When you call, mention priority code 205-4M4G

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg SCR-DI Bass DI

Dial in a wide range of Ampeg tones as you take your bass to the mixing board. You can even mix in some crunch, thanks to the built-in Scrambler overdrive.

"A Worthy Investment." submitted July 30, 2015

By Kelly B in Dothan, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing bass for 11 years, and am a session artist.
Music Style: Christian, Soft Rock, Jazz
Sound: Using just as a D.I., your sound is clean and clear with no degradation of tone. When you engage the amp modeling side, you can dial in everything from a fat, chunky Motown B15 warmth (dial in a little scrambler to create the tube break-up), or dial in the clean and bright sounds that lend an ear to a Marcus Milleresk tone. The scrambler side goes from a subtle buzz of tubes breaking up to the full on fuzz of Geezer Butler doing the bass intro of N.I.B. Feature: I found the aux plugs fascinating. You can plug your iPhone direct into the pedal and play along with songs you are working on, a feature on the bulky and expensive multi effects processor. Match that with the headphones jack, and you have the ultimate in practice machines. Ease of Use: This D.I. is well labeled, easy to read, and very intuitive. If you can operate the most basic amp plate, this will be a breeze. It will operate on batteries (9V). I would recommend getting a 9V power cable with plug. It will chew up a regular battery in 4 hrs. of use. Quality: This pedal is solid and sturdy. Switches have great snap. The pedal could use a guard, or barrier for the knobs. I could see where you might accidentally bump one during the excitement of a gig. Value: For the features, tone, adaptability to any board, style, environment I don't know of anything close to this pedal. Quality from start to finish. Even if you don't think you need a D.I. or a pedal...you need this. Manufacturer Support: It's Ampeg, They have come a long way from 6 years ago, when they didn't care about their customer, but the value of their name. The R&D department nailed it with this D.I. I called them, just to see, and they were very helpful. As far as Zzounds, they are awesome. No complaints on either front. The Wow Factor: Completely blown away. My band mates were stunned, and understood my elation. I don't know that I have ever been this satisfied with any other piece of gear. And that's making a statement, as I love all my equipment. Overall: I needed a D.I. box, but I wanted something with character. It takes me years of research to buy something, I'm careful with my investments. When these hit NAMM this year, they created such a buzz and caught my attention. I am a professional, and have friends that are very in demand players. After consulting with them, as they had hands on with the Scrambler D.I., I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. Was I ever glad. The features are insane, the sound and functionality left me giddy. Seriously, one of the best investments ever.

"ampeg scr-di" submitted May 7, 2015

By Tron Price in marysville, OH
Musical Background: bass
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: Excellent product worth every penny and more. I'm getting some beautiful sounds from it. Ill be using this for many yrs.If you order this, be sure to get the 9 volt wall adapter. Batteries don't last long.

"SCR-DI" submitted March 31, 2016

By Allen F in Wakefield, MA
Musical Background: Jam (and lots of practice) at home
Music Style: Mainly rock, some country ... ProgRock in my dreams :)
Overall: I ordered this just for practicing with headphones. I've tried those smaller pocket sized headphone amps, but those aren't all that great. I couldn't really even get a good tone out of my bass amp's headphone output. It was ok, but not really good. The SCR-DI sounds great, and I got a pair of 32 ohm headphones to get enough volume. (My 60 ohm headphones weren't loud enough on the bass amp...). I also ordered the Boss PSA-120S adapter, after reading the other reviews here. No horrible noises at all, apparently a low battery is the cause of that. I highly recommend getting an adapter! The volume control for the aux input is a nice touch, something most headphone amps (and bass amps) don't have. I can turn it down quicker without clicking things on the computer to lower the line-out volume. I'm not a big fan of effects, and don't really use the Scrambler much, but it gives some decent distortion with the Blend knob turned way down. As of yet, I don't need the DI output, but it's there if I ever join a band. I haven't used it, so no idea how it sounds. I sometimes plug the Line Out into the effect return on my Fender Rumble 100, gives me a new amp! It's great during the day when I can make noise. The only negative, and a minor one maybe, is the internal jumper to set it for active or passive bass. I have one of each, so I'm putting together an attenuator for the active bass, so I don't have to open up the SCR-DI and move the jumper. An external switch would have been a good thing to have. Other than that, I love this thing, sounds great, even with headphones.

"Perfect for cleaning up my signal" submitted October 4, 2016

By Christian A in Port Jervis, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing Bass for 14 years, I jam at home, I'm also part of a praise and worship group
Music Style: Funk, Latin Jazz, Rock, Metal, Alternative Rock, Pop
Sound: The pedal has a buffered sound. When not using the preamp, you'll need to use another pedal to boost volume levels. That said, I love the tone stack. The SVT sound really comes through. I really like the way my bass sounds through it. Can't really say if the tone stack "colors" the bass tone. For my style and my current bass set up in praise and worship (Yamaha TRBX305 with Aguilar Super Doubles and a Seymour Duncan STC-3P), I begin with my EQ set to noon. If I'm using a lot of finger style that day, I'll boost the mids to about 1 or 2 o clock, and sometimes the bass to about 1 o clock. For slap and funk tones, I like to set the bass and treble to 1 o clock. and mids at noon. Feature: I love that I can use it as a practice amp. We went through some struggles recently and had to get rid of a fender halfstack and found myself with nothing to practice with. This pedal made practice possible. I'm not really a fan of the overdrive circuit, and currently have a love/hate relationship with it. The ultra-hi and lo settings are interesting. I don't use the ultra hi boost, but the ultra low I'll use with overdrive to help make up for any bottom end I lose. Sometimes I'll use it too if I need thick bass for something slow but epic. My only wish is that I could have slightly better EQ controls, specifically with the mids, maybe a parametric sweep, or even a switch with preset frequencies. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Beware, if you put a battery into it, it will buffer your signal even if it's off. I really like that I can unscrew the back pack without the use of tools of any kinds. The rubber pads underneath are designed to also function as thumb screws, very easy to take off and replace, which makes replacing batteries on the fly a very simple task. Quality: The pedal feels heavy and tough, but I cannot yet speak on it's reliability although it hasn't failed yet. Value: It's expensive but worth it. The Wow Factor: No real wow factor. It is a nice solid pedal but nothing crazy or particularly special about it. Overall: I love this pedal. My purpose for purchasing this pedal was to improve my bass tone. I figured the best way was to look for something I could use to split my signal between the stage amp and the house system at my church. I'm not a fan of the stage rig we use, so this pedal allows me to bypass the rig. The best part was the added unexpected bonus of total ground noise elimination! For some reason, utilizing the XLR output from the amp head to the house resulted in ungodly amounts of noise. I now get a cleaner signal to the house and can better control my volume (the stage rig is very old and has sensitive volume controls).

"SCR-DI" submitted September 15, 2015

By Lonnie James in Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar/bass since I was 11. Been in Bands since High School.
Music Style: Rock, Metal...Punk, maybe some alturnative Rock, and maybe some classic Rock, and maybe some pop Rock just enough to keep my cho
Overall: Right now I use it for practicing. I plug my guitar into my Hot Rod Plexi and run that through my Boss EQ and Reverb pedel. I plug my ipod into the aux in, then plug in my headphones and away I go...Private Practice ! Love It !!!

"I may have an defective unit" submitted September 21, 2015

By Carroll Bond in Raleigh, NC
Overall
Sound: Nice and loud. Kinda old school but nice. The only problem is my ERA control did not work Feature: ERA control not working Ease of Use: Easy just take some time dialing it in Quality: Real nice pedal. I just wished it worked correctly Value: If it worked as advertised it would be worth every penny. At least I think so from the sound examples on YouTube Manufacturer Support: I didn't contact them The Wow Factor: It looks nice and has a nice sound that my other pedals don't do. So it wowed me so what Overall: I never had the ability to try this pedal so I watched every YouTube video I could and read every review that I found. The pedal hissed a lot even when tried 2 different power supplies. I could get pass that but the ERA control everyone was raving about didn't do anything to change the tone like in the YouTube vids. So I had was EQ and an overdrive sound if I cranked up the drive control. I think that this may be a defective unit but if it isn't it's not for me. I like the sound of the pedal. It has an old school type vibe and its loud but I need more tone shaping that the ERA control is suppose to provide. I will be returning this unit

"It was great when it wasn't screaming" submitted September 22, 2015

By Cecil W in Queen Creek, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing bass for 40 years, primarily C&W and light rock, but now only play for my church.
Overall: I received my first SCR-DI on a Thursday. Used it that night and loved. I went to use it Saturday night and all it would do is scream! It was like a loud capacitor discharge. I changed cables, basses, and everything I could think of and could not stop it. I called ZZOUNDS and exchanged it for another one. This one did the same thing right out of the box. I wished it had been OK. I really enjoyed using it the first night. ZZounds was GREAT dealing with it!

"Typical Ampeg" submitted September 4, 2015

By Julian R in Albany, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a drummer for 30 years, and occasionally change it up to different instruments.
Music Style: Rock, Oldies, Christian, etc.
Overall: It's what I expect from Ampeg! Quality, and great features. I was originally going to buy a mixer to blend my bass and iphone/pc for practice. I was digging around for something that foots the bill when I found this item! I ordered it quickly (and got it quickly). From a build standpoint, this this is heavy (read: rugged). The pots all feel smooth and the footswitches are solid. The sound is exactly what you expect from a company that specializing in a niche market. COMPLAINT: I did not know that AMPEG offers the power adapter (model # 2045758-00 for U.S.), and so I ordered a Boss PSA-120S, which was recommended by another user. The Boss works fine, but being a purist, I wish I had know earlier that I could order one by Ampeg. REALLY, it should not be an issue. All in all, great product! I am GOING to recommend this product!

"AMPEG (AMPEG)" submitted October 3, 2015

By Julian R in Albany, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Serious drummer. Novice bass player.
Music Style: Rock, Christian, other.
Overall: I was looking to buy several devises to mix signal and bass into headphones. This was a 'one size fits all' device for me. The sound is pure and clear. The thing is built like a tank. This is an AMPEG DI box/processor. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of other brands, but if you after that AMPEG tone, here you go!

When you call, mention priority code 205-4M4G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976