When you call, mention priority code 16XJ-X8NV

Rating and Reviews: Alesis DM-10 Studio Set

Based on the powerful DM10 sound module, the Alesis DM10 Studio Kit has RealHead drum pads, DMPad Cymbals and the super-steady StageRack. Kick pedal not included.

"YYZ" submitted June 29, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: active musician.
Music Style: hardcore rap, grindcore, TTP, r&l, big band, small band
Sound: The sound is what really surprised me the most with this set. Other that the lack of/poor quality on the snare rim sounds, everything else is pretty top notch. I have not owned a Roland but have played every model extensively. Only for comparative reasons (Roland being the standard of electronic kits, Im not Roland bashing here) I would never purchase one knowing that this exists for WAY!!!!! less than the price of a comparable Roland. Or Yamaha for that matter. The Mylar heads are a bit loud but knowing this I had a set of mesh heads on order the minute i ordered this. Sounds are about as good as it gets in an electronic kit. Feature: Again, using price as standard, this is by far the best value around. A six piece set, all dual or triple zone ( except kick, but come on ) and two crash cymbals. Nothing comes close. Module is top notch. My only gripe/recommendation is to offer this with mesh head upgrades. Mylar is a good idea but is too loud. Isn't the ability to play while the kids/neighbors are in bed the reason you're considering this? ( just for clarity, the mylar is about the equivalent to banging on a hardback textbook. that seems to be a big question regarding this kit.) Ease of Use: If you have any experience with Alesis products ( drum machines etc..) this will be pretty simple. The interface takes time to learn but is absolutely worth it considering EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything, can be adjusted. It is pretty time consuming setting up all your custom kits but hey, it only has to be done once and you'll be playing a great sounding kit. Quality: Nothing is perfect. The rack seems well built, however the clamps are plastic and probably wont stand up to many teardowns/setups. I see this being an issue in the future and they will probably need to be replaced. If your plan is to set this up and leave it where it sits, your kids will be playing this set during your eulogy. The pads are tight and solid. The module, again, is great. I think it will last a while. Value: If this set suits your needs, get it. You won't find anything even close in value. The sounds, the construction and the interface are great. The pads feel as close as you can get to acoustic. The mesh upgrade is a must ( Billy Blast 3 ply. Cost me 116 dollars shipped for all pads ) but that is something I am more than happy to deal with. I have played 30+ sets in the last six months and I wouldn't consider any of them knowing what I know now. GET IT. Manufacturer Support: DONT SKIP THIS. VERY IMPORTANT Ok here is what is great. Minus Alesis keeping me on hold for about 15 minutes per call, They were very helpful. My kit came with a bad module originally. Kept freezing up. I upgraded the software (very easy to do BTW)and reset the module to factory. Alesis gave me the option of either shipping it back to them for a replacement module (at their cost of course) or sending my set back to Zzounds. I opted to go with Zzounds, they ship extremely fast and I was ready to have a set to play. Zzounds paid return shipping and shipped me out a spankin' new set for free ( and I know the shipping on this thing isn't cheap). By far the best customer service around. Alesis support staff know the products well and were very helpful too. The Wow Factor: Looks good. But thats not what matters right?? The sound is phenomenal. I have ran this through a Hartke bass amp ( I know, weird )for recording and the sound is very realistic. Of course, other brands might sound a little better, but not enough to pay a dollar more than this. Once again, if this suits you, GET IT. You always have the 30 day test drive. Overall: Being that you can expand and expand with this module, I don't think ill be searching for a long, long time. I think in all this will support about 22 different triggers. The possibilities!!! I am very happy with it. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. Joeydefore@yahoo.com - Ill be happy to answer any questions.
216 of 219 people (98.63%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Stop looking. This is THE kit!" submitted April 25, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist,
Music Style: Metal, hard rock, blues, smooth jazz,
Sound: The "Zzounds" of this drum set are very realistic. Only pads that really needed calibration were the hihat and 3 zone ride cymbal out of the box. Drums and cymbals are sensitive to your stick impact velocity. Hit them soft and the sound produced is soft, hit them hard and the sound produced is louder. Suttle differences can be heard from soft to loud and everywhere inbetween. I am able to get most sounds I want from this kit by just using the preset kit I dial in. Preset kits, percusion and synth crazyness provide enough options to accomidate most any style of music. Playing kit thru the headphone jack is very nice. Close your eyes and you wouldn't know from the sound that this is an eletronic kit. Have run my set thru a mixer along with a guitar and the results were very satifiying. Feature: I took advantage of the free JAMDOCK offer so I can play along with the music on my Ipod. JAMDOCK sends the Ipod tunage to the drum module so you can practice to your favorite tunes. For the price range of this set, the features you get are more than adequate. Ease of Use: Most preset kits are ready to use as is. Depending on you playing style you may want to adjust parameters of kit to suite your own taste. Lots of parameters to play with so everyone should be able to get what they want out of this kit. Now days most musicians have been exposed to computer interfaces thru digital effects products. I was able to easily navigate to different presets, add a sequence ( accompanyment ), mute the drum sequence and play along with the remaiing accompanyment sounds with the drum kit without reading the manual. Manual is easy to understand and walks you thru each process without confusion. Most active accoustic drummers will have to become accustomed to the trigger pads. There is a slightly different feel to playing the components of this electronic kit compared to an acoustic kit but this goes for any electronic kit as well. New drummers just learning how to play won't be prejudiced from playing an accoustic set and will not experience a difference compared to an accoustic sets response. The real head drum heads were a selling point for me although they are padded under the head ( due to the trigger mechinsm inside I suppose )so the stick response is not as responsive as an accoustic kit but easily overcome the more you use the kit. I didn't see much difference in response compared to the other electronic head options ( Mesh and Rubber ) on the market. Quality: I purchased this kit for my home studio and I am very pleased with what I received. Keeping that in mind, I think I will get many years of use out of the DM10 kit. For those of you thinking about hauling this kit around to shows / practice etc. as long as you take care of your kit it should meet your expectations. The gloss black rack is well made and very sturdy once it's set up. All the pad mounts are made of hard plastic, look sturdy but they are not metal. Those moving this kit around alot might invest in some metal clamps that are on the market. The rack tubing at 1-1/2" thick will except aftermarket metal clamps. For home / studio use this kit will last many years as is. The kit looks very professional set up. Very nice to just sit and look at much less play. Value: Price of the DM10 Studio Kit was 1/3 of the selling points that sold me on buying it. Does much more than other brands at less the price. Manufacturer Support: Have not had the opportunity to deal with Alesis direct. Will say that the Alesis name was a selling point as I have used and currently depend on many of their products in my recording studio. Alesis has been a leader in digital music technology for many years and I have several of their products still in use 15 years later. I say this with my fingers crossed as I did not elect to take an extended warrenty;)I could have purchased this set with a free extended warrenty thru another of Zzounds competitors but I have had great success with products I have purchased thru Zzounds. The Wow Factor: Folks the catalog pictures only hint at the value for the buck. Glossy jet black rack, drum triggers, heads, rubber rims and cymbals against the silver cymbal mounts and silver drum hoops and the white ALESIS trademark lettering are very classy. Everyone who has seen the kit set up in my studio ooohs and ahhhs. If it cooked and cleaned I'd ask it to marry me;) Overall: I expect with a little care to have this kit for many years to come. Have not regretted my purchase as it has met or exceeded my expectations. Compared to other brands on the market ( in or around the price of this kit ) this kit has more bang for the buck. Can hook up to a computer and download new sounds to keep the kit fresh and up to date as well as use this kit to trigger sounds from several drum software manufacturers. The real head drum heads allow me to replace the heads with any brand I choose but I think I will replace with the great looking Alesis heads. This set intergrates well with my mixing console. Would be hard to lose this kit its too big to lose. If it were stolen I would dedecate the rest of my life to aprehending the culprit and meeting out a just punishment.
66 of 68 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Sound / Great Value / Great Customer support" submitted April 25, 2013

By Keith T in Ashburn, VA
Musical Background: 4 years in Indie rock band
Music Style: alternative rock
Overall: This kit was purchased to be used entirely for silent band practices via the JamHub Green Room (which I also can't say enough great things about). I held off writing a review for several months to get a good sense of how well it held up beyond the initial wow factor. 1. Best value out there!! For everything it comes with, I defy anyone to find a better value new. 2. Sounds Amazing! I play a 4 piece maple gretsch kit with Zildjian A customs (2 crashes and a china) live and I can almost identically replicate the kit with the drum module. The sampled sounds are top notch. The preloaded kits are unbelievable, but I was really pleased to be able to custom create a kit to match my own. 3. Ease out of box - set up was easy. MAKE SURE FIRST THING - go and update the firmware. All previous complaints discussed online regarded crosstalk and were resolved with firmware update. That being done, I have had no issues. 4. Quality - The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because after 2 months of playing once weekly for 2.5 hrs, the snare pad mylar head tore and pad cracked. I am a rimshot player and definitely NOT a hard hitter, so I was a bit disappointed. HOWEVER... 5. CUSTOMER SERVICE - one quick phone call to Alesis and they are sending me warranty return instructions and I am getting a new pad. CONGRATULATIONS ON PERFECT CUSTOMER SERVICE ALESIS! In summary, this kit is amazing for the value. You get tons of sampled kits (from World to vintage) and the playability is perfect for studio use. I would not recommend this kit for gigging. If you have considered purchasing a JamHub and need an electronic kit - you will not be disappointed.

"Loads of fun - if you have some patience." submitted April 29, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Sound: Great sounds are scattered throughout this unit. I found the snare sounds to be amazing. I am not terribly impressed with the cymbal, toms and bass drum. There is some artifact noise on many of the samples where others seem much cleaner. If you search enough you can collect some good ones and create a user preset. I am hoping for some improvement with the downloadable samples. There seems to be more crazy sound samples than there are good quality studio kit configs. If I ever find the need to jam along with an African tribal ceremony or Spanish Flamenco I'll be prepared. Snare quality = 9 Tom quality = 7 (but you have to dig deep) Bass Drum = 6 (a couple good ones found homes in user presets) Cymbals = 5 Some of them actually sound distorted even at low volume settings. Feature: I was more impressed with the capability more than anything else. Ample inputs, individual controls for each surface (well, shared sliders with a A/B toggle), nice bright viewable screen. Inputs / outputs. Sample layering. Ease of Use: First experience I would have rated this a 2. I almost sent it back were it not for other reviewers who shared similar day 1 experiences. In spite of what the instructions say this device is not setup for immediate play. Factory settings were all over the place. Nearly every drum had crosstalk, sensitivity was all over the place. Re-triggering on a couple toms were set strange. (why you would not want a drum to trigger if you hit it with a stick is beyond me) A month after purchase and I am still tweaking the settings... however the reward for such effort is worth it. I think 5 is a fair score for something you need to spend weeks with before you can be happy with it. Quality: Good :: The hardware seems really nice. Real wood shells and metal components. The module is built really well and feels like a quality product. I'll mention it again... I love the snare samples and triggering. I wish the toms sounded as nice. Looks sleek. Bad :: Ugh - the bass drum. What were they thinking??! In order to attach a bass pedal (Iron Cobra double in my experience) the lip goes underneath the Alesis bass pad housing which lifts the whole thing off the ground (and it's 4 corner contact points) thus making this a warbley - back and forth rocking mess. I'll have to figure some way to attach this thing to the ground. Cymbals - Cymbal samples are meh. Build quality seems solid. The choke, bell and ride features are difficult to dial in. If I were to use this live I would bring real cymbals as the samples react in a clearly "electronic" way. Neutral :: The real pads get banged up really quick. I swapped them out for some mesh heads for much better results. Either way this set will be louder than your top o the line setup. No matter to me but you might want to play this set first if your hoping for silent apartment jam sessions. Even the mesh heads result in an loud "thwap" sound. There is a medium hard rubber pad under whichever head you use. I find the aftermarket mesh heads add a little more bounce as well. Value: Nothing else comes close as far as build and features. This is a good mid quality set without a huge price premium for the name. It has great potential with the promised sample downloads. The prices are reasonable enough that you could upgrade to the larger pads. I hope Alesis takes it up a notch by providing (or allowing 3rd party devs to provide) quality samples. Wood, shell types, ie see your popular drum sample software offering. As its offered it has too many "toy" sounds for the price. Manufacturer Support: Never used support The Wow Factor: It introduces some of the premium features from pro level equipment at a fair price. That's cool! Overall: This kit gives me a taste of what the 4,000 kits are like. Settle down all you *** fans, I know this isn't the quality you get but its a much better value than you get with other manufacturers entry or mid level kits. What I wish I knew before... That the pads themselves are pretty loud. It's a mix between a hard pad and a true mesh. I like the feel, just wish it was a little more silent. I would probably replace this. It holds a lot of promise and it's loads of fun... if you have some patience initially to deal with setup and waiting for better samples to come along.

"Everything you wanted and then some!!!" submitted May 26, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Pop, Rock,RnB,Soul,BLUES,Jazz,Country,Hip Hop
Sound: Very high quality sounds. The fact that you can LAYER sounds and come up with your own gives you endless possibilities. Simply put, the samples sound like they were developed in today's age. It doesn't sound like a digital 90's mess! The ability to import sounds into the module sounds promising. However, nothing concrete about importing sounds anytime soon has been announced from ALESIS. Which is CRAZY given they've been advertising it FOREVER now. Bottom line. This thing sounds GREAT! Feature: The kit features everything you need. 6 drums, 4 cymbal pads. Sturdy rack. Obviously the module. In this price range you're getting more than the others provide... HANDS DOWN! Ease of Use: Operation is pretty straight forward. The menus on the module aren't that hard to figure out. Even if you haven't read the manual, you can still find your way around. Given my experience, I'd say putting the RACK together is the hardest part. That's not to say its hard to put together. I'm just saying compared to everything else its the hardest thing you'll have to do. As far as operating the drums... Ha, well if you can't hit a drum with a stick... I don't know what to tell ya :) Quality: Overall this kit goes beyond high quality sounds. Drums and drum heads are high quality. The hardware overall is as good as you'll get for $999. If this thing is sitting stationary in a room its going to last a very very long time. Value: Exceptional Value. For what you get it should probably cost more than $999. Manufacturer Support: Not yet... I'm gonna give them some more time on the ability to import sounds into the DM10... If they don't get it together I may have to call and see what they're made of. The Wow Factor: This kit is very SEXY. I like my E-drums just like my coffee. BLACK! The way it looks live in the flesh can't be denied. Sticks out like a sore thumb for sure. Overall: Over all this kit ROCKS! Pun intended. Its more than enough out of the box. Once you get your hands on it, start tweaking etc, things only get better. Pound for Pound this is the best kit you can get in the $999 price range. I patiently waited ONE FULL YEAR before making my decision. I was gonna go with the DM10 PRO kit until they announced the Studio. I had other brands, obviously ROLAND on my short list, but this can't be beat.
37 of 39 people (94.87%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It does not get any better than the Alesis DM10 Studio Pro" submitted November 26, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: Pro, 25 years on drums and guitars
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Country, Blues, Jazz
Sound: This kit is the best kit you will find for the money. It has an incredible sound module which you can use to customize your kit to sound however you like. You can create many of your own various custom kits to fit any application, or choose one of the many pre programmed kits. It has the ability to fulfill any of my edrum needs and wants, plus it has the advanced technology to allow me to grow into the set, without ever outgrowing the set. Alesis is not the toy they used to be. They must have spent a fortune engineering this kit. It really shines. Feature: I am still far from finding the limits of this kit. It is the most advanced and feature filled kit I have ever used or even seen. The module alone is worth the price. Ease of Use: With all the technology packed into this drum kit, it is incredibly simple and straight forward in how the user can use and program. I had it assembled and was creating my own kits to go with the already numerous and functional preset kits in under 2 hours. The reall skins make the set an easy transistion from my acoustic set. Quality: I was expecting a snag of some kind, due to my past experience with new electronic drum sets. I not only could not find any snags in this kit, I am still in awe of the quality of the heads, module, and triggers. The ease of the setup, the quality angled rack, the real drum heads, the versitility, and the potential of this kit is a 10 all the way. Value: Sincerely, it is the best bang for your buck out there today. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact Alesis thus far, and I do not expect to have to contact them. The Wow Factor: Like I have already said, the potential this kit has is endless. If you are in the market for edrums, the features of this set alone sets it apart from the more expensive sets. I have owned and played roland, and I do not regret not getting a $4,000+ dollar set, which is what it would take to come close to this Alesis set. I would still pick the Alesis DM10 Studio Pro over any set out there for studio use, and everyday playing. Of course its not the same as an acoustic set, but its a heck of a lot more fun :) Overall: Potential Potential Potential! This set will be used for recording in my studio, and can do anything I can imagine. I have not realized the full potential, as it is so incredibly advanced.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A Step Up From Your Beginner E-kit" submitted March 8, 2013

By Jason LaRose
Musical Background: Guitar, 17 years. Drums, 3 years
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues, Metal
Sound: My opinion of the module itself isn't very good. The preset kits are interesting but the crash's and china's sound overly fake.The ride sounds are good until you get to the bells, they are often too soft, the "ting" sound you desire with rock music is hard to achieve.The tom sounds and kicks are excellent sounding and the snares are excellent as well, spectacular even.Crosstalk is a moderate issue. I think some improvements were made throughout the years and the newer versions of this kit have it basically rectified. You will have to play around with sensitivity and crosstalk stuff in the options menu to get everything the way you like if you plan on using the module exclusively. If you have any experience with PC's or other e-kits the settings are easy enough. If you are new at this type of stuff it will probably be a nightmare for you. The module supports USB virtual instrument control, which is what I am using it for (Reaper running Addictive Drums). It's amazing, the kit responds well with external software and truly shines when used in this fashion. The kit is responsive and definitely studio quality. I've heard some of the Blue-Jay samples you can upgrade the module to and they seem to be FAR superior to the samples that come stock pre-loaded on the DM10. If you plan to use the module exclusively invest another $50 and download the Blue-Jay pack from Alesis and upgrade your module to that. Feature: The module supports USB virtual instrument control, which is what I am using it for (Reaper running Addictive Drums). It's amazing, the kit responds well with external software and truly shines when used in this fashion. The kit is responsive and definitely studio quality. I've heard some of the Blue-Jay samples you can upgrade the module to and they seem to be FAR superior to the samples that come stock pre-loaded on the DM10. If you plan to use the module exclusively invest another $50 and download the Blue-Jay pack from Alesis and upgrade your module to that. Ease of Use: I've seen a lot of complaints about the DM10 being difficult to assemble, it's not. The directions are VERY vague but are good for a reference. If you have put together furniture before and aren't a complete imbecile than you can set this kit up in 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. The labels for the cords do not all match what is on the module itself but again, if you have a brain and some common sense you'll figure it out immediately. Quality: This is not a kit for hard hitters. While the rack is made of aluminum, the mounts for the pads are plastic with an aluminum rod through them. The Mylar heads are really responsive and feel better than rubber pads. One drawback is I feel bad for playing them, being that they are black in color the scuff marks become apparent immediately the first time you play them. The brand-new look will fade quickly, so don't plan on it looking pretty forever, or even a week.All the drum pads are dual zone and each zone is velocity sensitive or have 'dynamic articulation' as Alesis likes to call it. It works well and feels natural. The crash is dual-zone and chokeable and is also velocity sensitive. The China is single zone and velocity sensitive (I didn't know when purchasing that the china would be single-zone) The ride is hefty and triple zone- velocity sensitive, It's by far the best quality of the 4 cymbal pads. The Hi-Hat is dual-zone and responds well.The kick sounds excellent but when attaching my Ludwig Pro Double Bass Pedal it rocks a bit when playing. It doesn't impede my ability but it's annoying at times. It seems the kick pad stand wasn't built high enough for all kick pedals to fit properly underneath. You may have to fiddle with it to keep it from rocking. Value: The Alesis Dm10 Studio kit is a bargain at it's $799 price tag. With it's quality rig, sleek look and intimidating footprint it's something that will bring you many hours of joy- if you use it correctly. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with Alesis regarding any issues. The Wow Factor: It's impressive looking and for the price, you can't beat it. The module samples are less than spectacular but the kit makes up for it with downloadable upgrades and an easy transition into a virtual instrument. I would be glad to answer any questions about the kit, just email me at jasonl@easternscrew.com Overall: For the price you can't do any better. The only company that had them in stock was Zzounds so I am not sure if they are even making this version anymore.

"Few months in, still in love..." submitted July 13, 2011

Musical Background: Solo recording artist/song writer
Music Style: progressive/ambient/groove
Sound: Sounds great... after some adjustments. The module may seem a bit overwhelming at first but tweak this and that and you'll have a superb sounding kit in no time.. Minimal misfires, and again adjustments can always be made to right any given issue. Feature: Module has hundreds of sounds and tracks to use and mess with as well as usb capability. Heads felt a little dense at first but loosen them up a bit and when you lay into them you'll get the rebound you need.. One cool thing to note is the stereo playback through headphones(i.e. The ride to your right is going to ring louder in your right earphone whereas your snare and hi-hat favor the left), all totally adjustable of course to accommodate your specific and personal configuration of the kit. Value: Great price for a whole lot of drumming power. I still am yet to find that one little thing that the other $4,000+ kits don't have, so far it stands up to any and all of them in my experience.

"Alesis Studio DM 10" submitted July 6, 2014

By Laurie Thompson in Fenton, MI
Musical Background: Play at home... Drums
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Classic Rock. I love ALL rock except "crack" rock.
Overall: I bought these (I had the lite set 1st and it was a joke) I upgraded to the DM 10 and going from the lite to the DM 10 (I am just being honest) I should have maybe started out smaller. The shipping (I bought it from ZZSOUNDS and it was fast as heck). The box was huge and about 80 pounds. It was packed great. However... setting it up was a nightmare for me. I had to have my friend help me. She had it up in about 2 hours. We could not figure out how to calibrate it so we went on line and watched a youtube video. We did have some technical difficulty so we called Alesis customer service. I was on hold 14 minutes and (I am not being rude this is the truth) I felt like a 15 yr. old boy answered the phone and he knew less then I did. He basically was reading a script to me. As in reading the directions (the same ones I could not understand in the first place). It was a waste of time so I hung up on him. I went back to youtube and followed along there to set it completely up. The instruction manual is WAY over my head. I am not sure what a midi is. Or what it does. I have no idea what a sequence is or what it does. I set up my own kit and that's all I have the knowledge to do so far. I have had no cross talk issues. However I do use the headphones (not included and they are 1/4" plug in) I just don't think they are loud enough. They do not sound... "real" to me? I know they are not acoustic. But they have a faint fake sound to me. I have bought a mesh kit to convert it but i have not gotten it yet. I think or I hope it will take away the machine gun sound on the snare. I play my drums about 5 hours a day when I am home and can do it. So I do love them. I just wish someone from Alesis would get on youtube and walk you through the entire thing. I also wanted to let people know that I did hook it up to XBOX and was able to play the Rockband 3 game. All I needed was a midi converter which was 30$. I did not set this up myself, my friend had to do that as well. So that was kind of cool. IF the manual was easier to read I would tell you how awesome it is, but its for people who know ALL about drums. I do not know Jack. Well, I know my Uncle Jack but that's it. When in doubt look it up on Youtube. There are MANY issues they resolve. If I could do it all over again I would have went with the Roland $1500.00 kit because it was so much easier to navigate at the store. And that was before I got my set. The kick pedal is also not included and you can use any kick. I used my old one from my acoustic set. Also the throne is not included. So even when you do get the drums be prepared to drop another 109 on the kick pedal and 75$ on the throne. Unless you go super cheap. Oh of course... Sticks. Not included. I got the anti vibe ones for e DRUMS. Pretty cool. I hope this helps. Oh I forgot the wires in the back. They are labeled... well... most of them. However I have 4 Toms on my kit and there was no input jack for it. I had to guess. And one wire wrong can make you pull your hair out. AGAIN Youtube fixed this. I would rate it higher if it was self explainitory. ITS NOT, so you will read these reviews where some man hooked it up in 15 minutes and its the greatest..blah blah blah. Yea right... I mean sure, i bet its happened. But it didn't with me. I am not technically a moron... but I have never had an issue setting up ANYTHING before. If you are a profession drummer, These will be perfect for you. OK that all for now. If I come across something else... I will jump back on line and letcha know. Rock on.

"Suprised and Happy" submitted July 22, 2011

Musical Background: recording, band, hobbyist
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, R&B, Classic Rock
Sound: The DM 10 take quite a bit of tweaking to get the feel and sound you want, once you get it dialed in ITS GREAT!! Feature: The features are great I found it to be quite a bang for the buck. Ease of Use: Easy once you undestand how to get the sounds and response that you are looking for. Quality: So Far So Good. 2 months Value: Cant do better in value. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use it yet. Hopefully not. The Wow Factor: Really? Black, sleek and Sexy. LOVE IT. Overall: This on will be part of the inventory for years to come.

"Alesis DM10" submitted March 14, 2014

By Ian Baker in Harlan, IA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing drums as a self-taught musician for about 6 years
Music Style: Rock, Metal, the Occasional Jazz, Punk, Metal/HardCore, and Pop-Punk
Sound: It sounds great. The dynamic articulation is just as functional and realistic as they say it is. Feature: It has a USB port(for a USB-Printer Cable) for doing updates and whatnot, but there's no possibility for recording through that. Either get an adpater for it or buy some MIDI or 1/4" cables. Ease of Use: It's a drumset. Hit it. I don't see the complexity in that.The drum module is really straightforward, but the assembly is not so straightforward. Quality: It's made very well. You may have to switch some clamps to get the heavier snare to stay in place(they're plastic, not metal like the DM10X) but its very sturdy and doesn't move too much. Value: Comparable models from other companies(which I've played most of those models), cost thousands of dollars. This costs $1,000. There is no real sound difference, so long as you update the firmware(which can be done at www.alesis.com - then find their downloads pages) and keep the clamps for the cymbals nice and tight(not too tight though, or else they'll pick up hits from the drums). Manufacturer Support: Haven't Contacted Alesis. The Wow Factor: On a scale of Blood on the Dance Floor to Avenged Sevenfold, this gets a solid Metallica(about 10.333 out of 10). It's cheap(well, not really, but comparably it is), well made, sounds good, feels real, and its sturdy and versatile. I love it. Overall: Wonderful kit. Just be sure not to clamp down on the cymbals too hard. Hi-Hat pedal on my specific kit is a little touchy but that's okay.

"Best value set on the market" submitted April 19, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musiscian
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Country, Pop and Gospel
Sound: The sounds are all realistic Feature: Not as flexible as my Yamaha DTXtreme II but the sounds more natural Ease of Use: Pretty easy to get up and running. Fine tuning to your playing style takes a little patience but it's worth it. Quality: Harware is OK if you don't plan on touring. I will probably uprade to a beetter rack and clap system. Value: Great deal and excellent for a home studio. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them

"Best electric kit I've played" submitted December 3, 2013

By Seth S in Salem, IL
Musical Background: Played drums 11 years, live and studio experience
Music Style: Rock, blues, reggae, jamband, country, electronica, funk, metal, and punk
Overall: So after the 4 hour setup which is common for a kit out of the box, I started exploring the feel, dynamics, sounds, presets. As compared to the Roland td20 I played in some studio sessions I'm glad I went the less expensive route because it's a better kit. The feel of the drumheads are louder but more comparative to an acoustic kit. The sounds even in the preset kits are very accurate, and the dynamic articulation concept hit the nail on the head. I wear a pair of audio technica head phones with the kit and it's like playing an acoustic kit. With a good sound monitor you can hear how much detail Alesis put into the dm10 module. The high hat even though it's not on a common high hat stand it still feels very responsive. The cymbals are very real sounding I could use them on a recording without using a midi sample program like i did in the studio with the Roland. My final review is that this kit is the best I've played and I use it as my personal kit in my home studio.

"Relaxing in style" submitted April 12, 2012

By Thomas W in Florence, MS
Musical Background: 3 yrs on trumphet, 2 yrs of piano and few drum lessons
Music Style: Christian, elecronic, rock, country, metal.
Sound: The sound is awesome right out of the box but i have tweeked some my favorite drum settings. Feature: I like all kinds of music and although i fine tune some of the stored settings, love all the differnt stored drum setting when jumping around from casting crowns to maybe kool and the gang Ease of Use: I found this easy to setup and menu friendly, I just glanced over the owner manual and have had no trouble making any adjustments. The sets has plently of adjustment outside of my drum background. Quality: minus the rack which is suffecient, the set quality is execellent Value: great value Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use any support, hope that continues The Wow Factor: Its hard to take your eyes off of. Overall: Let me provide the younger class with some humor from a 43 year old wanta be drumer. My music background consists of 2 years of novice piano, 2 years in highschool band on trumphet and an occassional lesson on drums from my cousin who has been druming in clubs for 35 years. I just have to say I probably would have bought the set on eye appeal alone. The set is as my 14 year old son says, "tight". The only sets Im able to compare my alesis to is mid line roland, and an accustic set. I know my music background is limited but as hard as i work to make a living for my family its just easy for me to say, "the set is rad, awesome, off the chain." I also one who is somewhat nerverous when it comes to internet shoping ha, but cant say enough how pleased with the way my account has been handled. What else can i say the set is awesome! and a great way to realax after work. '

"Best bang for the buck!" submitted December 7, 2013

By Eric F in Greenville, SC
Musical Background: Drummer/ Song Writer
Music Style: Alternative Rock, Hip Hop, R&B, Jungle, House, Breakbeat
Overall: I have owned the Alesis DM8 and now own the DM10 and I have always been very satisfied with their products. If you are like me and want to customize your DM10 there are so many different options out there for you. For those of you who prefer to keep it stock, it is a great kit as is. You can take this kit to a very nice level with a little upgrading. I would recommend the mesh head conversion and if you can swing it, a Roland KD9 Kick trigger. For a fraction of the cost of a Roland you can really have the practice kit of your dreams. I would recommend this product and anything else Alesis makes to those of you out there who want to have nice equipment that won't kill your wallet. ZZOUNDS is an amazing company and I rarely deal with anyone else for my music gear these days. Great customer support and payment options and the fastest free shipping on the planet!

"Awesome" submitted February 10, 2014

By Matt N in Boston, MA
Musical Background: 30yrs drumming off and on
Music Style: All styles from classic to rock
Overall: Had my Alesis DM10 Studio kit for about a month now and I love it. Amazing range of sounds and customizability in the module, feel of the pads is good and consistent. Really pleased with the purchase.

"Awesome kit!" submitted January 13, 2014

By Jonathan Gonzales in Deming, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 13 years and just picked up the drums about a year ago
Music Style: Almost anything
Overall: The Alesis DM10 Studio Electronic Drum Kit is an awesome set that has unimaginable setting that are totally adjustable. This kit also is as real as you can get to a real drum set with the ability to change cymbals, snares, toms, or anything else on the kit with a few simple buttons. This is an awesome kit and very durable so far!

"Alesis DM-10 far exceeded my expectations!" submitted January 23, 2013

By Steve Pavey in Lakewood, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing drums and percussion for 51 years now and I've done club work, concerts and recording in my career.
Music Style: Wide variety of styles - Country, Rock, Reggae, R&B, Funk and Soul
Overall: Arrived very quickly and easy set-up. For a change, their manual is actually easy to read and understand! And the feel and sound is fantastic - While some of the kits are ones I doubt I'll ever use, such as vocal drums, when I think of the amount of money and space I'd have to spend on tablas, congas, timbales, China Cymbals, chimes, assorted cowbells etc, not to mention all the snare, kick and tom sounds, this is a fantastic value for the money. I'd thought about going with the DM-8 but I'm glad I went ahead and spent the small extra amount for the DM-10. I'd recommend it to anyone.

"Quality set, low price, great sounds!!!" submitted June 12, 2011

Musical Background: personal studio recording
Music Style: Rock/Jazz/Fusion
Sound: The Alesis DM10 pro is quite a nice kit, specially for the price! The unit takes some adjustments for the cymbals and HHat, but after that it is right on the money. The kit frame is first class and the pads feel very natural. I would highly recommend!! Feature: Yes, it came with all cables and cable brackets color coded, all you need is your favorite throne and kick pedal, rock on! Ease of Use: Extremely flexible and easy to use, not rocket science. Quality: Well made, have only had for a few weeks but seem to be holding up well. Value: AWESOME!!! Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use yet. Hopefully will never have the answer to this question. The Wow Factor: Beautiful set, looks real sexy with the all chrome stand and black alesis pads, with real looking cymbals. Overall: I added another 10" Tom in the 4th position. Expect the set to last a while, well built. I am extremely pleased!!

"love it" submitted March 2, 2014

By will prince in rome, GA
Overall
Sound: the sound is fantastic, i have run it thru both home stereo speakers and a Fender bass amp. Feature: its not too hard to set up, not as easy as my acoustic set but not bad at all. contrary to others, i dont think the mylar heads are loud at all. Ease of Use: i'm learning but not hard at all. Quality: feels sturdy enough for me Value: yes, yes and double yes Manufacturer Support: i had a problem with crash not choking, they work with you nicely and take their time. they did fix the problem tho it took three phone calls. The Wow Factor: i absolutely love this set and i am going to expand on it too, thank you alesis for making this set. it is my dream set. Overall: i love this set so much if i could marry it i would. LOL

"Great" submitted June 23, 2013

By Alfred B in Fall River, MA
Overall
Musical Background: I did play professionally with the Saxophone and the drums ( self taught ) .
Music Style: Hard rock ( metal )
Overall: This product was worth every penny I put into it! My only small and very small problem is the high hats sound horrible when you need them to clasp down in a beat and it sounds crackly when you use it for a beat. I love the fact you get a different instrument when you hit the rubber sides, it blew me away. Another problem is the drums are all, except for the snare, were al the same size and hard to hit on target . That probably is something i need to work on myself...Do you think their is something wrong with the hi-hat?

"Worth Every Penny" submitted February 12, 2014

By Keith Garrett in Santa Cruz, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have a degree in voice and have played guitar since I was 13. I recently started playing drums as a hobby.
Music Style: I am interested in far too many styles to list
Overall: This kit is phenomenal! I bought in back in october so I am just now getting into the deeper parts of the module but wow the range of dynamics and the sensitivity is great. The onboard drum sounds are pretty lame but I run it through addictive drums exclusively at this point (the sonor kit is great) and it just sounds just like a real kit. It's also worth noting that I replaced the mylar heads with mesh heads instantly when I got the kit and it improved the bounce immensely and made them a lot quieter. The only reason I have not given it a 5 star across the board is that after 4 months of owing it I am having to send my drum module in for repairs. The warranty repair time is like 2-4 weeks which is totally lame. Even with this issue I would still recommend this kit to anyone looking to get an electronic kit.

"I would highly recommend this product. Very authentic sounds and with the best instruments sampled. The only thing that needs im" submitted June 18, 2011

Music Style: Any style
Sound: OMG! This product is great! Before I purchased it I was one of you reading all of the comments about this product and I trusted and am glad I made that choice. The drums are great if it wasn't for actually seeing these drums you would think the set is live. Feature: Very satisfied with the features and components the best thing to do is try watching the u tube promotion of this product. Ease of Use: Great Quality: Great Value: The best for the dollar. It beats most high end kits asking for over 1500 Manufacturer Support: Great The Wow Factor: Very attractive! Overall: I'm quite sure that this will meet my needs being a professional drummer and studio drummer for at least the next 5-10years

"New Electrics" submitted June 3, 2014

By Jeff Landrum in Temecula, CA
Musical Background: Professional Drummer, Teacher and musician for 30 years
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Classical, acking for school choirs
Overall: Overall I like my set. I am having trouble getting the proper volume on my aux. percussion which my crash cymbal#2 is connected to. Help? It is a little complicated but very nice when you figure out the sounds you want. I might put less effect sounds on the rim triggers...they don't make alot of sense for many of the preset kits.

"amazing drums and amazing service" submitted August 18, 2014

By larry l in hendersonville, TN
Musical Background: drummer and guitarist for 20 years recording
Music Style: country,blues
Overall: first of all id like to thank zzound for the great service and payment plan these drums are everything i hoped they would be and more set up was fairly easy and i think the sounds are great if your on a budget this is the kit for you

"Alesis DM10 Studio kit" submitted November 21, 2013

By Tom W in Portland, OR
Musical Background: Professional Hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, blues...
Sound: The sounds on the module are done well and since you can use the usb or midi out to trigger a software VST such as EZ Drummer, or BFD, sky is the limit. However, don't be fooled by the ad that says Alesis is going to be adding more sound sets for this module, they have discontinued development unfortunately. Feature: The module is rugged and very versatile which is the high point. The pads themselves are quite loud so keep that in mind if you live in an apartment or townhouse. You can covert to mesh using a number of well done and reasonably priced conversions available on the internet (Hellfire, 682drums). Ease of Use: Took 2 hours to put together out of the box. Module takes some time to get tweaked for optimal play. If you are an acoustic drummer it will take some time to get used to the difference. Quality: Module is excellent. Cymbals are good for price point. Pads...meh. Value: Best value for the dollar. Manufacturer Support: Unfortunately Alesis has discontinued development of the DM10 module. They discussed developing an 2.0 OS for the module but decided it wasn't worth their time. It's too bad because they really only scratched the surface of what this module can do. It's well constructed and versatile. It's a shame really. The Wow Factor: You get a lot for a little and this kit is very expandable. Overall: This is an excellent kit for the price, and probably the best value for the beginning/intermediate drummer at this price point.

"Outstanding!" submitted April 28, 2011

By a customer from southbendin.gov
Overall
Sound: Excellent product and great pricing. I found the set for a considerably lower price elsewhere and they Beat it with free shipping! Ease of Use: Takes some tweaking out of the box but once its dialed in, its incredible. Quality: Sturdy rack, nice and solid. Overall: The mylar heads are nice, but I went to the Pearl mesh heads right away for a better "feel"

"i love my dm10" submitted September 23, 2012

By clifton gill in texarkana, TX
Overall
Musical Background: i've play music since i was in my teen,i love drums but learning to play other instruments
Music Style: iam a guy that play all types of music
Overall: honestly i have 3 drums from alesis, the experience with them has been outstanding. out of all the companies i've dealt with zZounds is at the very top..if u want the great experience in electronic drums, u can't go wrong cause u get everything u paid for . and if u not happy zZounds will treat u right . so let me say this to end , iam beyond pleased with my products

"Finally!" submitted February 15, 2014

By Christopher M in richmond hill, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Home player. Dedicated.
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Drumstep.
Overall: There's tons of reviews on this product already on here and the net and they're all pretty dead on so i'll leave it to them. That being said ZZOUNDS is the place to buy this kit. They also price match so take advantage! Oh and buy this kit, I waited a long time and now that I have it I COULD NOT be happier!

"Best Value for the Money!" submitted March 26, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Long time drummer 1st time home studio recorder.
Music Style: Anything with drums.
Sound: sounds great, just needs some work to get it set up. Feature: Many nice features...more than I have even used. Takes some time to study up on how to use them. Ease of Use: This set does have a lot of features so there is a learning curve. Quality: Set feels solid and as advertised. Value: I think this set is the best value for the money. I spent a lot of time to research and I got a great price $850.00 including a free Jam Dock and Game module to play along with Wii. Manufacturer Support: I'm not one to use the support, I just tend to figure it out on my own. The Wow Factor: the black drum heads look good. Overall: I have this set in my recording studio. I love the fact that you can update the sounds from the internet. The only improvment would be mesh drum heads. The real drum heads do not have the feal of a real drum head. It feels like a real drum head with a book under it. Just a little firm but not bad. I really don't think you can find a better set for the Money.

"Alesis DM 10 Studio Kit" submitted March 22, 2012

By Edward J in Hiddenite, NC
Musical Background: Drums and guitar for over 30 years
Music Style: Everything over the years ..contemporary Christian music now
Overall: Excellent kit..quick and easy to set up, nothing complex about the calibrations..happy with it and play them regularly...been playing over 30 years this is a good investment..don't expect it to feel just like an acoustic set, it doesn't but adjusting to the feel doesn't take long it was worth it for me!!

"I love these Drums!!!" submitted March 30, 2012

By Tyrone C in Bolingbrook, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Music Producer, and Drummer.
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz, & Gospel.
Overall: This is an excellent set of electronic drums for the price. The only issue I had was actually programming them to meet my specifications. Now that they are set, I've been in heaven. I love them.

"Alesis Dm-10 studio" submitted May 4, 2014

By Tye H in Steubenville, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 33 years. Home player, church player.
Music Style: All styles.
Overall: I love this set. I play for hours on end. It is like owning a whole lot of kits in one.

"Alesis DM-10" submitted January 6, 2014

By Sean Wright
Overall
Overall: I bought this for my daughter and she loved it

"ALESIS DM10 drum" submitted August 14, 2014

By steven meinster in flushing, NY
Overall
Musical Background: i jam at home not a professonally just someone thats like to have fun
Music Style: old school rock 70s and 80s
Overall: very easy to use nice sound the built in drum system is great you can find a lot of great drum beats built in if you play guitar and need a drummer this is for you putting it togeather takes time but its worth it I would buy this drum set again

"Great - but a little complicated and intimidating to program the first go!" submitted April 8, 2012

By a customer from gmail.com in Ventura, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Primarily guitar player, but learning drums too...
Overall: This is a great kit but don't expect to be able to start reprogramming this thing (for example to work with Rock Band 3) 5 minutes after you get it!Still no complaints!!Well, the manual could be a lot better.

"Great price for an excellent kit!" submitted October 20, 2014

By Howard L in Trabuco Cyn, CA
Musical Background: Drums - 23 years, professionally and at home
Music Style: All styles from orchestra, jazz, hard rock, drum corp, smooth jazz and more.
Overall: Excellent price and shipping for this kit. Sophisticated with almost unlimited tuning capacity +. Could have been a better drum head feel but added mesh heads would be best. Be sure to download up to date firmware from the brand site.

"For the money . . . Nice Kit." submitted April 22, 2011

Overall
Sound: Well this set is OK. Its beter that the lower end Roland and Yamaha sets in the same price range. It is a very nice looking set. The pads are not the mesh type I was expecting but look more like drum heads, though they play like rubber pads. I can not seem to save adjustments I make to the sounds and that is a bit of a bummer because you have to make adjustments everytime you turn it on. Over all I like the price and look of the set, and the extra tom and cymbal are nice. I bought a double bass pedal and an Alesis monitor/amp as well. Again just kind of OK. I would not suggest you buy this set up for any stage or performance use, but to have in a garage for yourself or the kids to bang on its great. By the way ZZounds is awesome!!! The price match is NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Hands down the best experience I have had buying gear. Delivered in 2 days using free ground shipping. Ease of Use: A bit hard to use. Quality: Nice finish on it. Really good looking kit. Value: Worth the money! Manufacturer Support: never used

"Completely ridiculous experience for a completely ridiculous product..." submitted April 25, 2014

By Dan O in Auburn, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Drums at home for about 6 years. Play a little guitar as well.
Music Style: Mostly rock and heavy metal. Little pop in there too,
Overall: Wow, what an experience this thing was (and still is). I previously purchased an Alesis DM6 USB kit about two years ago, thinking it was a decent beginner electronic kit. Reviews were good, kit looked sleek and overall, it seemed like a good value. Wrong. Pads died within a few weeks and the kit was pretty much trashed within six months. Shoulda learned my lesson right there. So, looking for a more meaty kit, I decided to use my Christmas bonus last year to make a down payment on this DM10 Studio kit. Thinking it was a higher-end kit with a $1000 dollar price tag (it has since dropped to $800), I chose to go with Alesis again. Bad idea. Such a bad idea. Shipping was fast per usual with ZZounds. But, man what a hassle to set everything up. Box was taller than me (6'1"). "Instructions" were in like 5 different languages, so the English "instructions" were difficult to read. Not only because it was illegible, but there were no WORDS. Hence why the word "instructions" is in quotations. Just pictures and numbers to associated parts with their locations to the overall kit. 3 hours later, the kit was finally ready to go. Here's where the nightmare begins. Ride cymbal was DOA right out of the box. Tried different cords, different plugs, everything under the sun to make sure it wasn't on my end. It wasn't. The pad was just dead. Maybe three hours after playing around with the kit, the snare drum wore a hole in the material. I read other reviews that say it's mylar, but whatever it is, it sure isn't strong enough to withstand any extended hitting. This baffles me since drum kits are designed to, you know, be HIT. HARD. Sorry, but I'm not some twig armed drummer that hits like a ten year old girl. When I'm feeling the music, I'm goin for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not smackin it around with homicidal intentions, but come on. Drum heads are supposed to withstand hits for longer than a day. And not only wearing a hole, but the rod that held the snare to the kit itself was just unstable. It became warped due to the snare just popping off entirely mid-play. Maybe the rod wasn't strong enough to support the heavier pad, but whatever the case, it couldn't hold the thing. Contacted ZZounds to return the thing cause I didn't want to deal with these obvious manufacturer problems. But, after thinking it over, I decided to contact Alesis support before I up and returned the thing. Should have just returned it. GOD I wish I would have. I would have been out $100 for shipping it back, but it would have saved me about $800 in the long run. Either way, Alesis was quick to respond. They agreed to a one-time replacement for the snare pad and ride cymbal. However, during the back and forth emails, I found that the bass pad had now died as well. Again, tried switching cords, etc, but nothing. So, I ended up shipping the snare pad, ride cymbal, bass pad and all the accessories for said defective parts (rods, clamps, etc) back to Alesis. At first, I was having to pay for shipping, but after griping a bit, they agreed to a free shipment. Awesome. So, after about a week, I got the two packages. Opened them expecting my new bass pad, snare pad and ride cymbal. Turns out they shipped me a bass drum, ride cymbal and a second bass drum. Two different bass drums actually. So, sent off for the correct snare pad. They let me keep the second bass drum, but I don't think it would even stand up on it's own with this kit. So, after getting the snare pad in the mail a few days later, I realized that they didn't include the rod that held it in place to the kit, which is necessary to even use the thing. So, a few days later, got the rod. BUT, the package didn't include the clamp that held the rod to the kit. FOUR packages and nearly three months later, I finally had everything I needed. Plug everything in, set everything back up and start playing. The snare drum is just cheaply made, IMO. It only hits maybe 60% of my hits, if I'm lucky. The ride cymbal finally works, as does the bass drum, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before my second bass pad dies as well. I'm not knocking Alesis support, cause I know the person who helped me really tried. But, when the product itself is just cheaply made, there isn't much one person can do. I'm not knocking ZZounds either. They had no hand in my problems. By the time I finally had everything and realized there's no fixing this, it was far beyond their return timeline. I understand that. But, what I can't understand is the fact that this thousand dollar drum kit can't withstand a day's worth of use. I really wish I would have read more of the negative reviews as opposed to the positive. I probably wouldn't have even considered this kit. But, the worst part? I'm still paying for this thing. I chose to finance it over about 8 months and will be paying nearly $120 monthly until August. That's what irritates me the most. The fact that I'll be paying $120 a month for the next three months for a kit that doesn't even function correctly. What more can Alesis do? Send me more defective parts? I recall them stating that the return policy was a one time thing, so I probably couldn't even get that. But, after all this nonsense, I wouldn't even want that. All I want is this to be done. Paid off so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I have never regretted buying something as much as I have with this. If you are serious about playing or even learning the art of drumming with an electronic kit, DO NOT, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT choose this kit. And after the two that I've ended up with, don't choose Alesis as your brand either. Save up, buy a REAL kit. Or, if you're like me and have picky neighbors, buy a better brand. Especially when getting a bunch of buckets and trash cans would last longer.

"Alesis DM-10" submitted October 29, 2013

Overall
Overall: Good eDrum kit for the $$$. Unless you have $7k+ to spend on a Roland, I'd go with this.

"Alesis DM10" submitted January 3, 2012

Music Style: 80
Sound: the DM10 module doesnt have the greatest sounds. some cool stuff. but the fact i can 1. download samples and program them to get a sound i want and 2. hook it up to superior drummer 2 - makes it awesome. the triggers and velocities are pretty on point. a few misfires here and there, but no big deal. Feature: usb connection makes it totally worth it. its literally plug and play! Ease of Use: little bit of programming in superior drummer 2 and ive got it sounding like a real studio kit. Quality: stout rack and sturdy mounting brackets Value: definitely worth the price. the roland stuff isnt half as good even though its twice as much. Manufacturer Support: lots of sites devoted to this kit. all the support i need The Wow Factor: sleek and sexy. customizable. not a real kit, but the best electric kit ive played on Overall: if it were stolen, i would replace it (if i had the money to). its built to last years and i intend to use it for years

"Don't believe the other reviews!" submitted October 17, 2013

By Billy Colburn in Foley, AL
Overall
Musical Background: professional musician gigging with a professional band
Music Style: blues driven progressive rock with an alternative edge
Sound: the sounds from this mod are really good, but there is must better out there ~ we have experienced glitches of all kinds with this module ~ sounds that we save, do not save ~ but yes they do sound really good Feature: we have found no reason to use this unit for any reason ~ basically it is not worth the money Ease of Use: easy for as long as it lasts ~ ours lasted less than a month before everything begin to go wrong Quality: very poor quality ~ everything about this unit is not usable for a working professional Value: It is not worth the selling price and is not worth the heartache! Manufacturer Support: tried to communicate but very difficult to talk with anyone that would even address our problems The Wow Factor: No appeal ~ just problems ~ poor design ~ poor quality ~ will never buy from this company again.... Overall: Poorly built, cheap parts, module glitches, piezo problems, too small, noisy pads, cheap cables, should have never been put onto the market.

"Couldn't return it fast enough... total junk!" submitted June 20, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Cover
Sound: I was very surprised to see the value of this kit when I first saw it. I have owned two other comparable brand name electronic drum kits previously, and paid at least double for them. So, I decided to take a chance on this kit, as it seemed to offer the same features at a fraction of the cost. Boy, was I disappointed. You truly get what you pay for. Feature: The features are plentiful, but be prepared to invest a ton of time figuring them out. And that's if they work at all. Ease of Use: Alesis should offer a college course on how to get this drum set to operate properly. Even once you get the kit to your liking, when you power off the module, it reverts back to the original settings, so you have to spend another 15 minutes reprogramming it before you can play. Quality: This kits quality is sub-par to say the least. Everything is cheaply made, and they use plastic parts everywhere they can get away with it. When I received my kit, three of the four toms were defective and barely audible, and two of the three cymbals didn't work at all. I would not buy another Alesis product unless it is for a complete beginner, with ample time on their hands to spend deciphering the overly complicated DM10 module. Value: Save your hard earned money and get a Yamaha or Roland drum kit. They are far superior to this one. I've owned two Roland's, and they are in my opinion, the best electronic drum sets on the market, with Yamaha's kits being a close second. Manufacturer Support: Never used it, just sent this kit right back to where it came from.

"Couldnot wish for more at this price point !" submitted January 17, 2012

By Dennis H in Huntington, WV
Musical Background: since High school really.... only drums ... at Home now
Music Style: a little bit country mostly R&R
Overall: The Alsesis DM10 Studio kit is fantastic ! Playability alone is great but then couple that with the DM10 drum Module....absolutely amazing. I purchased this kit with the intent to help rehab myself after a DBL lung TX and because I wanted to play again. Was in a Band early 70's..we made a few bucks at it . zZounds is great too...I ordered the kit on monday and had it by Wedsday A great buying experience.

When you call, mention priority code 16XJ-X8NV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976