When you call, mention priority code 16HL-737G

Rating and Reviews: Alvarez AP66 Parlor

This parlor-sized acoustic guitar offers charming vintage looks, easy playability, and crystal-clear tones for performers and hobbyists alike.

"Great Guitar" submitted January 15, 2014

By Terry B in Caro, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar since 1972.
Music Style: Folk and blues.
Sound: The mahogany top gives this guitar a sound closer to the old ladder braced guitars of the 30's, which is great for fingerpicking blues and folk music. It's a 'clearer' sound but there are still nice, very well balanced harmonics, making it even better than the old ones. But it definately is not a dreadnaught sound. Feature: The simple abalone inlay around the soundhole is beautiful. The lack of inlays on the fingerboard makes it looks classy in my opinion. There are dots on the side of the neck. The overall color and finish is very nice. Ease of Use: I put 13's (mediums) on this guitar right away. The 12's that came on it sounded kind of thin, almost cheap. 13's produce a little more bass and give an overall richer sound. It was easy to change the strings. The low action makes it easy to play. The body shape is great, it fits in my lap nicely. Quality: VERY nice high quality construction and finish. When you look at the details, like the bridge, the nut, the braces inside, the straightness of the neck, and the fret ends, you know this guitar was made under strict supervision. Value: It seems like this guitar could, and should, sell for $500 at least. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with the company. The Wow Factor: The longer body (meets the neck at the 12th fret) and the simple sound hole, combined with a great looking finish and that cool slotted headstock give this guitar a wow factor of 11. Overall: This is a solid, nice playing, great looking guitar. I wanted a guitar for fingerpicking and occasional strumming. This is it. The neck width is a little wider and the neck a little thicker than a lot of acoustic guitars. I like this. I gives me something to hang on to and the strings don't feel cramped.

"Alaverz AP66 Parlor Guitar" submitted February 23, 2014

By TOM W in NEW MADRID, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 7th grade.
Music Style: country, rock, blues....
Overall: Great little guitar. Plays great and sounds great. Well constructed and finished. Action was great right out of the box. Sings. Great guitar for the money!!

"Alvarez AP66SB" submitted January 6, 2014

By Brian K in Virginia Beach, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Martin, Alvarez Yairi and this little Parlor Guitar/ More poorly than I'd like.
Music Style: Chillwave Ragtime right
Overall: Very Nice little guitar. Mine came without the pick guard which I kind of like. In my opinion it sounds better dropped down a half step. It arrived a lot faster than I expected. Over all a very good experience with ZZsounds.

"Love it, and I'm a Taylor "snob"" submitted May 15, 2014

By Robert B in Amherst, NH
Musical Background: 50 years acoustic guitar
Music Style: folk/acoustic country/Christian
Overall: Got one of these about a month ago and can't put it down. I have always wanted a parlor size guitar which Taylor does not have in its offering. I own several Taylor guitars and I love them all but for this short amount of money, this is a great guitar. Since it does not come with a case I ordered a Road Runner classical guitar case (polyfoam) and it fits like a glove, I had my guitar tech install a Dean Markley soundhole pickup for quick plug in and retro sound. Ready to hit the farmer's markets this summer in vintage style!

"Alvarez AP66 Parlor Acoustic Guitar" submitted April 14, 2014

By Thomas Greenhalge in Westminster, CA
Overall
Overall: This is an excellent parlor size guitar, with all Mahogany top, back and sides. It sounds and plays great. Tone is very even through out the range, without being overly bright.Overall construction is very clean and well executed. The finish is a beautiful vintage sunburst.

"very nice" submitted April 27, 2014

By tom zane in wimberley, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 25+ years picking and still learn something here and there.
Music Style: classic rock mostly..
Overall: slightly alrger than a seagull parlor, this guitar is very well appointed..plays well, full rich sound..I would say that it can hold its own with parlor guitars that cost several thousand- of course there is a difference but for the money, this one isn't bad at all..I have several expensive acoustics but they are a bit fragile..this guitar is sturdy and lets face it, if something happens to it, it is only $350- so you can move on easily..a $3000 martin loss is bit harder to live with..I give this one an overall 4 star- I prefer a bit luighter finish on the top just because I think you get more natural wood sound resonance..but this guitar is a keeper all the way.

"Alvarez ap66" submitted May 4, 2014

By Michael N in Mercer, ND
Music Style: rock n blues
Overall: This is my new favorite. the action is great, the tone is much better than expected . I like the slotted head stock. The body size is perfect. I was skeptical about "made in China" but was pleasantly surprised with the quality. The neck width is great. I think I made the best choice at this price for a parlor guitar. Zzounds shipped fast!

"Alvarez ap66sb" submitted August 28, 2014

By Chris R in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Playing for 22 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz.
Overall: Great parlor guitar for the money. Many musicians buy the name, and others buy quality. This is one of those guitars that you just can't put down. It Sounds clean. it's tone is much better than other guitars I tried more than double it's price before ordering from it zzounds.

When you call, mention priority code 16HL-737G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976