When you call, mention priority code 175T-7WZR

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica AT2035

An unbeatable value in a cardioid large-diaphragm condenser, the AT2035 is your go-to mic for recording vocals, guitar amps, and more. Includes shockmount.

"You'll think you paid hundreds for this mic!" submitted December 8, 2009

By a customer from voxmaxaudio.net
Musical Background: Professional Voice Over Actor
Sound: Wow! That was the first word that came to mind after listening to this mic. I am a professional voice over artist, and I have recorded at some great studios with great mics like the vaunted Nuemann U87, Senny, 416 shotgun, AKG mics, etc., and I can safely say this one is in my top 3. I was ready to pull the trigger on an AT4033CL, however after reading that this one was very comparable and sounded as good as other mics costing upwards of $500, I bought the AT2035. I did not regret my decision. I paired it with a Presonous tube amp, and was blown away. Nice, crisp highs and mids, not muddy on the lows. Just colors my voice perfectly. If you want a sampling of what I have recorded, just visit www.voxmaxaudio.net. Thanks, Joseph Andrade Feature: Includes a -10 db switch as well a bass roll off switch. Also comes with a shock mount, and carrying pouch. Nice. Ease of Use: Just plug it in to your pre amp and get fantastic sound. Quality: This is a heavy, beautifully made mic. But then again all of Audio Technica's products are well made. Have not had a single problem with it. Value: This is where the AT2035 really shines. For the price you are going to pay for this mic, you swear it sounds like a $500 mic. Tremendous value. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed it yet. The Wow Factor: Looks and sounds great! Overall: This one is a keeper! Would replace it in a heart beat!

"Audio-Technica is now their own most-dangerous competitor!" submitted October 31, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist, etc
Music Style: Most styles
Sound: Oops! Audio-Technica may just have made all their other mics under $350 obsolete! ===================================================================== This mic is like a slightly-juiced AT3035 (which I also own), which was already a heck of a mic for the money and very underrated. The sound of the AT2035 is B-I-G, full and crystal-clear. Used with even a cheap preamp, set at proper levels, there is no harshness in the highs to my ears, even with no EQ. This is not a "German-sound" mic with extra "sheen";It is a simpler, "true-sounding" mic with little coloration and fine presence. It makes a quality, contrasting addition to a mic collection that already includes those popular & distinctive ADK, or Studio Projects-type "German-flavor" vocal mics. Compare this to one of AT's somewhat more expensive mics, and the results may surprise you. In my opinion, AT Corp has reason to fear a shootout between this mic and the ones they put out that I won't name in the $200-350 range. But do your own test if you can, and decide. Feature: The AT2035 has an effective shockmount. If you prefer to use it upside-down-style, just make sure it is pressed-in firmly. Somehow, even though the capsule is 24mm (as compared to the old AT3035's 26mm capsule), the sound is slightly "bigger" or "fuller". Just like the AT2020 model has an amazingly big sound for its 16mm capsule, the AT2035 has that characteristic even more. I suspect similar technology/structure/materials here. Obviously, some slight technical advance was made (to my ears). Ease of Use: Soft ballad singers who can sing very close-up to the mic without topping meters can sound gigantic--Like you are right in their throat! But even farther back, the mic still sounds big (hint: the closer you can sing to a studio mic without distortion, the "bigger" the voice sounds in the recording, due to proximity effect. Just use the AT2035 with a simple preamp, get the levels right (clear W/low-noise), and definitely use a pop-screen if doing vocals. This mic is best for vocals, various percussion, electric guitar cabs, and acoustic guitar close-miking. I haven't used it with wind instruments so I can't offer anything there. Quality: Seems solidly-made. Value: TOP-VALUE ITEM in its price range. I would even say...WOW. 1 of these and an ADK Vienna, and you are ready to deal with almost any vocalist, at any time. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: IMO, it is the current Tyrannosaus of studio condenser mics under $200. Overall: I expect lots of years of good use from this mic (for my modest demo/jam-studio), and many happy singers I have yet to meet, but will.
42 of 43 people (97.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Mic, Great Price, Great Sound!" submitted May 24, 2011

Seth from zZounds
Musical Background: Profesional Musician, Recording Engineer, Producer
Music Style: Anything
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: This is a fantastic microphone for the price range that it is in. The sound quality is very natural, nothing boosted, nothing attenuated. I used this microphone on a 4x12 guitar cabinet and got a very full and warm sound. On vocals, the at-2030 is great. Very clean and warm tone, nothing too pronounced and very easy to EQ and with such a flat response mic, compression works wonderfully on it. Feature: The shock mount included is very sturdy and fits the mic well. Ease of Use: The microphone was very easy to use: set it up, adjust the pre amp gain and hit record. Thats it. The 80hz low cut is very clean and retains the warmth of the mic. The -10db pad is also very useful on loud sources such as amps. Quality: The microphone has a very solid body and everything felt really well built. The shock mount that was included felt equally as sturdy and I never once winced at the thought of keeping the microphone in the shock mount for an extended period of time. Value: Like I said before the price you pay for the microphone does not reflect the quality you receive. For a value mic, there is none better. Manufacturer Support: Didnt need any support from the company. The Wow Factor: It's not the prettiest mic in the world, but it gets the job done. Overall: If I had $3400 to spend on a Neumann U87 there would no question BUT like most people I do not have that kind of budget. For the price this mic beats out many microphones in the $500-$700 range.

"You need this mic, several of them!" submitted February 22, 2011

Musical Background: Semi-Pro Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Just about any, primarily rock
Sound: What can I say that hasn't been said? This thing is incredible! And the fact you can get it cheaper than the 2020 which has a smaller diaphragm is simply amazing. I'll put it this way, I've tried a lot of Chinese sourced mics costing as much as $500. This mic DOES NOT have that brittle high end so many Chinese mics have. It is basically flat all the way across. What goes in is what comes out. It works quite well with my Studio Projects VBT1, but when run through my Saffire Pro 40, it simply sounds amazing! I have two and would gladly by more but I'm waiting for my AT 2050 to arrive. Feature: A pad and a bass roll-off and the sound for $95 bucks....I can't think of another mic out there for under $400 that even comes close! Ease of Use: Plug it in, turn it up, and go! Quality: Built like a tank and certain to last a long time as all AT mics seem to. The two I have are essentially identical in sound at identical pre amp settings... Value: There is simply nothing that comes close for anywhere near the money. The Wow Factor: It looks great! Overall: A long, long time!

"A great sounding large-diaphram condenser mic for a very reasonable price." submitted January 9, 2011

Music Style: Gypsy Jazz, Swing
Sound: This is a great mic for the price. I use it on acoustic guitar and vocals for recording my swing group. It has a very open and natural sound. I've also used it live to mic violin (great sound) and clarinet (good sound). I did not give it a 10 because there may be something else better out there. Feature: The only thing I wish it had is a switchable pickup pattern. What do you expect for a mic under $200? Ease of Use: Sounds great with practically no EQ or processing. Quality: No problems so far. I've had one for about a year. Value: This is the most mic for the money I have seen in a large diaphram mic. Manufacturer Support: I haven't used their support. The Wow Factor: It looks nice, but that is not that important. Overall: I will probably add more mic's to my collection, but I don't foresee retiring this one any time soon.

"The amazing AT2035" submitted June 26, 2012

By Anggi Prasanti in Boston, NA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for as long as i could remember, I play guitar,piano,ukulele,drum
Music Style: pop,R&B,soul
Overall: This microphone is splendid! My previous microphone got a lot of buzzing and static noise on the background and yet my voice isnt loud enough and it cost $130. but this one has a clear sound with a little low background noise. My voice sounded So clear yet this is just a $140 microphone. The built material is really sturdy and doesnt feel cheap at all. the problems that i experience this is the shockmount that isnt really decreasing the vibration from my mic stand. but isnt a big deal and this is Unbelievable for the price!

"Absolutely perfect for it's value!" submitted March 27, 2014

By Dylan F in Queens, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music since I was in the 3rd grade, self-taught guitar since I was 18, and never stopped since.
Music Style: A mix of everything, it seems.
Overall: After reading a lot positive reviews on this microphone, I decided to buy it since I wanted to put together a small home studio setup in my bedroom, all connected to my laptop. After having minor issues (all of which were on my end, like forgetting to buy a phantom power piece and an extra XLR cable) I finally got everything set up and was completely blown away by how sweet it sounds. I meant to give the sound rating a 5, but couldn't change it :( But overall, the sound is absolutely amazing and it definitely is worth it with a small budget! (Spent approx. $200 for the whole setup including the stand)

"Thank you ZZOUNDS!" submitted December 15, 2008

By a customer from yaoo.com
Music Style: Heavy Metal, Rock, and Alternative
Sound: The sound quality is great, I would like to buy another set pretty soon...Also, I was amazed by this mic, the first time I used it in my room I could hear my aunt chopping vegetables in the kitchen 2 rooms away... Feature: It comes with a shock mount and a protective case and I could not ask for anything else Ease of Use: I had trouble powering it at first because I didn't know it needed phantom power so I went ahead and bout a simple mixer which works great and after that I never had problems with it. Also this mic works well with my acoustic guitar, it picks up me singing and also the clean sound of my guitar... Quality: This Mic is Outstanding! Hands Down! Value: A great mic at a cheap price... You could not ask for more... Trust me... Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it, but I'm sure they are very helpful. The Wow Factor: This thing is a sexy beast... I can't stop using it! It really helped me on my vocals! Overall: I recommend this mic to everyone who are just starting out... I guarantee that you wont be dissapointed

"Great mic for the home studio" submitted January 4, 2011

Musical Background: Been playing bass and recording for over 40 years
Music Style: Classical, jazz, folk, bluegrass
Sound: Good sound for an inexpensive mic. Different than my Rode NT1A mics, but a good different. Feature: The shock mount works well. The additon of the pad and roll off are great features on a mic in this price range. Ease of Use: Plug it in and start recording. Quality: The AT2035 is rugged and well made. I would feel confident using this mic is live settings. Value: I paid $95 for this mic. The mic has great sound and is very quiet. Excellent value. A great choice for a home studio. Overall: This is a great little mic. It is not much of a contender when compared to Neumann U87, bt in the budget mic category you can't go wrong with an AT2035.

"Singer" submitted June 2, 2014

By Leopoldo Reynaga in McAllen, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Drums , guitar and singer.
Music Style: all kinds of music.
Overall: Awesome Awesome Awesome That's all I can say.

"a very satisfied costumer of audio technica!" submitted January 7, 2010

Musical Background: Recording Artist, Producer, Songwriter, owner of a Studio
Music Style: Hip Hop/R&B
Sound: i cant belive i pay that price for this mic. sound clear, clean and very natural, its amazing, all the people that heard my new recordings with this mic say that sounds awsome Feature: Audio Technica cares about his costumers, this mic comes with a great Shock mount and a protective pouch. the shock mount its very usefull and it looks great the protective pouch its very good to but i will not keep my mic there. i want to show everybody what we are talking about couse theres not a loot of pics of the audiotechnica at2035 on internet so this are a few photos that i take http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/DjSairu/DSC04218.jpg http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/DjSairu/DSC04222.jpg http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/DjSairu/DSC04223.jpg http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/DjSairu/DSC04227.jpg http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/DjSairu/DSC04228.jpg http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/DjSairu/DSC04231.jpg http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/DjSairu/DSC04225.jpg Ease of Use: its very simple like everyother mic, i connected to my pream and its ready to record! simply as that Quality: it looks very solid, the quality of the mic its very good, i feel i can knock out someone with this mic and still working. Value: if this mic was for $500 i think it will be a fair price, i mean u cant be wrong whit audio technica, everybody loves at2020 and this is even a better mic Manufacturer Support: i never need it but i guess its great The Wow Factor: when i first look this mic i know this is the one i was gonna order. it looks a loot better than other mics. Overall: im a satisfied costumer of audio technica, i think its a great company, and this mic its the best!! for the price u cant find anything better meaby the mxl are good to (i dont know) but u cant go wrong with the audio technica i honestly recomend this produc to anyone, from beginners to pro's this is the mic you want, trust me!!

When you call, mention priority code 175T-7WZR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976