When you call, mention priority code 15ZF-ZS5N

Rating and Reviews: Alvarez AB60CE Bass

Find the sweet spot of acoustic bass tone on the Alvarez AB60CE. Its Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and scalloped bracing create true resonance.

"Alvarez is still the best boom for the buck" submitted July 15, 2012

By John N in Charles City, IA
Musical Background: 10
Music Style: rock, Folk, country, blues, Christian,
Overall: I went to the music store, lined up all three acoustic/ electric basses and played each in a row a Fender(599.00), an Alvarez(459.00), a a Boulder Creek(899.00). Unplugged the Fender was loud, good action but buzzed just a bit more than I liked, very fixable. The Alvarez Loud, Good action, very playable, the Boulder Creek Good action, smooth, you need a hearing aide to hear it! I could have bought any of the three. The Alvarez price tag was the smallest. I went home with the Alvarez! I never plugged the Boulder in it could have been one mean mother plugged in but, I need strictly unplugged sorry BC!. I can't give ANY manufacturers support rating.I just bought this. I have no CLUE if they are good bad or indifferent.

"Alvarez AB60CE acoustic-electric bass" submitted March 28, 2014

By Brian M in Northport, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing bass for 25 years. I use my talent God has blessed me with for his Glory on Sundays exclusively.
Music Style: Christian and Praise music
Overall: I ordered this bass online because it was really the only option a bass player has for an acoustic or most electrics sadly. I received the first one the next day after I ordered it because I payed for overnight shipping. The bass arrived with a crack behind the bridge. Needless to say I was very disappointed. I immediately contacted Zzounds. They furnished the shipping label and promised me a replacement would ship out that day overnight to me. This was important because I needed the bass for an acoustic set we were doing that Sunday. The guitar did not ship that day. It shipped the next day and did not arrive till that Monday. I was disappointed. When the replacement did arrive it also had a crack behind the bridge but this crack was in the seam where they joined the two top pieces. I was livid, but this is where Zzounds showed how great a company they are. They reimbursed my Luthiers cost to repair it and discounted the bass. They are a great company and truly aren't happy until you are. I will continue to buy from Zzounds in the future. I would recommend all bass players buy their acoustic basses from Zzounds. The guitar will always need a setup from your local guys but you get such a better deal with Zzounds it's still a good deal. In summary a bass player will nearly always have to buy an acoustic version online because most all guitar stores cater to guitarists. It's just a fact, but bassists can buy from Zzounds with 100% peace of mind because they have your back and will always go the extra mile with customer service. So go ahead buy it. There's no excuse.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZF-ZS5N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976