When you call, mention priority code 1772-NX8S

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Albion TCT35H Guitar Amp

Aside from a sleek appeal, this guitar amp head form Albion offers plenty of gain for any music style.

Overall

"Lot's of cool features and tones in an affordable quality all-tube amp head." submitted October 7, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: Semi-pro and songwriter.
Music Style: Rock,blues and pop.
Sound: My Albion TCT-35H is one of the most versatle amps that I have ever owned.The flexibility of the separate EQ sections,the edge control and negative feedback on/off is excellent.Channel A is,more or less,the clean section.Though it can get some very good crunch and classic vintage type overdrive tones,the channel works best for cleaner sounds. Channel B differs in that the EQ is after the preamp gain stages,which offers superb flexibility in dialing in both excellent American and British flavored grind and sustain,with all kinds of sweet in between tones.There is plenty of gain for just about any style,though an EQ in the fx loop would most likely be needed to get the most happening modern metal voicings.The amp stays the tightest with the negative feedback loop "on".With it "off",the sound and feel is looser and a bit more organic.The fx loop works very well with my various delays,while the reverb can get quite deep and mixes well with both the amp's clean and overdriven textures.The 33% power switch really does drop the volume down,making for excellent bedroom tones.Lastly,the 35 watt rms TCT-35 can get some serious volume,especially when I run it through my Celestion G12K-100 loaded Lopo Large 1-12 cab. Feature: The supplied metal 2-button footswtch is sturdy and changes the channels and the reverb on/off.The fx loop can be completely bypassed and has a switch for line/instrument levels.There are two speaker outs with a switch for 8 or 16 ohm operation.Besides the separate 3-band EQ sections,there are global edge/reverb/master volume controls.The edge control really helps shape the amp's upper mids and highs.I find it to be much like a somewhat more complex presence control.The jacks,knobs and overall feel of the amp are all of high quality.Btw,the tubes consist of a pair of 6L6's,a 12AX7 phase inverter and a trio of 12AX7's in the preamp section. Ease of Use: The amp's control are easy to use and quite intuitive.Part of the fun is just turning the various knobs and messing with the switches.I'm guessing that almost any guitarist could find more than a few very good to great tones to work with in just about any musical style. Quality: Like I stated earlier,the knobs,switches,jacks and vinyl covering all feel and look top notch.The amp was designed and built under the close supervision of former Marshall and Vox mastermind Steve Grindwold.In fact,he lives right next to the 2000 employee factory.Btw,the factory warranty is 3 years. Value: Considering the many features and superb clean/crunch/overdrive tube driven tones that one gets for only $549,I would say that it's an outstanding value. Manufacturer Support: I've writen Albion twice and received prompt and informative replys each time. The Wow Factor: I give it a 9 only because the overall look of the amp head,while classy,is a bit at odds with it's many great tones.To me,the looks of the TCT-35H say more "vintage clean/medium gain",while in reality it's tones say "versatile cleans to high gain rock/metal".But that's just me. Overall: I give it a "10" for what it gives up for the $549 spent.My Albion TCT-35H fits right in with my mid '80s Mesa/Boogie MKIIC+,90's Bedrock 651,'80s Dean Marklet CD-30 and my other fine tube amps.My only minor complaint is the head is somewhat heavy [those beefy transformers] and is somewhat out of balance at the strap.But it's really only a minor quibble.

"What a great sounding amp!" submitted December 3, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: 40 years of playing in bar/party bands
Sound: The overdrive sounds are great. Its a very articulate amp and wont cover your mistakes or sloppy playing, no sonic sludge here. The clean sounds are usable. If you take the time to work with the controls you can dial in a nice warm tone on the clean side. It will get twangy with single coils. For doing cover work its a really good all around amp. For rock, in my opinion, this amp is a monster. Feature: I like a spring reverb, but the digital one on this amp is good enough. It reminds me of the holy grail sound on the spring setting. Ease of Use: Very easy to figure out. Quality: Time will tell. To me it seems like a well made unit. Value: To me its a no brainer- I have owned marshalls from early 70's jmp's through the 900 series along with a dual rectifier, along with a bunch of fenders and music man amps. This amp really has the sounds going on. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to contact them. The Wow Factor: Minor quibble, the styling does not grab me, but that is a personal preference. Overall: I can see myself using this amp well into the future unless it turns out to be undependable. That is how I rate all my equipment. If it were lost or stolen, I would purchase another one without hesitation. I wanted the 50 watt unit, but for the type of venues I play in the 50 watts would have been too much.

"Awesome Amp Head!" submitted September 21, 2012

By Gregory Jungkunz in Westchester, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I am starting over ,played when I was younger and picking it back up again!
Music Style: Rock,Blues,Country,Classic rock
Overall: I purchased this amp after some research on many Amp Heads.I felt like this amp would give me the most bang for the buck and boy was I right.It is super crisp and clean sounding until you step on the footpedal and the tubes growl and this amp- comes to life.It is very easy to operate and with the ability to operate at 33% of the total power it gives you virtually two more channels to create wonderful music.I would definitely recommend Albion Products to anyone looking for a well built amp without going deeply in debt.This amp has the capabilities to play large venues to your family room,you choose.

"TCT 35 is a sweet amp!" submitted April 9, 2014

By Mark G in Stanley, NY
Musical Background: 40 years of Rock and Roll
Music Style: Blues, Rock.. and anything else I have been asked to play from reggae to country.
Overall: I read some reviews and decided this amp would do what I wanted. I played through it at home and loved it.. Took it to practice and really got to explore what it can do! This amp does it all, perhaps the most versatile amp I have played. From American Clean to British crank and about anything in between. My only gripe is that the handle clip broke! I called Albion and they said they had been sent defective clips and they would send me out the replacements immediately. I just called them today but will update my review if I don't get them!

When you call, mention priority code 1772-NX8S. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976