When you call, mention priority code 1644-HH13

Rating and Reviews: Auralex MoPAD Iso Pad

Prevent the interference of resonant frequencies and improve the accuracy of your monitors with MoPAD Isolation Pads.

"Great for your monitors!" submitted February 20, 2013

By Thomas Barnes in Reno, NV
Overall
Musical Background: Been engineering professionally for over 5 years, producing/making beats for 8 years, been writing for over 13 years!
Music Style: hip hop, rnb, heavy metal
Overall: I have the BIG KRK 10's (3 way monitors) these things are 55lbs each speaker! The bass is crazy loud which has tons of vibration! I have these monitors on my workstation desk of course (they don't fit on stands) and without the pads things on the desk hop around..For example, if I set a water bottle on the desk without the foam pads, that water bottle falls over, no joke. With the foam pads, the water inside the water bottle doesn't even shake! I had fun with this, almost like the termpur pedic bed things with the wine glass! Overall, these are great..A bit pricey considering you can buy a block of foam from thefoamfactory.com for only $20 and cut it yourself but hey, if you want to spend the money on these it is worth it! I suggest these to anyone with large monitors/sub woofers! It also helps with the sound, everyone knows vibration kills your audio! Get these, you won't be dissapointed! Visit my youtube channel for reviews, I will have a video on these very soon! youtube.com/bonezproductionz

"An effective, but pricey, solution to monitor isolation" submitted August 15, 2005

By a customer from jhu.edu
Musical Background: Amateur musician (saxophone), and composer
Music Style: Jazz, Electronic, Classical, etc...
Sound: This, for me, is the most important part of the review. The quality of the sound is why we pay money for these products. I am pleased to say that the MoPads made a big difference immediately upon placing my studio monitors upon them. The most noticeable difference came in the decoupling of the speakers from the desk upon which they had been resting. The desk was causing reinforcement of the vibrations at certain frequencies (especially bass frequencies) and just generally rattling. The MoPads stopped almost all coupling to the desk, except at the lowest frequencies (I'd say below 100 Hz by ear). The desk no longer vibrates, buzzes, or reinforces vibrations and the result is much crisper cymbals, clearer mids, and no more boomy bass. Of course, I still get boomy bass from the walls, but that's for another day... Feature: Well, the product is just four blocks of foam, but it does allow one to choose from 5 different angles for the monitors depending on the way a wedge of foam is oriented on the MoPad. Quality: I can't really tell what a well made foam would look like. It certainly seems that foam would be a good choice of material for this application. Value: I give the value only a 4, because even though the product works, I feel that $30 is a bit steep. This foam may not be much different from that used in Auralex's wall treatments, which is only $3 a square foot. If these were included with a roominators kit for an extra ten dollars on top of the regular roominators price, I'd say the value would be better. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: definitely sexy, I'd made sure to have the auralex logos facing the room so everyone can see how much I paid for good sound! Overall: I am satisfied with this product, it did what the "hype" said it would. I plan to purchase further products from Auralex based on my experience with the MoPads. If you have problems with monitors vibrating their stands or a desk, these are a good, albeit expensive, solution. A block of rubber might do the trick more cheaply, I don't know...
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"isolation made easy" submitted July 22, 2012

By Deni L in Oceanside, CA
Overall
Musical Background: bass guitar, jam at home playing for six months now
Music Style: I enjoy most, some less then others. from monks chanting to tool chain sawing a pinic table.
Sound: the sound coming from my speakers are truely what is recorded. no surface coloration nor any unwanted buzzing. simply amazing items. Feature: as far as usefulness these little pieces of foam have changed the way i listen to even my home stereo, i am no going to have to isolate all my speakers from the surfaces they sit. the foam is quite an attraction to animals that like soft chewables, so keep them protected from access. side note. Ease of Use: the foam pieces are quite a puzzle to set up but worth the small effort considering the major pay off. the set comes with four sets of foam, with three pieces per set. so the size of your speaker foot print does not matter you just move the pieces around and then set the speaker on top, move speaker and repeat until they are set up. Quality: again, precision cut foam is not easy to do with out the proper equipement, so i would have to say the quality is very good. Value: worth every dollar. Manufacturer Support: have not needed any but in the package there is some useful information and the company will assist with room set up if you send information to them have not tryed this but it seems for the right person with more cash then myself it would be quite useful The Wow Factor: very cool looking with the company logo on one front piece helps with the whole left, right thing. Overall: I was a little sceptical at first. Forty dollars for some foam, but what a difference they make. First thing, the foam is precision cut, first rate, all pieces match the opposite side which is not easy to do. I can set up my speakers exactly they way they need to be for maximum sound. The foam also isolates the speakers so there is no surface fibration, I did not need to place self adhesive feet on the bottom of my speakers.

"Good Vibrations" submitted January 30, 2012

By Raymond Williams in Freeport, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years, Drums, bass quitar...
Music Style: Gospel
Overall: I brought this product and I loved it from the beginning, however I couldn't justify the cost of this product. So I called Zzounds and got an RA number to return it. The problem occurred when I removed the pads from the speakers, I instantly noticed the tremendous vibration and the noise associated with it. I still have a problem with the cost but I cannot use my speakers as desk speakers without them. These Isolation Pads are incredibly dense and do not lose their shape when speakers are placed on them. It is the denseness of this product that makes it so desirable with the ability to control vibrations from speakers producing lots of bass .

"centered and clean..good by reverberation." submitted June 6, 2012

By Leon Gage in Gary In, IN
Overall
Musical Background: using acid pro 7 and logic studio. i also dj here in there in and around N.W.I/ Chicago bab
Music Style: I make electro and progressive house..check out my sounds...www.soundcloud.com/1200junkie
Overall: do you have some powered monitors on your studio desk? throw these bad boys on it and hear what a difference it make. my desk has stopped the ratlle and it feels like the sound are more direction toward me and not swimming around the room. looking at the MoPad you wouldn't think it would do anything..but no its totally worth the cash for a sound geek :P

"came with HS50s........greatly reduces vibration.....not only for monitors" submitted July 10, 2009

Musical Background: Hobby Beatmaker
Music Style: Hiphop, Rap, House, Movie Scoring
Sound: greatly reduces vibration Feature: well it does the job.....and the spare cutout pieces of foam I used under my Macbook pro and the others under my midi controller Ease of Use: cake Quality: pretty strong and durable......dont think i could really rip it......maybe if it was rubbed on a corner of a desk I could see it tearing Value: 2 sets came with my Yamaha HS50s.......along with 2 stands.......pretty money if you ask me..............but I prolly wouldnt go buying MoPADs for 40 bucks each......I mean eggcrate foam would work just fine but it wouldnt look as pretty Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: yea its very practical Overall: these will prolly last me a long time........If i get more monitors Ill prolly have to get more MoPads

"It's worth the price" submitted December 27, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Producer, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Soul, Urban
Overall: Hosnestly at first I thought the MoPads were kind of high priced when I first looked at them, but after purchasing and using them with my monitors I have to say they are definitely worth the price.

"Get It." submitted January 12, 2006

Overall
Sound: There is no sound, it keeps things quiet as it should. Feature: Extra pieces of foam so the monitors can be set level or angled. Quality: Strong. I stood on 'em just to see if they could support the weight, and they did. Value: Highly valued. Manufacturer Support: Never used 'em. Which is good. The Wow Factor: I need it. Overall: Does what it said it would do, which is all I ask.

When you call, mention priority code 1644-HH13. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976