When you call, mention priority code 145F-HQS5

Rating and Reviews: ART Pro VLA II Compressor

Beef up individual tracks with the ART Pro VLA II tube opto-electro compressor/leveling amp -- or link its 2 channels in stereo for super-smooth mastering.

"My first compressor w/tube pre.. wow" submitted February 21, 2014

By paul g
Overall
Musical Background: playing guitar and recording a long time.
Music Style: I am 1st and foremost a bluesman.. But my recordings are very diverse and maybe artsy F****y.
Sound: Wouldn't change anything (except my playing) Feature: TUBE PRE Ease of Use: No learning curve just dial in what you need. Quality: Its big and very "cool" looking.. built like the preverbial tank. Value: A big YES Manufacturer Support: no Overall: Haviing a tube pre has made a huge difference in my recordings, I can easily tell the difference between my none tube and the VLA II's. Thats right I bought 2. One is dedicated to my condenser mikes recording my guitar. ( have a great stereo mike) and the other to my Korg Microarranger. When recording a drum track which the Korg has excellent choices, the sound reminds me of the drum part in Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly) I'm sure each one of there compressors go for $thousands but even so, the sound is similiar with this big bang for the buck item. IBesides my own recordings, I make sound tracks for video. aaaai play lots of slide.. use to think I only wqanted acoustic but with the VLA with no effects, the sound is like butter and I can beef it up by bypassing one of the channels and balancing them to my needs. It lends itself very well when doing the mixdown . Imaging .. soundstage etc. Nothing wrong with none tube compressors I have but introducing a tube in the mix sweetens things up. One complaint I have.. it has no Phantom. Got a Rolls 2 channel for about 50$. I also own a PreSonus Studio Channel ..I'm going to do a review on it soon.

"happy" submitted March 16, 2014

Overall
Overall: I liked the first one so much that I dedicated to my Korg MicroArranger that I purchased a second dedicated to the 2 mikes I use for my guitar amps.I've had non-tube compressors for a long time but irregardless of what some reviewers have mentioned (on different blogs), the tube really make a difference..depending on your speakers/headphones, if there good quality you'll hear the difference alright, obviously the rest of the circuit makes a difference . The VLA has a simple but functional front panel. The bypass is a little suspect, seems to be a little harsh, but if I wanted to bypass I would eliminate the VLA and go "DI" into my DP-32. I'n not wealthy but I came into a little extra money and have replaced my non-tubes with tubes. Like most compressors that do there job, you see see there is a lot less clipping... with the VLA's there is less clipping and a plus a more concise and warmer sound. I especially noticeable are the drums from the Korg. .The drums from the Korg are really good going DI but with the VLA II , sounds like the drums are in my home studio.. they don't become homogenized and maintain good delineation from all the different drum sounds . and as most reveiewers have said, for the money, they can't be beat (so far).

"Theres nothing left to think about BUY IT!" submitted October 18, 2010

By a customer from clearwire.net
Musical Background: Recording engineer, live soundman
Music Style: All
Sound: Does exactly what its advertized to do and then some. Feature: Nice quality build not cheap feeling like some other units costing 2 or 3 times te money Ease of Use: plug and play read the set up guide hooked it up. no muss no fuss Quality: Steel case and good quality feel to all the nobs well thought out Value: If after buying all the basics all you can afford is one piece then this is it would be worth the money at 3 times the price Manufacturer Support: wouldn't know never needed them The Wow Factor: Definatly adds a profesional look to my rack Overall: if it were stolen I'd buy another one as soon as possible and will be buying 3 more to add to my set up
22 of 27 people (81.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"ART PRO VLA is the TRUTH!!!!" submitted September 28, 2012

By Marcus T in Oklahoma City, OK
Musical Background: 10+ years as a producer, engineer, and recording artist
Music Style: Hip hop, R&B, Rock, Country, Gospel, Pop
Overall: The art pro vla2 does what it does GREATLY!!! Simple to hook up and use. Id give it a couple hours to really heat up but once it does WOW!!! Though it does not have a really fast attack time the way it handles is smooth! If you want to get a great compressor at a steal of a deal this one is for you!

When you call, mention priority code 145F-HQS5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976