When you call, mention priority code 144Q-VKXY

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg SVT-610HLF Bass Cab

With extended low-end and built-in casters, the SVT-610HLF is an outstanding bass cabinet for any venue.

"This is the one you want." submitted March 1, 2010

By a customer from windstream.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, live and recording artist, recording engineer, live sound engineer.
Music Style: Rock, alternative, funk
Sound: I've had other Ampeg speakers, SVT810 and 410HLF, and this speaker would seem like a compromise of the two, but it isn't. It has all the tone of the 810 and the low freq of the 410HLF with more volume. I like the way it projects to the entire room with clean, clear, deep power without being too loud in any one spot. I play with all my fingers and thumbs to get different textures of sound. This cab lets you do anything you want. Feature: Speakon and quarter inch inputs. Cool rail sliders on back keeps you from doing a lot of damage loading in and out of vehicles. Towel bar and wheels work great on smooth surfaces. Would be better if wheels were larger in diameter. In grass, dirt, rocks, etc use a hand truck. Ease of Use: Yeah, it's got powerful lows, mids, and highs. You can overdo it, but if you have half a brain and know anything about gain structure you can get killer sound. Quality: I've got one made with plywood. I hear some aren't. The grill on the front can be damaged easily, careful with that. Internal bracing is top notch, no rattles at all. Looks great. Value: It is a premium speaker and I did pay dearly. Yeah, it is worth it. Manufacturer Support: There wasn't a choice of "Don't Know". Never had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: You put one or more of these things behind you and everybody will know you came prepared. I push it with a vintage black face Hartke 3500. Excellence. This thing makes even me look good. It's just the right height too. Short cabs shoot the sound out to the audience but not up to you, which makes you play louder than you should. They are also harder to load into a truck or van or SUV. This one you just tip over and push. Done. Overall: I've owned many manufacturers' cabinets since 1967. I've even owned a couple of early 70's Ampeg 810's. Several of the speaker leads burned in two. Sold 'em for something else. Had an SVT410HLF, too short. Then came the chance to get the 610. This is the one. I play live and record with it. It fits me well.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Ampeg SVT-610HLF Bass Cab Customer Review submitted August 23, 2009

Overall
Sound: I don't give 10's. This thing sounds amazing though. Punchy and deep and loud. Does the job admirably. Feature: OK, so here's a 10. This thing has neutrik jacks and a horn attenuator. What else do you need? I do like the handle and wheels. They make it relatively easy to lug around. Also the rails on the basck are a big plus to protect the back from damage when sliding it in the back of my van. Ease of Use: Another 10! I mean, plug n play. Duh. Quality: The Tolex could be tougher, but otherwise it's pretty stout. Value: I got mine used for $500. I think it's a good value at that price :) Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Yup. Overall: Great cab. Takes lots of power and puts out punchy sound.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ampeg SVT-610" submitted April 6, 2014

By Chris Skea in Depew, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing aprox 30 years. Have played manny styles. Currently in a country band.
Music Style: rock and country
Overall: Awesome cabinet! Killer tone, very well built. Couldn't be happier!

"A must have! " submitted October 3, 2012

By Chris Marcoux in Florence , ON
Musical Background: Bass player, Gig'n fo 15 years now
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Ska, Punk
Overall: I have been playing bass for about 15 years now and have had numerous bass rigs and Combo amps. This is my first Ampeg and I wish I had of got one from the get go. This cab is sick! It has amazing Lows for 10" Drivers, which I have never been able to get with any 410 cab. Have always needed a 15 to get a decent sound. I can use this cab alone for most indoor shows and have no problem filling the room. Will still drag out a 15 for outdoor shows but this cab is def my Main now.

When you call, mention priority code 144Q-VKXY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976