When you call, mention priority code 1733-J0M6

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica AT2041

Get your studio up and running with this high-quality, cost-effective mic pack from Audio-Technica.

"My Live Multitrack Recordings came alive!" submitted August 6, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of music, performing, recording, jamming.
Music Style: Classic Rock/ All styles
Sound: I bought two Audio Technice AT2020 and AT2021 studio packs to replace Sure SM 57 and SM58's I used in sound reinforcement, but ended up using the Shures for recording sessions on my digital multitrack recorers. Something was lacking in the sound of my prior recordings and I suspected the SM 57's and 58's as the primary suspects. I recorded a rock band several weeks prior with the old Shures, and then recorded the same band again using the Audio Technica 2020 and 2021 condencer, phantom powered mikes. I could not believe the difference in clarity and frequency response range, from lows to highs. I used the AT2021's as overheads on the drums to pick up the cymbals, and the larger AT2020's on the Marshall Amp cabs. The difference between the Audio Technica condencer mikes for recording was far superior than my old mike set up. I noticed at mixdown with these Audio Technica recording mikes that the flat signal recorded from each instrument needed very little EQ, if any, to sweaten up the mix. I liked them so well and they made so much difference on my digital multitrack recorder, that I bought two more Audio Technica Studio packages giving me now 4 AT2020's and 4 AT2021's; that's eight good phantom powered mikes for about $600 bucks, plus shipping. You can pay thousands to get mikes that rate 10, but you can't get better recording mikes for the money. Feature: The Audio Technica mikes are well made, feel solid, and work very well for digital multitrack recorders. A spider shock mount would be nice to come with these. Ease of Use: No problem using them, just make sure they are connected before you turn on the 48volt phantom power. You may want a tube preamp for recording vocals into your mixer/recorder, They work fine without additional preamps on musical instruments. Quality: The Audio Technica mikes were of top notch quality fit and finish, and worked well in live recording situations. Value: I have spent three times the cost of the pair of AT2020/AT2021's and basically wasted money on one mike that did not perform as well as these mikes. They are the big bang for the home digital studio buck. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with the company before. The Wow Factor: Good looking mike. Musicians commented, "Wow"! and were excited to record with them. Much better sounding recordings were made. Overall: I expect to be fully satisfied for a long time. These mikes improved my live recordings to professional quality sound, being much better matched to the sonic capability of my digital recorder, than my old Shures were.

"Gimme some more of this!!!" submitted November 16, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician. Home Recordist
Music Style: Rock, Experimental, Jam, Jazz
Sound: awesome. This mic can handle it all....acoustic, vocals...micing a guitar cab. Its definitely worth buying one. Ease of Use: very easy...just plug it in...duh... Quality: This was made well. Very sturdy. Great sound. Value: yes buy this mic. You will not be unsatisfied. As soon as I got it...I plugged in the two mics and then recorded myself strumming a few chords. Wow. Was I amazed at the sound and quality. Definitely worth buying...I know I said this already...but I want to reiterate this fact... Manufacturer Support: no...hopefully I never do... The Wow Factor: I dont really care how it looks...that doesnt do it for me.....its how good it sounds thats important. Although I wouldnt buy a pink microphone so please dont get the wrong idea...hahahahah

"Great stuff." submitted June 30, 2011

Musical Background: Independent Musician
Music Style: Rock and Acoustic
Sound: Great sound. Very easy to get a clean, hum-free recording, from both mics. Feature: Came with nice leather (faux-leather?) cases. Ease of Use: You plug it in, tweak a few settings on your mixer or what have you, and you're gold. Quality: Both mics feel very sturdy. Value: A huge amount of bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used any company support, though I did file for a rebate, and that has been an easy process (so far). The Wow Factor: The large-diaphragm mic is definitely sexy-looking. The smaller one is also pretty sleek. Overall: Fantastic product for an incredible price.

Audio-Technica AT2041 Customer Review submitted April 10, 2009

Musical Background: Recording Tech
Music Style: Gospel
Sound: We use 4 other higher end AT studio mics for our choir, which sounds good, but with these two added on, the congregation has praised the sound team for the crisper clarity improvement it's brought to the choir. Feature: No low or high switches to mess with simplicity is a factoid. Ease of Use: took only a few seconds to set the highs,lows, and mids. NO CRACKING noises. Value: Sure I could have spent less money on a similar mic, but you always get what you paid for. I nearly got perfection. The Wow Factor: Sure those shock mounts are nice but I didnt need them for my application.

When you call, mention priority code 1733-J0M6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976