When you call, mention priority code 173K-YYBQ

Rating and Reviews: Alesis QX49 Keyboard

Connect this controller to your Mac, PC or MIDI hardware, and start making beats, melodies and more.

Overall

"Power,precision,versatality, total control,and excellent value!" submitted August 11, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician.
Music Style: RnB,Chrisrian Rock,Abstract,Hip-Hop.
Sound: I Give it a 10 because it does exactly what you want it to do.You can manually manipulate the sounds of any virtual instrument.In the Reason software,when you move the pitch and modulation sliders you actually see the movement on the virtual instruments.Now, for the record,THIS IS NOT A KEYBOARD!IT'S A KEYBOARD CONTROLLER! It enables you to do what you want to do with every instrument in any software.I personally use Ableton,Mixcraft 5,and Reason.And oh yeah,I Do whatever I please,courtesy of my Alesis QX49.Great price excellent peformance! Feature: This product comes with Ableton Live Lite 8(Alesis Edition)FREE!That was a great thing for me,considering Ableton software start at $499.00.It's a production software that enables you to make real professional sounding music.I was suprised to see how many famous and legendary musicians and Hip-Hop producers use this particular software!Excellent buy,hands down! Ease of Use: I say 9 because I'm still trying to figure out how to actually use the surface of this controller.Moderate amount of buttons,knobs,and sliders.But those things are multi-fuctional.However that doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do. Quality: Very light,well put together.Not cheap and cheasey looking! Value: need I say more? Manufacturer Support: I think they're in england.Took them a couple of days to get back to me, but when they did,they were courteous and very professional. The Wow Factor: Sleek and modest appearance.Looks nice,not cheap and cheasey! Overall: Couple of years.Then I'm going to by something brasen.
20 of 22 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A Good Starter MIDI Controller!" submitted March 10, 2012

By Brandon T
Musical Background: Everything.
Music Style: All Types!
Overall: The Alesis QX49 sports all of the necessary features to get you laying down tracks right away! It works in all DAWS and has 49 keys,4 pads (Buttons), Volume/Pan Control, a modulation wheel, a pitch wheel, and all other normal characteristics of a MIDI Controller! The Only Issues I encountered was a sustain glitch in which the controller would sustain a note(s) and not stop until you quit you VST or RTAS plug-in. Unfortunately, this would happen quite regularly but Alesis have put out a firmware upgrade on their website which has solved this issue. Overall, I do recommend this product as long as you download the firmware update. 3.5/5 Stars, Good Product Alesis!

"horrible" submitted January 30, 2012

Musical Background: drummer, guitar player
Music Style: whatever pays the bills
Overall: the bad: the keys were way to tight.....it felt as if you were digging into the keys to get sound...its not a sensitivity software problem. keys are infact touch sensitive. i just had to play alot harder than average to get louder sounds. tried adjusting it and that did not work. the four pads were no better. some novice producers would argue in favor of it just to do simple bass lines or chords----not on this item!!!!! you will imediately hate it. .(went to the local best buy and tried the "maudio keystation 49"and it felt like playing on butter compared to this one)the good: it was pretty easy to map this on sonar. i got every knob and slider to interact with controlling all of my tracks....this was pretty cool.... conclusion: alesis has a pretty cool thing going with this item budget wise. if there was only a way to soften the its touch or shorten the amount of distance that it takes for the keys trigger this would be a pretty completitive controller. I TRIED 2 OF THEM ON 2 DIFFERENT UP TO DATE COMPUTERS(2.7 ghz and 3.1 ghz quad core) BOTH WITH SAME RESULTS!!!!!!!!

"so so" submitted November 6, 2012

By Bobby R in camby, IN
Overall
Musical Background: i have been playing so long i cant remember a guitar,piano,mandolin or bass not being around
Music Style: Progmetal ,thrash metal,blues,jazz,country and produceing
Overall: I bought the alesis qx49 cause I was looking for a cheap first synth based keyboard I like all the features it has but I don't like that you have to push hard on the keys for any sound I also didn't like that it took me a while to get it to work with the ableton live lite software that came with it ,I will eventually upgrade it to some thing better

When you call, mention priority code 173K-YYBQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976