body. Get a pickup, and a brass block for your floyd and you just turned this guitar into a steal with the price. Now my guitar is worth like 700$ and you can't beat that for buying it for 300$ I'm not sure why the green model is 50$ more but he whatever lol. Hopefully you guys enjoy it as much as I do!

"Awesome guitar" submitted October 10, 2013

By Rob Russ in Nevada City, CA
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 24 years
Music Style: I play everything from country to death metal. If its good music, that's all that matters.
Overall: Thi is the single pickup 80's rocker that I have always wanted! The oiled, unfinished neck is probably one of the nicest necks I have ever played. I don't understand why more manufacturers don't use this method. The metallic orange color is absolutely amazing in person! When I got the guitar all I had to do was drop the action a couple of turns, and tune her up and she was ready to rock. I will eventually replace the stock him bucket with an actual seymour duncan, just because the stock pup is nothing special. Not bad, just average. All in all, I can't put her down. I haven't had this much fun with a single guitar in a long time. It makes me feel like Tracii Guns, or C.C. Deville! Thanks to B.C.Rich for re-releasing this guitar.

"Simple but powerful" submitted June 29, 2014

By Erick L in Tucson, AZ
Musical Background: Been jamin since '86
Music Style: All rock baby
Overall: Screw all the complex stuff on guitars these days, this bad boy has it all. I have played lots of guitars and this is one of the unknown treasures that simply cant be beat.

"Good Guitar for the Money" submitted July 5, 2014

By Darrell K in Belle Fourche, SD
Musical Background: 20+ years playing guitar
Music Style: Hard Rock aka Van Halen, Ratt etc
Overall: I bought the BC Rich Gunslinger guitar for use as a backup and for drop-tuning songs. The quality if above average and the Duncan Designed pickup is designed after the Duncan Distortion and has excellent sound. The neck is fast and the Floyd Rose Special performs well. Thinking strongly of picking-up an 2nd one.

"Comfort and looks for under 300.00 take a look and buy it!" submitted October 3, 2011

Music Style: Rock,Metal,blues
Sound: The sound is ok,a little weak sounding but for the price you can beat it Feature: The action,and feel of this guitar is spot on,feels very good coming from a Ibanez man this is a compliment very comfortable and light Ease of Use: Its a guitar either you can play or you cant Quality: This guitar could easy sell for 699.99 and still would be a bargin Value: Gret deal Manufacturer Support: Have not used yet,dont think i ever will..............plug it in and sound comes from your amp pretty simple The Wow Factor: Great deal great guitar Overall: No this ones a keeper,and at this price planing on buying another one to set up with lower tuning and heavier strings,im using stock strings with a Eb tuning,may try 11 gauge with a c# tuning on the next one

"This One's a Keeper!" submitted February 10, 2013

By Edward Bartlebaugh in Glen Burnie, MD
Musical Background: 20+ yrs
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Jazz, Blues...
Overall: Ok I've had the guitar ( NEON GREEN ) for about 2 months now, I got it for Christmas along with another Guitar, and truth be told this one is the AX I can't put down... Well worth the asking price, good for all levels of guitar playing.. The Sustain is not a good as I would like, but is great for Metal runs, it has a fast neck that is oiled not finished so the oil from your skin can get in the wood ( it's better then any man made product for it anyway ) The pick up could be a little bit brighter, no issues with the Floyd Rose. I will be picking up at least 2 more of these guitars this year for sure, I truly love this guitar, and I'm a Les Paul guy...

"no bs ax" submitted June 28, 2013

By shawn McNasty in lewistown , MT
Musical Background: ten years
Music Style: punk hardcore thrash
Overall: Its neon green has one pick up one knob it was cheap nuff said.If you dig the green and play one pick up you will dig this ax im going to pop a new pick up and a evh d tuna in it but thats just how i do i got it cause i like the the no frills guitars i dont need a high dollar over complicated git fiddle i play fast hard loud and dirty.Its a bolt on cheap o that has a Floyd rose beat on it wammy your ars off and she spring back.I love this thing.I have a pile of guitars but this simple hot green BC rich makes me grin every time i look at it its just fun to play if you want to classical or jazz dont buy this its a flippin punk or metal guitar.If you want an guitar that is well made and simple get this,Any thing with moving parts and screws will have problems i promise if you spend a hundred bucks or a thousand you will at some point have to fix it welcome to reality.By this ax if you want to get your nasty on dont buy it if it scares you.

"BC Rich Gunslinger Retro" submitted April 6, 2014

By Zach C in Willow Grove, PA
Musical Background: I've been guitar playing for 18 years
Music Style: metal, fusion, experimental
Overall: I was disappointed in the quality of build...specifically the routing for the recessed Floyd Rose was flawed. I couldn't lower the bridge without it digging into the wood. I wish they would have stuck with the original gunslinger non-recessed tremolo design on these. Maybe I just got a "lemon" ..but it would have been an awesome guitar if they had a higher standard with quality control at the factory.

"BC Rich Gunslinger Retro" submitted February 2, 2012

By David Z in Berlin, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 20+ years.
Music Style: Rock and Metal.
Overall: Just received it. I had tried one about a year ago and thought that particular guitar didn't cut through too well. That guitar had the Rockfield pickup. This one has the Duncan Designed and sounds just fine, but I do think I will put a JB in it this weekend. The guitar plays and fells good. The frets are dressed nice, no sharp edges. The Floyd seems fine. I have been searching for a 80 type guitar for quite a while and decided upon this. Compared it to the new Charvel. I had a hard time buying a guitar that if I need to adjust the truss rod, that I'd have to remove the neck. I also am accustomed to 22 fret necks (generally a Les Paul player). So for 259.99 with a 70.00 JB, I think I will be rather pleased. Thanks ZZounds.

"If you plan on purchasing this guitar I hope yours is better than the one I got. These are great looking and great playing guita" submitted October 13, 2011

Music Style: Rock / Metal
Sound: Ok folks this is not the import Gunslinger Retro from a couple years ago. This guitar is Basswood not Alder nor does this guitar have the Super Distortion or Rockfield Mafia pickup. The maple neck has a glued on headstock and the wood does not match the maple neck. I received mine today and it was damaged. Something smashed the volume pot and the finish was cracked down to the wood. Also the tuners were not installed straight and made it difficult to tune the guitar. The Floyd Rose Special spring block rubs against the spring cavity plate and makes squeeking and popping noises, the tuners are worthless. After asessing the damage and a re tune I plugged the guitar in and was shocked on how well this guitar played. Out of the box it would need minor adjustments to be near perfect for my playing style. As for sounds it was nice and open. Pinch harmonics for days. The Duncan designed pickup could use a little more output but for this price I can see why BC Rich had to cut cost to keep the guitar at this price point. If your looking to buy one of these guitars plan on spending some cash on new tuners and a better pickup. Or get an LTD guitar for a couple bucks more and the quality is far better. Feature: This is a no frills simple plug and play 80's rock machine. As for materials this guitar should have better tuners. The stock ones are junk! The neck could have been designed better instead of gluing a headstock to the neck. I am sure the headstock will snap if the guitar falls over. How much more would it have cost BC Rich to keep the Mafia pickup in this guitar! Ease of Use: As I said in my first paragraph this guitar played great out of the box. The bridge has some fit issues but since the guitar came damaged I am sending it back. BTW there was no manual or warranty card with the guitar. Quality: Quality control? What Quality control? The tuners were not installed correctly and makes it almost impossible to tune. The bridge was noisy as an old barn door during a windstorm. Value: The guitar is worth the price but then again I would have paid more if this guitar was on par with the Korean Gunslinger retros. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with BC Rich before. The Wow Factor: The guitar is sexy looking. Makes me wanna rock out to some Poison tunes! Reason why I bought the guitar in the first place. LoL Overall: The guitar is going back and ZZounds has a back order on the neon green ones. I think I am going to pull the trigger for the George Lynch GL200K

"b.c. rich gunslinger w/Floyd rose tremolo (80's retro white)" submitted April 6, 2014

By oscar bautista in salinas, CA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing music/instruments since ive been a little kid.
Music Style: I play anything from reggae to ska to punk and metal. ( I love rock n' roll )
Overall: I LOVE b.c. rich guitars.

"orange retro gunslinger" submitted November 24, 2013

By Frankie handy in new haven county, CT
Musical Background: playing over 30 years
Music Style: Metal 80s hair progressive fusion...yngwie lynch vai satch mustaine. ..
Overall: Got my bc rich orange retro gunslinger from zzounds in one day!! Outside box 10 guitar box they picked banged the hell up!!!opened the box Floyd locking nut unlocked..when you tighten down the 3 locking clamps then use the Floyd pulling up.or pushing down you hear ping pop over.and over..checked the neck no problem quick fix to the flimsy nut..electric tape 3 layers on the under side cut with a scissors then lock the 3 clamps down and you save money replacing the cheap nut!! Next the neck and overboard 10!!!! Perfect feel.action zero sharp edges intonation perfect all 22 frets plays like a usa made guitar!! Finish 9 the paint is perfect but you can see on the back a little over spray that was sanded but The good news clear coat is perfect so happy as can be and zero scratches including lint scratches!! Floydrose special trem import is very good a 8 compared to the original or schaller or ping ie kramer.pickup is excellent with a good tube amp. I use a heavy 5150 original evh combo and a carvin v3 212!!! I have an emg 81 all wired and ready to go so i have a perfect beater and performer.as i baby my Jackson pc1 Gibson original lemon les Paul and my other treasures!! Overall i would buy and may buy the lemon yellow one also :) just know the locking nut is cheap junk and if my repair method is used its a sound investment..its a keeper!!!

"orange retro gunslinger" submitted November 24, 2013

By Frankie handy in new haven county, CT
Musical Background: playing over 30 years

"I would not buy made in china on the internet again. If you must...try it in person for a serious inspection." submitted November 17, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: 30
Sound: the duncan design sounded fine thru a modeler unit. Only studio use. Feature: No nonsense features. Ease of Use: ONe volume knob...that's it. Setup was a tad too high. Easy adjustment. Quality: This is my 3rd guitar. This has horrible quality control. The first guitar had this extra chunky baseball bat of a neck....larger than my SG and Strat , plus it looked repaired. bad touchup's....The 2nd guitar had a much smaller neck,,,felt a lot better, but upon closer inspection, one of the neckplate screws actually fell out and was broken with the threaded piece left in the neck. The 3rd guitar had dead spots all over. It was returned and asked for an exchange....the did not approve an exchange , so I went to AMS and got a gibson les paul studio. No more worries! Manufacturer Support: NO support needed. The Wow Factor: What appealed my to this product are the retro colors....that's the only good thing, unfortunately. Overall: this guitar was returned 3 times, I gave this company every chance....I replaced it with a gibson les paul studio made in the USA from AMS...sorry ZZ,,,you did not approve me so my business goes elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if your affiliated with them . One of the shipments looked to come from the AMS warehouse?

When you call, mention priority code 173D-BTSN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976