When you call, mention priority code 154R-Q35F

Rating and Reviews: ART Tube MP Preamp

Dial in up to 70 dB of tube gain for microphones, instrument or line-level sources. This compact preamp boasts phantom power, phase reverse, and XLR/TRS I/O.

"The Tube Mkes a Huge Difference" submitted May 21, 2013

By Haniel M in Orlando, FL
Musical Background: 16 year vet, Bluntface recording artist, guitarist
Music Style: Experimental death metal
Sound: Sound quality relies heavily on the type of tube in it. Highly recommend Tung Sol or EH tubes Feature: The one with the Meter on it is more useful, but this one is fine. I use the MP to add a tad bit more gain in the front of my chain on one of my amps. I took away one star on this model because this one doesn't have the meter on it. Ease of Use: just turn the dials up or down Quality: never had any issues with it. I have 4 and they are all working great Value: Less than $50? Worth it Manufacturer Support: if you have questions, they take care of you The Wow Factor: To be honest, I have been recording with these preamps as the pre amps for my condenser mics, and I really like them. I am actually blown away at how good they sound with the replacement tubes. Overall: If you doubt that the tube in this makes any difference, try swapping the cheap, noisy Chinese tube in this with a Tung Sol of an Electro-harmonix 12AX7, and you will hear a monstrous difference. I use the versions with the meter on it, and I installed latched Tung Sol tubes in two of them, and what a huge difference. Sweet tone, low noise, and low microphonics. These preamps are great with great tubes in them. I own 4 of them, and I have tried several tubes in each, and they all made a huge difference in the performance of each of the pre amps. So, I highly recommend these pre amps, because they are a great price, very sturdy and can take a beating, and they sound great with a good tube. So, my suggestion is to keep at least one of these under $50 pre amps on hand, and make sure that you change the tube. I know from my own experience and my own use that if you change the tube in this to a higher quality, lower microphonic tube, you will have a great little pre amp.

ART Tube MP Preamp Customer Review submitted July 4, 2006

Overall
Sound: for the price i was expecting less but after the first try i was amazed how much it was getting my sound warm and clean. by the way ive read in an article by joe gore(tom waits guitar player) that this preamp was sounding 1/40th less good than his 2000$ avalon preamp -future music magazine august 2005 Feature: all that i need but a vu meter would have been sweet Ease of Use: well theres 5 buttons.. nothing complicated Quality: looks and feel very fragile and it gets hot quickly Value: the best you can have for that amount of money Manufacturer Support: didnt need it yet The Wow Factor: some say it looks dull but i like its 70's gear style Overall: i give 9 for now but well see how far i go with it...looks very easy to break
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Get what you pay for, plus a little quality on top." submitted January 7, 2008

Musical Background: Recording engineer, active musician
Music Style: Rock, funk
Sound: It can be a little noisy if you are not careful, but if you set it up right, no noise at all. As far as adding "tube" warmth, no. The tube is just for looks. Sounds fine though. I have a Motu 896HD and this sounds fairly close, maybe just a little darker. Feature: For the price, you get what you pay for. No complaints here. Ease of Use: Plug it in and go, make sure not to crank either the input or output gain all the way and your fine. Quality: I've had mine for about a year now, no problems. Value: Definite value. I have used the Berhinger equivalent and the blows it away. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: It's actually a cool looking little guy. Overall: I don't regret the purchase, and I plan on buying Art product in the future for sure. I might even get another one of these too.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

ART Tube MP Preamp Customer Review submitted August 17, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Broadcast Engineering. (none!)
Music Style: other
Sound: I'm not an audio purest! Though I listen to audio all the time. Sounds great to me. Feature: A simple preamp with the adjustments needed. Includes the 48 volt phantom power for the new mics. Wall wart power supply is included. Ease of Use: Simply adjust the gain and there you are. Value: Great price for this little gem. Worth over it's price many times over. Manufacturer Support: Worked for about year and a half so far without any problems. The Wow Factor: Need a preamp, this here's sexy! Overall: Worked for almost 2 years so far. Surly can't complain, and when it does go out, should just need a tube.

"Fun little toy" submitted April 10, 2008

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: any
Sound: This was the only thing I could complain about, great with a bass but a little airy and loud with anything else. Feature: Very basic and perfect for simple projects and use. Ease of Use: Nothing easier to use Quality: Seems very sturdy actually dropped it once and still worked as well as it did before. I'll give a little more use before I decide Value: Best Preamp for the price. Manufacturer Support: Havn't dealt with any yet. The Wow Factor: Decent little metal box, not ugly, I like how it looks with my stuff. Overall: I'm looking for another one not the best for what I personally need but still a good product.

"HATERS OF THE ART PRE AMP STEP ASIDE!" submitted March 8, 2007

By a customer from HOTMAIL.COM
Musical Background: 10 YEARS HOME STUDIO/ENGINEER/PRODUCER
Music Style: R/B, NEO SOUL AND GOSPEL HIP HOP
Sound: I have always used this preamp because of space and protability. I have used it on lots of vocals and it still sounds great! I don't know why some user's hate on the sound...maybe they are doing something wrong. Check yourself but this preamp rocks. Feature: enough for me. Ease of Use: you could use it blind. Quality: very sturdy could probably use it to hold up my truck. Value: are you kidding...budget studios this is your preamp...trust me! Manufacturer Support: haven't needed it yet. The Wow Factor: looks good next to the pc and other gear. Overall: not in the near future unless they drop the avalon or one of those preamps off the ssl g series consoles to under 100.00.

"It may be a risk." submitted December 31, 2004

By a customer from indiana.edu
Musical Background: Home Recording and Production
Music Style: None
Sound: It always sounded great until 2 months into use, I started hearing clicking, like there was a grounding problem although there was none. I'd wait, and it would go away. Then no sound came through at all after 4 months. Feature: There were no features, and that was exactly as I wanted. It's simple and without unecessary frills. Quality: I hope that the other ones they make are of better quality than mine. It seems fairly well built, but without any maltreatment whatsoever, it died after 4 months. No bumps or light tapping or even transportation. It never moved or had anything done to it other than semi-frequent usage. Value: It's a great value if it continues to work. I thought it sounded nice, with maybe too much emphasis on the low-end (probably meant to make it seem "warm," like people are calling it). I think that it is well worth the money, but the risk of having it die has convinced me to try another cheap brand of preamp. Manufacturer Support: Never called support because it was too cheap to worry about. The Wow Factor: The "I want it" factor really just comes down to "I want a replacement." It's abscence is very saddening because it has deprived me of a functional microphone input for my system. I depended on it, and now I have to use my guitar pedal as my input again, which is a tragedy. I'm on a pathetically small budget, and it's functionality was integral to everything I do. Overall: Overall, a seven, because I liked it while it worked, and I assume that not all die so soon. You won't experience any problems with its sound quality at all, unless the problems I had are product-wide, which I hope they are not.

"Enjoy it before it dies." submitted December 29, 2006

Musical Background: Broadcast Engineer
Music Style: All
Sound: It sounded fine for the time being. Feature: Just the basics. +20 gain. Gain knob, output knob, phase switch and 48v power switch. Does not have on off switch. Ease of Use: Its a mic preamp, easy. Quality: IT DIED WITH IN 5 HOURS! I recieved it, connected it up and tested my mic (shure sm7b) with it and had the right loudness. Then I tried to use it and my level was so low, but the preamp hiss hadn't changed. All settings where exactly as I left them. Even maxing out the preamp with +20 gain on did not yield enough. I see it as a tube problem. Very unhappy, I deserve it for spending such little and expecting it to work so well. Value: If it just kept working I would be fine with it. Except it didnt. Manufacturer Support: ARTs website doesn't even work right. Why bother even sending it back, I spent nothing on it. It will make a neat paper weight or door stop. The Wow Factor: Its black, its a box and its metal. Overall: Not happy with its usefull life. 5 hours and it craps out, even cheap Behringer gear gives you more time.

When you call, mention priority code 154R-Q35F. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976