When you call, mention priority code 161P-TBLG

Rating and Reviews: Alesis TransActive System

Perfect for the traveling musician, this Alesis PA system is road-ready with a built-in, rechargeable battery, microphone and rugged, wheeled enclosure.

"A lot for a little." submitted January 9, 2011

By a customer from nycap.rr.com
Musical Background: Semi-pro
Music Style: Eclectic
Sound: It's loud for a little box. Feature: I love the iPod dock. I wish it had a little eq. Ease of Use: A few volume knobs... That's it. Quality: For the mone... wow!!!!!!! Value: So much sound for a few bucks. This unit rocks for practice or backyard parties. Not for the stage. It runs on a built in battery, for heaven's sake! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call. The Wow Factor: It's not sexy, but it does everything it says it can, and a lot more. Overall: No better bargain. I might by another.

"Working great for me" submitted May 5, 2013

By steve m in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Jazz
Overall: Been using the Transactive for small club gig. Power is just right for the small bar that I play to... using the iPod connection works wonders for me as I produce BG bass and drum tracks to play with on stage. Have had it for about a year now and there have been no breakdowns as of yet. Wheels are great for my aging back! This product is probably a godsend. I'm glad I purchased it for the application it's used for.

"Rugged Luggable Self-Powered PA Amp" submitted December 26, 2011

Musical Background: Home studio musician
Music Style: Soundtracks/Theatrical Scoring
Sound: Sound quality is great - have it connected as a pair with an Alesis Transactive 50 for the second channel. Power isn't overwhelming by itself, but good for smaller gigs, or outdoors on-the-street playing (especially the built-in battery part). Feature: Good portable amp with sturdy built-in rollerbag wheels and handle. Includes a Lead-Acid 12 battery for built-in power. The iPod mount is okay - compatible with most Gen 4+ iPods. I happen to still have a Gen 3 Classic 40GB, and it doesn't charge or route audio for it - but the external 3.5mm input works fine. The iPod Touch works fine though. Since the mount is up-top, it wasn't designed to travel with the iPod mounted - which would have been a little better functionality (mounting the iPod more flush and flat, maybe with a protective cover so it can be left in the mount. Ease of Use: Plug it in, and turn it on. Mic/line inputs are TRS+XLR (including 48V phantom). Very playable, but without guitar-amp distortion/overdrive capability (it's more of a keyboard amp). The speaker stand mount on the bottom is useful to get it up off the ground. Quality: Great build-quality and lots of metal where it counts. Have been burning it in for several days and like most Alesis products it just keeps on going. Value: Better power and volume than most in this price range. Manufacturer Support: I like Alesis value for feature personality - it makes using their products fun for people on smaller budgets. The Wow Factor: Great for portable gigging without need for external AC (or supplying it to other musicians - wherein a standard generator would be better). Overall: Seems very workable for multiple uses, as is the Trans 50. Not sure yet about replacing the battery easily, but looks like a standard lantern pack.

Alesis TransActive System Customer Review submitted December 27, 2010

By a customer from nycap.rr.com
Musical Background: Keyboardist, semi-pro
Music Style: Almost everything (not classical)
Sound: Wow! I expected it be a little whimpy, but it blew my sox off! Plenty of bass, good highs and surprising volume! Even without basic EQ, it sounded great! Feature: Lots of inputs and a nice microphone too! I would have given it a ten if it had EQ. Ease of Use: As easy as it comes. Quality: Excellent quality at a fantastic, low price. This is built for the practice room or a backyard party! Value: I would have given it an "11" or "12" if it was available. No better bang for the buck, ANYWHERE!!!! Manufacturer Support: Can't judge, no problems. However, I have owned other Alesis products and have never had a complaint. The Wow Factor: Well, this is not a "state of the art" product. It is an excellent packaging of basic technology at a ridiculously low price. Overall: Honestly, this is not a professional level piece of gear or an audiophile's dream. However, it is a little handy piece of gear that would be great for the practice room, backyard party, a tailgate gathering or a teenie little gig. It is well worth the money and will be a very practical tool.

Alesis TransActive System Customer Review submitted May 5, 2011

Musical Background: Drummer
Music Style: Christian Rock
Sound: Well I bought this for my upcoming wedding which will be outside. I'm partially deaf so I'm probably not the best person to ask about sound quality. I did let my worship leader take a look at it and he loves it. He was surprise that something so small and battery powered could pump out that much sound. It has a really crisp tone. The mic needs to be turn all the way up to hear but it sounds great once it's at the correct volume.Otherwise it is great products for small venues. Feature: The only thing we wish it had was a trebel and bass knob to give it a little more low end. Also with it had a headphone jack. This PA did come with a mic which was great. I love the fact that my ipod can be charged through the dock. That really comes in handy because my ipod didn't last as long as the amp did so when I got the low battery warning on my ipod, instead of having to turn the music off, I just flipped the charge ipod switch and we still was able to enjoy the music. Ease of Use: Although personally I felt the manual wasn't clear, the product was easy enough to use without the manual. The only thing that I had trouble figuring out at first was that there was a little protector piece on the part that needed to be removed before you could attach the ipod. Quality: I love the appearence and it is very sturdy. Wish the handles were a little more sturdier but overall very pleased how the product was made. Manufacturer Support: I email the company about a price of a product and there was a very fast response and great customer service.

"Let your Tailgate Party ROCK!" submitted November 30, 2009

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Sound: This thing rocks! Tailgaters listen up, You need this for the party to really take off. Plays for hours and the sound is great. If you really feel like getting crazy grab the included microphone and sing along. RCA jacks are great to play from any source. I use it for sound from a DVD player when on camping trips with the kids. just add a small projector and you have yourself a moble theater. Best deal going right now! Manufacturer Support: No, and I hope I never will. Bought a 3 year warranty.
25 of 31 people (80.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 161P-TBLG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976