When you call, mention priority code 12D8-QL32

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica AT3035 Mic

Outstanding performance and versatility. Includes multi-position shock mount.

Audio-Technica AT3035 Mic Customer Review submitted September 18, 2003

By a customer from shiujamstudios.com
Music Style: Pop and R&B
Sound: Excellent clarity and noise isolation, even in a room with relatively noisy computers. Worked flawlessly for my application (mostly male vocal recording) when used with an M-Audio Omni i/o (Delta 66). This microphone definitely went above and beyond my expectations for a sub-$200 large-diaphragm condenser. Feature: Low freq rolloff and a 10 dB pad round up the featureset, as well as a shockmount. Quality: Gorgeous metallic finish and fits snugly into the included shockmount Value: Amazing quality for such an inexpensive condenser microphone.

"best mic for the money I have ever used!" submitted November 17, 2004

Musical Background: singer/songwriter
Music Style: contemporary folk
Sound: I record live to two track stereo recordings of acoustic music. most of my recordings are of singers/acoustic guitar. This micorphone for the price is just simply one of a kind! I use two of them in an XY or spaced pair fairly close to the artist (two to four feet at chin level. If you record in a similar fashion, listen to this magical little mic before you buy anything else. all of those Chinese phenoms get the press but this mic is just flat out great!!! Feature: the mic comes with a simple yet very excellent shock mount and an effective bass roll off when you need it. Quality: The quality is impeccable. Beautiful engineering and solid build. I have used Audio-technica 4031 mics for years as well. They are just made well! Value: just an incredible buy. Like many reviewers have said, get them before hte price goes up. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it so I just guessed The Wow Factor: beautiful Engineering
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is truly a great Microphone !!" submitted October 13, 2005

By a customer from netscape.net
Musical Background: recording engineer
Sound: I like this mic as much as my Audiotechnica at4033 and at4040.It really is awesome on male and female voices.Does a decent job on anything you put in front of it's capsule! Feature: It has a switchable High Pass filter (80 hz rolloff filter) and a switchable -10db attenuator . These features that work very well! A microphone like the Neumann TLM103 which costs alot more doesn't have these features. I prefer the overall sound of the AT3035 over my Neumann TLM103!!! Quality: The quality of this mic along with my Audiotechnica AT40 series mics are really excellent! Value: This is the best value for a mic at this price! Manufacturer Support: I haven't really needed Audiotechnica Customer support. The Wow Factor: I already own one!! I'll be getting another!

"GREAT MIC!!!!" submitted October 31, 2008

Musical Background: Artist, Producer
Music Style: Hip-Hop
Sound: I have used several studio condensers and this one is the best by far! I also own the MXL 990 and for the price range it rivals most 5-600 dollar mics Feature: The 10db pad and the low cut filter switches on the mic are outstanding Ease of Use: Just plug it in and your ready to go doesn't get any simpler than that Quality: Sturdy construction the shockmount is a little cheap but it does the job Value: At 139.00 you couldn't beat that price with a stick considering this same mic is selling everywhere else for at least 199.00 Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them The Wow Factor: Good looking piece of equipment Overall: For a start up home studio on a budget this is the mic for you

"AT 3035 "audio-technica quality for a lot less than you would believe."" submitted January 4, 2007

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Overall
Musical Background: musician, stage and studio
Music Style: Bluegrass,
Sound: This AT3035 is a great microphone for recording bluegrass vocals and instruments. It shares a lot of the same characteristics with it's big brother, the AT4033. Feature: The pads and filters work extremely well for reducing unwanted noise. It rivals the control capabilities of more expensive microphones. Ease of Use: The 48 volt phantom power brings out the full capabilities of this microphone in the studio environment,however it will work on stage with as little as 15 volts and still retain great control capabilities. Quality: It is a well made microphone as far as AT quality. The only flaw is with the AudioTechnica mount. You have to be carefull not to strip the fine threads. Value: "An inexpensive way to add AT quality to your microphone arsenal." Manufacturer Support: I have never needed to return an AT product but they are very quick to help with any technical questions you may have. The internet site is very easy to navigate. The Wow Factor: It looks great on stage or in the studio. Overall: The only way I would replace this microphone would be with an AT4033 or AT 4040. This microphone matches their sound for a lot less money.

"ON A BUDGET OR NOT IT IS A MUST HAVE...BUY IT!!!!!" submitted April 17, 2007

By a customer from fnezrecords.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Voice Over
Sound: clear, nice highs, great lows, love the sound Feature: roll off filer is great, you don't lose any of the natural feeling Ease of Use: plug and play Quality: very reliable, dropped a few times still works great Value: this mic is great compared to those in its price range it defeats them all by far Manufacturer Support: never had a problem in the first place The Wow Factor: nice silver finish great look Overall: extremley happy with this product

"YOU NEED A PAIR OF THESE. Read why:" submitted March 13, 2004

By a customer from khptech.com
Music Style: Vocal, Choral, Classical, Instrumental
Sound: Wonderful clarity. So transparent you can't tell the difference between live and the recording. Extremely versatile, works well in almost any setting, even where you wouldn't normally use a studio condenser. Works great with digital interfaces, has extremely low self-noise and perfectly flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz. Amazing!!! Feature: Low-cut and 10dB pad are useful for close-up male vocals and various instrument miking applications. Shock mount is first-rate. Has a nice storage zip pouch. Would be nice if it came with a foam screen, though. Quality: Great quality. Housing is solid brass, nearly 1/4" thick and practically indestructible. Top-quality components all around. Value: You CANNOT get a better mic for the money. PERIOD. This mic (if it wasn't so easy to get) could easily be worth $500 - $900. Manufacturer Support: Has a factory 1-year warranty. Would be nice to have an extendend warranty option, but even so this mic will probably outlast your career. The Wow Factor: For the price, every serious studio should have at least 1 pair of these. It also looks great, has a both a "classic" and a "high-tech" look to it. Overall: Once you start using this mic you won't need or want to replace it. AT has brought $500+ studio condenser performance into the $200 price range, and sacrificed nothing.

"Pretty good mic if you don't need much low end" submitted February 5, 2009

By a customer from loginetics.com
Overall
Musical Background: amateur musician, recording enthusiast
Music Style: bluegrass and old-time, folk
Sound: I love the top end on this mic as it is very flat, not hyped like many condenser mics. The mids and highs are clear and articulate (perhaps a wee bit grainy). But the low end is disappointing and almost non-existent, at least at 9-12" distance. I would recommend 3-6" distance with pop filter for best sound from this mic. Compared to my NT-1a, SM7b, or AT4047 (all set flat), the AT3035 sounds like it has a strong bass rolloff even though I have it set flat. Feature: Bass rolloff and pad. I don't like the shockmount - it looks like if inverted the mic might drop out, but I have not had that happen yet (afraid to invert it). Ease of Use: Nothing to it. Need to use it close for vocals though, so the proximity effect can compensate for the lack of bottom. Quality: Built like a tank. Value: At around $105, it is a great buy. At $150, I might prefer a CAD M179. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with AT, but I have heard they have good support. The Wow Factor: It is a good looking mic. Overall: Good mids and highs, weak bottom. Just fair shockmount. Very well made mic, sturdy.

"Just what i was looking for!!!!." submitted April 17, 2009

Musical Background: Band Director
Music Style: Cybercumbia
Sound: The sound the this mic has is fenomenal specially because of the price very afforable so don't think twice for this price you can't get something similar. Ease of Use: So easy just plug and play. Quality: Hardcore quality i love it.

"Cool mic" submitted September 7, 2007

Overall
Sound: I really do like the sound of this mic its very warm for a $100 dollar mic not as nice on the vocals as the AT4033 but for 100 bucks this is a great buy, I have two! Feature: The roll off is nice... but its a mic nothings spectacular about the features Ease of Use: Its a mic duhhh Quality: Ive dropped it a few times still works as well as it did when I bought it! Value: Great!!! Manufacturer Support: no need The Wow Factor: It looks cool but sounds excellent especially for the price Overall: Great mic great buy!!!

"Sound engineer at recording studio." submitted December 7, 2003

By daggertooth69
Music Style: worship and Christian Rock
Sound: I recorded our singer and left the room. He played the recording back and I thought he was singing live again! That's how clear and true to life it is! Feature: Love the pad. Quality: Well made, feels "tough". Value: For the price do your self and your music a favor...GET ONE! Overall: Unless something "super" comes out this will be my studio standard for a long time. I intend to buy three more!

"One of the most amazing mics out there with a sound and a price most mics cannot match.....IM DEAD SERIOUS!!!" submitted May 4, 2008

Musical Background: Music Producer, Artist
Music Style: Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B
Sound: The AT3035 is incredible!! Nice warmth and the bass rolloff reserves the natural feel to the recording if you have it on (I leave it on). I have it hooked up to my MobilePre USB mic preamp [$150] and I record in the corner of my room fixed with 15 acoustic foam panels and a foam sheet from a couch/bed. I record on Cool Edit Pro and I assure you that my tracks sound like they were recorded in an actual recording studio at an intermediate level (Checkem out myspace.com/bigextrael). If you are SERIOUSLY looking for a mic that can produce REAL studio quality recordings at a low price, this is your best bet......I promise!!! Feature: The bass rolloff reserves the natural feel to the recording well (I like this feature) and the -10 Pad is very useful if you want loud recordings........nothing to complain about here. Ease of Use: Plug in and use. The switches for bass rolloff and -10 Pad are on the back of the mic when you need them. Quality: I like how it looks rugged but yet professional. I dropped it a few times and it still delivers sound how it did when I first got it..WELL!!! Value: Its a little pricy but I highly recommend it if you are just starting off in the recording world.....trust me. Manufacturer Support: Never needed them. The Wow Factor: Not really pretty but tt looks professional. Overall: Overall I give this mic a 10. Imma rapper/music producer and Im in love with this mic (not sexually). I definitely recommend this mic to everybody!!

Audio-Technica AT3035 Mic Customer Review submitted January 26, 2007

Musical Background: Rapping
Music Style: Rapping
Sound: A microphone that only costs 300$ its amazing. I bought this one after I bought the Audio Technica 30 35. Couldnt really tell the differance.. at all, even when my friends bought the 40 41 which is like 400 or 500$ they all sound the same. Feature: What features do you want? You sing and you can hear your self with no static depending on whats going on around you. Ease of Use: Just put it in the shock mount and sing. amazing. Quality: When I had my Audio Technica 30 35 I dropped it a few times, well the mic stand fell over. Nothing happend it sounded EXCATLY the same. The newer versions are even better with that, even tho I havent dropped it. The Wow Factor: When I started doing music (rap) back in 2002 I had a Shure. Then I bought the Audio Technica and ever since late 2003 thats all I will buy now. Amazing microphones! Overall: I couldnt ask for more.

Audio-Technica AT3035 Mic Customer Review submitted February 27, 2007

Sound: The AT3035 mic is amazing it puts your voice strate to your hardware and when you plaly back it sounds professional Feature: It's perfect as it is Ease of Use: You can make professional music out of this mic Quality: I am proud of owning this product Value: I would have paid 1000 dollar for this mic ,Its just the best . Manufacturer Support: It was a bit challenging Overall: This is it why would i look for other product i am satisfied.

"Nice mic for those who like it's sound." submitted February 13, 2007

By a customer from 37.com
Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: R$B/Hip Hop
Sound: The sound of this mic is a little below the average $200 quality to me. My $200 Studio Projects C1 & MXL mics sound way better. Feature: Very nice features Pads/Rolloffs Quality: Seems well made Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it The Wow Factor: Looks very good with features but sound quality is $99.00 mic quality Overall: Too dry

"I think the dude below me was trying the AT3035 out in his Ipod or Fender Twin !!" submitted November 16, 2006

Musical Background: I'm a Singer and Musician
Music Style: Rock and Jazz
Sound: I think the dude below was trying to plug the AT3035 mic into his Ipod . This is a super sounding mic on vocals,acoustic guitar and on overheads. It doesn't have a brittle treble sound like some of the other mics in it's price range. Feature: roll-off and pad !!

"Like recording with a loaf of wh ite bread." submitted April 28, 2006

By a customer from feathermultimedia.com
Overall
Musical Background: Not a musician, amateur film maker and needed a mic for narration
Music Style: Boring (new age)
Sound: I bought this to record narration, replacing a Shure SM58. It seems really dead and very bassy, even after rolling off the lows. Feature: Wish it had a warmer sound, perhaps a tube amp? Ease of Use: Mount is kind of cheap. Quality: Seems to be well built; haven't used it as a hammer yet, but otherwise, O.K. Value: With all the cheap mics from China, I got to wonder if there isn't something better out there. It doesn't sound any better than the Shure I had. Manufacturer Support: Not needed The Wow Factor: Not very exciting, not like the Blue Mics Overall: I am really losing interest in this kind of stuff, so it will probably be the last mic I own. It will stay in the box and go into my estate. Some guy will buy it for $5 at the garage sale. Just so you know, I took care of it and didn't abuse it. It will be a good buy.

When you call, mention priority code 12D8-QL32. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976