When you call, mention priority code 20M-0788

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg Portaflex PF800

When you need to be heard, this 800-watt stack will not disappoint. The PF800 head crafts the tone, while the ported 4x10" and 1x15" cabs add girth.

"Bass player's Bass Rig" submitted April 19, 2014

By David B in Memphis, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for, well a long time. I play bass as my main instrument. I'm a week end warrior mainly.
Music Style: Rock, R&B/Soul, Blues, Country and Jazz
Overall: Great amp and cabinets. The 15" cabinet gives you nice low end that a 15" speaker can but yet it is still tight and clean. The 4-10 cabinet with the horn covers frequencies from low to up high. It gives you the rapid transient the 10s can along with the crisp hi's. It is very responsive and tight as well. The cabinet matches perfectly to the 15" cabinet. The 800 watt head gives you plenty of headroom. The eq is great and I like the onboard compressor with a little dialed in. It really sweetens the sound. Used the rig for the first time last week end and was absolutely blown away with it. My fellow band members all complimented on how good it sounded. Plus it is easy to move around, not a back breaker.Great rig Ampeg.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Pro Rig" submitted March 29, 2017

By Terry G in Orchard park, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing Bass professionally for 43 years.
Music Style: I play Rock, Country,Jazz and Blues.
Overall: This stack is amazing. Used it first time at a gig 2 days after receiving this monster. We blew out a sub so they were relying on my new Ampeg to cover without going in the mix. Not a problem. This thing pumped the building. The features on this amp stack are all you will ever need. EQing, compression and booste buttons are easy to figure out and really enhance a good tight sound. This system is built for the long haul, although I highly recommend the covers to protect the handsome look of the speakers. I haven't needed support yet, although I've had smaller Ampeg amps in the past and never needed support. The sound blew everyone in the band away due to not being in the mix. It covered the room nicely. If you have a five string, it will handle that Low B with a vengeance. Rumbled the rafters. I paid a great price for what I got, and using zZounds just makes it easy to pay as you pay. I've bought $10K in musical equipment and never had a problem with payment plans or ordering problems. Received the unit 2 days after the order, with free shipping.

"AMPEG PORTA FLEX 800" submitted March 27, 2017

By STEVE S in KOKOMO, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I WAS IN THE ARMY BAND FOR 10 YEARS, I WRITE A RECORD REGULARY IN A LOCAL STUDIO, WHISPER STUDIOS. I WRITE DAILY!
Music Style: ROCK,METAL, BLUES, ALTERNATIVE, COUNTRY, CLASSICAL, JAZZ, KIDS MUSIC, AND EVEN RAP.
Overall: This is a very nice rig! I bout the head with two cabinets. One is the 4x10 cabinet. Which is a monster! Surprisingly huge on the bottom end. My favorite though, is the 1x15. It does so much for my needs alone. I use both cabinets though. The 15 by me, and the 4x10's by the drummer. This works out great. Stacked together? Not sure how that sounds.. Haven't tried that out yet. These cabinets are both light weight for wht they do. The whole rig is easy to move. I am very satisfied with the quality, the price i paid for the rig, and for the great ecperience with zZounds. The only thing remotely to complain about, was that one cabinet came in two whole days after the first one did. No big deal.. On to my next transaction with these guys. I am happy to be doing business with you guys.

"Ampeg Portaflex PF800 Bass Amp Stack Purchase" submitted March 16, 2014

By Phillip Friedland in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music for over 30 years. I play bass and gig around town. I'm part of an independently signed act.
Music Style: Rock, blues, R&B. Kind of like Zeppelin meets Motown.
Overall: Buying the Ampeg Portaflex PF800 Bass Amp Stack was the best decision I made musically, and going with zZounds was the best decision I made professionally. You cannot dispute the iconic sound of Ampeg for bass.

"Booming Amp" submitted January 16, 2014

By Kevin M in Mesa, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music since High School and studied it for a short time. I play Bass Guitar.
Music Style: Christian Rock and Blues
Overall: Bought this Stack after playing with it in my local Guitar Center and I am not disappointed in the least. This thing has a big booming sound that is very clean and with plenty of headroom to spare and I have only played it through the 4 X 10. I will be hooking up the entire package tomorrow to hear how it sounds. The ZZounds staff is incrediably patient and friendly and most importantly helpful. They were able to arrange for FedEX to hold this at my local facility to keep everything safe. Looking forward to the first performance with this! This is a plug and play and it took no time at all to dial in a sound I like.
11 of 15 people (73.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"AWESOME and Affordable! " submitted October 5, 2014

By Ike E in Atlanta, GA
Musical Background: professional working musician
Music Style: Cover band, various genre's.
Overall: Awesome bass rig. Easy to dial in "Your Sound"...This rig just kicks butt. zZounds was great! Will definitely be ordering more stuff...

"PF800 W 115/410" submitted February 3, 2016

By Will Mendes in Kentland, IN
Overall
Overall: FedEx dropped it off this morning, thrilled. Ampeg has never let me down. If you know the brand, you don't need my review to know what it does for your sound. Those cabs are nice and light ( nothing like my 810's ) well built, punchy, crisp, warm like butter, cuts thru the mix...what else is there? OH...they look great. Doesn't take much to get the sound you want.

When you call, mention priority code 20M-0788. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976