When you call, mention priority code 15TX-L8C1

Rating and Reviews: Audix I5 Instrument Mic

Mic up nearly any stage or studio instrument -- from snare to guitar cabinet -- with the Audix i5 dynamic microphone. It can handle up to 140 dB SPL.

"A must-have addition to your microphone cabinet." submitted January 15, 2008

Musical Background: musician, recording engineer
Music Style: rockabilly
Sound: Blows the SM57 out of the water on snare top, guitar cabs. Pleasently surprised when we tried the i5 on a scratch vocal track-warm full sound on male voice. Equally surprised when we tried it in conjuction with a SDC on acoustic guitar. The best "utility" microphone on the market. Feature: Umm...its a plain jane dynamic mic. No switches. Nice gold XLR connector though. Ease of Use: Point and shoot...great. Quality: Solid constuction, awesome. Value: Based on it's superior sound, the value is outstanding. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed to contact Audix. That's a good thing, right?

"My go-to mic for any situation." submitted March 10, 2014

By M A
Musical Background: 10+ years live sound engineer, drummer
Music Style: rock, pop, funk, r&b, hip-hop, reggae
Sound: Very similar to an SM57 but I find the i5 to be smoother in the upper frequencies. With my systems I tend to get more gain before feedback and better noise rejection with the i5s. I currently use i5s on batter side of snare drums, guitar cabinets, horns, and vocals and they just work well and sound great. It has become my favorite mic for mic'ing guitar cabs. Feature: Wind screen and grill are tough and can handle being smacked by drummers or dropped by singers. Ease of Use: No switch, plug it in and go. I find it to be very flat and usually requires very little EQ'ing if any! Quality: I currently have 5 of these in my mic collection and they've been used expensively on stage and in my studio. They held up well, sound great, and have never failed me. Value: Same prices as a 57, sounds better (IMO), and is more durable (again IMO). Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact them. The Wow Factor: Eh, its black? Zero to little EQ'ing is very impressive, allows you to get an amazing sound very quickly even if your mixer/preamp is lacking in channel settings. Overall: I've used the i5 for years now and I swear by this mic. I've used 57s and many other dynamic mics, but I keep coming back to the i5. I just ordered another and figured I'd give my review on these wonderful mics.

"audix i5. GREAT!" submitted August 31, 2014

By shane brown in palm desert, CA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing music for 30 years.
Music Style: rawk.
Overall: I have been doing a lot of guitar recording lately. I have been using Shure SM57s for years. I wanted to shake it up a bit, so I watched a boatload of reviews on youtube and read a ton of reviews on every forum available. There was one comparison on youtube that started with the I5 and i was immediately drawn to the tones. I ordered 2 from zZounds and have nothing but love. They kill. There are a lot of nice mics for recording guitar out there, dont get me wrong, but to my ear, The Audix i5 brings a considerably truer representation of what is coming out of my amp than ANY other mic I have tried. (many) it is built every bit as well as a 57, and it is clearly going to be durable. Buy one. Definitely a value.

"Audix I5 Instrument Microphone" submitted May 1, 2012

By Godfrey P in Stony Brook, NY
Musical Background: Audio Engineer / Technical Director
Music Style: Live music sound renforcement.
Overall: Excellent instrument mic for guitar cabs and snare drum. Superb build quality and compact form factor. Comparable to the venerable Shure SM57, to my ears they are close in response on guitar cabs and snare drums. I do prefer them on snare versus the SM57 as the i5 capsule is protected by a sturdy metailic front end that stands up to errant and unintentional drum stick wacks. I have 3 sidelined SM57s with the tops smacked off without any way to re-attach the plastic protective head covers. It's frustrating. I am extremely satisfied with the Audix's performance to date. Will definitely purchase several more to add to my Audix mic inventory. I use the D series as my go to live mic system. You cannot go wrong with purchasing this microphone.

Audix I5 Instrument Mic Customer Review submitted November 14, 2007

Overall
Music Style: Dixieland Jazz, Ragtime.
Sound: Great sound, replacing our SM57's for milking. Great quality reproduction and impressive vocal work as well. Ease of Use: Like the man said, it's a mike, plug it in and speak! Quality: Very well made, Never did like the rotating head of the 57. Value: Bought 5 of these for my band. Got a decent discount and the guys in the band loved the mike! Overall: Best mike I've used in a long time. Milking banjo's can be a tough job for any mike butthis one pulls it off like a champ.

"Audix I5" submitted August 25, 2014

By Yamil Hernandez in Bayamon, PR
Musical Background: Choralist, Sound Engineer
Music Style: Christian Rock/Pop/latin, Worship
Overall: Good sound tailored to drums, very little eq unlike with the Shure SM 57's. More on par with the Beta 57 but still with a little more clear sound and requiring less eq to find a sweets pot. Although not having tried it on brass seems like its frequency response curve will fit nicely with them too. I've used them on snare and tom drums only so far. The I5's will now be replacing the rest of the 57's on my church drums as they are a bit smaller and nicer sounding than the 57s.

"Great harmonica jam mic" submitted June 23, 2009

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Blues Rock
Sound: I bought the i5 for harmonica jammin and i love it!!! Feature: No on-off switch Ease of Use: Handled a wide variety of effects that I use on my harmonica Quality: Very sturdy Value: Very good value Manufacturer Support: not yet The Wow Factor: One of the slickset little mics I have ever used Overall: I am always looking for a mic with a better sound but I will always have one of these

"New SM57" submitted March 14, 2007

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Metal, Rock
Sound: This is a very awesome mic. I was kind of sceptical about getting it but I decided to go for it. Seeing as how I don't want the generic 57 stamp on my products. This has a very bright sound with enough body to make anybody happy. I used it on snare and my snare just cut through the mix. I did a side by side comparison with a 57 and with the pre's and faders at the same level, same eq it was a lot louder and clear sounding. Feature: It came with a bag and clip, oh a sticker, almost forgot, a sticker. Ease of Use: You plug it in. Its a microphone! Quality: Definately higher quality than a 57. You could drop this off a building and it will probably work. Maybe not look so good but probably work. (I don't advise you to do so) Value: I would have paid 200 for this microphone. Definately worth the 100 dollars. Manufacturer Support: I gave it a 5 cause I haven't had to deal with them yet. The Wow Factor: Definately like design. It looks like it has rear phase delay ports but they are definately running the same way as the microphone so it can't be. Nice touch though. Overall: Most likely have this microphone for years to come. Perhaps the new 57 if they market it right.

"I-5" submitted December 13, 2004

Musical Background: Producer/Engineer
Music Style: Everthing except country.
Sound: It sounds like a 57 with a mid scoop....and the charts show that too, so no surprises there. it does have ALOT less handling noise, my feeling is that the rotating head/grill assembly on the 57 transfers minute vibrations. As far as output, it is about the same as the 57 i paired it against, but it takes EQ and FX better. Up close it has a more pronounced proximity effect than a 57, but it doesnt have the 'telephone-esque' sound that the 57 has, and therefore, sounds quite pleasant..it might even make a nice kick drum mic. Feature: This mic is my new best friend. Its sounds like a 57...except not. At first glance(or touch) it is noticebly heavier and more rugged than a 57, and being that it has an all metal shell, it could probably withstand a hard hit from a drummer or a drop to the floor much better too. Quality: obviously more rugged than a 57, all metal shell, less handling noise. and it sounds good too! Value: if you like 57's, you'll like this mic.....if not, then you probably arent reading this review. Manufacturer Support: not needed. The Wow Factor: perhaps i will buy one or two more, to supplement my 57 collection. as far as sex appeal goes, your kinky girlfriend might enjoy it.

When you call, mention priority code 15TX-L8C1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976