When you call, mention priority code 20C-PXPP

Rating and Reviews: Alesis Pro X DM10 Hi-Hat

The Alesis Pro X hi-hat controller has a realistic feel, responsive sound, and it integrates seamlessly with your DM10 or DM8 electronic drum kit.

"I kind of want to cry" submitted March 18, 2015

By Adrian H in Virginia Beach, VA
Musical Background: Been playing music for 30 years
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, reggae, blues, jam,
Overall: I was so excited when I saw these getting ready to come out. I thought for sure that Alesis had put together a unit that would make the other hi-hat look bad. Like so many others, I spent hours tweeking my settings and I'm afraid that It just isn't what I had hoped. I have been salivating over the Zildjian Gen 16s, but they are very expensive. I had really hoped that this cymbal would at least be good enough to stave off the desire to put out that kind of money. now I only want the Zildjians even more. I cant get this new hi-hat to be even as good as the old "Realhat" I am just so sad that it makes me a little sick to my stomach.

"I have played them, but have not purchased yet, prob. won't and heres why......." submitted September 24, 2015

By BK H in Bradenton, FL
Musical Background: 48 years, drummer, percusionist, song writer
Music Style: Mostly Rock and Country Rock, but open to all styles of music!!!
Overall: First, I want to say that THIS REVIEW IS IN NO WAY OUT TO HURT ZOUNDS AT ALL...... And I am an owner of an Alesis DMX 10 SET!!! Sooo......The other reviews give a "REAL WORLD" look at a new Alesis product. However, it looks like Alesis did the same thing that they did with the original ADAT, and that was to put it out into the "market place" ( probably because the sales dept. overrode the R & D dept., who knows that the hi-hat is not 100% ready to go ) before ALL THE BUGS were worked out. Not too mention that, if Alesis wants to be competitive they need to make a more realistic set of cymbals, if need be, make them similar to Zildjian's E-Cymbals, which mimics real cymbals anyway, which is what drummers want in the first place, ya know the abundance of sounds that an E-drumming system has/is and that looks like real drums!

"Good product with poor setup instructions." submitted September 25, 2014

By Dov Zazkis in Stillwater, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Ive played guitar for 20 years and I recently decided to learn drums
Music Style: Blues/ Rock
Overall: I bought this to work with my DM8. It does pretty much everything I expected it to and is of similar quality to the rest of my DM8 kit. The instructions for how to set it up were specific to the DM10. So setting it up took a little bit of thinking as to which wires go where. You have to use the wires from the DM8's octopus cable and not the cables it comes with and tells you to use in the instruction. Once it was set up I was very happy with the playability.

"Not what I expected" submitted January 2, 2015

By Tom D in Reno, NV
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years +; professional. Guitar, bass, saxophone, drums, vocals
Music Style: Any and all styles
Overall: These cymbals did not work at all correctly. Spent several hours trying to get them to work and subsequently accidentally wiped all my custom kits. Very disappointed indeed.

When you call, mention priority code 20C-PXPP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976