When you call, mention priority code 14XC-64JX

Rating and Reviews: BLUE Yeti USB Mic

Perfect for podcasters, voiceovers, and home musicians, the Yeti USB mic combines BLUE-quality audio with multiple pickup patterns for recording any source.

"Everything I need" submitted July 29, 2012

By Richard N in Riviera Beach, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur Recording and Amateur Pianist.
Music Style: R&B, pop, hip-hop, most other genres.
Sound: Top notch for 110$. Its of a very high quality almost studio level. When recording instruments its very clear and precise. Works with almost any style of music or just pod casting. Each setting allows for you or a friend to record either vocal or instrument or duet or even a group. I would recommend finding a stand for it and a filter. Feature: Everything on this mic has a great use the gain allows for lowering and raising of input on the fly. The different patterns allow for various recording conditions. The mute functionality is very useful for stopping or pausing of sound more of a use on Skype when not recording. But I say the plastic buttons are a gripe like others don't know how sturdy they are yet. Ease of Use: Very easy just plug and play and good to go on windows mac may be a different story but once your going your good to go! Quality: It seems very sturdy mostly metal all except the buttons. I'd give this a long life expectancy with easy usage. Value: Every penny for what the price is. Manufacturer Support: Dunno yet The Wow Factor: 8/10 Not the most amazing mic but it does wow you with what it can do and looks to its huge! A comparison would be 3/4 of a 2 liter bottle. Overall: I'm a beginner to recording and I bought this voice primarily to do vocals and instruments and the sounds that come are crisp and clear on all settings. If your someone looking to do vocals this is your mic, if your doing a duet your mic, and instruments this is your mic. This is by far the most versatile mic at this price range and easy to use no cd, no drivers, just plug and play. The only downside i must say is the stand and no pop filter. The stand is sturdy but picks up alot of noise especially if on the same desk for editing. A filter is just a added bonus for clearer sound.

"Great mic for USB!" submitted August 4, 2012

By Emi K
Overall
Music Style: All styles; some voice acting, singing, acoustic guitar, and piano.
Overall: I was really nervous about getting the Blue Yeti (or any kind of USB mic for that matter) because everyone on the internet always talks about how USB mics are a huge no-no and that nobody should ever buy them, EVER. But, after looking through many reviews and researching all kinds of mics extensively, I decided to at least start out with a USB mic because of my budget constraints and current need for simplicity. I was very happy after opening the box and plugging it in a minute later to hear that the audio quality is in fact very decent, and in comparison to other USB mics I've used, very very good. Now, I realize this isn't a pre-amp and interface like everyone says I absolutely need, but for being a USB mic, I think this is one of the best you can get and it does its job almost as well as a pre-amped mic. It is great for my type of people (beginning musicians and actors) especially if you can't afford the whole professional setup. The only issue is how much audio the mic actually does pick up. I mean of course, it's a sensitive condenser mic, and most people who have done their research on the mic before buying it know that, but I just want to warn everyone who maybe doesn't really know about just how sensitive this microphone really is. I placed it for a silence test inside my closet buried beneath clothes and with my laptop 10 feet across the room (I love how they give you a really long USB cord for that) and it still picked up noises such as the dryer upstairs, the water heater two rooms down, the air moving around inside the closet, and my laptop fan outside my closet. This mic can sound very, very good if you find a way to make a studio-silent atmosphere. I am planning on spending a few bucks and building a box lined with eggcrate foam and insulation fiber to make something at least partially silent. Noise-removal tools remove most of everything though, and I don't have too much of an issue with this mic for its sensitivity. Another thing people should know is that this does require a pop filter, even though it's supposed to be built in. I mean, if you're just going to talk in it from a foot away, it's fine, but if you're going to get close to the mic like I do then a pop filter will come in handy. I can still make my audio peak by saying "pop party pump" into it. Also, the DAW you record in makes a huge difference. I tried recording in Audacity and then recording in Mixcraft, and the difference in quality was pretty large. If you can get Adobe Audition, that will probably sound the best. Reaper is a cheap option and a great DAW. So keep that in mind if you're serious about the quality. Other than that, it's a very good USB microphone. Oh, also, everyone notes how bad the buttons and knobs are. But they're really not that bad. I mean, they're a tad flimsy, but they still look nice and glide smoothly. So don't let that deter you from buying this...

"The easiest and most affordable way to get pro quality sound." submitted April 30, 2012

By Eric Cohen in Jacksonville, FL
Overall
Musical Background: No instruments, just my midi and software. I do vocals and voice over editing for home videos.
Music Style: Hip hop.
Overall: If you are just starting off recording audio,this is the perfect mic for many reasons. First being the low price, in my extensive research there isnt a products that delivers on sound quality, options, features, and ease of use for anything close to the yeti's low price tag. This mic is literally plug and use anyone can get studio sound with no experience. It has 4 settings to maximize your recording, each one is specific to podcasts, interviews, recording round table discussions, voiceovers or vocal/instrument recording.The main reason i think it is perfect for beginners is along with the versatility it functions as it's own preamp, and interface with the ability to plug in your basic 1/8 inch input headphones, and get zero latency monitoring. I promise you will not find a cheaper, better quality, or more versatile mic than this.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GREAT BUY ON A USB MICROPHONE." submitted April 19, 2011

Overall
Sound: The sound I get from the Blue Yeti microphone is clear and crisp.For a USB microphone this is better than I expected.I use it for voiceover work and it seems to match up well with more expensive mics. Feature: It came with the correct USB cable and has many adjustments to help you get the sound you want. Ease of Use: Very easy to hook up and adjust. Quality: Very solid.I expect it to last a long time.I would like the base a liitle heavier to keep it from flipping. Value: I looked for the best deal on the internet and this was it. Manufacturer Support: I have not. The Wow Factor: I like the look of it.My only suggestion would be to make it easier to hook a pop filter to it . Overall: Very happy with this purchase.

"Quality product at $40 less than other vendors or companies offering the item for sale." submitted October 18, 2011

Musical Background: none
Music Style: does not apply for me
Feature: a pop filter or suggestion to buy one that boosts the microphone performance would have been helpful. Ease of Use: The microphone works extremely well with Dragon 11.5. Quality: Plastic knobs may not be as dependable as metal ones. Value: Out performs many much more expensive. Manufacturer Support: The company does what it promises.

When you call, mention priority code 14XC-64JX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976