When you call, mention priority code 20B-MXB8

Rating and Reviews: Alesis DM7X Session

Improve your drumming skills and technique with the Alesis DM7X module's metronome, built-in learning mode, and 60 play-along music tracks.

"Alesis DM7X Session Kit" submitted March 11, 2014

By T J in EL Dorado, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player for many years.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal & Country
Overall: I am a guitar player, but have always wanted a drum kit to learn on. This was a great choice. Very easy to set up and very easy to dial in your favorite sounds. It seems well built and sturdy. I would recommend this kit to anyone wanting to enjoy playing without having to spend a fortune or getiing kicked out of the neighborhood.

"Great Kit" submitted February 9, 2015

By William W in Paris, TX
Musical Background: Drums/Guitar/Keyboard
Music Style: rock/alt/progressive/metal/jazz
Overall: Perfect for the practicing drummer that does not wish to have the authorities called for noise complaints! Compact kit-fits just about anywhere. Great sounds - easily customized to fit your style of playing. Every once in a while pads can be triggered elsewhere then the one that you are currently playing on. The triggering is not really audible in any way, but you can see that it is being triggered because of the indicator lights on the module. In no way is it a con. It is not noticeable.

"Great practice tool!" submitted April 1, 2014

By Kent H in jasper, GA
Musical Background: 30 yrs
Music Style: rock country blues electronic
Overall: quality,fit and finish as described.90% of samples are color hits,ect.the 10% are very real and make it fun to practice on,and may be good enough for some quality recordings.

"Avoid" submitted June 10, 2015

By Aaron B in Indianapolis, IN
Musical Background: Home studio musician with 20 years experience
Overall: Out of the box, the hi-hat pedal was a problem. Even the minutest of pressure changes will register as opening the control and interrupt your steady groove with an unexpected hi-hat splash. It's very distracting. I have found I can manage it some by setting my foot directly on the top of the control rather than having it angled along the pedal like you normally would. With my foot right above the trigger pressing down, the control mostly stays locked closed. I'd also note that I emailed Alesis about this issue. After several days, they did respond and offered to replace the pedal if I paid return shipping costs. As it sounds like the problem is universal to the system, I didn't feel like paying and losing my pedal for a month. Their customer service response time is SLOW!Within my first week of owning the kit a slight groove under the hi-hat pad developed where it rubs against the joint connecting it to its support. So far it’s held up, but it’s definitely a sign of easy wear and tear.After about 6 months of mild home studio use, the USB port died for no discernible reason. I've tried a few cables with a few computers in a couple of DAWs to try to eliminate the possibility that it's anything other than a problem with the unit, and everything points back to the DM7x just being faulty. Pretty sad to have a kit for only 6 months suddenly lose what to me is its primary function, outputting MIDI via USB to my laptop. I've patched it by using a MIDI to USB converter in the MIDI IN/OUT sockets on the DM7X module, but this isn't ideal.And then after a year of fairly tame home studio use, the hi-hat cymbal pad lost all ability to sense hits near the edge of the pad. This is where I strike the hi-hat most often. I've switched the pad with what was serving as the crash pad because I use the crash the least and tend to hit it much more toward the center of the pad. That's serviceable as a way to keep this jalopy running, but it's the equivalent of a duct tape fix. If I had a Rock Band toy drum kit that broke after a year of use, I wouldn't hold it against the toy manufacturer so much. The DM7X is priced and marketed as an intro kit, but not a toy. It is supposed to be a playable, real (if virtual) instrument. Losing multiple major functions after one year of light to moderate use fixed in one location in a home studio is unacceptable. I would HIGHLY recommend you look for a different kit if you have any desire to continue playing it after the 1st year and especially if you plan on really taking the kit out anywhere or playing with Dave Grohl-ish ferocity. I've done neither of those latter two things and still have had the kit quickly fall apart to be almost completely useless.

"Dm6 usb electronic drum set" submitted September 10, 2015

By Chris b in Saratoga springs, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a drummer / guitar player,I have been playing for 15 years,and I'm playing bass and harmonica.
Music Style: i like rock hardcore classic rock and blues.
Overall: i purchased an alesis pro kit from your site,I have used it for live shows parties and band practice.It has withstood all the use and never an issue I recommend getting the 7x

"Alesis DMX7" submitted March 31, 2014

Overall
Overall: Awesome kit...takes up very little space. Sounds and plays great ...

"Hi-Hat Pedal Is a Dud" submitted July 8, 2014

By Aaron B in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a home recording artist who's been in bands in the past and played guitar for 20 years or so.
Music Style: Whatever suits my fancy
Overall: This kit mostly works. You hit a pad and get a drum sound. I'm not a fan of Alesis proprietary "snake cables" that all end in one connection. Without separate connections into the module, if one branch of the cable breaks, they're all toast. The biggest problem I've encountered so far is the hi-hat pedal. It's SUPER sensitive. I've learned to open and close it with my big toe rather than foot. And that's all it takes to register as open or closed, the minute movement of a big toe. Forget getting reliable performance in shoes! Other reviewers on other sites have noted this problem, so I don't think it's just that I have an oddball faulty unit.

"Alesis DM7X Session Electronic Drum Set " submitted April 1, 2014

By T J in , AR
Overall
Musical Background: 45+ years of playing guitar, bass guitar and other stringed instruments. Mostly play at home for fun.
Music Style: Rock, blues & some country.
Overall: Excellent kit for small spaces. Great sound, tons of choices and very enjoyable to play. I am not a drummer, but have always wanted to learn, and with limited space and the ability to play quietly, this was the perfect choice for me. Easy set up and very well made. I am very happy with the DM7X Session kit. zZounds is the only online store I will make major musical purchases from. Every experience I've had with zZounds has been great!

When you call, mention priority code 20B-MXB8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976