When you call, mention priority code 1ZT-49SQ

Rating and Reviews: Alvarez MFA66SHB Guitar

Made with hand-selected solid African mahogany and a real bone nut and saddle, the Alvarez Masterworks MFA66SHB delivers booming, dynamic response.

"Terrific Guitar" submitted April 2, 2015

By Michael C in Wrentham, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing over 30 years. Prviously owned a Martin for 15 years.
Music Style: Rock, blues, folk
Overall: I ordered this from zZounds without having seen one in person. I had played Martins and Taylors at my local music store but didn't want to spend that kind of money. I ordered the guitar on a Monday and received it the very next morning, even with free shipping. The guitar came with a very nice hardshell case and a stick-on black pickguard. I installed the pickguard but preferred the look without it so I removed it and traced the shape onto a piece of clear plastic I had (the type that goes on cars) and installed that. Can barely see it and it provides the same protection. The action was just right and the intonation perfect. I really like the size and shape of the neck. I've got fairly large hands and there's enough meat to it but I don't think it would be an issue for someone with smaller hands. The sound is great with good note clarity and it's not too boomy sounding. My only criticism is the finish on the body which is very glossy in person and shows fingerprints very quickly. I'd prefer a more matte finish. Interestingly the neck finish is more matte and feels great. Overall I would say this guitar easily competes with the low-mid level Martins and Taylors at a fraction of the price. The only caveat being it's made in China. If I could afford it, I'd have bought an American guitar as I would prefer to support our economy.

"Great All Mahogany guitar" submitted January 14, 2016

By JB S in Apollo, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbist. Fingerpicking mostly Fahey style since the mid 70s. Took up ukulele a few years ago, along with the Weissenborn guitar.
Music Style: Blues, Acoustic Fingerstyle, Folk
Overall: Just received this today. Beautiful guitar with a great tone. I bought this because it was all solid mahogany. I like balanced tone of an all mahogany guitar and also own a 1951 Martin 00-17 and a 1999 Martin OM-15. The sound compares favorable with both of the Martins. I also wanted a short scale guitar and your talking over $2k for a Martin with similar specs. The workmanship is flawless both inside and out. If your a fan of mahogany, this offers great bang for the buck.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZT-49SQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976