When you call, mention priority code 1575-PK11

Rating and Reviews: AKG WMS40 Pro Dual Vocal

Move freely with the AKG WMS40 Pro wireless mic system. Dual mics provide high definition audio performance.

"Quality and Value Sums It Up" submitted February 3, 2011

Musical Background: Mobile DJ/Sound Reinforcement
Music Style: Rock/Country/Top 40
Sound: Good sound quality. Good proximity effect. Not muffled when used up close unless your singer is a screamer, then they had better back up a bit. Vocalists do not have to "eat" the mike to be heard, although they require more gain and eq on my mixer compared to my other dual wireless set, which is a Samson Concert 277. Gave it a 9 only because it is not as "hot" as others I have used. Feature: On-Mute-Off switch, and NO pop through the speakers when switching between the three, very pleased with that! The mute switch on my Samsons is useless. Easy off and on battery cover yet secure. Ease of Use: Typical wireless mike. Plug it in, connect 2 cables with 1/4" plugs from the receiver to your mixer, put the batteries in the mikes and go. Quality: Extremely pleased with the quality. Rugged metal receiver. The mikes are well made. feel good in the hand, low handling noise. By comparison although my Samsons are decent quality sound wise, their receiver is plastic and the mikes are a cheap feeling plastic with plenty of handling noise. Value: Worth the money. An excellent value for a quality system at this price point. A key feature of this system is battery life, which claims to be 30 hours. I use these for mc ing and karaoke. I'm on about 25 hours with the batteries that came with it. My Samsons get about 5-6 hours out of one 9 volt. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet. The Wow Factor: One of the sexiest looking microphones out there. Unique look. Got a couple of "wows" from some of my singers. Overall: Hope to get years of service out of these. Very satisfied so far. Buy this in a heartbeat! Beats Shure's entry level dual wireless for less money.

"Very happy with my purchase!" submitted March 22, 2011

Overall
Sound: Sounds great, no complaints here. Feature: Love having the individual gains. Receiver is nice and compact, could fit two on a rach shelf. Mics have great battery life on a single AA! Ease of Use: Simple as can be. Love the simple slider switch for power/mute, much better than Shure's fingernail press and hold type button. Quality: Seems very well made, no complaints. Value: This is a steal compared to the Shure duo at nearly twice the price! Manufacturer Support: Support not needed, but manuals and service documents are available online, so I'll give them a 10 for that. The Wow Factor: Very nice looking, makes the PG mics look dated. It was hard to tell what shape they were by the few pictures online - I would say that they are a rounded triangle shape for most of the body, very comfortable in hand. Overall: Overall very happy! I don't feel like I made any compromises compared to the Shures. In fact, the better on/off switches, channel gains, receiver size, and better looks make this a no-brainer for me.

AKG WMS40 Pro Dual Vocal Customer Review submitted September 15, 2009

By a customer from cochise.edu
Overall
Musical Background: AM/FM Radio, DeeJay, live audio and PAs, some recording.
Music Style: All
Sound: Clear, natural sound and a tight pick up pattern helps keep out background noise while cutting through it. Feature: Include the charging stand for rechargeable batteries as a packaged option. I would have bought them. While Dual mic outputs gives better control of individual mics. on the mixer They should offer a "Mixed Output" also...It would come in handy sometimes. Ease of Use: Easy set up, Good Manual. Plug and play and have fun! Dual mic outputs gives better control of individual mics. on the mixer. Quality: Well packaged. appears quite sturdy and solidly constructed. Feels good in the hands sounds great! Value: I rate this product as an really good bang for your buck! don't think, just buy it. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed any tech. support or service yet... The Wow Factor: I want another set, different frequency range so I can run four the them. Overall: I would buy them again no matter what happens to them. I wish that I would have found these before spending my hard earned cash on "the other" brands!
37 of 41 people (90.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent Mic" submitted January 23, 2011

Musical Background: Direrctor
Music Style: Country, Pop
Sound: I have a karaoke business and use this equipment all the time. Batteries last a long time, sound quality is the best of any other mic's. AKG out performs any mic around and would recommend AKG to anyone. Feature: N/A Ease of Use: Easy to use great sound. Quality: This is well made and sturdy. Value: It is certainly worth the price, I have had other mic's that are cheaper, but they constantly cause problems. Manufacturer Support: This is the second set of AKG mic's that I have had and never had the need to contact the company. The Wow Factor: Great Overall: Years to come

"You get what you pay for. It's a shame we aren't getting more for our money these days." submitted June 27, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 16 years live sound engineer, guitarist, etc.
Music Style: all styles
Sound: I bought this dual hand-held system for MC use. The sound is very good. I'm a little upset at the volume pots on the reciever. One seems to have a little catch in it at eleven oclock and they feel inexpensive. I think the mic system will serve me well since I'll use it about once a yeara at a particular gig. Feature: I wish the system had XLR out instead of TRS. I just have more XLR cables than I do TRS cables. Ease of Use: It's a pretty much plug, adjust and play. The volume pots are a little finiky. Quality: Could have better pots. And, the mics could have a little easier to operate switch, they are recessed which make it harder to turn on and off. The standby position is useless, all it really needs is off and on. Value: Wireless systems are so expensive. For the money spent, this unit seems to be a good bang for the buck. I hope I can say this in 5 years. Manufacturer Support: I'll have to guess that this will be more difficult to get serviced if needed. I love AKG mics, the D880s are my go to vocal mics for most of my gigs. I do live sound for many situations, but they no longer make the D880 and I have a bad one that I'd like to get serviced, but I can not find any source of such service. Shure mics will get it done fast and reasonable, wish AKG could be the same! The Wow Factor: Mics are OK, really light weight. The receiver is OK, but needs better pots. Overall: If I had the money, I'd buy top of the line wireless mics. They're just too expensive. Most of my sound jobs pay around 300.00 and I can't invest in super expensive mics that get occasionally exposed to morons. Mics take more abuse than any part of my equipment.

"I'm sorry I bought it, but its useful for practice, NOT shows..." submitted January 24, 2011

Overall
Sound: I don't like the "on mute off" button on the unit, it seems getting it to the "mute" (from the "on" position) is a little cumbersome, should you slip and get it beyond the "mute" and into the "off", it causes a loud static on the speaker... so using it in a live show, is out..... Feature: accessories came with the unit upon delivery, it was simply a mic holder and it was fine... Ease of Use: I've owned an AKG mic and used one on stage before, I liked it then, and had hoped this would be as good.... but it was more like one of the cheaper mics... Quality: The sound was acceptable... Value: NO Manufacturer Support: I've tried working with customer service in the past, and I get the old "soft shoe shuffle" every time so I stopped asking for assistance... The Wow Factor: looks more like a toy, than something I'd use professionally Overall: I'm done with trying AKG products...

When you call, mention priority code 1575-PK11. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976