When you call, mention priority code 1655-M2GW

Rating and Reviews: Alesis Performance Pad

Provided with inputs for iPods, CDs, computers, and more plus a series of programmed sounds, the Performance Pad has everything you need to get started.

"Disappointed" submitted March 24, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: former active musician, currently hobbyist
Music Style: classic rock
Sound: No complaints about sound quality. Feature: External kick drum controller requires that 1 pad be dedicated to kick drum. I believe that the hi-hat controller requires 2 pads (one open, one closed) but am waiting for confirmation on this. This uses up 3 pads instead of 1, leaving only 5 for other sounds. Ease of Use: No complaints about user interface. Pads have a solid feel and good bounce. Quality: Experienced consistent mistriggering of snare Value: It is $250 cheaper than the Roland Manufacturer Support: Didn't get the answers I was hoping for, but they answered my emails within a couple of days, and I had no trouble getting through on the phone on one occasion. The Wow Factor: 'tis a silly question Overall: It is going back from whence it came. I guess I have to save up for a more expensive unit, such as the Roland.
30 of 45 people (66.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Junk by any other name." submitted January 1, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Active touring musicain, recording engineer, producer.
Music Style: Reggae, R&B, Hip Hop, Techno, Pop, Rock
Sound: This product is crap. I am a full-time touring musician and I bought this machine to supplement my sounds on stage and it is not working well at all. I had it now for just over 3 weeks and 4 of the 8 pads no longer work, the LCD display went out on me and you can't read it in low lighting situations. The first pad went after just two days of working with it. The sound quality is not good at all. I would returned it but I am overseas now. Not worth the money. Everyday something else goes on it. Trust me, it is junk. Spend your money on something more expensive for this product is not good at all. They will be hearing from me when I get back to the states. Buy the Roland SPDS for you will be happier with it. A friend of mine has one and I will be getting one to replace this junk. Feature: This product is not made well. No accessories and its usefulness is shabby at best when it works. Poor workmanship at best. Don't buy this product invest in something more worthwhile for you will not be happy with this one at all especially if you plan to use it on stage. I play out 6 nights a week and this product crapped out on me after one day. Ease of Use: The sounds are not that good. I have heard a lot better. The external triggers are set to the pad and if you change the external it changes the pad sound as well. What in the world are these guys thinking? What usefulness is that? I figured the interface out without out for the manual is not that clear. I read it and didn't get much from it that is why I usually don't read manuals for they are always written poorly. Quality: Not good. Not worth the money at any price. Value: I would not get another one even if they were giving them away for free. Zero reliability on this one. Manufacturer Support: I cannot contact the company yet for I am touring in Thailand and wont be back states sides for two months. They will hear from me alright. You can count on that for sure. The Wow Factor: It is a tool nothing more. Nothing sexy about it at all. Can't read the display in low lighting. They miss the boat on that one. If I can't count on it on the road, then it is of no use to me no matter how it looks. Overall: Don't buy it. You will not be happy with it.

When you call, mention priority code 1655-M2GW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976