When you call, mention priority code 15TJ-98J1

Rating and Reviews: BLUE Bluebird Mic

The Bluebird sings as a vocal mic -- and it makes an excllent multi-purpose large-diaphragm condenser microphone, with all the quality you expect from BLUE.

"Bluebird = Win" submitted February 3, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Metal, Hardcore, Rock, Death Metal
Sound: This has got to be the best microphone in this price range. The highs are nice and clear and the lows and mids are smooth and crisp. Its the perfect vocal mic. Feature: Featurewise, the mic is pretty simple, no on/off, or any other switches to worry about, honestly I think that makes it better. Less variables in the equation means less potential problems. Ease of Use: It's pretty straight forward, plug it in, get it some phantom power and go. Quality: I haven't had the mic too long so time will tell as far as endurance goes, but the mic itself is very solid. All of the components feel very sturdy. The only downside I see is with the thin little neck, a drop could pose a serious problem. Value: As I said earlier this mic is the best bang for your buck. Whatever kinds of instruments or vocals you are trying to record with this mic will come across brilliantly. If your looking for a studio condenser mic that does'nt cost an arm and a leg, but sure performs like it does, than you need to get this mic. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to deal with support, I hope I don't ever have to. The Wow Factor: Awesome blue finish, sleek innovative design. what not to love? They even give you a nice little wooden padded case for the mic. Overall: I love it, if something happened to it I'd definitely get another one. I really hope I have this mic in my studio arsenal forever.

"Great Mic!" submitted March 12, 2012

By Jess G in San Antonio, TX
Musical Background: Played guitar for 2 years been singin for 2 years
Music Style: Alternative Pop
Overall: Microphone is great I just recorded Vocals in studio the sounded perfect, I am female Alto its kind of alternative pop music very clear what you sing is what you get in the mic Now the mount is a pain for me at least it moves got to be careful

"Really Good Mic!!!" submitted May 8, 2012

By Jess R in San Atnio, TX
Musical Background: I have a band GACQMUSIC.COM I sing and play Guitar
Music Style: Rock ,Pop & Acoustic
Overall: Hi I just wanted to say I was doing reviews for months for vocal/acoustic guitar mic under 500$ made my decition on this one guys here at Zzounds gave me great deal plus super fast shipping I am a female alto range and wow vocals come crystal clear and my acoustic guitar amazing have not tried for anything else but I doubt youll find something better for the price its really amazing what a good mic will do and I run it thru scarlett 2i2 interface usually have ran thru better but even on my scarlet inexpensive sounds amazing

"Great Mic For the Studio" submitted October 6, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Artist, Recording Engineer, Master Engineer.
Music Style: Hip Hop
Sound: Professional enough to cut an album on it. Released many records on iTunes and other online venue's. The sound is a solid smooth and warm sound. Not Pitchy at all, like the dragonfly and the Baby Bottle. This is a completly different sound then those 2 microphones. Thats why i have both. This works best with Higher tone you can then add the Focusrite Red or D2/D3 and eq it the way it needs to be done, without adding any limiter on the vocals. This has an awesome sounds. Ease of Use: Very easy to use just becareful if using the bird cage with this microphone do not over tighten the srcews you could damage the capsule, and if you pull the XLR's out of the bottom you could damage the mic base as well. But all of this will be fixed by blue cause thats what happened to me. Quality: Hand made so its easy to break but it stands up to all of the above damaged that i listed and still produced the same awesome sound. I sent it to Blue and got it back within 2 weeks. Very well crafted. Value: Lowest price profesionnal microphone you can find. Manufacturer Support: Like i said after breaking my microphone they took care of everything for free. The Wow Factor: I own it its smooth. Overall: I will be satisfied with this product forever. I will always have it in the studio. Bluebird, Dragonfly, NTK, Nueman TL103
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best mic for a lot of situations." submitted August 18, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: "Active Musician"
Music Style: Piano/strings, bass
Sound: The sound is incredibly natural. It'll pickup the nuances of whatever you're recording. I use the word whatever because it's incredibly versatile. I've used it for pretty much everything; Piano, Drums, acoustic guitar, guitar cabs, drum overhead, Viola and vocals. It's a good mic to have in the arsenal, especially if you only have the budget to get one mic for the time being. Feature: There isn't a roll off switch or anything like that but it's a mic. . .it picks up sound. . . well Quality: I love when a product feels "solid", and that was the first word that came to mind when I first held it. The body is a tank HOWEVER the neck piece is so tiny that I think a nice drop would break off the diaphram in an instant, so be careful. Value: This is my only 10 because now after the price drop of $100, it is the best bang for the buck. It's cheaper then the baby bottle and in my A/B comparison, I still chose the BB even though I was intimidated by the cheaper price. The reason for the price is that unlike most BLUEs, it's made overseas then expected in the states. Full warranty and support still applies so I guess it doesn't make a difference even though usually I always by U.S. goods i.e. Fenders Manufacturer Support: It's BLUE. . . they're as personal as a company outside of an endorsement can get. The Wow Factor: It looks great, but it's a BLUE. . . that's what they do; build beautiful mics. Overall: The only reason I don't give it a 10 is because you can expect more from BLUE. I'd give the BLUE mouse a ten for sure, because that sounds like a $2,000 mic. I love this mic, and it's my "go to" mic for most situations.
14 of 17 people (82.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Bluebird Is One Of Favorites So Far" submitted November 19, 2013

By Rohan Rowe in EASTON, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been Producing music for 8 and i have a maschine with a midi keyboard
Music Style: Hip-Hop,Rap,R&B
Overall: Very easy to use..really gives that natural tone in voice before uneffected and its really quiet and responsive. I would recommend it for beginners and professionals.

"I traded my organ for this mic!!!!" submitted August 7, 2012

By Laz SLOSHTOWN in KATY, TX
Music Style: ACTIVE MUSICIAN FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS
Overall: So i had an organ on craigslist for sale or trade and no i dont mean a kidney but like a musical organ found in churches and crap like that....got it from a friend for free he was moving...whatever, anyways this guy hits me up wanting to trade this Blue mic, not sure of the deal i just went for it, iv had the mic for a few years now and i have to say, im no mic expert but its by far the best mic iv ever used for recording, and i have used quite a bit from vocal mics to drum dynamic mics and all in between, it just sounds really crisp and clean, iv put it in front of a drumset and only recorded with it, just for some scratch tracks and ideas and with a little work finding a sweet spot in the room and EQ adjustment it really was better than i expected and iv used it for recording alot of vocals and acoustic and have been very pleased im not the type to rate anything but i was on this site and saw this mic for sale and just had to talk about it hope this has helped someone in my opinion giving the mics i own and the money i have spent for them i would say this mic is worth every penny and it also comes with a sweet wood case so you know it will be stored safe when not in use the wood case also has blue foam crap inside...at least mine did im assuming they are still selling that way....good luck 2 you all! i give 5 stars across the board except for ease of use because its diameter is more narrow than standard mics so you have to buy the "blue" holder for it so beware but yeah hope this helped someone

"Bluebird mic" submitted September 16, 2012

By Derrick Jackson in Romulus, MI
Musical Background: Engineering
Music Style: Hip hop Gospel
Overall: The service is fast and on time the bluebird is a nice addition to my Akg 414

"Recordings with BlueBIRD" submitted October 3, 2012

By Robert Encinas in San antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been doing Music recording for along time since 05'
Music Style: Work on Gospel music and Christian Hip Hop.
Overall: OK! So, I had used the Blue spark microphone with presonus 1 channel Tube mic pre. If I wanted more warmth then I will push the Drive up a tad. So, I had great sounds like that Doing Christian Hip Hop. With the Protools and waves plugins the sound was great. I have now upgraded to this BlueBird and I have noticed a difference in just the raw recording with nothing on it coming in. I know this will help me to ease some things with my plugins now but so far this mic sounds great. There is a variable difference from the Spark and this mic. But the spark is still a good mic, but This BlueBird is better! Hope this helps!! The only reason Why I won't buy this again is because next time I'm upgrading to a Neumann mic. But this Blue Bird will hold me down for another year.

"One of the best mics I've ever used in any price bracket." submitted October 19, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer/Producer
Music Style: Rock, folk, adult contemporary
Sound: When I bought this microphone, I was looking into higher end mics at the local store. I was trying a bunch of mics out costing as high as $1000, and wasn't really happy with any of them. The salesperson suggested that I try this one, and immediately fell in love with it. The high end is crisp and strong, and the low end is smooth and rich. I often bring it with me to record live shows and have used it on every instrument and have yet to find a weak point in its sound. Unfortunately, it is a dynamic, so in the studio you're going to need a pretty powerful preamp to catch quieter vocals, but apart from that there are absolutely no downsides to this microphone. It's one of the best I've used. Feature: It picks up audio. What other features are there? Ease of Use: Sounds great. Quality: The microphone is solid. I've used it on some extremely loud instruments on stage close mic'd, and it always comes out clean. The shockmount is poorly welded though. The outer ring that attaches to the stand has broken, and slips. This is corrected by adjusting the angle of the boom on the stand, but it's a minor annoyance. Value: For the price, you can't beat this mic. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it. The Wow Factor: It certainly looks nice and different. Overall: I love this mic, and will be using it for many years.

"BluBird mic" submitted October 2, 2012

By Robert Encinas in San antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been doing Music recording for along time since 05'
Music Style: Hip Hop, and now Gospel music
Overall: Simple and to the point.I had used Blue spark mic with presonus 1 channel tube pre with protools and using waves plugins etc. The sound Came out real great some better than some pro sounds out there but not were i want to stop at. I want to have that great commercial sound. It takes a great mic and pre amp to get that job done for starters. but money is another issue so, I got the rid of the blue spark and got the blubird mic in with same preamp can't really tell to much of a difference while recording in raw. But it should help out a lot more from the dynamic side of things vs. spark. So when i add all the plugins in mixing and master it will come out real clean. Now I just need a better preamp....

When you call, mention priority code 15TJ-98J1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976