When you call, mention priority code 20B-Y0NZ

Rating and Reviews: Audio-Technica AT2020 Mic

Recording vocals at home? Here's your affordable large-diaphragm condenser mic. And with SPL handling up to 144 dB, the AT2020 is a natural on loud sources.

Overall

"A quality, inexpensive condenser mic for your home recording rig" submitted November 8, 2011

Musical Background: Professional Vocalist, Home Recordist
Music Style: Singer Songwriter
Sound: This is a great sounding entry level mic. To get the most out of this mic, you need to turn up the pre on your channel strip until you can hear yourself breathing in the cans, and step back so you are between 1 and 2 feet away from the mic. you have to keep a distance. use a pop filter if it helps you to remember. If you are right on top of the mic, even at lower gain levels, you will experience problems. This mic will pick up subtle nuances that you didn't even realize were present in the performance. It will also make you keenly aware of noise in the environment. Quality: If you are even involved in a deathmatch on an alien world, and you have to choose just one microphone with which to bludgeon an alien creature into a green paste; the AT2020 is the one you should choose. It's heavy, it's quite sturdy, and it'll only cost you around a hundo to replace it - so it doesn't raise your blood pressure every time it comes out of the case. Build quality aside, if you are reading this you're probably wondering if the mic is any good. This is an excellent recording microphone, but it's not going to work as well for live performances. Get yourself a Shure SM58 for that. The mic does a good job of rejecting sounds coming from behind the mic - a good feature when you're trying to bring in as little extraneous noise as possible. Value: You're really getting a lot of value for your cash with this one. The Wow Factor: The mic just looks great, and has a pleasing heft. Overall: If you are looking at this mic you are probably just getting started in home recording, and wondering if it's worth the $100. You don't want to spend a lot of money, but you don't want to end up with a completely useless piece of junk. I purchased this microphone about 5 years ago, for more than twice what it's selling for here - and I've never once regretted it. There are better microphones out there, but you're not going to find them at this pricepoint. There are cheaper microphones out there, but they don't come close in terms of quality. For the starting recordist, this microphone offers tremendous bang for the buck.
75 of 78 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"great great great" submitted October 18, 2008

By a customer from netmadeira.com
Overall
Musical Background: Lead singer of rock band, producer of the same for more than 15 years
Music Style: rock alternative progressive
Sound: It sounds really good, at this price range i dont believe there is any other that can beat the at2020, sounds very clear, havent tested with instruments cause i'm a lead singer of a rock band, and i bought it just for recording vocals, but still i'll try it next rehearsal. it looks as good as it sounds. Feature: got tell you, the one thing i really dont like is the mic suport for the stand that comes with it, this product deservs shock mount, or at least a small case for safe keeping, other than that it's a very simple straight forward mic Ease of Use: just plug in to phantom powered source and rock on. Quality: at this price, wow, it's really good, it looks very sexy, well builted, rubst, great design, it stands out in our studio, it sounds fantastic. Value: again, in this price range, the best Manufacturer Support: dindt really need support The Wow Factor: very sexy very appealing, it seems ultra professional. Overall: for now this complements my colection of Shure and AKG dynamic microphones, and i hope that i'll never had the need to buy any other. this will do for now, and i feel that it will work for a long time.

"Good mic for the price!!" submitted May 3, 2005

By a customer from taconic.net
Musical Background: Musician, Engineer
Music Style: Folk, Folk Rock, Soft Rock, Classic Rock, & Country
Sound: This mic sounds good for the price. Overall it does capture the true sound of vocals and acoustic guitars. Haven't tried micing any cabs yet but I'm confident it'll get the job done. Has a tendancy to be heavy on the bass end but this was easily fixed by changing the position until I found the sweet spot. Feature: Stand adapter and vinyl storage pouch is included. Quality: Built extremely well. Rugged and durable. Even the stand adapter is quite impressive... Value: Definitely worth every cent. For under $100.00 bucks ya can't go wrong! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them thus far so I remain neutral. Overall: I'll keep it forever! Can never have to many mics...
29 of 31 people (93.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BEAUTIFUL SOUND IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!" submitted October 28, 2010

By a customer from us.army.mil
Musical Background: Recording engineer
Music Style: All
Sound: sound quality is great, i was reading over ratings and noticed they said it sounded muffled, it was most likely because they had the mic backwards. this mic actually has a front and back to it. so make sure u are pointing it in the right direction and you will not have a problem. it labeled on the mic itself. other than that, sounds fantastic and clear.picks up everything so make sure you do use it in a booth. when i first got this mic i used it in my closet and picked up my neighbors talking. Quality: very well built, had mine going on 4 years. took it on an overseas tour, and still work great. this mic has been through alot and sounds Exactly the same way when i bought. so you WILL not have to worry about this bad boy getting damaged at all. this mic has seen war. Value: This is unbeatable for the price, i have dealt with other mics and i would have to say that this mic is worth alot more than what its priced. The Wow Factor: VERY VERY SEXY, has a nice wieght to it also. i own it. Overall: overall it's a very good mic for its price and recommend any that wants that great sound and feel to their vocals to get this mic. "NOTE FOR BEGINNERS" just cuz a mic sounds good doesnt mean you do not have to put eq on it.
26 of 28 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best microphone for Home Studios!" submitted December 3, 2007

By a customer from aim.com
Overall
Musical Background: I record and produce music.
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B
Sound: This microphone gave me the best experience I could've hoped for. It was way better than I thought it would be. My friend owns a more expensive mic and still my AT2020 gives better quallity. With the right settings on your preamp and/or interface, this will give you a great bang for your buck. Feature: When I bought the AT2020, it came with an AT2021 microphone. Still good quallity but it wasn't as great in my opinion. Ease of Use: It's so easy to start up. I have it set up in my room (I record in my closet). Just hook the microphone up to the preamp. My set-up is Microphone>PreAmp>M-Audio Fast Track Interface (USB)> Computer and Whala! Quality: Hands down top of the line quallity. I don't have a professional studio but this microphone gives my music a professional sound. Value: It's very much worth the price Manufacturer Support: Yes. The Wow Factor: Just the look of it says "perfection". Overall: I'm going to use this microphone until it dies.

"Surprisingly good" submitted January 28, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Perpetually struggling guitarist, hobbyest engineer, digital archievist
Music Style: all
Sound: This is a great mic. Absolutley great. For $100 (and mine came with a free set of really nice headphones)it is an amazing value. This mic is powerful loud, watch your levels. Like all good mics, feedback needs to be contained, I am not able to go open mic with monitors on in my garage studio so untill I build a proper studio I am limited to headphone monitoring. This mic picks up everything, including the faint dim of the neighbors washing machine. Really nice, you won't be dissapointed. I use 2 of these back to back to record middle school vocal groups, the singers postioned in 2 opposing semi-circles. All vocals are clean and loud. By the way, take a look at Shure web site for suggestions on mic techniques, I find it really helpful. Quality: I accidentlty dropped it on a concrete floor, no harm no foul but not a good idea.
34 of 37 people (91.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great mic that makes me money" submitted October 14, 2012

By Dave Crosier in Lynchburg, VA
Overall
Overall: This is an awesome mic for the price. I use mine for professional commercial voice-overs. Teamed with a dbx286 channel strip, I get really clean recordings that fit my voice just right. You will need a pop filter and a quiet recording space, this little guy is sensitive and will pick up any room or ambient noise. I love it and see no reason to replace it with a more expensive model, as it works so well for what I do.

"Can't miss with this baby! If your music is made to sound good, it will sound good with this mic!" submitted June 28, 2010

By prefontaineetcie"videotron.ca
Musical Background: pro
Music Style: anything
Sound: I work in a comercial studio. I bought the mic for doing stuff at home. I wanted to try it out in a real gig. I did a radio spot with it, using it on the voice-over and it did fine. I recorded accoustic guitar with it also and it did good there also. This little mic has a sound you can trust. The smaller capsule doesn't produce a too edgy sound. It is in fact quite smooth and pleasing. I'm used to tracking with a Neumann m149 wich is about 50 times more expensive. Of course, the Neumann sounds more articulate and alive... But the AT2020 gave a pleasing, easy to mix source with controled bass and smooth highs. With a good pre, this little trooper can replace an expensive mic without anybody (an add agency in this case) noticing a difference. No joke! To close, let's just say that if it doesn't sound good, it won't be cause of this mic. Love it! Feature: I gave 6. I could have given 8 or 2 for that matter. Sure, it could have had a 10db pad, a HP switch, selectable patterns... Who cares! You put it up and it sounds great and at 100$ a pop that is a hell of a feature! Ease of Use: doesn't apply Quality: For the price? Great. Value: Wow! Manufacturer Support: doesn't apply The Wow Factor: good sound is sexy Overall: I'm keeping this baby, and for all the projects I do at home, it more that qualifies! A small studio can produce pro quality with a mic like this.

"Enormous BANG for the buck." submitted August 2, 2016

By Steve Schreiber in Binghamton, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Jamming live since to 60's Audio/Midi studio recording and sequencing since mid 80's
Music Style: Rock, Hip-Hop, Country, Blues, Jazz, etc, I like to say that I have no style other than, "Doing the Best I Can" with the people
Overall: After a week of putting it through the all paces recording a wide variety of applications, I am extremely pleased and impressed with the performance and versatility of the AT2020. It performed well with a variety of different vocalists and acoustic guitars with and without being plugged into my favorite, the Focusrite ISA 1 preamp, as well as being plugged directly into a Presonus Audiobox 44 VSL with little to no EQ treatments. And it really SHINED placed properly in front of my Fender(s), Marshall, and Line 6 electric guitar amp cabinets. And being I’m a firm believer in there’s no such thing as a silver bullet “One size fits all” mic, that’s a lot to say about any mic at any price. Keeping in mind this is an ultra-cheap a no frills studio quality mic, Audio Technica has kept the price down simply by offering a straight forward fixed cardioid large diaphragm condenser mic, with no switching for pads or polar patterns, being it can handle a whopping 144db SPL, there doesn’t seem to be any compromise in sound quality with the proper mic placement.Last but not least, THANK YOU zZounds, your services and shipping are not only second to none, they are at the standard at which I judge ALL others by, I’m SMIL’IN! :o)

"A CD-Quality sounding mic for $99??? You better buy this!!!....really..." submitted September 10, 2007

Musical Background: Musician, Music Producer
Music Style: Rap
Sound: I was reading other people's reviews and i decided to purchase this product. I must say that it sounds really good!! I compared it to ME's V57M and it annihilates it by far. I use it only for vocals (so far) and my recording comes out clean!! I have it connected to my M-Audio MobilePre USB device ($149.95 on this site) along with using my SE Electronics Reflexion Filter (about $299 on this site). Plus you don't really need a shock mount for it (if they offered one for it, it would be a plus). I was surprised by how much this mic can do....in my room!!! Overall, using the right equipment and using the mic right, it sounds professional. This is a condenser mic so you will need to have 48v Phantom Supply for it, make a booth or buy a reflection filter from this site or else your sound will be garbage. Feature: Well....as far as features go....The clip mount it comes with only allows you to hook it up on certain mic stands. The reason for this is because the stand's pipe end you screw it on has to be relatively smaller than some stage mic stands or others. Other than this its nice and sturdy and has a firm joint for when you bend it to position your mic however you want it. Ease of Use: Just plug it in and play really!! Quality: It's nice and sturdy, built like an ox made outta metal!! It's the complete opposite of fragile. Im sure this mic will last atleast 15 years or so. Value: For the value, this is absolutely the best buy for your home studio!!! $100 for CD-quality sound.....are you serious??!!! This is a steal!!!! Manufacturer Support: Im rating it 10 but dont follow this rating because I never did need support.....atleast not yet. The Wow Factor: I love the way it looks!! Not to big or too small....nice texture, finish, and design......Not flat-like....its beautiful!! Overall: This product is a absolute must-have!! Forget about buying expensive mics and get this one.....you wont regret it. I see more AT mics getting their way into my home/studio. Believe this review and forget the others because Im telling you the realness!!

"Great for the value!" submitted January 12, 2009

Musical Background: VO recorder
Sound: I was 100% happy with this product. I use this for doing VO recording for animation at home or in an office and it gives great quality sound. I actually needed a second mic at one point so I bought the AT 4040 which coste $150 more, and I prefer this one. Feature: A bit of an amateur so I'm using this witht the Lambda Lexicon preamp and it works great. Ease of Use: extremely easy to set up and use with preamp. Quality: I've had this for about 2 years and it's still working great. Value: Like I said, I think it works as well or better than other mics that cost much more. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use support so far. The Wow Factor: Its works great and its cheap. Overall: See first comments

Audio-Technica AT2020 Mic Customer Review submitted April 28, 2006

By a customer from mit.edu
Music Style: Flamenco, Classical
Sound: AT2020 sounds very good on classical and acoustic guitar and vocals. Decent sound on shakers but would not be my first choice for them. Vocals have almost no proximity effect with this mic, but guitar gets it quite strong. You have to be careful about mic technique and roloff the base using an EQ since it has no bass-roloff switch. Noise is around 20dB as advertised. This is OK for a home studio mic. Feature: Nice pouch; comes w/o shockmount which is a minus. Also you can't buy one since the optional shock mount AT offers costs $75, i.e 3/4 the price of the mic. I find this ridiculous. Quality: Rugged and well built. Meets and exceeds the flat frequency response in the specs (picks up to 22kHz). A word of caution for studio pros is that with a 16-mm diaphragm this is not a real large-diaprhagm mic. It shares the same diaphragm with AT2021 small-diaphragm mic, it's just mounted in a cylindrical box commonly used for large-diaphragm condensers. Again, it sounds great, but I am not so sure I would have bought it if I knew this before. On the other hand the smaller diaphragm makes the mic suitable for close miking (6-8"), at larger distance doesn't sound as good, but for home studio this is a plus since you avoid the acoustic coloration of untreated recording rooms. In my case this is a plus. Value: Good for home studios. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them

"GET IT!" submitted November 5, 2007

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: engineer
Sound: Very clean, very clear. I got it with the instrument mic package deal. If you have a budget but you need a mic that sounds WAY past it's price range this is the one... Feature: Large-diaphragm, cardioid condenser. Ease of Use: Simple... if you know how to use your interface. Quality: Tough mic, i could throw it at a wall five times, plug it in and make rad vocal recordings... Value: For the money it doesnt get better... at least I dont think... Manufacturer Support: never dealt with The Wow Factor: very sexy mic Overall: For the money its the best...

"just get one" submitted April 19, 2007

By a customer from yahoo.ca
Overall
Musical Background: professional guitarist and recording artist
Music Style: acoustic rock, solo guitar instrumentals, session work
Sound: best acoustic guitar mic you can get for under $400. at around $100 it's a steal, get a pair for $200, then buy more mic stands, cables, and other toys for the rest of your change. I use it professionally and it works great and almost every guitar I've recorded, better than cheap competition like the SP B1 and other LDC mics, since the 2020 is SDC it handles transients better and has less bass build up from the sound hole, much much more even guitar pickup, very complimentary, and GREAT rear and side rejection. Feature: it's a mic, it works great, wish they threw in a shockmount. that would make it a 10. Ease of Use: easier to place for acoustic guitar than most other mics. all positions works well, 12th fret aimed at sound hole is amazing though. Quality: better built than any competing manufacturers of cheap mics, and as well built as a way more expensive AT4050, one of the more common pro studio mics you can get from the same company. Value: best deal going for an acoustic guitar mic, good for other uses as well. Manufacturer Support: no problems, no support issues, so it's a 10. The Wow Factor: fairly sexy mic for the money, way better built than apex, nady, mxl, or other chinese mics. Overall: just get one.

"Great mic, even better price" submitted January 24, 2006

By a customer from optonline.net
Overall
Musical Background: current recording engineer student
Music Style: Alt, Rock, and pretty much whatever
Sound: awesome sound. picks up as much as you throw at it and then some. i record vocals mainly with this, but i have done a few acoustic guitar sessions as well. great sound. my only small complaint is how, imo, it picks up a tad too much higher end, but with some slight EQ, you can make this sound incredible (for the price, that is) Feature: nice little pouch and great stand adapter Quality: this things a rock Value: for under $100???? BUY THIS Manufacturer Support: never had to use it The Wow Factor: whats not to like? looks beautiful up on its stand. a great addition to my set up. Overall: buy this thing. like the other guy said, you can never have too many mics, and this is a perfect addition to anyones studio. the sound is great, and im sure this thing will never break. for under $100, you can't miss

"WOW!" submitted April 5, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: have been a hobbyist
Music Style: Folk, Acoustic
Sound: I have only owned dynamic mikes until now. Wow, for my purposes-recording an acoustic guitar and vocals-this mike is awesome. Only rated a 9 because I am sure that their are better sounding mikes, but super as far as I am concerned. Feature: The adapter is fine. I had trouble figuring out the proper size. The standard adapter comes with an insert to reduce its diameter. Needed to unscrew it to increase opening size and I was good to go. Took me a few to realize as the paperwork that came with the mike didn't point out the adapter within an adapter. Others have stated that they wish that it had come with a shock-mount. So far for me, no problems Ease of Use: Plug into preamp and you are good to go. Yet, see comment above about adapter. Quality: solid as a rock Value: incredible bang for the buck Manufacturer Support: haven't needed it, but had to give a number...lol Overall: Solid and sounds great, all for an incredibly low price

"Quality Microphone" submitted January 14, 2013

By a customer from yabba.com
Overall
Overall: I'll be brief: This microphone is top quality and phenomenal value for money. The only downside was the stand. I only use my mic for about 2-3 days per month, so I disassemble it and reassemble it after these sessions. I've only had the mic for about 4 months and already the stand has fallen apart; the thread used to hold the microphone is totally ineffective.

"zZounds.com is getting my bussiness " submitted August 30, 2012

By Paul Bolin in Beattyville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I;ve been Rocking for over 30 yrs. . I play Guitar, Bass & Drums . Just recently got into the world of Digital Audio Workstation
Music Style: I enjoy playing / recording Blues to the threat of Thrash and Christian Music .
Overall: I ordered a (Blemished) Audio-Technica AT2020 Condenser Mic for my home studio. It arrived arrived in 2 days but was found to be bad when tested (High noise floor w/ low output). I was pretty upset but only momentarily because when I contacted zZounds they apologized and sent a pre-paid UPS return ticket telling me they would ship a brand new Mic out. I re-boxed the bad Mic, dropped the box off down the street and 2 days latter I was enjoying my Brand Spanking New Microphone. It's been a great experience dealing w/ zZounds.com. I got a new Mic for almost half price.

"Excellent Mic" submitted June 24, 2013

Overall
Overall: Very surprised at the crispness of the mic.

"WORTH IT" submitted June 2, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician Studio Engineer
Music Style: Jazz Blues Contemporary Christian
Sound: The sound of this mic is commendable at its price. It is a bit crisp on the high end, but that is what you get with a mic priced this low. For a home studio I would fully recommend this mic. Feature: Its a mic. Thats it. Thats all it should be Quality: It would have been bettwer with a shock mount than the clip they sent

"Can't get more bang for less than $100!" submitted February 22, 2006

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Sound: For the price, you can't beat it. Ease of Use: It's a studio mic! It's a no-brainer! Value: For $99 you can't beat it! It's a great mic for normal use. If I'm looking for superior sound quality I'll go with a much better model. The sound reproduction though is clear. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to contact their support so I can't comment. The Wow Factor: Sweet! I'd definitely buy it again if I needed another studio mic. Overall: I'll keep it until something goes wrong, but I think it'll last a while.

"Great sound when paired good preamp" submitted November 11, 2011

Overall
Music Style: progressive rock, ambient, radio headish
Sound: I bought this Mic for guitar amps.....it sucks....so much so I was about to return it. Then I decided I would try singing into it... Wow....I was blown awsy. The clarity edge definition very good. Gave my voice a surreaL sound...better than my beta58, my AT handheld condensor, my adk s7b, am57, beta87a.....and so on.....I am really surprised. I did only run it through a presonus tube channel strip though. Feature: No highpass filter no -10db too omnidirectional...... Ease of Use: A little low end boost a little .mid boost, a little high end cut, a pop filter, boom! Quality: Ehhh we'll see.... Value: If you want to spend 500 on Mic and pre for vocals you would be hard pressed to find a better combo than this Mic and presonus tube channel. Gotta get a nice preamp too compress eq and get some tube warmth too really get it going but hey its unbelievable when you do. Manufacturer Support: Dunno Overall: It's a good Mic....there's probably better but for 100 budget Mic its pretty good!

"Great product but incompatible with windows 7 and probably others" submitted January 27, 2013

By Nancy S in New York, NY
Musical Background: Recording artist and musician
Music Style: pop, Rock. Classical
Overall: The mic worked for awhile but caused computer crash. I bought it at Guitar city on W.14th St. NYC. who advised me that it was compatible with windows 7. they would not let me return it for "hygienic" reasons. I'm still trying to find a use for this mic but feel I've been "rooked" What else doesn't it function with. By the way the computer was ruined.

Audio-Technica AT2020 Mic Customer Review submitted October 23, 2009

Overall
Sound: I play a 3/4 upright 1948 Kay bass and the sound is perfect. Just like the bass sounds like . I have played with other mics but the sound was not there. When i bought the mic I was worried the I heard it . WOW!!!!!!!!. Just wish I had another.perfect mic thanks so much Jeff Feature: yes

"It gets tha job done" submitted April 1, 2009

Music Style: Everything
Sound: I cant afford no $300 mic, so bought this and I was shocked with the sound. I like this one alot, you can not expect this to sound an Sony C800, but its good tho.

"Make sure you know what you want...and trust the sales staff from where you buy it." submitted February 27, 2009

Overall
Sound: I am not a professional, so maybe I'm outta my league on a review and I just don't know what I'm talking about. I paid $150.00 for my AT2020, and although it is a better clearer sound than the less expensive condenser mic I have, To me the sound is still a bit muffled, And of course the Decibal range isn't quite what I would like it to be, if you sing a little too loud you still get the slight distortion, although not near as much as a regular old cheap mic. Still not sure I'm happy with it, I'm wondering if i can't actually get something even better for $150, since it seems most people only paid $100 for their AT2020. I'm undecided. Feature: I do like the sturdiness, feels durable. Ease of Use: very easy, I didn't need anything but a usb port on my regular desktop comp. Value: I think I got jipped Overall: Explained above. I've only had it 2 days and looking to return it for something that might just sound a little better. I use it for singing, but not professianlly. I do it as a hobby.

Audio-Technica AT2020 Mic Customer Review submitted September 13, 2008

Overall
Sound: does it really get better than this? Feature: came with a pouch and a mic stand mount... i wish it came with a shockmount but i cant complain cuz the mic sounds like its worth 300$ anyways lol..u can get one from the same company for like 50 bucks Ease of Use: just plugged it in Quality: i dropped it a couple of times on a hard wood floor and it still works Value: are they really giving these away this cheap? Manufacturer Support: dont need it The Wow Factor: very sleek and sexy Overall: overall im very satisfied with this mic ive owned one other by samson and this blows it away..

"This microphone is sexy and it sounds great. If you want to know how this microphone just go on my musik page. www.myspace.com/c" submitted April 16, 2008

Overall
Sound: This microphone is great for a beginners. The quality is great as long you have the right stuff and know what you doin. For what i use the mic is sounds awesome couldn't ask for a better mic. I heard some good microphones like the akg but AT by far has a more crips sound. Feature: The Microphone has no flaws. Ease of Use: Is pretty simple how to get this mic going is a microphone. Quality: Its a great microphone. I bring in alot of artist and they all tend to sound nice on it. I've had it for like 4 months and it still rocking with me and it has taken a couple hits. Value: Its a great mic cuz i know the microphone is worth alot more than what you paid for. Manufacturer Support: Never had to call. The Wow Factor: Its sexy and is black. Overall: I have a studio so i keep buying better stuff and higher end prices but this mic is has a certain pitch that others don't.

Audio-Technica AT2020 Mic Customer Review submitted February 11, 2008

Overall
Sound: The sound is perfect, very clear and sounds just like a real expensive condensor mic! MAKE SURE YOU GET A POP FILTER. HELPS OUT A LOT! Feature: Yea accessories are ok. Just wish it had a shockmount with it. Ease of Use: The use of this product is amazing. Quality: The quality seems almost perfect. Just I know there is better so I gave it a 9. Make sure you get a pop filter. Value: This mic is the best value for your money by far. You will be happy. Manufacturer Support: Support can not be any better. The Wow Factor: This item looks wonderful on the stand with a pop filter. Overall: This product was prob the best mic I could have got for my money. I would want this mic for a long time. It is wonderful.

"Get one." submitted January 14, 2008

Overall
Sound: Really clear sound. I really love the sound quality of this mic, especially for its affordability. Feature: It would be great if it came with a shock-mount, rather than just a regular plastic mount. Otherwise, it just came with the mic and the case. It does the job. The mic is very plug-and-play, so not much else was needed. Ease of Use: Plug and play! Super easy. Quality: Considering the price, I'd buy 7 of these. I only need 1 or 2, and if i'm spending 700, i ought to get a good one. Oh well. It's solid. I'm sure it could be thrown on the floor and not be damaged. Easily as strong as an SM58. Value: Amazing. This is only 40 bucks more than my old condensor (cheap Apex435) and it's leaps and bounds above the old one. Super improvement, for so little cash. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with it, so that's a good sign. The Wow Factor: Sexy. Black. Phallic. Good. Overall: Get one.

"you wll not regret buying one!" submitted April 21, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist, producer and composer
Music Style: Eighty (high energy) dance music
Sound: I was really impressed. I work with condensers of Rode and the dynamic mics of Shure.This was the first time I was using an Audio Technica and I think more mics of this brand will follow in my studio. The AT2020 gives a neutral rich but still a warm sound and could be used for a large scale of vocals. If you are looking for a reliable and great sounding condenser mic extra, you have found a great bargain. Feature: For the price, there are not much accessoires included. A spider shockmount could be desireable. Ease of Use: Plug it in on a mixing console with 48 v phantom power and you can record. I use this mic on my Allen and Heath mixing console, and it sounds fantastic. Quality: The solid and rugged body gives the mic expensive looks. this makes it also a reliablemic for on the road. Value: No comments, just buy oneand use it, you wont regret it. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with the company. Overall: If AT stays delivering this kind of quality products, I will probably buy more.

Audio-Technica AT2020 Mic Customer Review submitted February 7, 2007

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Active musician, live sound engineer, hobbyist/home studio
Music Style: International folk music
Sound: I use these for live sound with international folk musicians and they are by far the best sounding vocal mikes I've used for the price, especially for vocalists that don't have as much on the high end. They're good for some folk instruments as well, and handle high SPL's almost as well as dynamics. I'm getting two more to take the place of a couple more of my SM58's. Feature: Wish these had an acoustic isolation mount that fit them. Ease of Use: Couldn't be easier with a phantom power mixer, and the sound quality responds well to the input EQ's. As with most phantom-power condensers, though, an XLR cable with an open wire will allow a little signal through on the ground shield, so if you're used to dynamics, you might not catch a bad cable. (Got bitten by that myself, but if anything, it's a case of the mike working a little *too* well.) Quality: Fit and finish are decent, good for home studio/light stage use. I wouldn't use these for a high volume rock band, they're a little delicate for that kind of work, but they're great for acoustic or folk music. The mounts are rock solid and work well with boom stands, and setup/takedown is quick and easy. Value: Well worth it for the price. I'm getting more of them because they're good condensers.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-Y0NZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976