When you call, mention priority code 1730-12F6

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica AT4040 Mic

A great all-around choice for vocals, voiceover, guitar cabs, percussion and more, this cardioid large-diaphragm condenser compares to mics twice the price!

Overall

"This is a super deal on a quality Microphone from Audio Technica!!" submitted September 29, 2005

Musical Background: singer
Sound: the best,it's as good as my akg and neumann(if not better on everything) Feature: it's got a high pass filter and a 10db attenuator! it's strictly cardiod. Quality: built solidly! sounds super with my Blue Robbie Preamp!! Manufacturer Support: nice folks! The Wow Factor: I'm buying one !!

"THIS IS A GREAT AT SERIES MIC FROM AUDIO TECHNICA !!" submitted August 17, 2005

Musical Background: recording engineer
Sound: this is super vocal and acoustic guitar mic.it has a full sound.airy highs natural mids and beautiful full lows. It's basically an improved at4033-has better specs!!! Feature: has a 10 db attenuator and 80 hz high pass. Quality: top notch quality in the at4040. I'll compare this mic to anything out there costing alot more. This mic is made in JAPAN. We all know that quality is what comes out of there- from cars to you name it!! Value: a great value.it is a Japanese built product.No wonder it's terrific.the 2 I bought sound like a matched pair !! Manufacturer Support: they're real helpful.I had a question on getting some extra mic mounts and they were great! The Wow Factor: i own 2 of them. Overall: this mic sounds as good as mics that are alot more in price. I compared it to the Blue Blueberry,the Neumann tlm103, and the Rode NTK. In my opinion it outperforms them all on vocals-and is as good on acoustic guitar.

Audio-Technica AT4040 Mic Customer Review submitted September 13, 2006

Musical Background: 45 years in The Recording Industry
Sound: This mic sounds terrific on vocals when used in conjunction with a Blue Robbie Mic Preamp,with or without compression. I've compared it to other microphones in my arsenal and it basically outperforms them. Some of my other mics are :A Neumann TLM103,A Rode K2 and Rode NTK,and AKG C414. The Audio Technica At4040 has a better,balanced overall sound on most sources. I think it's because of it's 2mm thick capsule membrane which is a new design from AT. Feature: I like the fact that it has a high pass 80hz filter and a -10db rolloff. Neither of these are offered on the Neumann TLM103 and Rode NTK,which incidentally cost more !
18 of 21 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perfect" submitted January 16, 2014

By Billi Miller in Ionia, MI
Musical Background: I've been into music for 18 years
Music Style: hip-hop, rap
Overall: Perfect mic for my voice I have a mid deep voice and it sounds really good with this mic. I use it with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.

"If you are a singer. THEN BUY THIS!!!!" submitted March 17, 2009

Musical Background: Singer
Music Style: RnB
Sound: The BEST sound!!!!! It has a nice warm sound...IT GIVES ME MORE CONFIDENT IN SINGING!!!! Compare to the other mics this by far is the Best... Feature: Came with a shockmount and a 20ft mic cable. Ease of Use: Perfect Quality: It's made from Japan..OF COURSE ITS PERFECT!!!! It will last for a lifetime..as long as you take care of it. Value: Definitely worth the price!!!!!!! Trust Me... Manufacturer Support: No services needed. Also gives you a year warranty The Wow Factor: Out of all the mics I have seen. This is the best looking mic right now. No lie. Audio-Technica makes the best mics. Overall: If I were to buy another product, it would be a higher version of the AT4040 which is AT4050.

Audio-Technica AT4040 Mic Customer Review submitted April 30, 2006

Overall
Sound: the sound on this product is very superb. you get what you pay for that's for sure but for the price of this mic you get way more. it kills many mics out there such as the sm57,sm58, though many buy those mics before considering what they're getting themselves into. don't do it... trust me. the range on this mic is incredible. if you just looking for a mic that is cost efficient yet want to have that studio sound this is the mic for you. i wouldn't get rid of this mic. don't get me wrong... it's no Sony C800G lol but it's good for home studio productions. i'm producing my album with this mic. it's great for singing, rapping, talking, broadcasting, most anything using vocals... a must buy for you peeps at home. remember though you must have phantom power and +48V preamp to make this mic run at top notch.

"GREAT MICROPHONE!" submitted February 25, 2012

By Jessimi Trautman in Huntington, WV
Overall
Musical Background: I have been doing music since roughly around 2001. I sing, play guitar, and make hip hop music all from an in home studio!
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Alternative Hip Hop, Dance, House.
Overall: I used to use the AT2020, and I liked that microphone a lot. It was time to upgrade, so a friend pointed me in this direction. It was $250 when I was going to originally get it, but they bumped it up to $300. I was a little bummed, but I didn't hesitate. I've had this microphone for almost 2 years. I've been recording for nearly 10, and have heard a lot of varieties from different brands. This microphone will stand up to it all. It has a nice, clean sound to it. It beats most Shure microphones in my opinion and with the correct set up will sound JUST as good as a Neumann. I have recommended this microphone to more than 3 people whom I know have purchased it and LOVE it. If you're on a house budget, this is the microphone to get. The quality is amazing, even with just a simple Mixer, which is what I have. I will continue to use this microphone and don't think I will upgrade it, just other hardware to build around it!

Audio-Technica AT4040 Mic Customer Review submitted December 22, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: since a child. trying to maximize my talent before my times up. would like to leave some type if positive legacy to my family.
Music Style: hip hop, RnB Gospel
Sound: I have not used the Mic yet I am actually building my first recording studio piece by piece. What I do know is this is the company most used by the proffesional industry. That plus the high praise it received by zzounds customers was more than enough for me. Quality: Go look at it on the jimmy fallon show the AT is class is sitting right on the desk. Overall: I believe I will stay with Audio Technica for life.

"2nd at 4040" submitted September 3, 2013

By sean l in orlando, FL
Musical Background: Baritone instrument
Music Style: Hip-hop, Christian, and blues.
Overall: great mic for vocals: singing or talking loud into...

"The greatest drum overhead mic ever." submitted October 22, 2003

Music Style: Rock, Classical
Sound: I have used this product many times as a drum overhead microphone and have gotten great results. Just one of these microphones carefully placed can give you a very natural sounding drum set. Coupled with a Shure SM-57, I've gotten one of the best live recording drum sounds that I have ever heard. This product is a must have for drummers Feature: This product included a shockmount. Quality: The only thing that I have to worry about is whether or not this mic will be stolen. Value: This product is well worth its selling price. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: This is going to be my next microphone purchase. Overall: This is the best mic that I've ever heard on drum overheads. I advise any live sound engineer to use one whenever they can.

"AT4040" submitted March 15, 2006

Musical Background: Record Company Co-Owner/Studio Engineer
Music Style: All Kinds
Sound: I used this with my record company in my studio Feature: amazing Ease of Use: just pluged in and worked amazingly Quality: Outstanding, sounds better than Nuemann Value: Best mic for the money Manufacturer Support: great The Wow Factor: Its good lookin, looks as good as it sounds. In my opinion its the best looking mic out there Overall: I wouldn't buy another mic

When you call, mention priority code 1730-12F6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976