When you call, mention priority code 140N-0F58

Rating and Reviews: AKG D-40 Microphone

Get use after use out of the AKG D 40 dynamic instrument mic, which is built with a solid metal body and sturdy wire mesh cap to stand up to years of onstage use.

"Sleeper mic" submitted September 21, 2012

By Daniel Poteete in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years...sound engineer, major national touring acts.
Music Style: Anything that pays the bills.
Overall: I have been mixing since the 80's , I've used everything on toms from md421's to 57's, to beta 98's and even more expensive condensers.....and a dozen others.....this mic is the sleeper mic that does tom toms really, really well, I love the way this mic sounds on live toms, and you won't cry if a drummer beats the hell out of it.... buy a dozen....I use it everyday on tour now.

"Captures a great sounding source as is." submitted October 7, 2009

By a customer from allthingstod.com
Musical Background: Pro drummer, singer, guitarist and producer
Music Style: From Punk to Polkas
Sound: I purchased this for kick drum and it delivers extreemly well for the price. It sounds like the kick drum. No artificial bass boost or anything. Which for a lot of people who do not know how to tune, muffle or do mic placement on a kick drum is probably not good. U an a ori drunner with more than 40 years experience so I know how to make my kick sound right. For me this one is great, Feature: Simple, integrated stand adaptor. I prefer a seperate clip. Ease of Use: Like I said, it sounds much like the source that it is recording. If your drum sound sucks this thing will not help Quality: Real solid build, typical AKG. It can really take the high SPLs. Realy nice finish and solid wind screen The Wow Factor: Yea, I wish I had the money for a nicer mike, but for the bucks I would buy it again. I got mine on sale for 69.99. Not sure I would have aid 100 for it at the time but now that I have it I would say it is worth the 100 Overall: I will probably replace it for kick at some point but I am sure that it will just move to the 16 tom and I know that I will love it there.

When you call, mention priority code 140N-0F58. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976