When you call, mention priority code 201-81M6

Rating and Reviews: Alvarez AP66E Parlor

Take this parlor-sized guitar to the stage, and you can expect nothing but big sound thanks to its BBand SYS550 preamp with built-in tuner.

"I Really Like Ths Guitar" submitted June 7, 2015

By Bill Jones in Gilroy, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since I was ten.
Music Style: Folk, Jug Band, Cajun, Country Rock, "Ethnic."
Overall: I'd been researching a parlor guitar for some time prior to this. I had basically settled on a Washburn because I'd been able to play one in a Guitar Center and it sounded pretty good. But I knew that whatever I was going to get, I'd get it from Zzounds because, well- the payment plan. After searching the site for a while I started looking closely at the Alvarez AP66E. I was attracted by other reviews and I really wanted electronics onboard so I could stop chasing microphones around on stage. I saw a lot of videos on Youtube, but the truth is, I settled on this guitar without ever playing one.I expected it to sound good due to the videos I'd seen- but it sounded better than that. Punchy and bright and really easy to play. I tuned it right out of the box, (on the porch actually,) and everything worked nicely. I plugged it into some amps and I loved how it responds. I have another mahogany top guitar, so I wasn't worried about that- very warm and resonant; and it looks gorgeous. I'm leaving a lot out, but I have to say I really like this guitar...Things are mellowing out finally, but for a while there I was neglecting my other instruments...

"Alvarez AP66E" submitted November 9, 2015

By Jay S in Birmingham, AL
Musical Background: 30+ years
Music Style: Blues, fingerstyle acoustic
Overall: I didn't want to spend a lot on my first parlor because I wasn's sure if I'd like a small bodied acoustic. Price on this model was very reasonable and the reviews I read sealed the deal. The pictures don't do the guitar justice; this is a very nice looking instrument- love the slotted headstock. Out of the box, however, this was the worst "set-up" I'd ever seen. Don't know what kind of strings it shipped with, but a new set of Elixirs was the first order of business. (Personal preference). Intonation was horrible, action was terrible. I realize that for the money, they're not going to go the extra mile for proper adjustment, but this was really bad- initially regretted the purchase. After a trip to my favorite local luthier however, totally different story. This guitar is a pure joy to play. It has a beautiful tone, is extremely responsive to hammer-ons and pull-offs, and the short neck really lends itself to bending the strings for playing blues.The electronics dial in very nice when performing, and the small parlor size is amazingly comfortable for sittin' and pickin'. This guitar is a very good value. You will not regret the purchase, just plan on a trip to your luthier as soon as it arrives. Gave a 1 on Manufacturer Support only because I haven't dealt with them and a rating is required.

When you call, mention priority code 201-81M6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976