When you call, mention priority code 20K-DH02

Rating and Reviews: Blue Baby Bottle

With a detailed midrange presence and smooth top end, the Baby Bottle condenser shines on vocals, guitar cabinets, and hard-to-mic instruments like violins.

"The other reviews are spot on" submitted October 10, 2012

By Matt J in Port Republic, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Vocal/keys for 20 years. Home studio with collaborative projects worldwide as well as webcasts
Music Style: Rock, alternative, folk, S/S, soft rock, country, pop
Sound: First off, as another review stated, this mic is hot. It is also remarkably quiet. Crank the gain up and you won't know it's there until you breathe. It's sound is a "what goes in is what comes out" so if you are looking for color, this isn't it. I find that to be quite helpful in that I use this mic for male vocals in many different singing styles. The sound plays nice with whatever chain I need to use to fit the genre. It can be driven VERY hard without any complaints allowing for a wide range of applications this can mic. I also personally find I don't have to be constantly aware of my recording proximity when recording vocals that swing from subdued to belting. All in all there are plenty of mics that sound better for certain applications, but none that give you a decent sound on everything you put it in front of. Feature: Did not fit some of my shock mounts. Also, the pop filter, although interesting looking seeing as its not much bigger than the capsule, could have been a tad bigger as its not effective against extreme plosives. I have purchased Blue's rectangular pop filter which works as expected and quite frankly looks wicked. Is it worth the extra money? It's a pretty mic so why not? Ease of Use: Plug and play. Although due to how hot it is, not having to drive equipment as hard down the chain keeps the signal very clean. If your pre groans at you when you ask it do some work with other mics, this will take some of the load off. Quality: Although it looks like the capsule might just roll off on its own, it's a very solid mic. I don't feel the need to be ginger with it. Heavy, thick walls, nice machining and finish. No blemishes noted from the factory. I have been using it for about 8 months now and I have had no issues at all with it. Value: It's worth more. Period. For the sound, it would be an "average mic" if they had slapped an $800 tag on it but nobody would for a second say the mic didn't hang with others in that range. Manufacturer Support: I have not personally but the gentleman that I ordered it through called them while I was there to get some more detail on the frequency response. He got through on the first call, and in that time they transferred him to an engineer on the floor who answered my question thoroughly. The Wow Factor: I mean look at it. It's fun to look at. Overall: Excellent mic for the money.

"This is the mic for my vocals" submitted April 5, 2016

By David H in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: I am an engineer and producer
Music Style: all genres
Overall: I'll start off by saying I am a mid-baritone with a nasal tendency that shows up in peculiar ways on a lot of mics with typical high-end boost. I'll qualify myself as Pro Tools certified and college educated in Music Production. I have used many, many microphones in my day and I have my expensive favorites like anybody else (Neumann U47 is a great way to blow 4K). In my current locker exist many of today's most popular and highly-rated microphones (C414s, AKG 4060, Rode NTK, etc.) but when it comes time to record MY lead vocal, the Baby Bottle is almost always the one that gets the nod. It's no frills. The signal path doesn't allow for on-mic attenuators of any kind. It is colored (every mic is colored) with a lot of bottom end and a boost in the upper-mids that gives off the impression of 'natural presence' without going into 'sparkle.' It has probably the least self-noise of any mic I have. I frequently pair this with a Focusrite ISA One, which adds just a smidge of color to the 800 Hz range which most people would characterize as 'warmth.' Completely, 100% recommended for male vocals.

"Buy one." submitted November 8, 2004

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: PunkRock
Sound: Update: Not only have I used it on vocals, but violin and mandolin as well. It sounded great on all of these. The singer I had in here commented that he really liked the way this mic sounds. I gotta agree, this mic does many things well. Feature: Came with shock mount and pop filter. Quality: It is really well made. Value: Can't go wrong for the money. Manufacturer Support: Dunno, haven't needed it. Overall: For what this costs, you can't beat it. I am overjoyed at this mics versatility. www.flamethrowerstudios.com
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Baby Blue Bottle Condenser Microphone" submitted October 16, 2014

By Richard GIBBS in Stockbridge, GA
Musical Background: over 15ys
Music Style: Rock, R&B Hip hop
Overall: This microphone is excellent for home studio's/Vocals.

"THE BEST FOR THE MONEY" submitted November 18, 2004

By a customer from NETSCAPE.NET
Musical Background: ENGINEER,MUSICIAN
Music Style: VARIOUS
Sound: IF YOU'RE VOCALS ARE SOUNDING TINNY AND HOLLOW YOU ARE IN FOR A PLEASANT SURPRISE. THIS MIC HAS A NICE NATURAL SOUND PERFECT FOR RECORDING WITH TODAYS ROLAND HARD DISC RECORDERS AND THE LIKE. SOME OF THE BEST MICS SOMETIMES HAVE TOO MUCH HIGH END FOR THE DIGITAL DOMAIN,FORCING VOCALISTS TO USE SM58'S AND OTHER DYNAMIC MICS, WHICH ARE NOT REALLY CUT OUT FOR RECORDING. THIS MIC HAS A SMOOTH FULL SOUND. I ALSO OWN A RODE NTK, ,A NEUMANN U87AI,AND A TLM103. I THINK THIS MIC HAS THE BEST OVERALL NATURAL SOUND,AND THE PRICE IS AWESOME .

"Beautiful - in sound, design, and craftsmanship" submitted April 9, 2004

By a customer from ullanta.com
Music Style: classical, mostly
Value: Well worth the price; comparable to mics that cost much more. Don't judge by features, judge by quality! Manufacturer Support: I once made a pre-inquiry by email, and the chief designer called me back by phone... The Wow Factor: An affordable, versatile BLUE - desireable AND obtainable!

"Blue Is AWSOME I love the little baby Bottle" submitted January 14, 2004

Music Style: Well there are many but Real R&B like some marvin gaye
Sound: Its really quiet and really hot all my pr amps had to be turned to half what they were its a great mic that was well worth the money I am hooked on bluse till I die Feature: Well for the money the only feature it has is its great amazing sound and the low self noise (5.5)not thats a feature in its self Quality: Its amazing first rate Value: This item is worth twice as much as the selling its is beter than the tlm 103 by far Manufacturer Support: Well I have had no problems BLUES quality in many ways is there support cause it lasts and it does not break so you dont have to deal with them The Wow Factor: Well there mics are one of a kinds it nice to have a mic in the studio that just stands out in so many way LOOKS and SOUND Overall: craftmenship awsome I will be enjoying it for many years to come!

"A versitile, solid, beautiful, old school old world mic" submitted May 28, 2003

Music Style: Rock / Alt
Sound: An amazing little mike foar it's price. Very present and warm on vocals. The craftsmanship is first rate. No silly vintage "color" like on the new inexpensive tube condencers. Can take a 133db hit too.

"Excellent quality, great value!" submitted February 20, 2004

Music Style: PunKrock
Sound: This is the real deal. For the money I don't know if there's a better deal out there. I have an Oktava MK319 which rules in its own way, but-The Blue Baby Bottle is in a league all it's own! Very low self noise, and sounds great on electric guitar. Haven't tried it on vocals yet, but will later this week. Feature: $475.00 and it came with the pop screen and shock mount. Quality: Feels hefty, sounds great. Value: Amazing! Manufacturer Support: Can't rate this. I'm thinking I won't need to. Just byu looking at their website, I think support will be good if needed. The Wow Factor: Killer! Overall: I figured I needed one "go to" mic for voxcals and guitar cabs. I think this is it.

"An average mic, in a beautiful package." submitted March 9, 2005

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Sound: It sure sounds great when you listen to it by itself. However, I had the luxury of having several mics to compare it to and it didn't really stick out of the bunch as exceptional. The test bed was a 3035 (cheap but effective), R121 (ribbon), and a 219 (Russian made also). The 3035 came out on top with the most clean sound on martin and gibson acoustic guitars and male vocals, while the 414 found favor with female vocals and some taylor guitars. I was very suprised that the 99 dollar 219 also made in russian sounded a lot like the baby bottle, but for hundreds less. The ribbon mic sounds like nothing else, and had a lot of bass end clarity. In all, sound quality wise, the baby bottle is probably in the lower half of these mics, but by no means does it sound bad. Feature: The mic I bought came with a lovely cherry red storage box, however I'm a little scared to put the mic in the box, because it doesn't have very good support for the diaphram (they put poorly cut styrofoam to support the diaphram unit). The microphone itself is a work of art, it's both beautiful and seems sturdy enough to handle years of careful use. I had to buy the shockmount and pop filter seperately for an additional $50. Quality: Beautiful mic right out of the package, I however did notice some cosmetic blemishes on the top of the diaphram cage, but what can you expect, they're all hand made... Value: Looks like no other mic out there, sounds like any other condensor mic for under $400, so depends on what you're looking for. Manufacturer Support: Well, the technical support number that comes in the box, is a disconnected number, so if anyone reading this knows someone at blue, please let them know. The Wow Factor: So the mic doesn't sound as great as I've been told, but for some reason, I can't let it go. If you have two things that perform similar, but one just looks better, then you have this crazy urge to spend more on it (for example, ipods). Despite some flaws that I found, I wouldn't sell this mic back. Who knows, maybe one day it'll be a collectors item.
11 of 17 people (64.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20K-DH02. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976