When you call, mention priority code 176W-LMPB

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica ATH-M30

Mix and monitor with clarity and accuracy. The ATH-M30 are a great value on quality headphones.

"I'm liking these headphones." submitted October 20, 2013

Overall
Overall: I mainly use these for practicing. Keyboards, voice, and drum machine through a mixer and into the phones. The ATH-M30s sound great, fit my head and hug my ears nicely, and are very comfortable for as long as I have them on. They're lightweight and seem to be well put together, not fragile. I don't know if they qualify as "professional studio monitors" since I don't have an engineer's ears and training, but they're a good workhorse pair of headphones.

"Good studio headphones for $59" submitted February 9, 2008

Music Style: Rock and Jazz recording, a large studio
Sound: I bought a bunch of these instead of MDR-7506's for recording. Less expensive, less exaggerated high end and a fuller low end. Overall less hyped sounding, and the fuller bass helps the rhythm section hear themselves. In two years, 2 out of 16 broke one speaker each, that's a lot less damage than a room full of Sony's. Quality: Made well, look like clones of the sonys, almost. The 1/4" adaptor stays on better too. Value: Yes. Oh, I chose them at a store with tons of models to choose from, the ATHM20's were thin and awful, and the 40's sounded really weird... the mid-priced ATHM30's sounded best of em all, until I got up to the $150-250 Sennheissers etc. Overall: These met my goal of being cheap enough to buy 16 of em, but still sound satisfying. If they didn't sound good, I would have bought zero of em.
23 of 26 people (88.46%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent value for the money" submitted February 15, 2012

By Glenn F in Vienna, WV
Musical Background: Sound engineer for 17 years
Overall: These cans have a great sound quality. They replaced a pair of Radio Shack headphones which absolutely sounded like mush. The sound was clear right out of the box. They are a little bit boomy, but I expect that to clear up as they break in. The only gripe I have, and it's a minor one, is that they don't seal as well as I might like - but that's a personal preference. If you are looking for quality cans at a good price, this is the pair for you!

"Not durable" submitted January 14, 2014

By Matt Melvin in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Overall: This item is already not working. I do not think have a very great impression of my experience.

"Not horrible, not good..." submitted September 28, 2011

By a customer from rocketmail.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician of 15 years, Sound Engineer, Black metal, death metal, classical, oldies, jazz.
Music Style: Black metal, death metal, classical, oldies, jazz.
Sound: Too much low end. They sound rather muddy in my opinion. They don't blend the sound well enough for me I guess, the low end just kinda takes over. Perfect if you listen to rap I guess... Feature: 1/4 inch jack adapter, cool I guess. Ease of Use: plug them in homer. Quality: I can see myself catching the little wires that hang out quite a bit on something and ripping them out. Comfortable, can bang your head and they stay on (my head atleast - square head). They seem pretty sturdy. Value: You get what you pay for although I would say they cost a little more than what they are worth. The Wow Factor: They look cool but don't sound as cool. Overall: Not sure, I might return them.

"Returning these for a better fitting pair!" submitted May 25, 2009

Overall
Sound: Sounds good but I don't have anything else to compare it to in terms of monitor headphones. Feature: The swiveling earpieces are useless. Uncomfortable if you flip one up to hear "DJ style." Ease of Use: Keeps slipping off my head! I lean forward or backward just a bit, and it slips off. I wish the headphone sizing locked so I don't have to readjust every time I put them on too. Quality: See ease of use. Overall: The fit is intolerable.

"Get the better gear." submitted July 27, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sounds perfect. That's the problem. Everything sounds good in these phones so it's hard to get an accurate mix. Feature: Just phones and 1/8 in. plug adapter. Overall: Waste of $.

When you call, mention priority code 176W-LMPB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976