When you call, mention priority code 16JQ-SXNL

Rating and Reviews: Alesis MultiMix 8 USB FX

The Alesis MultiMix 8 USB compact mixer with built-in effects doubles as a computer recording interface so you can mix, record, or do both at the same time.

"Nice little mixer" submitted August 5, 2014

By Matt M in Erie, PA
Overall
Overall: I bought a Chapman Stick with a MIDI interface but I didn't want to jump into a full rig with a bass amp, guitar amp and synth amp until I felt like I was getting a grip on playing an instrument that's new to me. The Alesis MultiMix 8 USB FX Mixer was a great, inexpensive alternative to a set of amps.It's also nice because I can add a little chorus or reverb and control the gain on the pickups to get a little distortion like a guitar amp. With the mixer I can run both channels of the Stick in along with the synth's stereo output plus I can stream music to play along with from my Mac and mix it all perfectly into a pair of headphones. I think any family will appreciate practicing with headphones. It's been a great little practice rig.

"Pretty Cool Unit!!" submitted January 18, 2013

By Darius D in Eastpointe, MI
Musical Background: Playing 25+ years
Music Style: Funk Jazz R&b Hip Hop Country and Classic Rock
Overall: Great piece of equipment for the price especially. I use it with my Aleses DM 10 Studio Drumset for studio and live action. Does everything I was looking for and more.

"Alesis multimix 8 usb fx" submitted December 8, 2013

By Jesse S in Augusta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Play guitar on and off (mostly off) for 40 years at home I'm not a guitarist ,I mostly sing but do love to play as a pass time
Music Style: I love SOUTHERN ROCK in the style of SKYNYRD , ALLMAN BROS. , CCR .any kind of modern blues !
Overall: The price was a little less than other sellers for the same product , the shipping was free , it was processed and shipped very quickly , packaged securely and arrived in perfect condition ! What more can You ask of an online seller ! I can't speak to any form of service repair because I haven't needed to use that part of zZounds !I did call and speak to a Sales Rep to ask a couple questions about proper setup and the Rep walked me thru it perfectly! Very professional ! Thanks zZounds.com

"alesis multimix 8 usb fx" submitted March 1, 2012

By Dab R
Overall
Overall: Does not have MIDI IN/OUT. 16 bit not 32 bit, if such things matter to you. If you know what you want- this is great. I would rather mix with hardware than software, so this was for me. You can get a MIDI port with no mixing or fx for about the same price. Just know what you want. The on board reverbs and other fx are very nice, smooth as butter. 2T ins/outs useful, if you do not want to fuss with USB recording. This unit is quite compact, which I like- does not take up my desktop. Useful for all sorts of home studio projects, and just perfect for recording with 2 mics. The first 2 channels have sweepable EQ (you can get several different tones just by twisting knobs) and inserts where you can put stereo insert cables in and send them to your stereo compressor (Alesis 3630). This unit has exactly what i wanted at a great price. The included software Cubase LE 5 seems really great and has tons of bells and whistles. The product registration with Steinberg was tediously long, but instructions were clear and simple. Tech support is through Alesis. IMPORTANT: You have to open a new Cubase project to find manuals for software under help menu.
32 of 37 people (86.49%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"ALESIS Multimix 8 usb fx mixer" submitted October 31, 2012

By mike dunker in tukwila, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I PLAY DRUMS ,BEEN PLAYING SENCE 1982 , I PLAY @ HOME FOR FUN WITH FRIENDS
Music Style: ROCK, METAL ,SOME JASS , ALERNITIVE ROCK
Overall: This mixer is a good one!!! I ONLY USED SOME OF IT SO FAR !!! ITS AN EXCELLENT MIXER FOR THE PRICE!!! THANKYOU zZounds FOR THE GREAT SERVICE.

"Grave omission on specs" submitted April 3, 2013

Overall
Overall: If you look at the specs it doesn't say whether the mixer's in/out are -10 or +4, even on the Alesis website. I had assumed it would be a +4 system to interface with most pro equipment. Wrong! It's a -10 system which means it will not drive any pro powered speaker (unless they have a -10 switch). It also means that any +4 pres will easily overwhelm the inputs. Considering that they put a semi-parametric EQ one would think that the intended use is somewhat for the serious amateur or pro needing a small format, portable mixer therefore, it confuses me why they would then use -10 for Ins/Outs - I had to sell mine because it wouldn't drive my speakers and couldn't interface with any of my gear. Only after emailing Alesis more than once was I be able to pry the information from the customer service rep. Very deceiving. It should be plainly stated in the specs, IMO.

When you call, mention priority code 16JQ-SXNL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976