When you call, mention priority code 146J-06VS

Rating and Reviews: Audix OM5 Dynamic Mic

With impressive 144 dB SPL handling and a tight hypercardioid pickup pattern, the Audix OM5 handheld mic delivers plenty of output while reducing feedback.

"Forget the SM58 and get the OM-5" submitted January 13, 2004

Music Style: Alternative Country
Sound: I haven't used a lot of different microphones. Just an Audix OM-5 and a Shure sm58. The sm58 is very popular and considered the industry standard for live microphones but every time I've compared them in a live setting the Audix OM-5 produces a noticable better vocal sound. The sm58 was demoted to miking the guitar amplifier a long time ago. Feature: It plugs in, sounds great, and has low feedback response. What else are you expecting to find in a microphone? Quality: Mines been pretty beat up over the last few years. Hasn't affected the performance at all. Value: More expensive than my Shure sm58 but it was worth every penny. An extra fifty bucks isn't much for some you will still be using years down the road. Manufacturer Support: Don't really know because I've never needed support from the company. That rates a 10 in my book. The Wow Factor: Looks good. Rugged black steel construction. Overall: No need to plan on replacing this item because I would just buy another one (maybe I'd consider the OM-6 or OM-7). This microphone has been a trusty companion. I've never regretted buying it and never considered replacing it. There aren't too many pieces of equipment I can say that about.

"Excellent Microphone..." submitted July 7, 2007

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Music Style: Folk/Blues/Ragtime (Acoustic Guitar Player)
Sound: I don't use the microphone, the other guy in the duo does. But the microphone does what it's supposed to do. I use a Bose L1 system and this microphone works well with the Bose without any feedback, etc. The vocalist likes the sound of his voice through it. Sounds just like his voice. No complaints. Feature: I'd have given it a 10 if it had a built-in on/off switch. But then again, since I don't actually use it... Ease of Use: Plug it in...use it. Quality: Quality looks to be first class. Value: Since it does what it's supposed to do I think it is good value for the money spent. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. Never had to deal with Audix support. Overall: It works great with the Bose L1. That's all that I'm concerned about. No need to replace it with anything else.

"Owning one of these mics makes you run faster... wait. No. But singing with this mic will convince you that for vocals/ lead or" submitted September 25, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Vocalist, Songwriter, Recording "Noob"
Music Style: Alt-country/ folk/ Americana
Sound: This mic is great! Have used the shure58 in the past, but a friend raved about this mic, so I gave it a try... I am really impressed! Feature: It's a mic. Plug it in, and go... Ease of Use: This mic is amazing! Gone are my on-stage worries about feedback. And I can hear myself better than ever before- even over a big band... This mic solved my performance issues so all I have to worry about is singing... which isn't a worry any more! Quality: Sturdy. Solid. I would confidently recommend this product to anyone! and, as the rep that bought it explained to me, the people at Audix really stand behind their products... If some meathead dropped your (audix) mic into a pitcher of beer, they will replace the "innards" for a reasonable fee. As for the casing, it's heavy and strong. I don't have any doubt that this mic will last a long time, and now that I have one, I will be back for more! Did I mention it's made in Oregon? Small company? US of A? I know that Shure now makes it's mics outside the US... can't help but wonder how that affects the quality. Go with Audix, I say! Value: Yes! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. Which is what it's all about, really. The Wow Factor: Bonnie Rait and Willie Nelson own one...

"you will have to have the confidence to stand out from the crowd to buy one..but you may well find it will give you the "edge" t" submitted April 23, 2008

Musical Background: producer..publisher
Music Style: any
Sound: The SM58 is dead long live the king..with so many fake shure 58s around and having been a victim of the scam..i tried a OM5 and i now have a OM7 as well.. the shure is 30 year old technology..the OM5 OM7 are american built each has a serial number..the price is right and they are FANTASTIC i am a english buyer/user and they are not easy to find in the uk..i would not use a shure again Feature: excellent simple build quality Ease of Use: what can you say ? relearn close proximity with the 7 just USE the 5 Quality: THE BEST Value: would be happy to have paid full retail OM7 sells for 175 in uk (approx $350) Manufacturer Support: N/A do not forsee having to use any support The Wow Factor: N/A Overall: Always buying other microphones to test..fortunatly i can affort to do so..but these microphones are the standard to which ANY other would have to attain

"This is a awsome mic" submitted January 29, 2006

Musical Background: Active
Music Style: expermental rock
Sound: This is awsome no feed back all the sound it performs Feature: I would perfer a hard case but what do you expect for the price Quality: its solid Value: I think I have said what I think Manufacturer Support: I have never had to contact them there like matag waiting for some one to call

Audix OM5 Dynamic Mic Customer Review submitted May 3, 2011

Musical Background: vocalist/sound engineer
Music Style: all
Sound: these mics are famous for a reason. had mine for at least 7 years maybe 10. it always sounds great. has been thru many drops and other abuse but always works great. had many good comments from other guest vocalist as well. what goes in comes out. no coloration. no feedback.

"Audix OM5's work!" submitted September 9, 2003

By a customer from autobody.net
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: I bought a handful of Shure 58's at the salesman's recommendation and then began reading about the Audix line of mics. For live performances at high volume with floor wedges, the OM5 was suggested as a better choice than the OM6. The 7 series was not out at the time. I gambled and bought 3 of the OM-5's and have never pulled the 58's out of the case since. The OM-5's blow the 58's away. The mid range and presence is much more articulate, yet the low end sounds ballsy and full. But the best thing about these mics is how well they reduce feedback. You can enjoy much higher monitor volumes than with other mics. Feature: I think the way the OM-5 minimizes feedback is the best feature of all. Quality: Seems to be built well. I take care of my stuff and have never had any mic fail me. Value: Even though the OM-5's are a little more money than some of the competitor's products, they are well worth it. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had a need to call but the web site and the printed documentation is more helpful than many other mic manufacturers. The Wow Factor: I bought the OM-5's and was so pleased I bought Audix drum mics too. If I had it to do over again, I'd buy the same mics. Overall: They work!

When you call, mention priority code 146J-06VS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976