When you call, mention priority code 145C-402S

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE

Two 10 inch Eminence drivers produce a big sound while the classic design lends the PF210HE vintage Ampeg tone.

"Great tight sounding bass cab" submitted June 1, 2014

By Jim K in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing bass for 14 years. I have played in several bands over the years and currently gig with 2 bands.
Music Style: Hard rock/Metal
Overall: I have it paired with my trusty PF-500 and it sounds amazing. I used my head with other cabs in the past and finally got the matching cab for it and I am glad I did. Being a sealed cab makes it nice and tight sounding. I would recommend to anyone looking for punchy tight bass. If you want big fat low end, not sure you will be happy.

"Compact and Capable" submitted October 24, 2012

By Joel A in East Rutherford, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I can play a variety of instruments, and have been for about 20 years now. Bass guitar = 3 years.
Music Style: rock, modern r&b, disco, funk, pop, country
Overall: Mine's arrived after a day I ordered it probably because where the item came from is in the same state as the destination. So, kudos to zZounds for this! Looks like the item was built pretty well. When I opened the lid, there were no lose parts and everything was in the box (screws, speaker cable, caster wheels, and documentation). The head I use is the Ampeg PF-500, and hooked up to this is an Ibanez SR505 - a five string for those unfamiliar with it. Once I unpacked and installed everything, I hooked it up to my amp, then played a couple of songs. Tweaked it, tweaked it some more, and I finally got the setting I want. I had to make adjustments to make sure that the 5th string sounds solid. After this, I tried finding my other settings based on the genre of music and playing style. I have yet to find out what this cab can do in a gig. Of course, these are 2x10's so I had to push the bass eq up a bit than the 4x10 I have (made by acoustic). But that's always the case anyway when you work with new equipment (as it is always said, "tone is king"). I like the convenience brought about by being able to attach the amp head to the cab's lid. Don't worry about the lid rattling. There are 4 fasteners keep the lid shut tight. However, I had to remove the little handles on the front panel of the amp head because they were hitting the inner "walls" of the cab when I flip the lid to prepare it for transport. Removing those required an allen wrench. I will need another cab to maximize the potential of my amp (500w @ 4ohms - two 8ohms). On paper, the low-end frequency are just about the same between PF-115HE and PF-210HE. I might have to find a place to test the PF-115HE first. But as it is, I'm still undecided as to which to get. All in all, this PF-210HE cab sounds very good, has moderate weight, and looks pretty well-built.

"Eh, you know.... But hey!!" submitted July 20, 2012

By Kryztof Zcheboing-Boing in Mustang, OK
Overall
Music Style: 70's italian psychedelic polka, with a gangsta twist...
Sound: Doesn't push a whole lot of air, but still sounds good... Loud enough to hang in there with a full band, but won't shake anyone's soul... You may want the 1x15 if you're worried about a thump... Feature: Compressors okay... Fliptop is convenient as well... Pretty to the eyes... Ease of Use: Simple... Too simple... Quality: Its an ampeg so you know you"ll get that famed and befuddling ampeg tone! Value: Cant find a better deal! Portaflex for the workin man... Manufacturer Support: Everything is made in China! The Wow Factor: Sounds good, but could use a bit more oomph for a wow... Overall: Gets loud but doesnt push air...

"Good" submitted November 23, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Both
Music Style: Rock,country,blues, jazz and pop
Sound: I needed something for my 7 yr old daughter and got this with the ampeg pf500 watt amp. It sounds great and has the valume to keep up with the 2 guitars and drums. We love the tone you get out of it. Feature: They r pretty direct and simple so she can get whatever tone she is looking for Quality: It is built Well, I did my homework since me and my son play drums and don't know enough about bass to have an educated idea, so from the other reviews I saw that the casters wasnt the best I got it home and replaced them. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used them

When you call, mention priority code 145C-402S. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976