When you call, mention priority code 15ZS-C303

Rating and Reviews: BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer

Clean up murky sound with this BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer. This stereo unit has unbalanced 1/4" and RCA I/O, 5-segment LED metering, and hardware bypass.

"High quality, low cost...easy to use." submitted May 13, 2003

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: Pop Rock/Pop Punk...Power Pop
Sound: This is a cool piece of gear. I've only had it for 1 day now, but I can already see its potential. The knobs themselves are very easy to use and their effect on the actual sound is very obvious. The only thing you will have to do is dial in a sound you like and play with the knobs a bit. The only place that you might really have to work to get a nice sound is with the effects loop of your amp(if you are using it with an amp). I am running my maximizer in the effects loop of my mesa/boogie dual rectifier and the sound changes drastically depending on the amount of the processes signal i put into the mix. Other than that, getting this thing to improve your sound should be no problem at all. Feature: It's all pretty simple...there are two seperate channels, 2 knobs per channel and a button in the middle to switch the processing on and off(so you can hear the difference between processed and un-processed). Nothing else came with the maximizer except the manual and these little sticky things to put on the bottom of the unit, which I suppose you could use if you don't plan on putting it in a rack. The box itself seems very sturdy and probably would handle well on the road, especially after it gets in a nice sturdy rack. Quality: Everything on the maximizer is in perfect condition and of high quality. Seems to be very sturdy and also manages to look very cool. It's probably not as tough as a stomp box, but this thing wasn't meant to be kicked at. Put it in a quality rack and leave it there, it should last forever. Value: I ended up paying 155.99 at a guitar center and I must say, it was well worth it. At 199.99 it's slightly expensive and on top of that, I would go the extra mile and buy some high quality 1/4" instrument cable to connect it, but all in all it's worth the money. The Wow Factor: This product is a very good looking product, very sleek and compact. I wouldn't say it's something that everyone would want because it is something I picked up just to see if I could enhance my live sound. It is not a necessary piece of equipment, but from what people have told me so far, it definately livens up my guitar rig and gets rid of the muddiness that I used to have. So if you have any problems such as muddiness or any other issues with clarity, this product is something you should really look into. Overall: Since I just got this thing I'm not looking for a replacement and I'm still learning how to use it. I think the only thing I would ever want to replace it for is probably a newer version sonic maximizer. From what I can tell, BBE is hard at work creating better versions of this technology, so if they make anymore breakthroughs, I might want to check it out. I can't really compare the 482i to anything else because its the only thing like it on the market. I have yet to find another product that does exactly what this one does, or even, another product that claims to be able to do it. If this thing were stolen, I'd flip out because I just bought it and spent a lot of money on it. I think I would replace it eventually, but I don't think I'd rush right out and buy another because you can do without it. This product, although it is great...it is an "extra" and not essential to a guitar rig.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The new staple in my guitar setup" submitted February 25, 2008

By a customer from verizonmail.com
Overall
Musical Background: active musician, amateur producer
Music Style: rock, alt, metal
Sound: This unit does exactly what it says it does, makes the sound fuller, punchier and have that "pro" sound I've been looking for in our guitars. The reviews I read about it are true, this unit is like "taking a blanket off your speakers." Ease of Use: Two knobs per channel, one handling the bass frequencies and one for the treble. So easy to use, a child could work it. However, dont let its simplicity trick you into thinking its not effective. Its just a perfect marriage of slick user interface and great performance. Quality: The unit is sleek, and only takes up one space in your rack. Havent had it for long enough to say it holds up under duress... but cant imagine it getting damaged sitting in a rack. Value: This unit is a great value for the money. When considering $2000 pre-amps and amp heads, this thing is fantastic bang for the buck under $200. And well worth it too. Overall: This will become a new fixture in our guitar setup, and will probably try it on other parts in recording down the road. Amazing unit, would highly recommend to anyone.

"If your sound is good, this will make it excellent." submitted November 25, 2006

By a customer from navnet.net
Musical Background: 25 years of rock drumming
Music Style: Rock, pop, hard driving. Semi Jazz, horns, semi fusion.
Sound: Great and then some. I hooked the BBE up to 2 x Sound Tech 15" powered mid cabnets and ran an MP-3 player and my Yamaha Xtreme drum kit through it. Never happy with my snare sound, but dialed it in with the BBE and have the snare I always wanted. What it did for the entire mix was amazing. Excellent technology. Anyone using electronic drums must have one of these. Feature: A no brainer, 2 knobs, no fuss and games in setting it up. Ease of Use: Easy to use, if one is not technically inclined, it's even easyer. Quality: Solid, well built. Value: One could spend a lot of maney trying to enhance the quality of sound. This thing does it cheap. Manufacturer Support: The support so far has been great. All my questions about the unit was replied to quickly from tech. support. not that i had any issues, but tested the waters to see if they jumped when I turned the rope, and they did. The Wow Factor: Put it in a SKB rack and be cooler than what you were before. Actually, I care less about the looks. It's how it works, what it does that makes it the coolest sound enhancement device on the planet for the buck. Nonthe less, it matches the colour of my Xtreme module. Overall: If it were stolen, I'd buy two more. I am buying a second anyways as i have two drum rigs, one for the road, and one for studio.

"Wow! What a difference !" submitted May 19, 2009

Musical Background: Church Sound Technician
Music Style: Gospel
Sound: This unit adds so much clarity and crispness to the sound. It takes out the often muddied and muffled music through our PA speakers and just tends to "wake up" the sound and make it much brighter. You can really tell a difference with the unit turned on. Feature: All necessary features that I need. Ease of Use: Very easy to set up and use. Just start with each dial in the center position and gradually increase or decrease the dials to get the sound you desire. So easy even a caveman could use it. Quality: The quality and look are great. Value: Well worth the money. Probably the best one piece of equipment that we added to our sound system. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any problems so I have not dealt with the company. The Wow Factor: After using this product I would never want to be without it. Overall: Outstanding product. i don't know how anyone could go wrong purchasing this unit.

BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer Customer Review submitted October 18, 2007

Overall
Sound: Ive used this version...and the plug-in version on my dads home studio... the thing i like about this thing is it takes the all the mud out of your mixes... hardware version is even better Feature: Good Features....two nobs....that is unbeatable Ease of Use: Two nobs are for no brainers....im extremly good at working equilizers but this thing i could have used when i was five.... this thing will never be replaced.... i sold my EQ when i got this... if you have an EQ sell it and get this or its big brother Quality: very sturdy product... not breaking or getting dented anytime soon!!!! Value: Value is awsome... this thing is cheap...but it has pro quality sound... good bang for your buck Manufacturer Support: havent had to use it yet

"This product is over rated." submitted December 14, 2006

Musical Background: 2 years as an engineer in a digital studio
Music Style: Recording
Sound: Too much delay or too much bottom. I am trying to record dry voice that sounds like real life, then add effects. But this is giving too of one sound either way. Feature: Average Ease of Use: To play on a sound system it is good, but for recording, am not feeling it. Quality: Not bad, alttle above average.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZS-C303. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976