When you call, mention priority code 1561-VRRP

Rating and Reviews: Audix D6 Bass Drum Mic

Audix's industry-standard D6 kick drum mic gives you undistorted and thunderous low-end response. Reproduce rich lows all the way down to 30 Hz without EQ!

Overall

"if everyone else bought a beta52 does that mean you would too?" submitted November 26, 2004

Music Style: rock and other
Sound: I have not done side by side comparisons of bass drum mics, but purchased the D6 based on a recommendation and lots of internet research. I have been able to get very different and very good sounds by altering placement of the mic. Inside my 18x20 maple bass drum the mic picks up good attack and plenty of low end punch. Feature: It comes with a quality mic clip, thread adapter and a padded pouch which is all you could really ask for. Quality: The mic is machined out of a solid piece of aluminum. There is nothing to rattle and I'm sure it is quite durable, though I don't plan on testing this theory. Value: It's ten bucks more than a beta52 and same price as a D112, sounds great and seems like a winner. Manufacturer Support: I have had no need to contact customer support thus far. Overall: Although I don't have experience with other dedicated bass drum mics, I know what good audio sounds like. This is a quality product made in the USA and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

"If you need a kick drum mic, get the Audix D6!" submitted September 29, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, pro, semi-pro, and hobbyist for 50 years.
Music Style: Classic rock, Country, Jazz
Sound: I bought this product (Audix D6) after reading recommendations at several sites. I find it to be better than advertised! I put it on a stand in front of my bass drum head, and with no special adjustments got a great sound at a live outdoor performance. I had been using a CAD KBM412. The CAD KBM412 is not capable of providing a faihful reproduction of the sound presented to it. I like my CAD 411s and 417s, but that KBM412 was a nightmare compared to the Audix D6. It is so worth the extra $s! Feature: The retailer included a drum mic stand with the purchase. Ease of Use: plug and play Quality: Looks like it is well made. Manufacturer Support: N/A no problems, registered purchase online in a few minutes. The Wow Factor: Its a mic...it doesn't have sex appeal! Overall: If lost or stolen, I would be in mourning until I got another.

"The little mic that could!" submitted April 2, 2006

Musical Background: audio engineer
Music Style: contemporary christian
Sound: I had owned previously a shure beta 52 microphone for my bass kick. I had borrowed this microphone for a larger worship gathering and it just kicked butt. Now my drum system sounds more fuller, because this mic produces very deep, rich, bass sounds. Ease of Use: Just as a warning: only use it with bass kick or at worst case, with bass amp. Very good tailored made mic for bass sounds Quality: Very tiny but powerful The Wow Factor: If i have another drum system, then yes, another d-6 i will buy

"THE BEST" submitted July 19, 2006

Musical Background: Recording engineer
Music Style: All
Sound: This product sounds amazing! With a few minutes of tweaking on my board, the mic sounded so amazing! It is the only mic I use for bass drums and cabs anymore! If you have a couple hundred bucks, DEFINITELY go for this mic!! Two thumbs up!! Feature: The mic only came with a clip, and i had to by a stand and everything, but I got a great deal for it! Ease of Use: Within a few minutes it sounds radio quality Quality: GREAT QUALITY!!!! The Wow Factor: Everyone uses this mic! Overall: AMAZING SOUND!!!

"The D6 will kick you in the teeth and steal yer last smoke." submitted August 19, 2006

By a customer from nadsatrebel.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: any
Sound: This mic is good on more than just bass drum. I've found many uses for the Audix D6. Hooray Audix! Feature: Pouch and clip. Ease of Use: Easy to get a nice kick sound. Also good on open back guitar amps-mic the speakers as normal in front, then mic the rear of the cab/speaker with the D6. Works for me, especially on a Deluxe Reverb or a Mesa 2x12 open back can. Quality: Heavy. Value: Best $200 I've spent in a great while. Manufacturer Support: dunno The Wow Factor: Yup. Overall: Kick ass mic. Buy one or two.

Audix D6 Bass Drum Mic Customer Review submitted July 10, 2009

Musical Background: Drummer, Recording Engineer
Sound: This is the best kick drum mic on the market. it gives a very nice attack, but not too much, lots of low end "oomph" without any eq. just throw this thing inside your kick drum and you are in business! I bought the shure beta 52 before this, and there is no comparison. the d6 blows it out of the water! the 52 stays on my floor tom now, where it does quite a nice job. I also just used it on a bass cab along with a 57 for recording, and its the best bass sound i'v ever got. Feature: it's a mic.... Ease of Use: just put it on your kick, or bass cab and it sounds great! its smaller than the 52, and the clip isn't built in, so it can more easily be inserted into the bass drum, even with just a 4 inch hole, where the 52 could never get in properly. Quality: solid aluminum construction, made in usa, need i say more? Value: its cheaper than the 52, and it sounds way better Manufacturer Support: haven't had to deal with them... The Wow Factor: it's beautiful.

When you call, mention priority code 1561-VRRP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976