When you call, mention priority code 14R7-BV9N
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Alesis NanoVerb 2 FX

Packed with 256 useful effects programs, this hardware reverb couldn't be simpler to use. Twist the knobs to dial in true stereo delay, chorus, and more.

"Alesis Nanoverb 2" submitted November 5, 2012

By Jim B
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, playing 40 years or so, currently play in a Classic Rock band a couple times/month.
Music Style: Classic Rock...
Sound: The sound is decent, no hum or buzz or hiss detected at useable levels with a properly set up effects send/return loop. My lead singer really liked the Delay/Reverb preset 11. Feature: It's digital, it's quick and easy and has good sound. It has a footswitch jack, so if you use it on a guitar amp in an effects loop you can click on the effects with an optional footswitch. A minor downside: Alesis products often use a 9V AC adapter; that is the output voltage is AC, not DC, which are sometimes harder to find if you lose one, plus they're not compatable with a lot of common effects pedal adapters. This is a minor annoyance and a potential problem if you lose one just before a job. Ease of Use: Seems good. No learning curve here, just dial the dials 'til you find something you like. I put it in the loop on my 25 year old Peavey powered mixer, and it essentially gave it electronic effects just like a modern mixer has. The manual is pretty minimal, but this isn't something you need to haul the manual to the band job to figure out. Quality: Looks solid however the knobs stick out so there is always a potential for a drop and break. Value: Product is worth the price, and zZounds price is currently very competitive. Manufacturer Support: Never had the need to contact the company. The Wow Factor: This is a pretty cool little effects unit. They packed a lot of stuff in a small package, and kept it pretty simple and inexpensive. Overall: I have had experience with a prior series of Alesis Micro products, the Micro Reverb and the Micro Limiter, which are 1/3 rack space units. They were great little items, and I was looking for something similarly compact and simple that had decent quality. I've had the Nanoverb 2 (second generation) for a few weeks now, used it for practices and am satisfied with it. The item couldn't be simpler, but it is more than a one-trick pony, with a variety of effects and combo's, but I mainly bought it to use with an older powered mixer that did not have EFX built in, or to use for variations in a lead vocal channel on the main mixer. The unit has a clip light, a pilot light, level and mix controls. It works fine in mono, using the left channel. One thing to consider, is the size is a bit more than 1/3 and a bit less than 1/2 a standard rack. It's essentially a stand-alone unit for my purposes. Measure it up first if you need to rack mount it.

"nanoverb 2" submitted July 15, 2012

By Peter Z in Brooklyn, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I play bass professionally for 30 years.
Music Style: I use this unit mostly for swing and gypsy jazz gigs. Some light pop gigs too.
Overall: I needed this unit because the pa at two small places I play has no effects, and my vocals need all the help I can get! The nanoverb does help, and I will continue to use it, but I don't love the effects. They don't seem as crisp and clear as I'm used to. I use the reveb/delay setting to give the voice some body, and it does, but at the expense of some vocal clarity. But bottom line: I found a setting or two I can live with, and it does sound better than with completely dry setting, so if you need some wetting down, this is reasonable and portable. Seems well made.

"Alesis NanoVerb 2" submitted June 4, 2014

By Joseph Young in Joliet, IL
Overall
Overall: I am very happy with this unit. It works perfect. Thank you!

"Great processor!" submitted May 3, 2012

By Denny W in Denton, MD
Overall
Musical Background: playing drums 51 years and working with sound about 44 of those.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country, Country Rock & Contemporary Christian.
Overall: I bought this, received it one day and used it the next. Did a whole weekend festival with it and got many comments on the sound (Did not have to look at the manual). I have a very old Peavey board that has not built in effects and this sure did the trick (used my old board, which I was familiar with a 16ch like it, for the very first time) I just added amount of effects as I was going, since I didn't have time nor anyone to help me do a sound check, ahead of time. Very easy to use and has a great sound. What more can you ask for!

"Big joy" submitted May 4, 2012

By Jacek Piwowski in Fairbanks, AK
Overall
Musical Background: Play at home, experimenting and searching new unusial sounds.
Music Style: electronic music was captivating me since my elementary grade in 1973.
Overall: Processor has lot combinations to use. Compact size fit any tabletop. Light and good value present well product.

"OK for what it is made for" submitted April 13, 2013

By Donn S in Sugar Land, TX
Musical Background: NA type flute...approx 6 years
Music Style: NA type flute....from the heart
Overall: I had purchased this product to add to effects needed for recording and performance. It does what is expected. I had down loaded the manual to make sure I understood the proper hook up...but was perplexed at the glossed over discussion of the power supply. While it is insisted that only the power supply supplied was to be used, I kept wondering why. After receiving the unit, I had to examine both the power wall wart and the unit itself. It was not until then that I found that the power for the unit is 9 volt AC not DC. The plug will fit either and is not protected to be used only by AC. The unit has no warning sign on the plug area and no indication of the exact type of power to be used. Being only AC...and not being able to use Battery, or the filtered multitap DC foot pedal power supply was a great draw back in not being able to use as portable as was intended for my use. So, it will be only for the studio. Just be aware of this feature if you expected to have this unit cold turkey on the road. Hard to believe the company would produce such a fine product that was not DC portable. And to not mark it properly.

"Alesis Nanoverb 2" submitted February 2, 2014

By Dan K in Shepherd, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Have played guitar, mandolin, uke, bass over 60 years - 50 years semi-pro.
Music Style: Jazz, country, folk, some pop, some classical - bare handed, mostly.
Overall: I used a Nanoverb (original) for many years and had great results from it. However, the Nanoverb 2 that I recently purchased and returned was nothing like the original unit. This was a slightly used box and maybe it had some issues. The sound was hollow and just plain wierd. I hooked it up as a left channel in/out, just as I always had done. And I also hooked up as a right channel in/out. So I don't really know if it was only this unit or others of the same model that would yield the same results. Also, the right knob process didn't win me over - I should have tried harder to find a Nanoverb original.

When you call, mention priority code 14R7-BV9N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976