When you call, mention priority code 1608-H7H1

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg SVT-810E Bass Cab

The Ampeg SVT-810E is Ampeg's flagship bass cabinet. With eight 10-inch speakers and the classic SVT aesthetic, the SVT-810E is a modern legend.

"Here Is Your Dream Cabinet!" submitted March 9, 2006

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Lots
Sound: I've only played my SVT-CL head out of Ampeg cabs, and the 8x10 is simply the best match for the amp. It gives me my dream sound by handling the highs quite nicely wihtout sounding too sharp or caustic; the mids help my bass cut through my guitarist's screaming Marshall; and the lows are enough to handle the heaviest hitting drummers on the planet. Oh, those lows! Turn up as LOUD as you want and you will notice the lows are still clear--not soggy and undefined. This amp will handle whatever you've got, and it doesn't stop delivering. It's sound is BIG, BIG, BIG--you will not get lost amid the blissful chaos you and your bandmates create. They will know you're there--but the 4x10s and even the 6x10s won't let you make that claim. It also records quite well. You can simply put a mic in front of a single speaker and be amazed when you hear the recording. And you will know that you now sound like you think you should sound. With the SVT-CL, this cab reproduces that sound you dream about in your head. A wet dream come true! Feature: Simple. The grab-bar/handle-thing on the back, along with the built-in coasters, make for easy maneuverability. Ease of Use: Never met an Ampeg cab with a sound that sucked. As I mentioned, a big head like the SVT-CL may be too much for smaller cabs to handle; but this cab is designed to handle Ampeg's best heads. Plug in and play. Quality: We keep it in the studio, so the only time we'll ever move it is for gigs. It's solid, heavy, and durable. Value: Worth the price. The top-of-the-line 410 costs just as much as the 810. The 610 is fifty bucks cheaper. Go with the big daddy of them all and be happy. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support, yet. The Wow Factor: It ain't ugly. Would it appear more appealing dressed in a metal grille with fuzzy carpet instead of cloth and tolex? LISTEN to it and then ask yourself if you care what it looks like. Overall: I have no need for another rig. To me, this one fits my playing perfectly, and it gives me and the band the sound that now plays a big role in defining us. It growls, it roars, it cannot be beat. If it were stolen (how can you lose something this big?), I would die. There's no way I'd play out of a different cabinet.
32 of 34 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"the craziest amp in the world" submitted October 22, 2004

By a customer from shameinthedesign.com
Music Style: emo to hardcore/metal
Sound: beautiful Quality: great Value: even though it is a tad bit on the pricey side, it is well worth it even though it's 165 lbs The Wow Factor: i have it and it is awesome Overall: only for the serious musicians who play quite a bit...but it absolutey sucks to drag it around because of how big it is but that is well worth it to put out the sound you want for at venues. get it if you think you can handle it...

"Ampeg SVT-810E The bass cabinet to have for your rig." submitted June 15, 2014

By Dave (Otis) Nutaitis in Hanover Township, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing bass, keyboards, and MIDI bass pedals for 35 years now in local bands in my area.
Music Style: Classic Rock (70's), Prog Rock, Rockabilly, 80's Rock/ Metal.
Overall: Can't say enough about this cabinet, especially being able to use it to biamp by having the two separate 4 x 10 enclosures "together" and able to receive their own separate signal, or utilizing the full 8 x 10 ground shaking fury that Ampeg is known for! Glad I finally came back to Ampeg after years of trying other cabs that just can't match it. I would like to give a quick shout out to zZounds also, for their continued superior customer service when it comes to communication about your order etc., so you know exactly when to expect it on your door step. With the SVT cab mentioned above, it is delivered via freight, so get your hand truck ready, and the carrier that was used to deliver it to me was even courteous enough to have the driver call me personally, to let me know when he was 1/2 hour away from my home so I could watch for him. Just overall a great experience again from zZounds, as fortunately, I am a "repeat offender", and have utilized buying gear for years through them, without any issues at all. Thanks again and Rock On!

Ampeg SVT-810E Bass Cab Customer Review submitted August 26, 2006

Overall
Sound: no matter what sound you want, you're able to get it with this. You have a complete delivery of low-end frequencies as it gives all the high frequencies a bass guitar can reach. Feature: the handle bar and the skid rails and plate are really usefull, it helps preventing the cabinet from scratches and hits when loading/unloading it from whatever vehicle. the 2 tilt-back wheels help carrying this monster, while they let it stable when playing. Ease of Use: the only thing i could reproach to the SVT-810e/av is that 165lbs is too heavy for this. Quality: really durable, everything is made and assembled with quality and precision Value: for sure, this is the highest quality cabinet you can get on the market, but does is it really worth 1400$US? i think it's a bit too high. Manufacturer Support: i never had experiences with it so i can't really tell, i'm not giving any note to this The Wow Factor: you'd be really almost scared to have 5 of these right in front of you Overall: as the grades are: 10 - the best, i chose it. the only one that could be considered better is the SVT-810 HPC, just because it's 1500W rms instead of 800. for the rest i think it's clear: nothing's better than this earth moving bass bottom

Ampeg SVT-810E Bass Cab Customer Review submitted May 4, 2008

Overall
Sound: After getting this Boom Box I asked myself why didn't I buy it sooner. The presence is so full sounding, and the response is so immediate. This Cabinet will make your sound and playing better. My Bandmates diffentially gave me smiles and nods of approval after playing just a few songs with it on the first day. Feature: The reason I avoided getting one was the weight and size of it. I found it easy to handle and not as heavy to lift as other Cabinets. Reason being, the tilt back design with the high clearence wheels. Skid rails on the back if you encounter a few steps. This thing handles just like your rolling around a two wheeled Dolly. Lifting takes two people which is good. I always had to lift my 4 10 Cabinet alone and it's heavy by yourself. With the 8 10 someones always offering to help me lift it. Ease of Use: The SVT IV PRO allows me a two different ways to connect the Cabinet. Mono-bridge or Bi-amping between the 10's. I found I always went back to running Mono-bridge Mode. Having that additional Power seemed to work better for us in the mix. The soundman is combining the Backline and the Front sound together, I couldn't do that before with my Cabinets. Small or large Venues this Cabinet has sounded great. Quality: I'd love to buy another one. The drummer said, one on each side of him would be just awesome. It's built like a Abrams Tank. It's Big and Fast, and delivers a Powerful Punch, very imtimidating. Value: Anything good always has a good price. But, the value of being a bigger asset to the Band, is priceless. Manufacturer Support: Sad but true, when it was delivered it had a ding in the handle. It didn't happen in shipping, it was assembled that way. Arrangements where made and it was replaced. Overall: Years of gear changing has come to an end. The SVT IV PRO with the SVT 810E works for me.

"This is the cabinet you've been looking for!" submitted September 22, 2009

By a customer from apex2000.net
Overall
Musical Background: Rock star by night!
Music Style: 70's to present rock.
Sound: Perfect, distinct Ampeg tone. It fills the room and makes the crowd feel it in their core! Feature: The coolest feature aside from the tone is the wheels and push bar on the back. Combined with the shape and foot holes at the top to saddle the amp, this monster is a dream to set up and tear down! The Speakon connections are worry free and simple. Ease of Use: It won't get any easier than this rig until Ampeg comes out with an inflatable model. Quality: It's built like a tank. Treat it right and it will treat you right. No worries about this thing falling apart or not standing up to road work. Value: If you buy cheap, you'll buy twice. Get this cabinet and your grandkids will be playing on it. Manufacturer Support: No real experience here, but Ampeg's site and videos make shopping a breeze. Left me with a clear choice. The Wow Factor: With this cabinet at the end of your cable, the crowd knows they're listening to a serious bass player. Overall: This is it; if you play live, you need this cabinet. It's right at home next to a couple of Marshalls!

"Buy this cabinet if you want the best sound, construction and durability." submitted August 30, 2011

By a customer from earthlink.net
Musical Background: Active musician, Studio owner and engineer
Sound: I have owned Edens 2x10 cab, Fender Bassman 2x15, Peavey 2x10 1x18, a Line 6 LD400 with a Line 6 4x10 underneath and an Ampeg 4x10 cab. The Ampeg 8x10 is by far a better sounding cabinet. Feature: Some comments I have read talk about the size and weight as a disadvantage, but to me, it is worth it for the difference in sound. Most bass cabinets are heavy anyway. Ease of Use: Just plug it in and go. Quality: Superior construction and good solid components, built to take a beating. Value: It may seem expensive, but comparable high quality cabinets cost as much if not more. Manufacturer Support: No need for tech so far. The Wow Factor: Just the best bass cabinet in design and sound. Overall: I really don't want any other amp, as this one is the best.

"best cabinet money can buy" submitted May 4, 2012

By kalob c in Ernul, NC
Overall
Overall: its the best cabinet you can buy its worth every penny and its built to last forever!

"Scrape up the cash, BUY IT, you'll NEVER be sorry!!!" submitted October 31, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician. for 30years now.
Music Style: Christian Rock, and 80's Hair Band Rock,
Sound: I bought mine in Feb. 1990. I'm still giggin' with it today. I replaced the grill cloth because stuff happens. I replaced the speakers in '99 just because I wanted to. Out of all the different bass amps and cabinets I've tried, NOTHING, & I mean NOTHING comes close to the THUMP I get with this Cab. And yes it does help that I have an Ampeg SVT II (1990) all tube 350watt head. Feature: What else do you need. It has wheels, a push bar, and a input jack. Quality: I used this in the local club scene, as well as on the road. It's tough and rugged. It's a wonder Timex don't have stock AMPEG, but instead of "It takes a beatin and keep on tickin." they would say, " It takes a lumpin' and keeps on THUMPIN'!" Value: Yes this product is on the upper price scale. I've had mine for 15 years now and I would get rid of it for ANYTHING!!!!! Manufacturer Support: I needed to replace the emblem plate on the front. Mine was plastic and it had cracked. The company was great. Not only was I able to get a new plate quickly, I was able to get a metal one. They rock! The Wow Factor: You can't mess with perfection. I don't want an amp that sticks out like a sore thumb on stage. I like to blend it into the shadows of the stage and let the people search for what in the world is that bass player playing through. Overall: FOREVER! 15 years and still going strong. The only thing I "don't like" is the weight. But that just goes with the great quality of the workmanship that goes into AMPEG!

"large rectangle thing" submitted August 30, 2007

Musical Background: Active Band Director/Bassist
Music Style: Rock/Punk/Alternative
Sound: The tone is unbelievable. It is so loud it shakes you, and even at those extreme volumes, it still provides that lustrious tone ampeg is known for. The bass tones on it are unbelievable, the mids I dont ever really use, and the highs are punchy and loud. Speaking of loud, it is EXTREMELY loud! This amp can blast through both of my guitarist's half stacks easily. I use a the svt450 on it and its sounds great with my fender precision with round wound strings. Feature: Im glad it is tolex instead of carpet because first of all, carpet just looks really tacky and cheap, and second of all, dog hair is horrible on carpetted amps. The wheels are the most useful things on this amp besides the speakers. It lets me simply and easily drag its massiveness onto stage with no cramps or hernias! The skid rails are great too. Ease of Use: 165lbs................ Quality: Defanitely professional. Everything is still in place after dropping numerous times out of the trailer. Value: $1400 is probably a bit too pricey for what its worth. I think 1000 is just fine. But seriousely, the tone is better than anything I have ever tried. Manufacturer Support: I had a grand ol' time chatting with one of their employees. The Wow Factor: Um, when you touch its sexyness, the tolex is just a little sticky after hot shows in L.A. Overall: Im glad I have this instead of hartke. Thats all I have to say. Thank you.

When you call, mention priority code 1608-H7H1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976