When you call, mention priority code 141W-CKVG

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica AT-LP120

Enjoy your favorite LPs in stunning quality, or easily and conveniently convert your collection of vinyl to CD/MP3 with the USB-enabled AT-LP120 turntable.

Overall

"Great value, well built, needs only a few upgrades . ." submitted January 9, 2012

Overall
Sound: This turntable is the finest in its price class. I have found it to be a joy to operate and use. Quality: Although this turntable is a nearly dead on copy of the Technics 1200, it does show its price point in a few areas. The stock cartridge is very average, the built in preamp must also be avoided. I purchased the Shure M97e, and also a stand alone preamp. After these purchases the turntable really comes to life. I also purchased a stock Technics rubber platter mat. All well worth the investment. If you plan to use this turntable 100% as is from the factory it will certainly do the job but why not invest in what you have and really make it sound its best. Value: Yes it is very much worth it. But also be prepared to spend another $200 in several key areas to increase the turntables sound quality. The Wow Factor: If your going to get into listening to vinyl again like I have, this turntable is a great value that will last many years. Overall: Great product. Well built, just needs a few upgrades to perform at a high level.

"Audio Technica AT LP120" submitted December 3, 2012

By Woody W in Brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: Home dj
Music Style: Hip hop dancehall reggae reggaeton soca R&B soul
Overall: Audio Technica always has been at the top of there game and as a dj I highly recommend these turntables to anyone looking for something cheap and reliable I had them for 3 months and It just keeps wowing me I search and search for a imperfection but cant find it.

"Technics clone!!!" submitted May 2, 2013

By Jason M in Gastonia, NC
Musical Background: Dj for about 10 years
Music Style: Hip hop r&b reggae reggaeton top 40 pop
Overall: These turntables are well worth the money. I have a pair of these and love them. I use technics from time to time and these perform just as well. The torque is great for scratching. I don't use the preamp as I use it with serato and timecodes. I haven't had any issue. I did upgrade slipmats as well as the cartridges to shure 44-7s. The sound quality is just as good as the technics. I would recommend these to anyone!!!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Audio Technica for the win!" submitted April 1, 2014

By Tyler W in San Luis Obispo, CA
Musical Background: Producer, Sound Engineer, Studio Musician
Music Style: Hip Hop, Funk, Jazz
Overall: I have owned many Audio Technica products over the years. I currently own 3 pairs of studio headphones, a condenser microphone, and now the LP120. I have yet to have a bad experience with this brand. I have been in the market for an affordable direct drive turntable for some time now. After reading many reviews and hearing about zzounds easy payment plan, I decided that now was the time to purchase. When the turntable arrived, I felt the excitement of a little boy waking up on christmas morning. I was able to set up and have the turntable ready for use in my daw within 30 minutes of it being dropped off at my door. It is heavy, well made, and extremely easy to use. The motor is fairly strong as well if you plan on using it for scratching. The only problem with this turntable is the platter. It is slightly warped as I have read in reviews before. This does NOT affect its playability whatsoever. If you are in the market for a DD turntable on a budget, I cannot see how you could go wrong with the LP120

"Great turntable, with a few quarks" submitted March 30, 2011

Musical Background: avid listener
Music Style: Allison Krause to Alice in Chains
Sound: I first ordered an entry level turntable and was just getting too much noise back through it (from my speakers). This turntable does a much better job and I have no complaints about the sound at all. Vinyl can sound much better than digital. Feature: The features are OK and what you would expect on a professional quality turntable. No frills to add noise like auto play or anything Ease of Use: This is where it gets tricky. I love the turntable, but it wasn't really designed very well. The on/off switch is really stupid, its not like any I have ever seen and hard to use. Its like a recessed knob and hard to reach, but it has a really nice start/stop button to get the platter going. Why did we need both, why didn't the start/stop button also turn off the main power (really the only thing that comes on when you turn on the master switch is the strobe, you have to hit start to get the platter spinning)? Also the lifter is very small and not as good as it could be. But then they go and add this huge speed control knob that is used very little. Why didn't they make the lifter this nice since it will be used 100x more? Quality: Very well made and lots of heft. Other than the controls mentioned about I am very pleased with the quality. Value: Good value, you would have to spend 2x to maybe get something better. Its a great turntable for the money. I got it open box and saved a bunch of money. Manufacturer Support: Not had to need to contact AT, but ZZounds was great as always when I went to change out the other table. Thanks to them, as always. The Wow Factor: Very sexy, but I am too old to fall for that trick, I want performance, that is what is sexy to me. Overall: It better last me a lifetime, unless I hit the lottery, then I my McIntosh tube amp will need something better.

"Probably the best for the price" submitted July 7, 2013

By Mike Bridges in Panama City, FL
Music Style: Classic Rock, Jazz, Blues
Sound: Very good Feature: The stop start is awesome, very fast and precise. Also the tone arm lever that slowly drops onto the records. Least useful option is the reverse option. Who wants to play records backwards? Paul isn't dead. Ease of Use: Very easy to plug into other components Quality: Very sturdy for plastic. I hope it last 10 years. Overall: This is an excellent turntable for the price. I would give it 5 stars if it was Made In USA. It is Made In China and China has no quality control. It also comes with a DC motor and an American Made AC motor would make this THE top turntable. A DC motor doesn't last as long as an AC motor (turntables from yesteryear have AC motors and most of them last 30+ years. So with the cons out of the way, on to the pros. For a plastic TT this thing is a tank. I had no problems setting it up. The tone arm counterweight took a while to get just right but it just takes some patience. This model comes with the AT95E stylus which tracks at 2 grams. The previous stylus no longer comes with the LP120. Trust me, this one is better (it is the GREEN cartridge). Others have also complained about a pre-amp hum. I detected no hum on mine. I also have my own pre-amp but have been using the one built in to the TT. If it becomes an issue later I will simply use my other one. The slip mat is felt. This worried me at first because everyone wanted the rubber mat that comes with the Technics-1200. Well I have to say the felt mat isn't so bad. I don't see what the big deal is but I am not a club DJ and did not buy this for club use or scratching. I haven't tried out the USB yet but that will come later. At the moment I just want to HEAR my records again. The direct drive can stop on a dime! Pitch control is something I would never use but it has a nice feel to its "slide" and clicks into place in the middle. Hit "quartz" and it instantly tracks at the normal speed. The unit weighs around 25 pounds and that's a good thing. I've noticed that the Popup Stylus Target Light gets a little warm after it's been on for a while so I use it when I need it but mostly leave it turned off. Over a very good turntable which would fall under great if it were Made In USA with better quality control. Packaging from ZZOUNDS was also sturdy. It was packed in a box and sealed up very good in a plastic bag. The TT itself was nicely, tightly fit in the Audio Technica box. I almost bought the USB LP60 and I am glad I got this one instead. The direct drive and adjustable tone arm and anti-skate sold me on this model. One final note, if you find after a few plays of very old records that the tone arm skates across the record check the stylus to make sure it is clean. I made the mistake of playing some very old records without cleaning them and a considerable amount of dust was picked up by the stylus. I cleaned all of the records and cleaned the stylus gently with a new, unused toothbrush.
26 of 30 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Audio Technica AT-LP120 Turntable" submitted February 13, 2012

By Floyd G in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: I am not a muscian but love music
Music Style: Rock, metal, jazz, new age, classical and opera
Overall: I have been enjoying the heck out of this turntable for the past 3 months and I am very impressed. I grew up with the typical cheesey all in one systems that we all owned who grew up in the 70's-80's and I must say that this is much better by far. I thought that this would be a let down from my Music Hall 5 but I was wrong, it can perform and then some. Has plenty of bells and whistles which make it look really cool. I bought it to replace my Music Hall and to also add my album collection to my digital music platform in order to preserve my albums forever. It is simple and easy to use comes almost completely ready to go out of the box aside from just a few steps to get it put together and ready to play. It is packaged very well and is built like a tank. One of the cool things that this table does is allow you to play your albums backwards so that you can hear the hidden messages from the devil that your favorite band has put on there albums. The only bad thing that I can find wrong with this turntable is that it is silver, all of my equipment is black and so I kind of wanted it to be black as well. However, it does remind me of my first decent turntable that I bought in the 70's. Hope this helps you to decide on which turntable to get.
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"My First "real" turntable!!!" submitted January 29, 2014

By Jeff Royer in Battle Creek, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Casual guitar player for about 10 years, I mainly play at home and occasionally jam with a few friends just for fun.
Music Style: Any kind of rock and some country.
Overall: Let me start by saying I am not an audiophile. I do enjoy listening to music and just recently started listening to vinyl and I am very happy with this turntable. I've had a couple very cheap record players and the difference between those and this one are huge. The sound quality is truly amazing and the overall quality of the turntable seems to be very solid, it weighs a ton. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality turntable. The setup is pretty straight forward, Audio-Technica has videos posted on youtube that are easy to follow. I have not used the USB connection so I can't really comment on that.

"turntable" submitted March 6, 2014

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Overall: I received the product quick works great get to play old records .One thing It does not have is auto return arm so when the record is over you have to get up shut it down

"Audio-Technica AT-LP120 Turntable" submitted June 18, 2014

By Jose Cosio in Chino, CA
Overall
Overall: Excellent product; the best you can get at this price. I highly recommend this items those who love to play vinyl records.

"Nice turntable" submitted October 9, 2013

By Bryan B in Clemmons, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Very Avid listener, occasional karaokee, used to write lots of lyrics...
Music Style: Mostly anything rock and roll to heavy metal..
Overall: I ordered a blemished unit for a good chunk off and it arrived super quick but packaged very poorly inside with all the accessories just bouncing around. Customer service was exceptional at getting me out another unit. I hooked it up last night and have to say it is a solid, heavy, & well built turntable. I for one don't believe that records sound better than CD's but I have a lot of both. You can't get the same volume levels from vinyl and I do get a hum from turning it up just like 30 years ago......... Also for some reason this one doesn't have an auto return at the end of the record??

"Turntable excellence" submitted June 8, 2014

By Jonathan W in Decatur, GA
Music Style: Eclectic
Overall: Easy to assemble, easy to hook up and very professional workings. Price $100 cheaper than in store com parables. A great buy

"Audio-Technica AT-LP120 Turntable" submitted October 17, 2013

By Brice W in Chicago, IL
Overall
Overall: it came quickly and it works. only complaint is that maybe you should make sure that 'fragile' is on the box because Fedex dropped it over our back gate to deliver it but luckily it functions fine. box was beat up a bit

"At lp120" submitted April 9, 2014

By John K in Brentwood , CA
Musical Background: Profession
Overall: Over all an outstanding product and value for its usability. I would suggest everyone watch the set video. It explains the balancing of the styles arm much more thorough than the instructions provided.

"Turntable" submitted January 22, 2014

By ormonde lewis in savannah, GA
Musical Background: Strictly a listener
Music Style: mostly of R and B and Jazz
Overall: The turntable works very well. I do wish I could load more than one record.

Audio-Technica AT-LP120 Customer Review submitted September 14, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: using for my own music
Music Style: Rock Classical Oldies
Sound: I cannot tell because I was using Audacity and it would allow me to use the sound from my monitor's stereo speakers. It would be wonderful if you explained to anyone that has a MAC that they can use their own application Garage Band. In that way all Apple users can benefit from using something that is very easy to work with to hear and record from the turn table. As soon as I start listening I will let you know how the sound is. Feature: Al the features are great as far as I can tell. Ease of Use: Because I was using Audacity I had to call to get the sound to play through my lap top's speaker. It gave me error message if I tried to use the Display setting. Therefore I could not hear how it would sound and until I start using it with the other software I will not know. To go through all the steps regarding Audacity is very very difficult. The pamplet has old diagrams and now where util the end do you see that you have to hit "record" to just listen to the record. Quality: It looks great and seems to operate well. The turn table is quiet and I am happy to have a direct drive turntable. It would be great if the turn tale automatically removed the needle when it was finished. I assume the turn table that I got is a copy of one of the Technics that used to be made. It looks like it and hopeful it will sound like it. Manufacturer Support: They were very helpful in walking through the Audix with me. The Wow Factor: Liked the way it looked and its features Overall: Until it doesn't function as it is supposed to this will do me fine. I have grand children and want to burn CD's of the records that we send to their parents so I have the music

"Print Audio-Technica AT-LP120 Turntable" submitted January 29, 2014

By Nicole Malovany in Chicago, IL
Overall
Overall: Great turntable, my boyfriend loves it!

"Print Audio-Technica AT-LP120 Turntable" submitted January 29, 2014

By Nicole Malovany in Chicago, IL
Overall
Overall: Great turntable, my boyfriend loves it!

When you call, mention priority code 141W-CKVG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976