When you call, mention priority code 16JS-NX8P
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica M2 Monitor

Break the wire barriers of your live rig with this in-ear monitor system from Audio-Technica. It comes complete with transmitter, receiver and headphones.

"Recommended." submitted May 15, 2009

Music Style: Acoustic Rock
Sound: The included ear buds are fine for general use but I've replaced them with Shure SCL5. OTherwise the sound quality including frequency range are very good. The optional limiter prevents the unit for exceeding safe listening levels. I've experienced no interference or dropouts at a distance of about 50 feet between the transmitter and body pack. Feature: The ability to feed the transmitter two channels off the sound board allows you to balance the receiver between one channel or the other. So for my mix I have vocals on one channel and the band on the other. Using the balance control on the body pack, I get both channels through both ear buds but can adjust the loudness of each to my preference. I have the vocals turned up slightly higher than the rest of the band. The ability to adjust the levels by myself rather than our sound guy gives me a custom mix. I always leave the limiter on to avoid exceeding safe listening levels. The body psck includes a jack to attach an ambient mic so that you can mix in audience sounds but I haven't found a need for this. Ease of Use: Pretty simple really. Plug in any ear buds and adjust the overall volume and balance between the two channels. I replace the batteries before every show just to ensure that they don't run out during a performance. I do the same thing with my wireless guitar transmitter and mics. Quality: So far the unit has held up well. I've dropped the body pack a couple of times but it has sustained no damage. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact the company for support. The Wow Factor: Having made the transition from floor monitors to in-ear monitors, I can't imagine ever going back. Overall: I would likely replace the M2 with another M2 as it meets my needs at a reasonable price. The only reason I would consider another model is if I ran into some contention with wireless frequencies but so far it has worked flawlessly everywhere I've used it.

"Audio-Technica M2 In Ear Monitor reliable" submitted September 16, 2012

By blue Rodz in orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for over 25 years and Im a bass player Play professionally apart from my band Alma Vertical
Music Style: Cristian alternative rock and jazz and blues r&b and others
Overall: Just purchased it for about a month and up to now no problem. Did have to change the ear buds to some Shures just to have more clarity but other than that really reliable. Good service by zZounds!

"Best In Ear wireless system for price." submitted August 28, 2010

Musical Background: Professional DJ & Artist manager
Music Style: Top 40
Sound: I absolutely love the sound quality and ease of use. As a Dj, I have gone throgh many headphones ( all brands) and finally got sick off how quickly they brake. Bought this, along with a different brand of ear buds (IE 30), used for first time in a club last night. I'm blown away with the quality & now have other DJ friends getting this. I love the fact you can choose from 100 channels, a opposed to 8 with the Shure ( for same price). Feature: 100 Channels. Stereo, mono & mix control modes ( I use it in stereo mode for a cue & program feed). Limiter ( can be defeated but I would advise not to). Very good distance with no dropouts (within a few 100 feet). Belt pack is light. Ease of Use: It only took minutes to set up channels and use. Quality: Both units seem to be well made & not cheap looking. Value: I bought this from ZZ Sounds as a dent & scratch unit for $400. I cannot find any dents or scratches! The unit looks perfectly new. The Wow Factor: This is more practical than sexy! Overall: I will never go back to regular DJ headphones after using this.

"Buy Audio Technica M2 in ear monitoring wireless system !!!" submitted June 26, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist for whole life
Music Style: Heavy Metal
Sound: I own this stuff since 2 weeks. I checked it at the rehearsal room, and it works pretty OK. The earphones' wire is not too short (maybe is short for tall people- lol). I didn't experience any gig yet using this M2 (575-608 MHz). It didn't interfere with anything. It has a comfortable range. If in open air, it's around 100 m as they say in the specs. I cannot say I would buy the same, because I didn't experience other brand/model. I will come back with the review after a certain period of time to use it in gigs. But, so far I am OK with it. Feature: std as others. Ease of Use: It's pretty simple to use. Any musician can put it up and running in less than 5 minutes. Quality: Made in Japan. It says everything.... Value: OK. Manufacturer Support: Didn't need it so far. The Wow Factor: it's ok. Normal look. Overall: do not know. Maybe 5-6 years or so....

When you call, mention priority code 16JS-NX8P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976