When you call, mention priority code 20Y-H843

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg SVT-410HLF Bass Cab

The Ampeg SVT-410HLF is a classic rock cab. Ported bass and kick-back casters make the Ampeg SVT-410HLF a great-sounding portable cabinet.

"Only One Issue with the Ampeg cabs" submitted October 9, 2007

Musical Background: Active Gigging Musician
Sound: It's an Ampeg. Crystal clear sound. I crank it way up, and never distorts ot falters in any way. Feature: The horn can be adjusted to where you like it. Speakon or 1/4 inch inputs. Just a basic bass cab. Ease of Use: I gave it a 9 becasue it's so dang heavy. So to use it, it takes effort to bring it to where I need it. After that it's plug and play. Quality: Well, this is the only area I was dissappointed in becasue of the covering. The covering is coming off in many spots. This is not due to abuse or neglect. It's used regularly and is moved around a lot. I think my Peavey held up better. The bulk of problems start when the covering got a little hot at outside gig. It tore from a zipper on a gig bag of my bass laying on top of it. The wood is good sturdy and the wheels help a lot. Value: It's high end gear for the high end price. In the end everybody would like to pay less. Manufacturer Support: Never needed them with this or other Ampeg stuff I have had. Overall: This thing will work for ever. I won't buy another one unless I get another one just like it to stack! I just need to either cover it again or spray paint it. Thought about putting diamond plate on it.

"Great Little Beast" submitted June 6, 2014

By John S in Cavendish, VT
Musical Background: Bedroom bass player for 35 years
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Fusion, Psychedelic Freaky Stuff.
Overall: I drive this cab with an all tube 100W Ampeg V-4B. Nice clarity and detail. The low end is there but not boomy. The castors and tow bar are very handy. Plenty-O-Volume and air blast when she is cranked. Zzounds came in $100 less than everyone else which sealed the deal for me.

Ampeg SVT-410HLF Bass Cab Customer Review submitted February 28, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Rock form 1960 to 2004.
Sound: The sound is the reason I bought this cab. It's the only cab I could find that combines a punchy sound with fat/full low ends. Feature: As far as bass cabinets go, it has the adjustible horn, speakon jacks, regular 1/4 jacks, what else do you need? Quality: Built like a tank! Covered in what appears as a light coat of PVC. The heavy transport bar and built in wheels make this beast easy to move around. Value: Sound is worth every penny. If I skimped, I would have to trade up eventually which we all you you lose when you start playing that game. Manufacturer Support: No reason to call, no problems. The Wow Factor: After each jam/gig I can't wait to play through it again! Above average visual appeal, amazing sound appeal - which is what drives me. Overall: Right now, I feel I never want to purchase another bass cab. I've played 4 10"s that don't have the same low end, I've played many 15" that don't have the punch or the presence. This cabinet does it all and no need to cart around 2 stacks. I was also very pleasantly suprised that this cab didn't distort at extreme volumes, just sound full/punchy/fat and great!!!!

"The best of the best!!" submitted February 10, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: I am an active musician. I am retired from Ford Motor Company so I have plenty of time to devote to gigs.
Music Style: R&B, funk and soul
Sound: In my honest opinion, Ampeg IS the sound of bass. Being the pioneer of bass amplification, Ampeg has the goods to deliver now and well into the future. The 410HLF has tremendous low end, growly mids and pristene highs. I am using it in conjunction with an Ampeg head and they go together sonically like a jacket and matching pants!! Feature: I appreciate the fact that it sits flat on the floor which helps transmit sound. But if it has to be moved, just grab the rear mounted bar, tilt it back and away you go, effortlessly! Quality: The 410HLF is a Clydesdale among Shetlands! Made to do the job. It's definitely a road worthy piece of equipment. Value: I compared this product with other cabinets (some priced higher) and this one was hands-down the best of the lot. Manufacturer Support: I've owned Ampeg products in the past and have never had to call the company with any problems. Overall: This one is a keeper! Considering the magnatude of the low end of this cabinet, for my purposes, I don't need a separate sub wooofer!

"Solid cab, great low end and will suit any style!" submitted March 1, 2005

By a customer from iname.com
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Blues, Funk, Prog
Sound: The cab seems to adjust to your sound very well. Nice warm bluesy tone, sweet slap tone and takes tube overdrive well. Killer lows in a live setting and the horn control knob is great and solves the mudd problem when the lows are cranked!! Quality: If this fell down my steps, I'd worry more about my steps or anyone in the way! It's built solid and still smells new after a year(i know, i'm weird) Value: Between the horn control, the ports, the connections and the quality, it's worth it. The Wow Factor: Smooth, sleek looks and I've found during many a show that the handle on the back is a good towelrack Overall: Sweet cab!! This will be a staple in my rig. If anything, I would add a sub and 2 tens just for the edge in a large open setting.

"Satisfied Customer" submitted May 13, 2014

By Earl W in tampa, FL
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Jazz,Blues,R&B,Reggae,Rock,Gospel,Classical
Overall: I use this as my sub-cabinet for my home studio system.crystal clear sound no distortion love it......................

"Ampeg SVT-410HLF Cab was just what I needed for my 5 & 6 string basses" submitted December 16, 2013

By Kelly Waldrip in san leandro, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing bass for 20 years. I play in my own band locally, write the music, play bass and do vocals.
Music Style: I play a mix of psychedelic, progressive, doom, punk, metal
Overall: I found that I was blowing out speakers due to my down-tuning along with my extended range basses. I search the zZounds website and found exactly what I was looking for to pair up with my Ampeg SVT-CL. The cab is punchy, clear, pushes plenty of air, and gives depth when I hit that low A string. The pay as you play plan again made it possible for me to afford the gear I needed.

"Big Bad Ass, Truck Driver, Stuff...." submitted May 30, 2006

Music Style: Christian Rock
Sound: The sound on this amp is amazing, i used my Behringer BX3000T on it and it hits the lows really well and the highs to. And it can really handle the ultrabass mode on my Behringer. Feature: It pretty blane, but then again its a bass amp Ease of Use: Its ok to use i just wish it had 4 wheels on it instead of 2. and its not that heavy, heavy is over 150 lbs at least. Quality: They did an excellence job on this amp. Every bass player should use this cause it fits with almost every kind of style of music. Value: I wanted to actually buy one to own but holy mother of ..... that is kinda expensive for someone in college Manufacturer Support: Dont know so ill just give it a 10 The Wow Factor: No sex appeal but you could have that on top of this thing its so stout. Overall: The way they built this amp is Sweet, that is the reason i own an Ampeg but not this one yet i have a BSE-410H, basically the smaller verison of this one with less features. AND IT IS FOR SALE RIGHT NOW!

"Ampeg SVT-410HLF Cabinet " submitted July 20, 2015

By Aaron F in Erie, PA
Musical Background: 27 YEARS live and studio bass player
Music Style: rock and country
Overall: I used to run 8 - 10s...and it kicked butt...BUT i went to a 5 string bass and grew tired of lugging 8 10s....I needed something smaller that can handle the LOWs of a 5 string bass... THIS IS IT....IT sounds thick and tight...easy to transport...the ports throw the lows well.... THIS IS THE REAL DEAL...well worth it.

"The Best 4x10 Cabinet On The Market" submitted April 14, 2007

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Active Musician - 30 years experience
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: The sound (particularly the low end) is simply incredible. I auditioned 2 of the top competing 4x10 speakers cabinets (Eden & SWR) and found the HLF to be superior in every way. IMO, it simply doesn't get any better than this. Feature: It's relativley heavy. But, the casters, back slide, and heavy duty side handles make it a breeze to move. The integrated horn and rear mounted attenuator are another exceptional feature of this cabinet. Rear input/ouput jacks (1/4" or Speakon) allow total flexability when choosing speaker interconnect cables. Ease of Use: As easy a pie. Simply choose a quality 1/4" or Speakon cable...plug it in, set the horn attenuator to the desired level, and play. Quality: Cabinet construction is excellent. A clean non cluttered cosmetic design says "all business." The tolex covering is "tight" (no visible seams), Rear input/output jacks are of the highest quality and solidly mounted. Heavy Duty metal side handles, back slide handle, chrome corners, and casters are all of the highest quality. With all due respect to my former Peavey rig, Peavey cabinets are made from OSB, tolex seams are poor and subject to tearing, and plastic side handles which are prone to breakage. Some folks seem to object to Ampeg's use of grill cloth (as opposed to metal grate.) I don't don't see this as a deficiency as there is no possibility of "rattle" with grill cloth and less chance of accidentally "poking" a speaker cone. Just use a good quality cover (or ATA case) and worry no more about the grill cloth. Value: Well worth every cent I spent. IMO a superior product to similar Eden and SWR offerings at a lower price. Manufacturer Support: Although I've never had a problem with the HLF, I did call support regarding an impedence question and received a rapid and courteous response. The Wow Factor: As mentioned, a clean, no nonsense appearance. The true "marvel" of this cabinet is the engineering that premits it to accurately reproduce a clean audible tone down to 28Hz. Overall: I have no plans to replace this cabinet -ever. If I had to though, I would look no further than another HLF. As mentioned, I am convinced that this cabinet is superior to both cpmparable Eden and SWR 410's (which I've not only auditioned, but used.) And, at a slightly lower price. Hard to beat that equation.

"Ampeg 410-HLF - The finest 4x10 Speaker cabinet that money can buy !!" submitted March 26, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician - Primarily Studio, Road and/or "sit Down" orchestra.
Music Style: Country, adult popular, R&B + be-bop jazz standards for fun.
Sound: Sound characteristics are superb - particularly with regard to low-end. Cabinet compares favorably to an 8x10 at a lower price point, and of course, superior portability. 5-String bassists will be particularly impressed with the sound reproduction of their low B string. Truly a wonderfully engineered piece of eqipment. Feature: Despite its weight, the 410-HLF is quite portable as a result of integrating the rear casters + collapsable slide handle. 1/4" and/or speakon input/output jacks are a real "plus." In addition, the integrated horn and attenuator permit a variey of tonal adjustments. Ease of Use: As easy as it gets !! Quality: Built like a tank -and- cosmetically appealing. "fit and finish" is excellent....exactly what one would expect from Ampeg. Value: The "HLF" is worth every penny of it's price. Note too that Ampeg resale value is "second to none." Manufacturer Support: Have never had a problem with my 410-HLF(s.) However, prior service issues with Ampeg (2 in 40+ years) were handled expediently, and without issue. The 5-year guarantee is perhaps the best in the industry. The Wow Factor: As an "old pro," frankly, it's a bit difficult to find "sex appeal" in any piece of equipment. I tend to think of basses and amp/cabs as tools of my trade. I think, however, that the 410-HLF is a marvel with regard to its acoustically engineered ability to accurately reproduce excellent tonality down to 28Hz. Overall: Depending on the venue, I use either 1 or 2 410-HLFs (or 1 410-HLF with an SVT-18) coupled with an Ampeg SVT 4-PRO. I have no plans to ever replace either the amplifier or cabs. If, however, fate mandated replacement, I would once again purchase an identical Ampeg configuration.

Ampeg SVT-410HLF Bass Cab Customer Review submitted March 15, 2006

Overall
Sound: For most bass players that play music in the most common genres (rock/alt/blues/soul/punk etc.) you cannot go wrong with the tone that this cab will put out. Use it with any SVT pro head and a Fender P-bass, J-bass or good quality bass and you will be in tone heaven. Feature: Standard features of a bass cab. 4 10" speakers, side handles, and rolling wheels (def a nice feature cause it's super heavey) Ease of Use: The wheels def help... Quality: OK, so this is where my issues start. I'm on my second cabinet now from new. First one I blew 2 speakers after having it only 4 weeks, second one now I just blew another speaker after having it about 2 months. NOt quite sure what is going on. I use an SVT 3 Pro head, so I'm not pumping any crazy amount of amplitude through it. These issues just make me wonder about the "roadworthiness" of these cabs and how they will stand up to the test of time.... Value: If you can pick one up for around $500/$600, it is good value for money. Manufacturer Support: Not dealt with Ampeg yet, just local dealer who were very helpful. The Wow Factor: It's a pretty boring design, but it's a classic...and classic is always SEXY! Overall: I'm going to give it one more shot at fixing the blown speaker, but if it goes again, I'll be onto to GK or SWR land....

"I never thought I'd buy Ampeg" submitted August 10, 2009

Music Style: Rock Jazz Blues
Sound: After a long absence from the music business, I set out on a quest for find an amp an cabinet setup that would rival my Acoustic 360 from "back in the day". I had played Ampeg back then, too, but found them to distort like everything else at high volume. I didn't think Ampeg would een be on my search list. After trying every brand and speaker combination available in stores, I purchased The SVT410HLF. Loud and clear open E's as bassy as you can send to the cabinet. Feature: Has everything a cabinet should Ease of Use: ease of use? its a cabinet..PLUG the amp into it! Quality: a "9" because I've only had it a year. So far...just fine Value: you get what you pay for. Pro gear costs more than geear for the basement. Manufacturer Support: Called about an SVTpro4 head, good knowledge, but their first assumtion was I didn't have a clue how to use it....they were right, but they could have been kinder. The Wow Factor: let's just say I want a SECOND one. Overall: I'll likely keep it until death do us part

"Ampeg = God" submitted June 26, 2006

Music Style: alt rock
Sound: Iplay it through a classic svt 300 watt tube amp. If god played bass (s)he'd play Ampeg. Feature: solid easy to understand simple Ease of Use: a+ Quality: very solid, I have no idea how that one guy managed to blow it up maybe he used the wrong omage?? Value: Its expensive but you can sell for almost what you'd payed for it so i guess its all good value (if you sell) Manufacturer Support: donno havent had any problems yet The Wow Factor: i have it

"Awesome" submitted May 3, 2006

Overall
Sound: Has real deep tone for metal and if i want to play some funk is tweeky enough for pops.

"Best cab I've ever owned!!!!" submitted January 31, 2006

Overall
Music Style: country, rock and blues
Sound: best tone I've ever had.....this thing moves air...classic ampeg tone....there are better horns out there but I hardly use it so I'm not going to knock off marks for that....I LOVE THIS CAB!!!! Feature: 2 speakon conections, 2 quarter" conections plus a horn voume knob...the handles are great and the bar across the top is genious....get a cover for it though...tolex will rip and you must be careful with the cloth grill but i'm not complaining, it looks like classic ampeg... Quality: it's ampeg, it's quality!!!! Value: definetly worth every penny Manufacturer Support: haven't needed it The Wow Factor: put it to you this way....if some jerk off steals steals it from me (again), I'll go out and buy a new one Overall: best cab i've ever owned...better than any other 410 out there....I'M DEAD SERIOUS!!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-H843. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976