When you call, mention priority code 202-RHB0

Rating and Reviews: Arturia MiniBrute Synth

Harness the power of analog synthesis with the Arturia MiniBrute. Grab knobs and push sliders to create fat sounds with the oscillator and multimode filter.

"Go analog" submitted February 3, 2013

By Tom B in Oakland, CA
Musical Background: Producing electronic music for 10 years
Music Style: electro, rock, hip-hop, house
Overall: I had been wanting to get an analog synthesizer for a very long time. The synth itself seems like it's built to last. I got the minibrute and started having fun with it right out of the box. You definitely have to spend quality time with this instrument before you start pulling the truly amazing sounds out of it. My favorite thing about the minibrute is that there are no presets, no patches... so you've really got to feel the sounds out. I'd suggest this synth to you if you want great leads and sound effects, the bass is good and totally useable but not as amazing as the leads you can get with this thing.

"Wow!" submitted September 8, 2015

By John M in Lexington, KY
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years playing, recording, etc.
Music Style: Mostly rock, blues, fusion, and funk
Overall: I too have wanted a "real" synth for many, many years but being primarily a drummer never got around to buying one. And while i have too many virtual synths and have done quite a lot with them and in spite of setting up CC controls with a keyboard controller, there were some holes in my synth understanding. I could start with a preset and warp it to something very different but had trouble initiating sounds from scratch. Enter the MiniBrute. Not enough can be said of having actual direct knob/slider/switch control of parameters on the actual instrument. The very first night playing with it, I had several epiphanies and suddenly certain aspects of synthesis that had eluded me for years were clear. I got it so to speak. From there, by the third night (with the help of echo and delay pedals), I had programmed the echo synth sound and effects from Pink Floyd's "Any Color You Like". And I developed the sound from scratch already knowing where to start. This may not seem such a feat to an experienced synth player, but for me it was a revelation. Now, as to the actual synth and not me, it is built like a tank and even the knobs and sliders have a bit of smooth resistance that feels very good when using. The sounds are as others have said very good. I have plyed it side by side with my friends Minimoog, and while it may not get quite the same bottom end, when played through a PA with a sub-woofer, it gets pretty close. And my friend who has a variety of older analog synths was very impressed. While i cannot think of a better "first" analogue synth, it is obvious the MiniBrute is capable of some very sophisticated sounds. As for the 25 key keyboard, I midi'd my 61 key controller to it to get a wider octave range without using the switch and it performs flawlessly with no latency. The after touch on the controller also worked seamlessly with the Mini. This synth can do leads, basses and sound effects and is therefore quite versatile. I know this, in the few weeks I've had it, i am thrilled and it has allowed me to greatly improve my skills and sound shaping abilities. I highly recommend this to anyone that wants a reasonably priced , analogue, monophonic synth. It's sound and capabilities go way beyond its price. Hat's off to Arturia for giving us this little beast! And once again a hearty Thanx! to zZounds for the pay as you play program!

"Great Voice & Easy to Operate" submitted April 16, 2013

By K L in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing professionally for 40+ years. I play guitar, woodwinds, keyboard. . . etc
Music Style: Jazz
Overall: All controls are at your fingertips. I didn't even need to read the operation manual. Unique voice and effects with great after touch.

"Great little mono synth!" submitted October 4, 2012

By a customer from rocketmail.com
Overall
Overall: Good stuff! While not priced at the "professional level" (whatever that means), it is deceptively good. Definitely worth the sale price, in my opinion.

When you call, mention priority code 202-RHB0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976