When you call, mention priority code 16HQ-KTFL

Rating and Reviews: BBE Acoustimax Preamp

Designed to produce a more natural amplified sound, the Acoustimax comes loaded with features including 3-band EQ, dedicated tuner out, and TRS effects loop.

"Awesome!" submitted February 15, 2013

By Justin S in Bloomington, MN
Overall
Overall: I have had this unit for a month and let me just say, without even adjusting much of anything, as soon as I plugged it in, my electric acoustic was louder and clearer then ever before. Again, I haven't even delved much into it, just set everything at mid, turned gain and volum to mid and presto! This thing is built like a tank too. I don't feel like I could break it dropping it off a two story building. So far so good. I love this device!

"Get it, you'll like it !" submitted July 14, 2010

Overall
Sound: At first I was disappointed and ready to either return the unit or replace my speakers. However, after learning more about properly setting the controls, I was thrilled with the sound. It's very important to know the correct settings for all devices in the chain, not just the Acoustimax. I called the various manufacturers of my equipment to get their input. First of all, make sure that your mixer is correctly set. I'm using a Mackie 808M powered mixer and for me it's best to turn the main volume up to about 3/4 of the max ( more if needed ). After that, I gradually set the channel volume to the desired level. Of course, set your trim as to not clip. I use the same process on the Acoustimax. Turn the volume to max and subtly adjust the gain to the desired level. Then set the eq and other controls to where you like it. Seemingly insignificant changes can make a big difference. So don't take it for granted that your settings are right just because you've always done it that way or because someone at the grocery store told you how to do it. Feature: Since it runs on AC, you can't use battery power. One complaint is the power supply. It might be ok, but it appears to be somewhat fragile. Time will tell. Ease of Use: Straight forward and simple conrtols that are clearly identified. Quality: By looks and feel, it appears to be well built. I haven't had it long enough to know how it will hold up over time. Value: I think its a decent value compared to other devices in the same category. After all, you are getting three items in one. You have an acoustic pre-amp, a DI box, and a sonic maximizer all wrapped up in one. Manufacturer Support: I contacted the company for technical advice and they were easy to reach and very helpful. The Wow Factor: I love the appearance, feel, and design. It looks like a piece of professional equipment that is built to last. Overall: I think the Acoustimax is a perfect fit for my needs. I play acoustic lead guitar in a gospel bluegrass band. The Acoustimax adds body to the sound and gives it a fullness that it didn't have before. I tried various things throughout the years but never truly got the sound I wanted. This is just the item that I was looking for.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"PEOPLE WILL START ASKING HOW MUCH THAT GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR COST." submitted May 21, 2010

By a customer from sprintmail.com
Music Style: Alternative/Rock
Sound: It really helps fill out the sound of your acoustic. The EQ controls get you really in the ballpark, and then the Sonic Max. puts it over the top. Really great for adding depth, fullness to your sound. I do not want to say it adds bass but it gets you that deep richness to your sound. Feature: I only really wish it had one more thing. It needs a low impedence input. My Taylor with ES system sounded really bad through it. My other acoustic guitars with Fishman electronics sounded fantastic, along with my solid body electrics. I managed to fix the issue with a Radio Shack TRS transformer/adapter to 1/4" TS Jack for 20 bucks. Now the Taylor sounds fantastic through it. Ease of Use: Manual shows the controls but really does nothing to help you in understanding what they do. A review of the pedal that went into great detail about what each control really did helped me more than the manual. Quality: Its built like a tank. You will not hurt this puppy. Value: With the advent and introduction of some of the newer acoustic amps, I would consider the cost against a good amp with controls that claim to do the same. If you play through mostly PA systems.... Get this, no ifs, an's, or but's. Manufacturer Support: I have heard its not too great, takes a while for emails to get answered. I have sent one a day ago and still have not received an answer. I asked about what they recommended for the Taylor ES system even though I have found a solution already. The Wow Factor: It makes your guitar sound better. End of story Overall: I am always seeking bigger and better,.... sorry, that will never end. At the moment, this is the cats meow.

When you call, mention priority code 16HQ-KTFL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976