When you call, mention priority code 171C-Q0X6

Rating and Reviews: Ampeg GVT5H Guitar Amp

With sound far bigger than its chassis or wattage level would suggest, Ampeg's GVT5H guitar amp head rocks with 12 AX7 tone in a simple package.

Overall

"Best apartment recording amp for money" submitted April 5, 2013

By Michael Bush in Richland, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I lead worship at church and write progressive rock on the side for fun, play an am. Deluxe tele, and a 72 deluxe reissue
Overall: I have owned A Lot of amps/cabinets and pedal combinations. I had a fender frontman 212,(too lifeless and solid state ish harsh high end) a blues junior (too harsh high end fizzy when overdriven), an ampeg reverberrocket 50 watt with 412 cabinet (actually a great amp from the 90s til it broke) I then bought an orange th30, this amp was spectacular in loud environments, so much sparkle and great crunch, but it was way too loud for playing at home. I bought a vox night train cabinet and isolated it and this helped but it was still way too loud for company....so I sold the orange and have been looking for a low wattage amp for recording in my project studio. I tried a vox ac4, this was not clean at all, and the distortion was fizzy and weird. I tried a black star ht5 it was okay on the clean but the overdrive was too metal for me, plus I use pedals for my gain sound. I tried the ampeg and it was awesome. It has so much clean headroom. You can plug your pedal board directly into the input and get a nice clean representation of your tone. I paired it with an eminence red coat private jack and its nice and warm when clean can get a mild natural crunch when cranked and I use a tech 21 Oxford for an orange amp crunch. It still needs the isolation cabinet but you can't hear it outside of the room and that is what I love. Great cranked amp sound at reasonable neighbor/wife friendly volumes. Best amp for a good clean tone I've ever owned.

When you call, mention priority code 171C-Q0X6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976