When you call, mention priority code 208-77CQ

Rating and Reviews: Alvarez ABT60E Baritone

Dive down into uncharted acoustic bass tone territories with Alvarez's ABT60E baritone guitar. This acoustic-electric features B-Band Sys550 electronics.

"Alvarez ABT60E adds depth to your guitar bench!!" submitted May 12, 2016

By Mike G in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 50 years, I play drums and acoustic guitar primarily, but also enjoy electric guitar, uke, bass.
Music Style: Christian, Classic rock, folk, blues, roots, and pop.
Overall: I decided on the ABT60E after looking at every Baritone acoustic I could find. It seemed to have all the features I wanted and the price was very reasonable. I was concerned that the specs on the zZounds website were not the same as the Alvarez website, which showed some up-dated features on this model that I wanted. (LR Baggs Pickup, 1 3/4" nut). I placed the order and was approved for the "pay as you play" financing, which really helps ease the burden of buying a new instrument. The guitar arrived in two days! Everything on the guitar was perfect out of the box! I was relieved see it did have all of the up-dated features as shown on Alvarez's website. The build quality on the guitar is outstanding for a guitar in this price range! The gloss finish on the solid Sitka top is flawless, the satin finish on the B/S is a smooth as can be. The bound neck and fret work are super-smooth, and set-up is perfect, nice and low with no fret out's or buzz. Neck angle is perfect, and the neck is straight. Intonation is spot-on! As for tone, it is very full and rich with lot's of low-end and mids. The size of the guitar is a bit daunting at first, and the 27.5" scale neck along with 16-70 baritone strings take some getting used to for sure! The ONLY complaint I have with this guitar is that I hear some buzzing inside the guitar on some of the low note overtones. I can't quite place where they are coming from, but I suspect the electronics. This is annoying but doesn't affect the amplified sound at all, just when played acoustically. I'll have to take it to my luthier to fix if I can't solve it myself. zZounds did a great job on this order! This is my second purchase from zZounds, and I am sure there will be more. I also ordered the Gator Jumbo Hardshell case zZounds recommended and had it shipped in it. ( I never ship an acoustic guitar without being in a hard case). The Gator case is very nice, good, tight fit and seems well made. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and would highly recommend this ABT60E to anyone looking to add a little "depth" to their guitar bench for not a lot of money. I really had a hard time putting it down, it's a lot of fun to play! This guitar is a great value! Thanks zZounds!

"Alvarez ABT60 baritone guitar" submitted May 17, 2015

By Keith W in Arlington, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 42 years on everything from a 1970s era Strat to a Martin JC40 and many others,home,church
Music Style: Blues, rock, fusion, acoustic, electric
Overall: Overall very happy with and pleasantly surprised by the fit and finish, tone, and playability of this instrument for this price point. I own many instruments including Martin JC40 and 000 guitars, a Taylor 514, several Tacomas, etc. and feel good about giving this instrument a positive review.

"outstanding value" submitted June 14, 2015

By Bruce W in Hamilton, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 45-years folk player and semi-pro singer, I play guitar and bass
Music Style: folk & similar
Overall: Bought the ABT60E as "blemished", so at $329 it was a steal; paid my luthier $35 to reattach a loose wire in the pickup and it was fine. Guitar plays great acoustically (I haven't plugged it in yet) and the workmanship and finish are very good for this price point. I will put regular lights on to use it as a camp guitar and save my good one from the elements.

When you call, mention priority code 208-77CQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976